PDA

View Full Version : Patriots are not just cheaters but they are also BIG FAT liars!!!

DenBronx
03-19-2014, 09:36 AM
Two former Patriots say the team put false information about them on official injury reports.

Brandon Spikes and Aqib Talib have both said since leaving New England in free agency that when they were on the Patriots last year, the team gave them injury designations that weren’t accurate. Spikes ended last season on injured reserve with a knee injury, and there were reports that Patriots coach Bill Belichick actually put Spikes on IR because Spikes had shown up late to practice. Spikes seemed to confirm that in an interview on WGR in Buffalo.

“I heard they put me on IR and stuff like that. That was just a false report,” Spikes said, via ESPN.com. “That’s just how things go there. Almost like what happened with Talib and his hip.”

READ FULL ARTICLE HERE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/19/spikes-talib-say-patriots-file-false-injury-reports/

OB
03-19-2014, 09:37 AM
Bellicheat is a douche bag

DenBronx
03-19-2014, 09:40 AM
How many SBs since spygate? 0

Not only is this team the NFLs must successfull cheaters but they lie and give false injury reports. Talib said his knee was never injured, Spikes said he had a bad quad not hip. I would like to know how many more times they have lied and think the NFL should fully discipline them. Maybe take some draft picks and another fine.

Talib was on injury reports last season with hip injuries, but after signing with the Broncos he said he never had a hip injury.

“The Patriots have their way of reporting stuff, but I haven’t had a hip problem since Tampa,” Talib said. “The injury I had was actually a quad injury. It was reported as a hip injury, but that’s how they do things.”

CoachChaz
03-19-2014, 09:41 AM
Hard to imagine they are the ONLY team that does this

DenBronx
03-19-2014, 09:45 AM
Shady is as shady does.

How do the fans even wear their hats knowing their team are cheaters and liars? It's almost like they should put an asterisk near the win columns.

PatriotsGuy
03-19-2014, 09:50 AM
Shady is as shady does.

How do the fans even wear their hats knowing their team are cheaters and liars. It's almost like they should put an asterisk near the win columns.

You're funny.

Runamok
03-19-2014, 10:00 AM
Hard to imagine they are the ONLY team that does this

I would have no problem believing this is all true, if it wasn't for the sources of the reports.

As two of NE's biggest (former) gangsta/thugs, both of whom could harbor grudges for not being wanted in NE, it could be a case of sour grapes. Especially from a guy like Spikes. Never trust the word of anyone who makes a sex tape is my motto.

Not that Belicheat wouldn't abuse the Injury report. He does seem to scoff at a lot of the leagues' rules.

Ravage!!!
03-19-2014, 10:03 AM
We can say "they aren't the only team"...yet have never heard of any other team doing it. It's illegal in the game, and falsifying reports is a big deal.

We all have different morals and leniencies. Some people are more apt to be stronger in one area, and lesser in others. Belicheck's brain is just wired to where he has a deficiency in the area that tells him right vs wrong when it comes to cheating. He just doesn't see a problem with it, because his mind justifies the reasoning. He will always be a cheater because if the opportunity arises, he will take it. Then when caught, he shrugs.

PatriotsGuy
03-19-2014, 10:15 AM
We can say "they aren't the only team"...yet have never heard of any other team doing it. It's illegal in the game, and falsifying reports is a big deal.

We all have different morals and leniencies. Some people are more apt to be stronger in one area, and lesser in others. Belicheck's brain is just wired to where he has a deficiency in the area that tells him right vs wrong when it comes to cheating. He just doesn't see a problem with it, because his mind justifies the reasoning. He will always be a cheater because if the opportunity arises, he will take it. Then when caught, he shrugs.

