PDA

View Full Version : Denver's potential Super Bowl bid awaits NFL owners meetings

Denver Native (Carol)
03-21-2014, 02:57 PM
A future Super Bowl in Denver may well hinge on the NFL owners meetings next week in Orlando, Fla.

In the past year or so, the Broncos and the city of Denver have been working on an application to bid on a Super Bowl in either 2018, 2019 or 2020.

While momentum for a possible Denver bid is not dead, it's at least put on hold. The NFL annual meetings will be held Sunday through Wednesday at The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes resort.

"We're interested to hear what comes out of committee meeting that takes place Sunday in terms of their views of how New York went, No. 1, and No. 2, the future of outdoor-stadium Super Bowls at cold-weather sites," said Broncos president Joe Ellis.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_25393873/denvers-potential-super-bowl-bid-awaits-nfl-owners

topscribe
03-21-2014, 03:00 PM
Yuk. I like the idea of the Super Bowl in Denver. But I don't like the idea of cold-
weather Super Bowls. Why would I spend $1700 on a ticket for the chance to
watch the game in a possible snow storm? I'll sit at home and put up with the
commercials . . .

BroncoJoe
03-21-2014, 03:39 PM
Yuk. I like the idea of the Super Bowl in Denver. But I don't like the idea of cold-
commercials . . .

Which is exactly what you and I would do whether the Superbowl was in Denver (or your hometown) or elsewhere.

Devilspawn
03-21-2014, 03:43 PM
commercials . . .
How cold does it get in Denver in January? It was unusually warm here for the SB, I think around 43ish. It snowed the Sunday before and the Sunday after and it was cold the week leading up to the SB, AND it's been an icebox since.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-21-2014, 03:44 PM
commercials . . .

But you never know what weather you will get in Denver

Temperature

The month of February is characterized by rising daily high temperatures, with daily highs increasing from 42°F to 49°F over the course of the month, exceeding 63°F or dropping below 27°F only one day in ten.

https://weatherspark.com/averages/30040/2/Denver-Colorado-United-States

DenBronx
03-21-2014, 03:51 PM
Denver would be a great place to host a SB. I think its more than capable of hosting such an event.

I dont get all the fuss about the SB being played in the elements. IMO, football is at its best when the game is played outdoors and in all weather types. If its ok for the regular season then why isnt it ok for a championship game? If it rains then so what, if snows then so what, if its 100 degrees then so what. It's the risk factor that is thrilling in regards to the weather. I like to see these teams prepared for anything. NY had great weather for that game.

But, living in Cali I must say its perfect to have it here. That 49ers stadium is going to be pretty incredible from what I hear so I think its going to be in line to get it before anyone else.

topscribe
03-21-2014, 04:10 PM
Which is exactly what you and I would do whether the Superbowl was in Denver (or your hometown) or elsewhere.
True. :lol:

I was speaking hypothetically, as if I had the money for a ticket in the first place . . .

topscribe
03-21-2014, 04:12 PM
Denver would be a great place to host a SB. I think its more than capable of hosting such an event.

I dont get all the fuss about the SB being played in the elements. IMO, football is at its best when the game is played outdoors and in all weather types. If its ok for the regular season then why isnt it ok for a championship game? If it rains then so what, if snows then so what, if its 100 degrees then so what. It's the risk factor that is thrilling in regards to the weather. I like to see these teams prepared for anything. NY had great weather for that game.

But, living in Cali I must say its perfect to have it here. That 49ers stadium is going to be pretty incredible from what I hear so I think its going to be in line to get it before anyone else.
Oh, I never had a problem playing in the elements.

Sitting and watching is a different story. :nod:

Simple Jaded
03-22-2014, 11:11 PM
Denver is one of the few tourist attractions where you can take in an NFL game, NBA game, go skiing/boarding and golf in the same weekend.

MasterShake
03-23-2014, 08:44 AM
I would love to have a Super Bowl here for the revenue, but I wouldn't pay to go to the game unless the Broncos were in it. I still wish they had a truly neutral stadium in Las Vegas or something where it could always be held.