PDA

View Full Version : Who Wants CHAMP Back?

WARHORSE
03-13-2014, 09:34 PM
Im not sure whether Champ has had any substantial offers or nothing, but if he doesnt get something hes looking for, who would want him back?

I think John may have been open to him making a position change, but not at anywhere Champ would want to be compensated.

But if he would rather take a little less and stay here merely for the comfortability and the chance to compete for rockin the FS position or slot, not to mention another chance at a ring playing for a team he bled for, I

for one would LOVE to have the guy back.

Perhaps John and John knew the best way to get Champ to see the light is by letting him test the market..................I hope so.

MOtorboat
03-13-2014, 09:35 PM
:slowlyraiseshandandlooksaround:

Pudge
03-13-2014, 09:37 PM
I'm not seeing it happen, but I would love to see it.

I'll be on the big island in two weeks war!

Slick
03-13-2014, 09:37 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing him give free safety a shot just for my own personal curiosity. I always thought he would be good at it.

CrazyHorse
03-13-2014, 09:45 PM
As much as I want Champ back it would seem like a slap in the face after being cut without trying to restructure, then trying to bring him back for cheap. I would feel a lot better about him at nickel back however than Webster or Carter. I still hope we draft both a free safety and corner.

DenBronx
03-13-2014, 11:37 PM
Id want him back at the right deal. He should play nickle and let Harris and Talib play bump and run on the edges.

He deserves one more shot here. Especially since we went crazy on defense.

WARHORSE
03-14-2014, 12:01 AM
As much as I want Champ back it would seem like a slap in the face after being cut without trying to restructure, then trying to bring him back for cheap. I would feel a lot better about him at nickel back however than Webster or Carter. I still hope we draft both a free safety and corner.

Im not so sure it was a slap in the face. There may have been discussions prior to the meeting where they just released him.

I would love to see him finish out here, for crying out loud the man has made millions already, its not like he needs a huge payday.

Also, I think it may have sent a message to the rest of the league when Elway cut him outright. A message perhaps John wanted to be misinterpreted.

Afterall, if the Broncos dont want him at all after all hes done, maybe they know something the rest of us dont.........maybe?

Champ is old in football years.........ancient in cornerback years.

But I believe the man can still help us win!

Hawgdriver
03-14-2014, 12:20 AM
In a rainbows and unicorns world, Champ comes back for a league minimum deal with some shady Bowlen oil futures written in Aramaic as true comp, gets 15 picks, high-fives Jesus, and has a beer with me (and Jesus) after the superbowl win. 15 picks in the superbowl, ofc.

Champ wasn't supposed to go out like that. I'm pissed about it. But it was a clean break, and I don't want some half-Champ coming back. Sorry. If he truly adds depth and is affordable, then hell yes. Just not sure that is reality.

Magnificent Seven
03-14-2014, 02:12 AM
It would be super cool if Bailey plays part time on defense and offense. He could play wide receiver for few plays. Just like Deion Sanders did with the 49ers.

DenBronx
03-14-2014, 02:28 AM
It would just seem weird seeing him in another uni.

SF would be the only logical place I see him going. Maybe Philly.

Would love to see him play at least 1 more year here because I really wanted him to go out a champion. Maybe he takes some time off and makes a push after the draft.

luckyseven
03-14-2014, 02:46 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing him give free safety a shot just for my own personal curiosity. I always thought he would be good at it.

I have thought that for years.

He'd be a great center fielder, being able to play deep keep his eyes on the QB and would have enough speed to get wherever the ball goes.

His pass defense is top five and his picks are pretty good also. Not to mention his is a fearless tackler.

luckyseven
03-14-2014, 02:48 AM
Im not so sure it was a slap in the face. There may have been discussions prior to the meeting where they just released him.

I would love to see him finish out here, for crying out loud the man has made millions already, its not like he needs a huge payday.

Also, I think it may have sent a message to the rest of the league when Elway cut him outright. A message perhaps John wanted to be misinterpreted.

Afterall, if the Broncos dont want him at all after all hes done, maybe they know something the rest of us dont.........maybe?

Champ is old in football years.........ancient in cornerback years.

But I believe the man can still help us win!

Actually his team mate Darrell Green played til he was 42.

DenBronx
03-14-2014, 03:27 AM

I bet alot of guys could play into their 40s.

Peyton Manning has shown zero signs of slowing down. In fact he has got better, especially since the surgery. He said it actually made him better. I've said it countless times, I believe Manning will play out his full contract and play at a high level until he retires.

John Elway retired at 38 I believe but I think he could have 3 peated if he actually would have came back. He said he felt like he was done but his last year that he won the SuperBowl he still looked as good as ever.

Kickers usually play very long careers while the average is 5 years for a RB. Guess it just depends on what position you play and how well you take care of your body. Injuries can shorten anyones career though. Champs lisfranc injury at his age I think is why we didnt offer him a restructured deal. Champs got all the money one could dream of, hope he decides to take at least a 1 year bargain like DRC and Phillips did.

