PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Breaking Bad Fans

BobaFett
03-19-2014, 04:17 PM
Miss Breaking Bad? Want something easily comparable (better in some eyes, not as good but comparable in others)?

http://hdfons.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/The-Shield-Wallpaper.jpg

Check out The Shield. I'm never one to suggest a cop show. I hate shows like NYPD Blue and NCIS and all that other crap. The Shield isn't of that genre and really helped create the TV renaissance responsible for The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, etc.

I loved Breaking Bad. I really like The Walking Dead most of the time. I'm a huge Game of Thrones guy.

For me, the best original TV series of all time is The Shield. If you like dark, gritty, violent, character driven drama-epics, I highly suggest you check this out. It ran from like 2000 to 2008 on FX and really pushed the boundaries of television. Probably my favorite TV show of all time. Breaking Bad type people will really love it.

It's about middle class, family type guys with a lot of redeemable qualities that become crooked cops. Really intense show. Really dark, really intense, and...
Don't want to spoil anything for you, but I'm not one to suggest mediocre television shows. The Shield is Shakespearean.

You'll get hooked. Everyone I've suggested to it ended up season zerging it in a week. Check it out :)

Ravage!!!
03-19-2014, 04:26 PM
I personally never liked this show, probably because Chikles is such a bad actor. I like him as a person, but he's a bad actor.

BobaFett
03-19-2014, 04:29 PM
I personally never liked this show, probably because Chikles is such a bad actor. I like him as a person, but he's a bad actor.

Hmm, I thought he acted really well in The Shield. He played a perfect Vic Mackey IMO.
How far did you get into the show? I loved it. Put it ahead of Breaking Bad.

Ravage!!!
03-19-2014, 05:46 PM
Hmm, I thought he acted really well in The Shield. He played a perfect Vic Mackey IMO.
How far did you get into the show? I loved it. Put it ahead of Breaking Bad.

Well, I don't remember the number specifically. I do know that I didn't make it TOO far in before I started to just forget about the show.

olathebroncofan
03-19-2014, 06:34 PM
Wait. Is this like a a final season or what ever. Similar to what they are doing with 24? I loved the shield.

Softskull
03-19-2014, 06:59 PM
anyone that can use zerging in a sentence has my utmost respect. I'm checking out The Shield.

VonDoom
03-19-2014, 07:14 PM
A guy on a podcast I listen to (whose opinion I respect) LOVES The Shield. Everyone on that podcast (and myself, of course) loved Breaking Bad too, so maybe I'll look into this when I have time.

I'm excited for Game of Thrones to return. My sleeper pick (also coming back soon) is Orphan Black. Binge watch the first season before it comes back and before it takes off and becomes a hit.

weazel
03-19-2014, 07:15 PM
I couldnt get into this show, I thought the acting was just horrible... like "2 broke chicks" horrible