PDA

View Full Version : How can you not like this (Revis vs Talib)

artie_dale
03-19-2014, 01:11 PM

artie_dale
03-19-2014, 01:11 PM
AND we got him at the better price.

slim
03-19-2014, 01:12 PM

I bet WTE doesn't care for it!

DenBronx
03-19-2014, 01:41 PM
Congratulations to the Denver Broncos organization on getting the better CB for a much lower annual cost. And for proving once again we are a step ahead of the cheaters/liars New England Patriots.

BroncoJoe
03-19-2014, 01:44 PM
This is pretty funny too:

JPBb9zU3EaE

WTE
03-19-2014, 01:46 PM
Means nothing. You don't put Revis in a zone D.

DenBronx
03-19-2014, 01:52 PM
Id also like to congratulate Revis for sticking to his guns and getting over market value for his production. He is a wise business man and puts his love for money above all else. 2 years for 30 million is QB money for a guy who isnt even 3rd best right now.

CoachChaz
03-19-2014, 01:55 PM
But...but..Talib doesnt play enough games to have better numbers. How is that possible?

WTE
03-19-2014, 01:56 PM
and I would like to congratulate John Elway for making sure the lion's share of Talib's contract is based on actual games played as it appears Elway also has very little confidence in Talib's ability to play a full season.

CoachChaz
03-19-2014, 01:57 PM
and I would like to congratulate John Elway for making sure the lion's share of Talib's contract is based on actual games played as it appears Elway also has very little confidence in Talib's ability to play a full season.

Ahh...but he is using the ultimate motivator to keep him on the field...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

TXBRONC
03-19-2014, 02:35 PM
Ahh...but he is using the ultimate motivator to keep him on the field...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Trolls never see the big picture.

TXBRONC
03-19-2014, 02:37 PM

In the Other NFL Teams Forum there is thread about Revis this would be worth sharing Patsy fans.

silkamilkamonico
03-19-2014, 02:37 PM
Talib just better be playing late in the playoffs, I think I heard somewhere that he has bowed out of the last couple conference championship games or something like thatl

DenBronx
03-19-2014, 02:46 PM
SO what we have learned is Revis was a good player in 2009 and so so since then.

Talib looks to be the better player NOW. All I am concern with is what have you done for me lately.

UnderArmour
03-19-2014, 02:47 PM
As much as I want to hop on the bandwagon, Revis is a better cornerback and a better person than Talib... And it isn't even close.

underrated29
03-19-2014, 03:03 PM
All I am concerned about is the fact that we have a CB who is being mentioned in the same breath with Revis, let alone putting up equal or better numbers.

Champ has inadvertently passed to the torch to the next great Denver Broncos CB. I just hope Manning can do the same to Ozzy.

BobaFett
03-19-2014, 03:16 PM
http://api.ning.com/files/9aEIXbjPq66BycbyKCAqnglsowQORtM1hHUmAJHqiR0_/DeionSandersDarrelleRevisComparisonStats.gif

He was asked about matching up against Vincent Jackson, the secondary's developing chemistry, and meeting up with his former team. Someone then veered off the typical itinerary by asking Talib if he is a better cornerback than the Bucs' Darrelle Revis.

He didn't bite.

"Revis is in his own category, man," Talib said. "He's the truth. All the corners in the league, we know it. Some guys might say something, (Seattle's) Richard Sherman might say something, but the only reason he's saying something is because know what Revis is. He's at his own level."

Revis was totally misused last season. Belichick will scheme the entire defense around Revis skill set. I believe we'll see a return to Jets level Darrelle.
Last season is a really unfair comparison because he was playing for an guy who was so bad he was fired and replaced by a guy that is still pretty bad

BobaFett
03-19-2014, 03:18 PM
Talib just better be playing late in the playoffs, I think I heard somewhere that he has bowed out of the last couple conference championship games or something like thatl

When he left last years AFC Championship, Pats fans were really bummed out. Then we heard he left over a bruise and now we basically hate him lol

tomjonesrocks
03-19-2014, 03:18 PM
Id also like to congratulate Revis for sticking to his guns and getting over market value for his production. He is a wise business man and puts his love for money above all else. 2 years for 30 million is QB money for a guy who isnt even 3rd best right now.

He is quoted as saying he just wants to win. How dare you.

Ravage!!!
03-19-2014, 03:35 PM
Means nothing. You don't put Revis in a zone D.

