PDA

View Full Version : Time for Broncos to bring back Mike Shanahan, as an aide

Magnificent Seven
03-16-2014, 11:53 PM
After the disgusting, dissatisfying loss in the Super Bowl, John Elway has quickly and decisively proved with the signings of The Big Three the past week that the Broncos are all in again for the 2014 season.

The best remaining, available free agent who would cost a pittance and serve an invaluable role for the Broncos is ... Mike Shanahan.

Calm down and read on.

Why not bring back the Mastermind for his fourth cycle in Denver? The previous three times Shanahan was teamed with Elway and the Broncos, they played in five Super Bowls — and won two championships....

Read full article at: http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_25352777/paige-time-broncos-bring-back-mike-shanahan-an

luckyseven
03-17-2014, 01:03 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_25352777/paige-time-broncos-bring-back-mike-shanahan-an

After Elways retirement Shanahan let him know he was really not welcome back at Dove Valley. It was not until Mc D came to town that he was invited back to talk to players.

I doubt that John would be interested, I also doubt he could teach Manning anything that others have not.

dogfish
03-17-2014, 01:06 AM
negative. . .

Lancane
03-17-2014, 02:23 AM
I'd rather they brought back Dan Reeves! :coffee:

Timmy!
03-17-2014, 02:28 AM
Ya......no.

Shazam!
03-17-2014, 06:42 AM
I hate the offseason.

Shanahan left Elway purposely away from the broncos during the years after the championships. I am sure their relationship is strained.

Elway will never welcome him into the organization.

TXBRONC
03-17-2014, 06:52 AM
After Elways retirement Shanahan let him know he was really not welcome back at Dove Valley. It was not until Mc D came to town that he was invited back to talk to players.

I doubt that John would be interested, I also doubt he could teach Manning anything that others have not.

No McDaniels was never receptive to having Elway or any other former Bronco coming to Dove Valley.

That aside bringing Shanahan back isn't realistic.

vettesplus
03-17-2014, 09:00 AM
shanahan would never do it, he will never be second fiddle to anyone, his ego will get in the way

OrangeHoof
03-17-2014, 10:18 AM
It would look like undermining Fox which is why I wouldn't do it unless Fox wanted it.

MOtorboat
03-17-2014, 10:21 AM
No McDaniels was never receptive to having Elway or any other former Bronco coming to Dove Valley.

Not EVERYTHING bad from this organization in the last 10 years was McDaniels.

Shanahan never wanted Elway in the front office and their relationship was strained because of it. So Elway went and ran the Crush.

chazoe60
03-17-2014, 10:27 AM
Has there ever been a worse idea?

Buff
03-17-2014, 10:56 AM
Paige and Kiszla are dinosaurs with obsolete viewpoints.

DenBronx
03-17-2014, 11:19 AM
When I first read this article the other day I sort of laughed because it would never happen. We are running things perfectly fine and dont need any distractions. I loved Mike Shanahan but I also really like what we currently have going on. Hard to justify such a move when we just went to the SB.

DenBronx
03-17-2014, 11:19 AM
Paige and Kiszla are dinosaurs with obsolete viewpoints.

Sometimes I think they just write stories because they have nothing else to write about or are bored.

Buff
03-17-2014, 11:22 AM
Sometimes I think they just write stories because they have nothing else to write about or are bored.

That is actually mostly true. They come from an era of print sports columnists that just threw ideas against the wall to provoke readers because the newspapers were the only game in town. They just don't fit in the modern era where quality content rules the day.

broncofaninfla
03-17-2014, 11:28 AM
I will always respect and like Shanahan but I don't see any reason to bring him or another in for this type of role. Elway and company are doing just fine. I do wish Shanahan the best though.

Mike
03-17-2014, 12:47 PM
Gack, no thanks.

luckyseven
03-17-2014, 04:15 PM

pretty sure that Mc D asked him to come back and talk to the players and work with Tebow on the side.

was not a long term thing but it was more than what Shanahan would allow.

Ravage!!!
03-17-2014, 04:29 PM
I'm pretty sure the relationship between Elway and Shanahan is fine.

That being said, why would Shanahan come back as an aid? :confused: Seems to be a pretty absurd idea.

Dapper Dan
03-17-2014, 05:12 PM
I think Denver has enough aids. :drum:

Bosco
03-17-2014, 07:45 PM
No McDaniels was never receptive to having Elway or any other former Bronco coming to Dove Valley. Luckyseven is correct. Towards the end of his tenure here, McDaniels and Elway were involved at some level, with Elway taking a sort of mentor role with Tebow IIRC. It was not anything real significant at the time, but it was indeed the first time Elway had really been involved with the team since retiring.

If you go back and look, there are probably threads about it on this forum.

luckyseven
03-17-2014, 08:29 PM
Luckyseven is correct. Towards the end of his tenure here, McDaniels and Elway were involved at some level, with Elway taking a sort of mentor role with Tebow IIRC. It was not anything real significant at the time, but it was indeed the first time Elway had really been involved with the team since retiring.

If you go back and look, there are probably threads about it on this forum.

Thanks. At the time I heard about it, it had shocked me at the bitterness that John had basically being snubbed by his former team and that his former mentor had done it.

I had never heard of any of it before, had just assumed John moved on gracefully to othe business ventures.

There was a hint about it when Pat and John went into the crush together. But nothing big just a hint.

weazel
03-17-2014, 08:40 PM
I think the Bills should bring back O.J.

tomjonesrocks
03-17-2014, 09:33 PM
Shanny was a bad, bad man for quite a few years and when he retires he'll get a heroes treatment in Denver I predict.

Someday it seems inevitable he and Elway will bury the hatchet, having won 2 SBs together. But at the moment Shanny looks like a bitter has been--the game has passed him by.

He should ride off into the sunset and let his legacy mend and his ego deflate. Time catches up with all of us, Mastermind...

Hawgdriver
03-17-2014, 10:58 PM

luckyseven
03-18-2014, 12:49 AM
I think the Bills should bring back O.J.

That would make more sense.

Thanks for the belly laugh.