PDA

View Full Version : Ware Hopes to Mentor Miller

Denver Native (Carol)
03-15-2014, 10:34 AM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – With the signing of seven-time Pro Bowl defensive end DeMarcus Ware, the Broncos hope to be adding a player that contributes both on and off the field.

On the field, Ware’s accomplishments are easy to see.

He has 117 sacks in his nine-year career and his 0.83 sacks-per-game rate is second only to Hall-of-Fame defensive end Reggie White’s 0.85.

Off the field, Ware is hoping he can help the Broncos’ young all-pro pass rusher, Von Miller.

"When Von first came in, before he got drafted, I talked to him a little bit,” Ware said. “I've been mentoring him. Being able now to have the opportunity to play with him is a whole different thing. I'll be in the same locker room with him, being able to teach him some things. I'm looking forward to that opportunity. I just think that it's going to be great."

rest, plus video - Ware behind the scenes
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Ware-Hopes-to-Mentor-Miller/8d4ec565-fb74-4c38-9f6a-51754be1734d

DenBronx
03-15-2014, 02:20 PM
Good. We all know Miller needs it too. Ware was the heart and soul of that Dallas defense for many years and I hope our young guys really embrace his leadership abilities. All Miller needs to do is stay out of trouble. If he can do that and just put his nose to the grind he is going to have an incredible year next year. Him and Ware together are going to be something special to watch.

TXBRONC
03-15-2014, 05:21 PM
Good. We all know Miller needs it too. Ware was the heart and soul of that Dallas defense for many years and I hope our young guys really embrace his leadership abilities. All Miller needs to do is stay out of trouble. If he can do that and just put his nose to the grind he is going to have an incredible year next year. Him and Ware together are going to be something special to watch.

Ware is like Champ he's not much vocal leader.

tomjonesrocks
03-15-2014, 06:55 PM
Miller is such a wild card. He needs to drop the extra muscle, and rehab the knee. Will he ever be the same? Unsure anyone can say.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-15-2014, 07:09 PM
DENVER (AP) — Von Miller used to text, call and visit his mentor for pointers on pass rushing.

Now, his teacher is his newest teammate.

Yeah, it’s safe to say the Denver Broncos hybrid linebacker is a big fan of bringing DeMarcus Ware on board.

After all, Miller’s own pass rush moves are inspired by watching Ware terrorize quarterbacks for the Dallas Cowboys, where he had a franchise-record 117 sacks before being released. He can’t wait to listen to Ware’s suggestions on the field rather than over the phone.

rest - http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/03/15/von-miller-eager-to-rush-the-qb-with-his-mentor/