This is funny. What kind of corner doesn't know, or can't, play zone?? :confused: Sounds like he's pretty limited.

WTE
03-19-2014, 03:45 PM
This is funny. What kind of corner doesn't know, or can't, play zone?? :confused: Sounds like he's pretty limited.

He was still coming off injury last year so yes, somewhat limited. But after a full yr of healing BB will put him back strictly to one on one coverage and he will be great.

BobaFett
03-19-2014, 03:48 PM
Zone coverage relies as much on defensive coaching as it does the players, no? And we know who was coaching Tampa.
Deion wasn't a great zone guy either, because he hated it. True shut down corners usually always prefer man to man because that's their pride.
"This guy is the guy I'm on and he isn't catching anything this game. Prepare to be minimized."

Ravage!!!
03-19-2014, 03:52 PM
:lol: Oooooo kay. They "prefer" to man up and thus just can'tplay wll in zone.. :lol: GOTCHA.. that makes sense. Hey, if they put Revis man up all the time, that is going to force the rest of your defense to have to adjust the weakness that is Revis and his inability to zone. That's great, because man-v-man is easier to create mismatches against. So does he play his side of the field, or does he switch? Just curious as to how limited his coverage skills really are.

BobaFett
03-19-2014, 03:58 PM
:lol: Oooooo kay. They "prefer" to man up and thus just can'tplay wll in zone.. :lol: GOTCHA.. that makes sense. Hey, if they put Revis man up all the time, that is going to force the rest of your defense to have to adjust the weakness that is Revis and his inability to zone. That's great, because man-v-man is easier to create mismatches against. So does he play his side of the field, or does he switch? Just curious as to how limited his coverage skills really are.

You really believe any of this?

Revis was in the corner back GOAT conversation. Maybe Greg Schiano can't run an effective zone?
Belichick can. I'm sure the Patriots will run some zone coverages next year.

Davii
03-19-2014, 04:15 PM
Zone coverage relies as much on defensive coaching as it does the players, no? And we know who was coaching Tampa.
Deion wasn't a great zone guy either, because he hated it. True shut down corners usually always prefer man to man because that's their pride.
"This guy is the guy I'm on and he isn't catching anything this game. Prepare to be minimized."

Hi Bojangles.

chazoe60
03-19-2014, 04:18 PM
Revis has never been in the Goat conversation. FFS dude quit dangling from his nuts, it's embarrassing.

BobaFett
03-19-2014, 04:21 PM
Revis has never been in the Goat conversation. FFS dude quit dangling from his nuts, it's embarrassing.

He was. 2009 and 2010 started the conversation. He wasn't called "The Goat." People were saying "He's on his way to becoming the GOAT."

Ravage!!!
03-19-2014, 04:22 PM
You really believe any of this?

Revis was in the corner back GOAT conversation. Maybe Greg Schiano can't run an effective zone?
Belichick can. I'm sure the Patriots will run some zone coverages next year.

What? When was Revis ever in any GOAT conversations? :confused:

WTE said you don't put Revis in a zone, but that has changed to blame it on the coach? :confused: Seems everyone is talkign that Revis is just weak in the zone, but no one mentioned that tis probably the COACHES fault, other than Patriots fans. How many top defenses has Belicheck had lately? :whoknows: I'm sure the Patriots will run some zones as well, but if Revis can't play zone defense, what side does that benefit? :confused:

You seem to be talking in circles and raising more questions than you are answering.

Ravage!!!
03-19-2014, 04:23 PM
He was. 2009 and 2010 started the conversation. He wasn't called "The Goat." People were saying "He's on his way to becoming the GOAT."

AHhh.. what people were saying this?

BroncoJoe
03-19-2014, 04:25 PM
AHhh.. what people were saying this?

Someone gets a nick-name and all of the sudden they're world beaters.

Pot roast anyone? (I like the guy, and he played well last season, but his nickname gave him another level of perceived ability)

BobaFett
03-19-2014, 04:26 PM
What? When was Revis ever in any GOAT conversations? :confused:

WTE said you don't put Revis in a zone, but that has changed to blame it on the coach? :confused: Seems everyone is talkign that Revis is just weak in the zone, but no one mentioned that tis probably the COACHES fault, other than Patriots fans. How many top defenses has Belicheck had lately? :whoknows: I'm sure the Patriots will run some zones as well, but if Revis can't play zone defense, what side does that benefit? :confused:

You seem to be talking in circles and raising more questions than you are answering.

