PDA

View Full Version : Robert Ayers

Denver Native (Carol)
03-18-2014, 03:45 PM
» Former Denver Broncos pass rusher Robert Ayers is visiting the Bengals on Tuesday, according to multiple reports. Cincy is searching for depth at defensive end after Michael Johnson signed a big-money deal with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000334924/article/visits-tracker-kenny-britt-meeting-with-redskins

Dapper Dan
03-18-2014, 04:02 PM
Cool. Maybe I'll see him at the Bengals/Broncos game.

DenBronx
03-18-2014, 04:35 PM
Ayers was never great and never bad. He was always just an average end. Mayock said in his draft analysis of him that he might be the best defensive player in that draft in 2-3 years. That never ended up happening.

I would like to see us always go for explosive DEs on both sides that know how to rush the passer. These situational or rotational guys are great for depth but should never be taken with our 1st or 2nd day draft picks.

Jsteve01
03-18-2014, 04:39 PM
He fill a very big need on this team if the money is right. Oddly enough per PFF although Phillips generated more sacks, Ayers was far more consistent in generating pressure.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/03/10/2014-team-needs-denver-broncos/

Not sure how create a distinction between hurries and pressures but. Ayers graded out pretty well this year.

G_Money
03-18-2014, 04:42 PM
Ayers can come back for strictly rotational money. I don't think he will. Good luck to you, Robert, now go be mediocre for somebody else - or worse, go lay down and sleep while on someone else's team once you get a few million more in guaranteed money.

~G

Lancane
03-18-2014, 05:18 PM
Ayers has been less then stellar his entire career and it's no surprise his best season literally came in a contract year...which was still not good enough, he was handed the starting spot this season and lost it almost from the get go. I say good riddance.

dogfish
03-18-2014, 05:53 PM
bye, bob. . .

BroncoWave
03-18-2014, 05:58 PM
Cool. Maybe I'll see him at the Bengals/Broncos game.

Are you for sure going to that game? I plan on going as well. It would be awesome to meet up with some people from the forum. King is wimping out on the game because of school or some gay shit like that.

Dapper Dan
03-18-2014, 07:22 PM
Are you for sure going to that game? I plan on going as well. It would be awesome to meet up with some people from the forum. King is wimping out on the game because of school or some gay shit like that.

Oh I plan on it. It mostly depends on what day it is and how much tickets are. I really don't like wasting my time with bad seats. I've been able to go to one game per season since 2010. If I don't go to the Bengals game, I won't be at a Broncos game this year.

DenBronx
03-18-2014, 10:37 PM
I dont know whats going on with Phillips but bring him back before Ayers please.

luckyseven
03-18-2014, 11:03 PM
He fill a very big need on this team if the money is right. Oddly enough per PFF although Phillips generated more sacks, Ayers was far more consistent in generating pressure.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/03/10/2014-team-needs-denver-broncos/

Not sure how create a distinction between hurries and pressures but. Ayers graded out pretty well this year.

until he blew at least two contains in the super bowl harvin twice ( for big gains) and Wilson a couple of times also.

He got caught being blocked inside and they simply ran around him.

TXBRONC
03-19-2014, 06:45 AM

I remember hearing that last year but I don't buy it. Until the Dallas game he was doing pretty good but after that he disappeared for the most part.

CoachChaz
03-19-2014, 09:33 AM
I remember hearing that last year but I don't buy it. Until the Dallas game he was doing pretty good but after that he disappeared for the most part.

Miller also came back after the Dallas game and Ayers field time was cut significantly. Like any player, it seems like he is better when getting more reps.

TXBRONC
03-19-2014, 09:36 AM
Miller also came back after the Dallas game and Ayers field time was cut significantly. Like any player, it seems like he is better when getting more reps.

Ayers was still a starter when Miller came back.

CoachChaz
03-19-2014, 10:20 AM
Ayers was still a starter when Miller came back.

But play time was reduced as he was more rotational with Phillips. Before then, Phillips was playing in Miller's role and the rotation was less significant