PDA

View Full Version : Whom will the Broncos bring back among the still unsigned players?

topscribe
03-16-2014, 12:55 PM
Well, I see my small school potential stars thread bombed. lol

So let's try this one. Among the still unsigned players are:

S Mike Adams
DE Robert Ayers
LB Stewart Bradley
CB Tony Carter (restricted)
S Marquice Colts
CB Chris Harris (restricted)
KR Trindon Holliday (restricted; no tender)
S Michael Huff
S Duke Ihenacho (exclusive rights)
S Quentin Jammer
OT Winston Justice
C Dan Koppen (to retire, I think)
LB Paris Lenon
LB Brandon Marshall (exclusive rights)
RB Knowshon Moreno
LB Shaun Phillips
CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
DT Mitch Unrein (restricted)
C Steve Vallos

Of course, Chris Harris is a no-brainer. I believe they'll bring back Ihenacho
for depth and STs. I think Unriein will be back.

The Broncos may surprise everybody and bring Moreno back. In view of
what Ben Tate got ($7M/2 years) and the apparent lack of interest in
Moreno out there, he possibly may be had for $2M-$2.5M, and a thumper-
type runner such as Ball should not have to shoulder the entire load.

Vallos would be good for depth at C, and Adams is quality depth.

Here is my (unlikely?) prediction among them: Bradley will be re-signed
and start at MLB. He had earned the spot last year before injuries sent
him to what shaped up as the Broncos' M*A*S*H unit last year.

What are your thoughts? Anybody out there?

smith49
03-16-2014, 01:01 PM
You don't have champ bailey on that list....?????

topscribe
03-16-2014, 01:03 PM
You don't have champ bailey on that list....?????
I don't know. It's hard for me to imagine their talking Champ on coming back
with a cheaper contract after they way they apparently dumped him. Anyway,
he's officially gone, cut from the team . . .

smith49
03-16-2014, 01:06 PM
I don't know. It's hard for me to imagine their talking Champ on coming back
with a cheaper contract after they way they apparently dumped him. Anyway,
he's officially gone, cut from the team . . .

I agree. He's probly gonzo for good. Just a thought since he hasn't signed anywhere as of yet.

aberdien
03-16-2014, 01:54 PM
Bradley has always had enormous potential, but he has never been healthy, and I don't see that changing.

nevcraw
03-16-2014, 04:28 PM
Ayers.. i could see him back

CoachChaz
03-16-2014, 05:35 PM
Heard from a friend...Moreno to SF. Not sure if it's true

topscribe
03-16-2014, 05:38 PM
Heard from a friend...Moreno to SF. Not sure if it's true
If so, I just fear that's more of a loss than they know . . . :tsk:

Northman
03-16-2014, 06:02 PM
No report on Moreno yet.

NightTerror218
03-16-2014, 06:38 PM
Bradley and Adams. Bradley because he has 2 years in system and Adams for same, they are vets for depth.

Rick
03-16-2014, 07:00 PM
I'd like Harris, Duke, Ayers, Carter, Huff, Phillips and Unrein.

I don't think we bring Phillips back but id love it if we did.

I dont think they bring Bradley back, I think its Irving... a rookie... or pretty cheap vet.

Lancane
03-16-2014, 07:36 PM
Pretty much I see Ihenacho, Carter, Marshall, Unrein and Harris coming back, the team already allocated the money offered to them in tenures. Denver doesn't have the money to bring most of them back at this point otherwise, Vallos only gets re-signed if the Broncos don't upgrade the center position and Ramirez gets the nod...which is not likely at this point.

DenBronx
03-16-2014, 08:52 PM
We put the 2nd round tender on Harris already so he is deffinitely coming back unless someone gives us a 2nd round draft pick and negotiates a new deal for Harris.

Now, out of the other guys on that list that I could see coming back are Nacho, Ayers and Moreno if he doesnt get a deal done somewhere else. Maybe Phillips too.....looks like the market for him isnt good at all and he would have to take another one year bargain deal to stay.