I don't have the stats in front of me but IIRC the Patriots were a top 5 defense last year for the first five weeks (not saying a lot) until the injury bug struck down Mayo and Wilfork and key personnel and then they dropped off considerably. I'm hoping with the additions of Browner and Revis we're a legit elite D this season. Time will tell.
Anyway, if you guys would rather have Talib than Revis, and we would rather have Revis than Talib, I guess everything worked out great :D

Ravage!!!
03-19-2014, 04:29 PM
I don't have the stats in front of me but IIRC the Patriots were a top 5 defense last year for the first five weeks (not saying a lot) until the injury bug struck down Mayo and Wilfork and key personnel and then they dropped off considerably. I'm hoping with the additions of Browner and Revis we're a legit elite D this season. Time will tell.
Anyway, if you guys would rather have Talib than Revis, and we would rather have Revis than Talib, I guess everything worked out great :D

I don't have a problem with Revis as a player.... and I don't liek either one's personality. I just think its funny that the Patriots are telling us how crappy the palyrs are the leave and how good the replacements are. I LOVE how I hear Edleman is so much better than Welker. That is my favorite.

BobaFett
03-19-2014, 04:34 PM
I don't have a problem with Revis as a player.... and I don't liek either one's personality. I just think its funny that the Patriots are telling us how crappy the palyrs are the leave and how good the replacements are. I LOVE how I hear Edleman is so much better than Welker. That is my favorite.

It was the right time for us to get rid of Welker. We always get rid of our players before they start their decline. It's why after 14 years of AFC dominance we can still afford to go on FA shopping sprees.
Teams like the Steelers are the opposite. They get all attached to their guys and sign them forever. They were awful last year and still couldn't afford to do anything in Free Agency and couldn't even hold on to who they had.

I'm perfectly fine with us dumping Welker. I would have preferred he went somewhere that wasn't Denver, but I didn't miss him here.

I'm not saying Talib is crappy. I just think Revis is on another planet. When you first snatched Talib I thought you killed us for the 2014 season. My eyes went wide when I first read it and I wanted to fly to Denver and punch Elway in his face. Then Revis became available, we signed him, and now I want to send him flowers.

CoachChaz
03-19-2014, 04:45 PM
My favorite is this propensity to rank corners as if Revis is light years ahead of anyone else, with the exception being Sherman. Then excuses are made for how he performed in Tampa because "it wasnt a right fit". Well if that's the case then cant we attribute his success in NY to the fact that he played on an overall very good defense? Or are we going to stick with a double standard?

UnderArmour
03-19-2014, 04:50 PM
It was the right time for us to get rid of Welker. We always get rid of our players before they start their decline. It's why after 14 years of AFC dominance we can still afford to go on FA shopping sprees.
Teams like the Steelers are the opposite. They get all attached to their guys and sign them forever. They were awful last year and still couldn't afford to do anything in Free Agency and couldn't even hold on to who they had.

I'm perfectly fine with us dumping Welker. I would have preferred he went somewhere that wasn't Denver, but I didn't miss him here.

I'm not saying Talib is crappy. I just think Revis is on another planet. When you first snatched Talib I thought you killed us for the 2014 season. My eyes went wide when I first read it and I wanted to fly to Denver and punch Elway in his face. Then Revis became available, we signed him, and now I want to send him flowers.

It was the perfect time to get rid of him only because you had Aaron Hernandez and Gronk. But, Aaron Hernandez is behind bars so you look like idiots for thinking Amendola was going to surpass Welker. We crippled your offense by signing Welker, and it was undeniable early last year and in the AFC Championship game.

With regards to Talib, keep in mind he was our plan B. We only signed him because DRC didn't want to take the deal. The Jets were talking up DRC during the negotiating window saying they were going to spend all this money on him, but when he got to the negotiating table it turned out they were all talk. We needed a corner, so we turned and gave Talib the money we were going to give DRC. Obviously, Revis is a better cornerback than Talib is, but for the value the Broncos got the better end of things considering Revis is a one-year rental then onto his next payday.

As Broncos fans know, you can always just throw away from the top corner. Peyton Manning used to light us up all the time by just throwing away from Champ Bailey. Revis will essentially take Demaryius Thomas out of the game, but that's really not going to matter unless the injury-bug hits our team. The Patriots without Welker or Hernandez just do not have enough talent to take the AFC back from the Broncos. There were no game-changing WRs on the market, so they need to draft a true #1 receiver badly.