Yes because there was a huge competitive advantage by calling Talib's injury a hip rather than a quad (assuming he isn't lying) and by putting Spikes on IR (and he did have a knee injury) oh look he's quoted talking about it here http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2013/12/29/report-brandon-spikes-needs-knee-surgery-immediately-after-season/

much ado about nothing as usual

Ravage!!!
03-19-2014, 10:49 AM
Yes because there was a huge competitive advantage by calling Talib's injury a hip rather than a quad (assuming he isn't lying) and by putting Spikes on IR (and he did have a knee injury) oh look he's quoted talking about it here http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2013/12/29/report-brandon-spikes-needs-knee-surgery-immediately-after-season/

Let me clarify. I don't think it was a competitive edge, OTHER than the fact that it allows a team to use the IR to keep an player, AND, put another player on the active roster. That is cheating the rules, but not to that big of a deal.

The BIGGER deal (as far as the NFL goes) is falsifying injury reports. We know that Belicheck likes to just add hangnails on the report because he doesn't like the fact that he has to give them, and I certainly have zero problem with that. But the NFL is VERY adament about keeping inside betting OUT of the NFL, which is why injury reports must be given, and they MUST be accurate. We know there will be an investigation by the NFL into the matter, just as EVERY off season we have to look into something Belicheck has done. He's constantly looking for loop holes, and constantly pushing the rules and bending what he can so that he can get away with as much as possible, EVEN when that included stepping over the line just as long as he believe he won't be caught.

So we can say "its much to do about nothing"...yet its ALWAYS Belicheck doing something to add onto his list and pile of "much to do about nothings." Every year the fans defend him and turn away and shrug, because Belicheck shrugs. Therefore, its "ok" and the king has spoken (or in his case, not spoken).

OrangeHoof
03-19-2014, 11:47 AM
I can recall the time Jake Plummer got shaken up in San Diego and Mike Shanahan wanted to hide the injury by having him fake a concussion. But Plummer couldn't grasp how to "fake" a concussion. I don't mind a little subterfuge in the heat of battle but I think the Patriots sometimes take it too far.

DenBronx
03-19-2014, 11:48 AM
What a scandalous franchise.

DenBronx
03-19-2014, 11:49 AM
I wonder how many injuries they have faked on defense to get extra timeouts?

chazoe60
03-19-2014, 11:50 AM
Most teams do this kind of crap. BB is a total douche though, his little "they're hurting my players on purpose whaaaaa!" rants are becoming tiresome and embarrassing.

DenBronx
03-19-2014, 12:01 PM
I wonder if Tom cheats on Giselle with other men?

Pretty sure Bill cheats too.

WTE
03-19-2014, 12:03 PM
Well, it is a hip injury on Talib, he was seen repeatedly holding his hip last yr while wincing in pain. He told Elway it was a quad to increase his value and Elway fell for it.

Also, at the end of last yr Spikes could barely walk. He had no lateral movement whatsoever and had the worst coverage skills in the league. So off to IR he goes and insert the far better Jamiie Collins.

So now you have have the truth. It is Talib and Spikes who are the liars and anybody who believed them are the dummies.

Ravage!!!
03-19-2014, 12:15 PM
yeah.. that's it.

CoachChaz
03-19-2014, 12:17 PM
Because I'm sure Elway didnt bother looking at the medical info on Talib before signing him and just took his word on it

DenBronx
03-19-2014, 12:22 PM
Well, it is a hip injury on Talib, he was seen repeatedly holding his hip last yr while wincing in pain. He told Elway it was a quad to increase his value and Elway fell for it.

Also, at the end of last yr Spikes could barely walk. He had no lateral movement whatsoever and had the worst coverage skills in the league. So off to IR he goes and insert the far better Jamiie Collins.

So now you have have the truth. It is Talib and Spikes who are the liars and anybody who believed them are the dummies.

Isnt it amazing that Bill put Spikes on IR right after he was late for a meeting?

slim
03-19-2014, 12:29 PM
I'm glad WTE is here to give us the truth.

WTE
03-19-2014, 12:33 PM
I'm glad WTE is here to give us the truth.

Thanks slim. I'm glad you're not a dummy like DenBronx.

slim
03-19-2014, 12:51 PM
Thanks slim. I'm glad you're not a dummy like DenBronx.

Your truth makes me laugh. I like to laugh.

