PDA

View Full Version : Better set of pass rushers?

OB
03-20-2014, 04:19 PM
Better set of pass rushers

A: Denver Broncos
Von Miller & DeMarcus Ware

B: Seattle Seahawks
Michael Bennett & Jared Allen

Granted it may be silly to ask this question on a broncos site but what say you?

tomjonesrocks
03-20-2014, 05:09 PM
Seattle. Their guys are healthy.

dogfish
03-20-2014, 05:23 PM
seattle. . . you left off cliff avril. . .

DenBronx
03-20-2014, 05:42 PM
Von Miller is a monster. Hes better than all of those guys. So start there then compare Ware and Allen.

silkamilkamonico
03-20-2014, 06:13 PM
Seattle Seahags

B.

BroncoWave
03-20-2014, 06:15 PM
I think Ware and Allen are about the same but Miller is >>>>>>> Bennett. So if just comparing those twosomes, it's Denver. Now overall pass rush, Seattle probably does have the edge. But that's not what the thread was asking.

NightTerror218
03-20-2014, 06:21 PM
Day 1 seattle mid season denver.

Seattle was not a top sacking team but got a lot of pressure.

broncohead
03-20-2014, 06:57 PM
Depends if all of them played a whole season I'd go with Miller/Ware. Now we won't know how it will play out cause Miller is a dumb*** and Ware has had injury issues.

DenBronx
03-20-2014, 07:07 PM
If Miller or Ware was on that Seattle defense they would be impossible to stop.

I think we have the better pass rushers but how they are used and the rest of the defense around them is another thing.

tomjonesrocks
03-20-2014, 07:35 PM
Von Miller is a monster. Hes better than all of those guys. So start there then compare Ware and Allen. Was. We really don't know what he is now between the ACL and ill-advised weight gain. He probably won't be at full speed until midway through next season -- if we are lucky. He had 5 sacks in 9 games last year.

They're wild cards IMO.

CrazyHorse
03-20-2014, 07:39 PM
seattle. . . you left off cliff avril. . .

We got Derek Wolfe and Malik jackson!

topscribe
03-20-2014, 08:04 PM
We got Derek Wolfe and Malik jackson!
And T-Knight.

With Miller and Wolfe back healthy and Ware added in, Denver promises to have
a very good pass rush. Seattle already has one. Actually, the difference might
be in the respective backfields. Just as coverage feeds off the pass rush, so
does the pass rush feed off coverage. So, assuming the guys up front (again,
if Von & Wolfe are healthy) are a wash, who has the better backfield? And
there you just might have your answer . . .

Simple Jaded
03-21-2014, 12:03 AM
I think Ware and Allen are about the same but Miller is >>>>>>> Bennett. So if just comparing those twosomes, it's Denver. Now overall pass rush, Seattle probably does have the edge. But that's not what the thread was asking.

Hags also have Cliff Avril and Bruce Irvin, I think that gives them the edge.

TXBRONC
03-21-2014, 06:50 AM
Seattle has the deeper bench.

CoachChaz
03-21-2014, 08:46 AM
Seattle is deeper, but only 2 can play at a time. If history is anything to go on...Miller and Ware rarely leave the field, so it could be a bit of a wash. If Q shows he is capable and Jackson continues to improve...I think it's a lot closer than some may think

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-21-2014, 09:34 AM
Seattle is deeper, but only 2 can play at a time. If history is anything to go on...Miller and Ware rarely leave the field, so it could be a bit of a wash. If Q shows he is capable and Jackson continues to improve...I think it's a lot closer than some may think

Especially if Derek Wolfe is 100% this year. When healthy he is a good pass rusher from the 3 tech.

dogfish
03-21-2014, 11:57 AM

they play three at a time-- bennet slides inside on passing downs, he gets most of his sacks rushing from tackle. . .

topscribe
03-21-2014, 12:11 PM
they play three at a time-- bennet slides inside on passing downs, he gets most of his sacks rushing from tackle. . .
Well, from that consideration, Denver will also play three or four at a time. As Al
said above, Wolfe will be there if healthy, and I think we've been overlooking
T- Knight, who the offense has an awful time keeping from collapsing the pocket.

This year, I believe that it will come down to more than the double-barrel
outside rush of Von and Ware. T-Knight, Wolfe, and Williams are going to be
very hard to deal with on the inside for offenses, IMO.

CoachChaz
03-21-2014, 12:23 PM

Well, from that consideration, Denver will also play three or four at a time. As Al
said above, Wolfe will be there if healthy, and I think we've been overlooking
T- Knight, who the offense has an awful time keeping from collapsing the pocket.

This year, I believe that it will come down to more than the double-barrel
outside rush of Von and Ware. T-Knight, Wolfe, and Williams are going to be
very hard to deal with on the inside for offenses, IMO.