BobaFett
03-19-2014, 04:59 PM
It was the perfect time to get rid of him only because you had Aaron Hernandez and Gronk. But, Aaron Hernandez is behind bars so you look like idiots for thinking Amendola was going to surpass Welker. We crippled your offense by signing Welker, and it was undeniable early last year and in the AFC Championship game.

With regards to Talib, keep in mind he was our plan B. We only signed him because DRC didn't want to take the deal. The Jets were talking up DRC during the negotiating window saying they were going to spend all this money on him, but when he got to the negotiating table it turned out they were all talk. We needed a corner, so we turned and gave Talib the money we were going to give DRC. Obviously, Revis is a better cornerback than Talib is, but for the value the Broncos got the better end of things considering Revis is a one-year rental then onto his next payday.

As Broncos fans know, you can always just throw away from the top corner. Peyton Manning used to light us up all the time by just throwing away from Champ Bailey. Revis will essentially take Demaryius Thomas out of the game, but that's really not going to matter unless the injury-bug hits our team. The Patriots without Welker or Hernandez just do not have enough talent to take the AFC back from the Broncos. There were no game-changing WRs on the market, so they need to draft a true #1 receiver badly.

Fair points, but Aaron Hernandez set us back more with his murder rampage than the loss of Welker.

I disagree that Revis is a one year rental. This is all conjecture, but I feel like he's staying. Also, it remains to be seen if you got better value. Revis could play lights out like his days with the Jets, and stay healthy through out the entire season, which he tends to do, and Talib could miss 6 or 7 games and be hobbled when you need him most in the post season.

Talib has a lot of wildcard to him. That was as true for us when he was here as it will be for you now that he's there. You guys also have a much more difficult schedule this year than any other year since Peyton joined your team. You're going to need all your guys on the field if you want a shot at the #1 seed. All we can do now is guess and speculate. Going to be a long off season.

I think everyone is excited to see their new toys.

BobaFett
03-19-2014, 05:14 PM
In fairness though, the entire NFL has a lot of wildcard to it. One play could end both our seasons as contenders for the AFC Championship

chazoe60
03-19-2014, 05:19 PM
In fairness though, the entire NFL has a lot of wildcard to it. One play could end both our seasons as contenders for the AFC Championship

You mean if Peyton runs out of bounds and tears his ACL causing him to fall on Tom Brady and tear his ACL?

I'm just ******* with you.

BroncoJoe
03-19-2014, 05:20 PM
You mean if Peyton runs out of bounds and tears his ACL causing him to fall on Tom Brady and tear his ACL?

I'm just ******* with you.

Go take a dump in the toilet, turn around and stick your head in the water, then flush. With your mouth open.

chazoe60
03-19-2014, 05:24 PM
Go take a dump in the toilet, turn around and stick your head in the water, then flush. With your mouth open.

I will do no such thing.

Timmy!
03-19-2014, 05:29 PM
He plays for the pats, therefore greatest of all time...........until pats release him, then he was mediocre and is replaceable by this new guy who is 80 times better. Pat fan logic.

DenBronx
03-19-2014, 05:37 PM
Deon Branch is so elite!!! Gets signed by Seattle. Deons gay!

BobaFett
03-19-2014, 05:38 PM
Deon Branch is so elite!!! Gets signed by Seattle. Deons gay!

It's not that Deon was gay for going to Seattle. It was that he was wicked fawkin' homo, bro.

FanInAZ
03-19-2014, 05:41 PM
http://api.ning.com/files/9aEIXbjPq66BycbyKCAqnglsowQORtM1hHUmAJHqiR0_/DeionSandersDarrelleRevisComparisonStats.gif

Revis was totally misused last season. Belichick will scheme the entire defense around Revis skill set. I believe we'll see a return to Jets level Darrelle.
Last season is a really unfair comparison because he was playing for an guy who was so bad he was fired and replaced by a guy that is still pretty bad

The quality of the WRs that Revis faced in '09 isn't close to those Deion faced in '94.

TXBRONC
03-19-2014, 05:44 PM
As much as I want to hop on the bandwagon, Revis is a better cornerback and a better person than Talib... And it isn't even close.

Revis is a malcontent.