Northman
03-19-2014, 01:17 PM
Not to nitpick but didnt Shanahan do something similar to this a few years ago?

WTE
03-19-2014, 01:38 PM

Herm Edwards was on ESPN this morning and he said every coach does it to protect their players. If it's a knee injury don't say it's a knee injury so the opposition can target. Instead say it's a thigh or something.

Now let's hypothetically say it's a quad on Talib and not the hip. Talib is just too dumb too realize BB was trying to protect him

Looks like you guys signed a dummy.

DenBronx
03-19-2014, 01:45 PM
Bills probably on another fishing excursion as we speak. Bet he doesnt even have a fishing license.

wcben
03-19-2014, 09:53 PM
Typical ******* Cheatriots cough cough. Boston is a Baseball and Basketball town and New England loves the Bruins. Foxboro is just a little shit town in the woods (with dilapidated rail tracks -the trains passing through must go 5mph, sad but true) After TB retires "patriots fans" will too.

As insufferable as raiders fans are at least they're loyal. Before 1993-4 New England hated the pats. THEN they ran the guy who put them on the NFL map out of town after their first "championship"

WTE can confirm that without Drew the pats would never have beat the Steelers in the AFC championship.

topscribe
03-19-2014, 09:59 PM

PAGs, is it possible that Belichick may be totally innocent because you are a Patriots fan? :coffee:

Possibly. So is Belichick in the clear, then?

Herm Edwards was on ESPN this morning and he said every coach does it to protect their players. If it's a knee injury don't say it's a knee injury so the opposition can target. Instead say it's a thigh or something.

Now let's hypothetically say it's a quad on Talib and not the hip. Talib is just too dumb too realize BB was trying to protect him

Looks like you guys signed a dummy.
Or just maybe Talib is smart enough to tell the truth out the gate . . .

DenBronx
03-19-2014, 10:41 PM
Look at Top go!

Shuttin down the worlds biggest troll! WTE you just got beat up by a senior citizen dude. Lol

topscribe
03-19-2014, 10:43 PM
Look at Top go!

Shuttin down the worlds biggest troll! WTE you just got beat up by a senior citizen dude. Lol
Oh, when it comes to WTE, that's been a habit of mine for a long time . . . :coffee:

Runamok
03-20-2014, 02:22 PM

Well, I gotta give this troll some props for having common sense. Of course it is in these players' best interest to lie about the nature of certain injuries, not Belecheck or the Patriots. Talib was prolly asked about his injury when Elway talked to him. So most likely, he lied about it, saying it wasn't a hip injury.

Why? 'cause if it was a hip injury again, that would make it a chronic type of injury and drive his value down. Who would sign a guy with a chronic hip injury to a long term, big-bucks contract?

Same with the other guy. Who signs a guy with a debilitating knee injury that had hobbled him the previous season?

On the other hand, there was no percentage in fudging the nature of the injury for the Pats (that I can see).

Runamok
03-20-2014, 02:28 PM
Bills probably on another fishing excursion as we speak. Bet he doesnt even have a fishing license.

It's easy enough to check up on his dog's license, too. I bet the miserable scofflaw doesn't keep up on his pooch's rabies shots.

WTE
03-20-2014, 02:30 PM
Look at Top go!

I gotta admit Tops has been on fire the past few weeks. It's been a lot of fun. The old man still has it.

Runamok
03-20-2014, 02:37 PM
Oh, when it comes to WTE, that's been a habit of mine for a long time . . . :coffee:

Tops, I was checking out your profile yesterday because I hadn't seen you post in a few days, and I saw your "In fond Remembrance" and some other comment which made me think you had might a kicked the bucket or something and your family was continuing your membership and announcing your passing!

Glad you're ok.

NightTerror218
03-20-2014, 03:29 PM

Well, I gotta give this troll some props for having common sense. Of course it is in these players' best interest to lie about the nature of certain injuries, not Belecheck or the Patriots. Talib was prolly asked about his injury when Elway talked to him. So most likely, he lied about it, saying it wasn't a hip injury.