Exactly. Jackson and Wolfe arent always on the outside. Personally, I think it's a wash, with maybe the advantage to Denver.

Miller, Ware, Jackson, Wolfe...or Bennett, Irvin, Avril, Allen

I think both sets are good for 30-35 sacks. If you break the defenses down, player for player, we might only be a MLB and FS away from having equal defensive talent

Lancane
03-21-2014, 04:30 PM
If you add in coverage and the ability to create coverage sacks above and beyond simple pressure then Seattle may be unrivaled. If Denver adds a middle linebacker who can help cover the middle but can also help create pressure, Talib can stay healthy and Harris can step up more or they draft another top corner with Ward and Moore? I would say that we'd be closer then most other teams in the league, including San Francisco. It's too bad we can not retain Shaun Phillips atop the other additions, because then the Broncos would be on par with them in terms of line talent and bench depth.

topscribe
03-21-2014, 04:50 PM
If you add in coverage and the ability to create coverage sacks above and beyond simple pressure then Seattle may be unrivaled. If Denver adds a middle linebacker who can help cover the middle but can also help create pressure, Talib can stay healthy and Harris can step up more or they draft another top corner with Ward and Moore? I would say that we'd be closer then most other teams in the league, including San Francisco. It's too bad we can not retain Shaun Phillips atop the other additions, because then the Broncos would be on par with them in terms of line talent and bench depth.
Well, Phillips is still on the FA board, I understand. Drop one of Tamme or Dreessen,
for instance, and there we have it. It ain't over 'til it's over, as they say . . .

nevcraw
03-23-2014, 11:00 AM
upfront we are going to be stout but as others have said MLB and the secondary still has holes. need another outside CB who can handle his business. Like DRC last year. Question marks on Moore too..

MOtorboat
03-23-2014, 12:01 PM
Especially if Derek Wolfe is 100% this year. When healthy he is a good pass rusher from the 3 tech.

Him playing the 3 is also reliant upon Miller being healthy. Last year when Miller was out Denver played him outside and he was basically ineffective.

luckyseven
03-23-2014, 04:58 PM
Him playing the 3 is also reliant upon Miller being healthy. Last year when Miller was out Denver played him outside and he was basically ineffective.

I think he was bascially ineffective because he had been hurt early in the year. He was playing hurt or with less confidence most of the year.

topscribe
03-23-2014, 05:02 PM
I think he was bascially ineffective because he had been hurt early in the year. He was playing hurt or with less confidence most of the year.
That and perhaps he was simply overweight. He said he put it all on in muscle, but
it didn't seem that he was playing as if it was all muscle . . .

luckyseven
03-23-2014, 05:19 PM
That and perhaps he was simply overweight. He said he put it all on in muscle, but
it didn't seem that he was playing as if it was all muscle . . .

I really think that injury screwed with his head.

Much like someone with an ACL needing to get confidence in his knee, they have to make cuts and get hit to KNOW that is stable.

God only knows about what goes thru a KID and I do say KIDS mind when they get carted off the field with no feeling in your extremities.

WARHORSE
03-23-2014, 08:41 PM
Im EAGERLY waiting to see what our pass rush will do next season.

POT ROAST? Anyone forgot about him? That was WITHOUT dual killer rusher on both ends. What kind of havoc is the man going to wreak going forward in trying to gain a payday? Dont overlook Mr. Sylvester Williams either. My man got a sack in two of the

final three games and that last game was a halftime show for the starters. VICK and WOLFE for show? Wow.

If Von takes some of that weight off I look for him to regain top form by the second half of the season.

Demarcus now has something to prove.....that Dallas shouldnt have let him walk.

I dont care about opinions on whos better between Seattle and Denver, all I care about is our health going into the playoffs. If we're healthy...........look out.

DenBronx
03-24-2014, 01:25 AM
Exactly. Jackson and Wolfe arent always on the outside. Personally, I think it's a wash, with maybe the advantage to Denver.

Miller, Ware, Jackson, Wolfe...or Bennett, Irvin, Avril, Allen

I think both sets are good for 30-35 sacks. If you break the defenses down, player for player, we might only be a MLB and FS away from having equal defensive talent

Could be right talent wise but as a unit I dont know man. Seattle has one of the scariest defenses I think I have ever seen, as a complete unit. Pretty hard to just judge their DL without their secondary. Their secondary makes the front 7 look even better than what they might even be. Put Von Miller on that defense and I dont think teams would even be able to get past the 50 yard line. The coaches seem to bring the best out of those players and as a defensive unit they have really jelled together. That would be the differance.

But, we are making strides to become that good. Slowly but surely we will have a top 3 defense. I do agree with us putting up 30-35 sacks or more as long as everyone stays healthy and out of trouble.