DenBronx
03-19-2014, 05:45 PM
I like how when true intelligent Broncos fans are talking about the present NE fans like to bring up 2009.

The book of Pats logic continues. Page 357

TXBRONC
03-19-2014, 06:07 PM
Fair points, but Aaron Hernandez set us back more with his murder rampage than the loss of Welker.

I disagree that Revis is a one year rental. This is all conjecture, but I feel like he's staying. Also, it remains to be seen if you got better value. Revis could play lights out like his days with the Jets, and stay healthy through out the entire season, which he tends to do, and Talib could miss 6 or 7 games and be hobbled when you need him most in the post season.

Talib has a lot of wildcard to him. That was as true for us when he was here as it will be for you now that he's there. You guys also have a much more difficult schedule this year than any other year since Peyton joined your team. You're going to need all your guys on the field if you want a shot at the #1 seed. All we can do now is guess and speculate. Going to be a long off season.

I think everyone is excited to see their new toys.

Wrong. Losing Welker was huge.

SoCalImport
03-19-2014, 06:27 PM
As it stands right now I'd say that both teams landed a solid "lockdown" DB. Revis may have the edge in man-cover ability but Talib is more physical and uses that advantage. It's a wash untill we see how the season plays out.I do much prefer Talibs contract for us though.

MOtorboat
03-19-2014, 07:24 PM

That graphic is bogus, because someone just took the best receiver a team had for that game and threw it on paper.

During that season teams were so afraid of Champ Bailey they would only throw it to his side of the field three or four times per game. He was only truly tested 35 times.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/452713-darrelle-revis-09-best-season-ever-by-a-corner-please-rex-ryan-not-even-close

Of those tests he brought in ten interceptions and only allowed four receptions.

The ESPN blog doesn't exist anymore, but:

http://turnonthejets.com/2010/01/darrelle-revis-your-2009-defensive-player-of-the-year/

Read this little excerpt from Tim Graham at ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/9112/did-revis-get-robbed-of-dpoy-honor), which emphasizes the burn percentage among corners and look where Revis ranks (#1) and where Woodson ranks (not even in the top 5). The bottom line is that 108 times, somebody has thrown on Darrelle Revis, 40 times the pass has been caught (37 percent), for 439 yards and 2 touchdowns…compared to Woodson who has 84 passes thrown at him, still allowed 40 receptions (47.6 percent), for 560 yards, and 6 touchdowns.

Not even close to who was more dominant...

Jsteve01
03-19-2014, 07:36 PM
Mo, your point is completely lost on me.

MOtorboat
03-19-2014, 07:41 PM
Mo, your point is completely lost on me.

In the graphic, the person who put it together went to box scores, grabbed the opposing team's top receiver and put it on the chart. They didn't look at who was thrown at. I understand that the comparison was to Deion...

But,
Champ Bailey, 2006 - Targeted 35 times, 4 receptions, 10 interceptions.
Darrelle Revis, 2009 - Targeted 108 times, 40 receptions, 4 interceptions.

I have a feeling Deion's real numbers were much closer to Champ's than Revis', although I'm trying to find that.

Jsteve01
03-19-2014, 07:51 PM
Ok, I get it now I started to see it there and yes, Champ's 2006 season may very well have been the best all around season ever by a corner. I have to be honest though. Revis and Talib are both great players I don't think saying one is really good has to detract from the other's abilities. Kind of reminds me of when Nuggets fans felt they always had to bash Lebron when early in their careers he and Melo looked like they could be the Bird and Magic of their generation.

WTE
03-19-2014, 07:58 PM
I like how when true intelligent Broncos fans are talking about the present NE fans like to bring up 2009.

The book of Pats logic continues. Page 357

I like how true "intelligent" Broncos fans are obsessed that NE signed Darrelle Revis. There are now two separate threads about Darrelle Revis that were created by broncos fans and both threads have been trending greatly on this board for several days now.

What's the obsession w/ Revis Broncos fans? Are you upset Elway made overtures towards him and was jilted? Are you pissed that of all 31 other teams he could sign with he chose your arch nemesis New England Patriots? Spill your guts Broncos fans!

Davii
03-19-2014, 08:02 PM
I like how true "intelligent" Broncos fans are obsessed that NE signed Darrelle Revis. There are now two separate threads about Darrelle Revis that were created by broncos fans and both threads have been trending greatly on this board for several days now.