Northman
03-14-2014, 05:10 AM
I honestly dont care either way. Im happy where we are so if he doesnt come back im quite alright with that.

Northman
03-14-2014, 05:13 AM

Green was a freak though, crazy good.

BroncoWave
03-14-2014, 07:17 AM
That ship has sailed, buddy. He ain't coming back.

artie_dale
03-14-2014, 07:26 AM
I wouldn't mind him coming back but only if on the CHEAP. As much as I like ole' Champ, the team would be doing him a favor so I hope he'd be willing to do the team a favor (huge discount). I too am sure he's well off in the financial department and probably isn't in need of 10+ yr Hall of Fame CB pay. But, if he's one of those guys who looks at his paycheck as a sign of respect (Revis), then Elway won't take him back.

I have a feeling another team won't pick him up... unless they are the Raiders who have so much cap space that they can easily afforded a big one year deal. But, I don't see it happening.

MasterShake
03-14-2014, 07:39 AM
I bet alot of guys could play into their 40s.

Peyton Manning has shown zero signs of slowing down. In fact he has got better, especially since the surgery. He said it actually made him better. I've said it countless times, I believe Manning will play out his full contract and play at a high level until he retires.

John Elway retired at 38 I believe but I think he could have 3 peated if he actually would have came back. He said he felt like he was done but his last year that he won the SuperBowl he still looked as good as ever.

Kickers usually play very long careers while the average is 5 years for a RB. Guess it just depends on what position you play and how well you take care of your body. Injuries can shorten anyones career though. Champs lisfranc injury at his age I think is why we didnt offer him a restructured deal. Champs got all the money one could dream of, hope he decides to take at least a 1 year bargain like DRC and Phillips did.

I agree on most of you points, but Elway was a wreck at the end of his career. One of the older local reporters has a story he told on the radio (Woody Paige I think) about how he ran into Elway the summer after the second Super Bowl at a Golf event and Elway was limping away from the green. When he asked if Elway was coming back, he said something to the effect of, "Does it look like I'm coming back?".

As far as Champ goes, I believe I read he has made close to 96 million in his career here? If he wanted to come back just to be on a team with a shot at a title I'd love him to come back. But only at the right price and position.

TXBRONC
03-14-2014, 08:01 AM
I would love to see Denver re-sign Bailey.

broncofaninfla
03-14-2014, 08:19 AM
For sentimental reasons I would want him back but he has clearly lost a step. He could be a better option than R Moore at safety but I don't see him accepting a postion change.

TXBRONC
03-14-2014, 09:09 AM
For sentimental reasons I would want him back but he has clearly lost a step. He could be a better option than R Moore at safety but I don't see him accepting a postion change.

I think having as a nickle or a dime back would work.

Ravage!!!
03-14-2014, 09:58 AM
I don't have the 'sentimental' attachment to Champ. Maybe because we traded for him instead of drafting? Idk, but that being said, I wouldn't mind Champ coming back for a cap friendly price that fits well with him playing nickle. The man has just lost a major step. It showed in 2012, and the injury that bothered throughout 2013 didn't help that. Now it's been a year since his foot injury and the guy still has amazing instincts.

But he's not coming back. He won't come back.

weazel
03-14-2014, 10:03 AM
I heard theyhave just over 10 mil left in cap, I just want them to make the most use of that space... don't care who it is as long as its the best option they had, its a 2 year window to win it all, theres no room to be sentimental

OB
03-14-2014, 10:31 AM
Has there been any interest in him from any other teams?

WARHORSE
03-14-2014, 01:26 PM
That ship has sailed, buddy. He ain't coming back.

Probably.....but non interest may help Champ come to some realistic self evaluation......and i can see him coming back under those terms.

Ravage!!!
03-14-2014, 01:39 PM
well. The FA had to go through the 1st tier of DBs first. DRC is the next, and then we'll start seeing the next tier of DBs start coming off the shelves.

Bosco
03-14-2014, 07:48 PM
I'd love to bring Champ back at a team friendly deal and make him the starting FS.

OB
03-14-2014, 08:18 PM
I don't have the 'sentimental' attachment to Champ. Maybe because we traded for him instead of drafting? Idk, but that being said, I wouldn't mind Champ coming back for a cap friendly price that fits well with him playing nickle. The man has just lost a major step. It showed in 2012, and the injury that bothered throughout 2013 didn't help that. Now it's been a year since his foot injury and the guy still has amazing instincts.

But he's not coming back. He won't come back.

You have no heart :twitch:

luckyseven
03-14-2014, 11:06 PM
Green was a freak though, crazy good.

that he was for several years the fastest man in the NFL.

think about champ being the second fastest guy in the backfield. scary.

vettesplus
03-15-2014, 06:34 PM
just for conversation, if champs playing days are over, would he make a good coach for the broncos??