Why? 'cause if it was a hip injury again, that would make it a chronic type of injury and drive his value down. Who would sign a guy with a chronic hip injury to a long term, big-bucks contract?

Same with the other guy. Who signs a guy with a debilitating knee injury that had hobbled him the previous season?

On the other hand, there was no percentage in fudging the nature of the injury for the Pats (that I can see).

Guaranteed elway watched tape on talib and if he was lying they would have seen him holding it and wincing during the gamesn like WTE tried to claim he did.

WTE just hates the broncos stealing his players and goes trolling.

WTE
03-20-2014, 03:39 PM
WTE just hates the broncos stealing his players and goes trolling.

I actually had a list of 5 CB's I liked more than Talib in FA. I was getting sick of all of his injuries and getting knocked out of Championship games.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-20-2014, 08:42 PM
The New England Patriots are being outed by multiple former players this offseason who are taking issue with how they say the team reports injuries.

New Buffalo Bills linebacker Brandon Spikes disputes a knee injury that placed him on the Patriots’ injured reserve in January. Spikes first showed up on the Patriots’ injury report Nov. 20 with a knee injury. He played through the bum knee before being placed on injured reserve Jan. 6.

“I know I heard they put me on IR and stuff like that. That was just a false report,” Spikes said Monday on WGR in Buffalo. “That’s just how things go there. Almost like what happened with (Aqib) Talib and his hip.

rest - http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/another-spygate-former-patriots-say-belichick-is-cheating-injury-reports-032014

DenBronx
03-20-2014, 09:12 PM
I actually had a list of 5 CB's I liked more than Talib in FA. I was getting sick of all of his injuries and getting knocked out of Championship games.

So you admit we knocked you guys out last year? Like out cold.

rest - http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/another-spygate-former-patriots-say-belichick-is-cheating-injury-reports-032014

Yep more proof of all the shady things going down in clam chowder town.

WTE
03-20-2014, 09:17 PM

Rest - http://CarolIsATrollLovestoStirtheMassesWithHerAntiPatrio tPropaganda-032014

ShaneFalco
03-20-2014, 10:34 PM
been cheating since 01. Not suprised

PatriotsGuy
03-21-2014, 10:25 AM
p-shoulder

OrangeHoof
03-21-2014, 12:12 PM

I don't doubt that full medical histories are provided for teams and a physical is a standard part before signing any big free agent deal. The Raiders already cancelled a contract with a free agent OT who failed their physical.

Runamok
03-21-2014, 12:49 PM
I don't doubt that full medical histories are provided for teams and a physical is a standard part before signing any big free agent deal. The Raiders already cancelled a contract with a free agent OT who failed their physical.

Right.

Making it less likely that Belecheck or any other team would lie about the nature of an injury.

MNPatsFan
04-25-2014, 10:43 AM
NFL's investigation and findings disprove this accusation and thread and put this thread to rest.;)

In the wake of former New England Patriots players Aqib Talib and Brandon Spikes questioning the team's injury reporting procedures, the NFL has investigated and cleared the team.

"It was determined that the Patriots complied with the injury report procedures regarding both players," NFL Senior Vice President of Communications Greg Aiello wrote in an email.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/10835844/new-england-patriots-cleared-violating-injury-procedures-former-players?ex_cid=espnapi_public

chazoe60
04-25-2014, 10:45 AM
Still a scumbag organization. As long as they have that cheating hoodie wearing whiner acting as Dick-tater, they'll always be a dirty organization.

PatriotsGuy
04-25-2014, 11:04 AM
Still a scumbag organization. As long as they have that cheating hoodie wearing whiner acting as Dick-tater, they'll always be a dirty organization.

Waaaaaa! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

underrated29
04-25-2014, 11:39 AM

Getting knocked out of championship games........Hmmm. I am surprised you are still a pats fan then eh?

WTE
04-25-2014, 02:28 PM
Getting knocked out of championship games........Hmmm. I am surprised you are still a pats fan then eh?

Born and bredded baby.