What's the obsession w/ Revis Broncos fans? Are you upset Elway made overtures towards him and was jilted? Are you pissed that of all 31 other teams he could sign with he chose your arch nemesis New England Patriots? Spill your guts Broncos fans!

It's that you, and other trolls, try to rile the masses. Your objective has been accomplished.

WTE
03-19-2014, 08:05 PM
It's that you, and other trolls, try to rile the masses. Your objective has been accomplished.

It appears the masses enjoy the banter Davii so why don't you loosen up for once?

Davii
03-19-2014, 08:10 PM
It appears the masses enjoy the banter Davii so why don't you loosen up for once?

I'm not e-kicking you in the face for being a troll, just pointing out the obvious reasons this thread is still active.

Dapper Dan
03-19-2014, 08:11 PM
Scanned through the pages. The only thing I've learned is that Revis is better than Deion Sanders and Talib is better than Revis. So I guess Talib is better than Sanders. Awesome.

WTE
03-19-2014, 08:30 PM
I'm not e-kicking you in the face for being a troll, just pointing out the obvious reasons this thread is still active.

I didn't create the thread and the thread had immediate activity among your folk well before any esteemed Patriots fans opined.

Therefore, your opinion about this threads popularity is unsubstantiated. You Broncos fans are obsessed NE signed Revis. Plain and Simple.

TXBRONC
03-19-2014, 10:01 PM

If Revis is better it's not by much. As far as who better person I won't argue.

TXBRONC
03-19-2014, 10:03 PM
I didn't create the thread and the thread had immediate activity among your folk well before any esteemed Patriots fans opined.

Therefore, your opinion about this threads popularity is unsubstantiated. You Broncos fans are obsessed NE signed Revis. Plain and Simple.

Actually I think you should close your hole and move back into the smack section if you're going to talk shit.

luckyseven
03-19-2014, 10:04 PM

WTE just had a heart attack.

topscribe
03-19-2014, 10:19 PM
If Revis is better it's not by much. As far as who better person I won't argue.
And why not? Because Talib did some things a few years ago? I understand
his conduct has been clean ever since joining the Pats. Are you all trying to say
Revis is a better person or was a better person? I may not have a quarrel with
the latter, but who's to say about the former? Is somebody here now living
with Talib?

topscribe
03-19-2014, 10:23 PM
And so here come the excuses . . .

DenBronx
03-19-2014, 10:32 PM

Banter?

It's more like Bronco fans giving NE fans a bully beatdown.

Broncos are clearly winning the offseason.

Jsteve01
03-19-2014, 10:34 PM
And why not? Because Talib did some things a few years ago? I understand
his conduct has been clean ever since joining the Pats. Are you all trying to say
Revis is a better person or was a better person? I may not have a quarrel with
the latter, but who's to say about the former? Is somebody here now living
with Talib?
. I agree with this sentiment completely. Talib really, really impressed me during his press conference. he exudes charisma. You're talking about a guy who comes from a terrible background and from all appearances looks to have worked himself into a good man. These are the types of stories we should be getting behind. Maybe I'm wrong and maybe he still has some knucklehead in him but I've got all kinds of stories in my personal life of knucklehead friends and family members who most people would have pegged as career losers that have by the grace of God become amazing people.

Jsteve01
03-19-2014, 10:35 PM
Banter?

apparently you missed the fact that the Pats resigned Edelmann?

DenBronx
03-19-2014, 10:35 PM
I think what happened was is Talib grew up.

DenBronx
03-19-2014, 10:38 PM
apparently you missed the fact that the Pats resigned Edelmann?

Oh yeah, I forgot, a top 5 WR that can do the things DT can do.

Not.

The Pats only hope to be anywhere on the same planet as our offense is to cut Amendola and trade for Jackson. Until then they dont worry me at all. I fully believe Sanders will have a better season than Edelman.

topscribe
03-19-2014, 10:39 PM
Banter?

I don't know who's winning the offseason, and I don't think it matters. What
matters is what happens in the regular season and then in the playoffs. I'll let
the patsie fans claim the better CB. In fact, I'll let them claim superiority up
and down the entire roster. I just want their heads hanging low after their
boys run into the Denver Broncos buzz saw . . .

DenBronx
03-19-2014, 10:51 PM
I don't know who's winning the offseason, and I don't think it matters. What
matters is what happens in the regular season and then in the playoffs. I'll let
the patsie fans claim the better CB. In fact, I'll let them claim superiority up
and down the entire roster. I just want their heads hanging low after their
boys run into the Denver Broncos buzz saw . . .