CoachChaz
03-16-2014, 10:09 PM
No report on Moreno yet.

Like I said...i can't verify. Just repeating why I heard from a friend related to a SF insider

TXBRONC
03-16-2014, 10:34 PM
Ayers.. i could see him back

I think there is better chance that Moreno will be back.

Simple Jaded
03-16-2014, 11:07 PM
Top, I'm pretty sure you mean "who", as in "Who will the Broncos bring back. . ."

topscribe
03-17-2014, 01:43 AM
Top, I'm pretty sure you mean "who", as in "Who will the Broncos bring back. . ."
No, "whom" is correct. It is the object of the verb "bring," as in "the Broncos will
bring back whom."

The form is "who" when it is the subject, as in "Who will bring him back?"

But actually, "who" is much more interchangeable than it used to be. If one is to
use "who" in the sentence in question, one probably will incur very few objections.
So I suppose you are right and you are wrong. :D

Hope this helps. ;)

bcbronc
03-18-2014, 02:46 AM
Duke and Harris seem obvious...I'd like Ayers back, feel he brings good rotational depth to a DL that's finally starting to get stout...Moreno is the money is right, but not convinced he can stay healthy for 2 seasons. Still, he fits the system like a glove, so as long as he isn't looking for a monster pay day, it makes to bring him back.

DenBronx
03-18-2014, 09:42 AM
No, "whom" is correct. It is the object of the verb "bring," as in "the Broncos will
bring back whom."

The form is "who" when it is the subject, as in "Who will bring him back?"

But actually, "who" is much more interchangeable than it used to be. If one is to
use "who" in the sentence in question, one probably will incur very few objections.
So I suppose you are right and you are wrong. :D

Hope this helps. ;)

Who is calling whom out about what when we're all just wanting to know when and where the players we are signing?

TXBRONC
03-18-2014, 10:02 AM
Duke and Harris seem obvious...I'd like Ayers back, feel he brings good rotational depth to a DL that's finally starting to get stout...Moreno is the money is right, but not convinced he can stay healthy for 2 seasons. Still, he fits the system like a glove, so as long as he isn't looking for a monster pay day, it makes to bring him back.

Ayers didn't do that great of a job after getting hurt in the Dallas game. Malik Jackson is much better rotational player.

NightTerror218
03-18-2014, 10:07 AM
I hope moreno. He was one of my favorite players last season. He showed his football passion and was productive.

His army crawl was epic.

TXBRONC
03-18-2014, 05:48 PM
I hope moreno. He was one of my favorite players last season. He showed his football passion and was productive.

His army crawl was epic.

He reminds me a lot of Sammy Winder

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-18-2014, 07:09 PM
He reminds me a lot of Sammy Winder

I agree, very similar running styles. Moreno is probably a little more physical, but very similar.

DenBronx
03-18-2014, 10:39 PM
For the record guys and it's been already noted, Chris Harris Jr is already coming back. We tendered him.

luckyseven
03-18-2014, 10:56 PM

they are not UFA and have tenders given to them

Duke is an exclusive rights tender of $570K
and Harris is a Restricted FA with a 2nd round tender about $2.1 mil

luckyseven
03-18-2014, 11:00 PM
For the record guys and it's been already noted, Chris Harris Jr is already coming back. We tendered him.

probably IF another team wants to give us #2 pick for him and pick up his 2.1 million contract he is theirs.

The odds are slim as he is coming off an ACL tear.

Not sure when the tenders become for sure contracts, perhaps someone else knows.

TXBRONC
03-19-2014, 06:58 AM
I agree, very similar running styles. Moreno is probably a little more physical, but very similar.

I think Winder was the more physical runner but Moreno is more athletic and a better receiver.

sneakers
03-21-2014, 06:12 AM
Unrein rings always is pretty steddy

luckyseven
03-21-2014, 10:19 AM
Unrein rings always is pretty steddy

I agree, not a GREAT player, a grinder. A type of player every team needs for the deity work.