It's going to look something like this.

DHO116nzdWw

Simple Jaded
03-19-2014, 10:52 PM
Talib pistol whipped a child molester, failed two drugs tests in college and got into fight with a teammate, I'm sure there's more to it but you have contact with worse people on a daily basis and don't even know it.

luckyseven
03-19-2014, 10:53 PM

have not counted but I'd guess that WTE caused the "TRENDING" with his trolling.

take his posts out of the threads and it would have died long ago.

DenBronx
03-19-2014, 11:11 PM
He is getting abused in both threads. Sort of feel sorry for the little guy now.

Don't worry WTE....I won't let Top take it too far.

MOtorboat
03-19-2014, 11:14 PM
Not to be a dick.

But this is not smack. On both fronts, Broncos and Patriots fans.

There's a serious debate here and it's not happening.

topscribe
03-19-2014, 11:56 PM
Not to be a dick.

Uh . . . wut? :confused:

Tebowtime2011
03-20-2014, 12:16 AM

So was namdi asomaugha until he switched teams. History does have a way of repeating itself.

DenBronx
03-20-2014, 01:29 AM
Not to be a dick.

Uh . . . wut? :confused:

iW8RAi4LPhI

swaiy
03-20-2014, 02:47 AM
To be the best corner, I feel there should be no weakness in coverage whether it be zone or man. He should be able to do it all.

WTE
03-20-2014, 06:46 AM
Actually I think you should close your hole and move back into the smack section if you're going to talk shit.

have not counted but I'd guess that WTE caused the "TRENDING" with his trolling.

take his posts out of the threads and it would have died long ago.

The very first reply in this thread was directed at me. I was called out. So if you guys don't want me providing my vast football knowledge in the Broncos Talk forum then don't call me out by name.

It's not that difficult.

TXBRONC
03-20-2014, 06:57 AM
The very first reply in this thread was directed at me. I was called out. So if you guys don't want me providing my vast football knowledge in the Broncos Talk forum then don't call me out by name.

It's not that difficult.

You were not called in the very first reply to this thread.

Vast football knowledge? :lol:

WTE
03-20-2014, 07:03 AM

You were not called in the very first reply to this thread.

Vast football knowledge? :lol:

Yes. slim called me out. He was baiting me in an attempt to rile that masses and was apparently successful in his mission.

Timmy!
03-20-2014, 07:18 AM
A troll bitching about trolling. That's adorable.

Northman
03-20-2014, 07:24 AM

Dont be a puzzy. Get on board already.

Northman
03-20-2014, 07:29 AM

To be fair WTE, you guys bring some of it on yourselves. Personally i dont care as i enjoy talking to most of you Pats fans as it is and happen to like guys like Brady more than the average Bronco fan. But lets not pretend like everytime Denver signs a former Pat that you guys dont come over trying to tell us how bad they are and that the Pats wont miss them. Its a two way street in terms of ruffling feathers.

Northman
03-20-2014, 07:32 AM
And so here come the excuses . . .

Lmao, indeed. Seems to be a similar excuse to how supposedly Amendola was going to fill Welker's shoes without missing a beat. Dur.....

WTE
03-20-2014, 07:47 AM
But lets not pretend like everytime Denver signs a former Pat that you guys dont come over trying to tell us how bad they are and that the Pats wont miss them. Its a two way street in terms of ruffling feathers.

I think most Pats fans try to be objective with our former players and just point out their strengths and weaknesses when the Broncos sign them.

I think I was being very objective with my analysis of Talib. For example, I believe I listed the following strengths:

* I like the way he talks. It's funny.

Along with the following weaknesses:

* Always has lengthy injury during the season. Always gets hurt in Championship games
* Beats up cab drivers who are driving him. Beats up teammates at Rookie symposiums, beats up team mates at practice, shoots guns in residential neighborhoods
* Is one strike away from lengthy suspension
* Take poor routes when attempting to tackle ball carrier. Often gets juked out of his cleats.
* Did not do anything in 2013-2014 to warrant a doubling of salary
* Lies about hip injury

I think that's a fair, unbiased analysis. :confused:

chazoe60
03-20-2014, 07:52 AM
WTE is basically the blonde ass hole from every 80's high school rom-com. He's funny, especially when being beaten or otherwise humiliated.

TXBRONC
03-20-2014, 08:20 AM
Yes. slim called me out. He was baiting me in an attempt to rile that masses and was apparently successful in his mission.

Apparently you can't count five Slim's reply was not the first to this thread.

Secondly, it doesn't matter what he said you damn troll you still don't have the right to troll this forum. Now get the hell out of this forum until you stop acting like an assclown.

TXBRONC
03-20-2014, 08:23 AM
WTE is basically the blonde ass hole from every 80's high school rom-com. He's funny, especially when being beaten or otherwise humiliated.

True but there is a proper forum that and it's not this one.

WTE
03-20-2014, 09:12 AM
Apparently you can't count five Slim's reply was not the first to this thread.

Secondly, it doesn't matter what he said you damn troll you still don't have the right to troll this forum. Now get the hell out of this forum until you stop acting like an assclown.

The first reply was from the OP which doesn't count as a reply but more of a continuance of his original point. Slim had the first reply and it was directed towards me.

If you have a problem with my presence in this thread then take it up with slim for inviting me.

Northman
03-20-2014, 09:54 AM
* Beats up cab drivers who are driving him. Beats up teammates at Rookie symposiums, beats up team mates at practice, shoots guns in residential neighborhoods

How recent is this? Are we talking within the last couple of years?

* Take poor routes when attempting to tackle ball carrier. Often gets juked out of his cleats.

A lot of DB's have this problem now with the way the league is.

* Lies about hip injury

I thought i just read that it was BB and the Pats organization that lied about this? Oh wait, that was regarding Spikes nevermind.

Ravage!!!
03-20-2014, 09:56 AM
I can certainly see how WTE got his name. :coffee:

topscribe
03-20-2014, 10:09 AM
Aw, take it easy on WTE. He's good for some laughs, isn't he?

Some of you guys seem just a bit too easily irritated . . .

(P.S. Me too, sometimes.) :redface:

TXBRONC
03-20-2014, 10:13 AM
Aw, take it easy on WTE. He's good for some laughs, isn't he?

Some of you guys seem just a bit too easily irritated . . .

I've never thought he was all that funny.

DenBronx
03-20-2014, 10:27 AM
Its ok WTE I got your back. I trolled him all day yesterday and he took it like a champ.

topscribe
03-20-2014, 10:29 AM
Its ok WTE I got your back. I trolled him all day yesterday and he took it like a champ.
I like him because I can slap somebody around without going to jail for it . . . :D

Dapper Dan
03-20-2014, 11:38 AM

WTE always takes it like a champ.

DenBronx
03-20-2014, 11:51 AM
I like him because I can slap somebody around without going to jail for it . . . :D

Some guys can dish it but are big babies when its there time to take it. WTE is ok with me. I enjoy the banter.

WTE
03-20-2014, 01:44 PM
Now get the hell out of this forum until you stop acting like an assclown.

OK, I'll get out of here and take my trolling to the Smack forum.

But first, let me take a selfie.

luckyseven
03-20-2014, 03:12 PM
To be fair WTE, you guys bring some of it on yourselves. Personally i dont care as i enjoy talking to most of you Pats fans as it is and happen to like guys like Brady more than the average Bronco fan. But lets not pretend like everytime Denver signs a former Pat that you guys dont come over trying to tell us how bad they are and that the Pats wont miss them. Its a two way street in terms of ruffling feathers.

I thought i just read that it was BB and the Pats organization that lied about this? Oh wait, that was regarding Spikes nevermind.

Comb Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int Yds Avg Lng TDs FF
TOTAL 344 284 60 2.0 0 109 21 367 -- 100 3 5
TOTAL 242 211 31 0.0 0 70 23 348 -- 59 4 2

the first is revis in 95 games
the second Talib in 77 games.

Other than missing a few more games they look pretty even to me.

MOtorboat
03-20-2014, 05:35 PM

Yeah. We know.

:tombrady:

MOtorboat
03-20-2014, 05:36 PM

Talib is a bit of a thug. But I guess I don't have a problem with that. :D

artie_dale
03-21-2014, 09:59 AM
Talib is a bit of a thug. But I guess I don't have a problem with that. :D

Yeah, me neither. He showed it in Tampa, but didn't show it in NE. So, that tells me that he can act right if surround by enough decent guys and coaching (I do not think he/is was as deep in thuggery as Hernandez). So... I hope I'm right about having the utmost confidence in him in Denver.