PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Lafell

NightTerror218
03-12-2014, 12:01 PM
Is on Denver's radar per Ian rapport

He is visiting NE but Denver also showing huge interest.

Traveler
03-12-2014, 12:04 PM
Denver reported interest in Lafell is probably driving up the price for NE if they want him. JE really sticking it to NE.

Dzone
03-12-2014, 12:06 PM
Sweet! I hope he comes here!
Eric who? lol

WTE
03-12-2014, 12:08 PM
Word is BB gave LaFell a pen to sign the contract but Brandon dropped it.

silkamilkamonico
03-12-2014, 12:08 PM
Denver reported interest in Lafell is probably driving up the price for NE if they want him. JE really sticking it to NE.

I don't believe that at all.

Would love to have Lafell but for a modest price.

Lancane
03-12-2014, 12:20 PM
Brady wouldn't know what to do with LaFell, he actually has some talent.

Traveler
03-12-2014, 12:24 PM
Brady wouldn't know what to do with LaFell, he actually has some talent.

Don't sleep on Brady. He did a great job with Edelman and Amendola.

Lancane
03-12-2014, 12:33 PM

Trav, brother...you need to learn to take comedic jests at face value!

PatriotsGuy
03-12-2014, 12:36 PM
Trav, brother...you need to learn to take comedic jests at face value!

I think you need work on your delivery.

Lancane
03-12-2014, 12:38 PM
I think you need work on your delivery.

Nah, I don't expect Patriot fans to understand humor... ;)

PatriotsGuy
03-12-2014, 12:42 PM

We're so dumb!

Jsteve01
03-12-2014, 12:45 PM

We're so dumb! and rich

Lancane
03-12-2014, 12:47 PM
We're so dumb!

LOL...

Not so much dumb as in a state of mass depressiveness from the state of your football team. Quite literally if Brady was to be out for the season you'd look more like the Jaguars last season then the AFC Powerhouse your team once was. Hence, little to laugh about. I give your quarterback a ton of respect, not your coach or the front office, Brady has earned that. The point of my pun was that they've been allowing talent to walk more then retain, that he wouldn't know what to do with them actually giving him someone to work with.

:beer:

PatriotsGuy
03-12-2014, 12:59 PM
LOL...

Not so much dumb as in a state of mass depressiveness from the state of your football team. Quite literally if Brady was to be out for the season you'd look more like the Jaguars last season then the AFC Powerhouse your team once was. Hence, little to laugh about. I give your quarterback a ton of respect, not your coach or the front office, Brady has earned that. The point of my pun was that they've been allowing talent to walk more then retain, that he wouldn't know what to do with them actually giving him someone to work with.

I think I will wait a little longer, like maybe until free agency and the draft are over before I crown anyone king ;)

WTE
03-12-2014, 01:28 PM
I think I will wait a little longer, like maybe until free agency and the draft are over before I crown anyone king ;)

Broncos fans do this all the time to themselves and then go ballistic when they lose a big game by a score of?????? Hmmmmmmmm?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Well let's use the score 43-8 as an example!

Lancane
03-12-2014, 01:30 PM
Broncos fans do this all the time to themselves and then go ballistic when they lose a big game by a score of?????? Hmmmmmmmm?

Yeah, just like you guys know how to close out and beat the Giants in the Super Bowl!!! Oh wait!

WTE
03-12-2014, 01:31 PM
Yeah, just like you guys know how to close out and beat the Giants in the Super Bowl!!! Oh wait!

We never got destroyed nor humiliated like you.

topscribe
03-12-2014, 01:33 PM

Did the Patriots score the 43, or was it the 8?

Oh wait, I remember something about 16 . . .

WTE
03-12-2014, 01:34 PM
Did the Patriots score the 43, or was it the 8?

Oh wait, I remember something about 16 . . .

Tops, you OK old fella?

silkamilkamonico
03-12-2014, 02:06 PM

Brady turned Edelman into the Wes Welker we wished we got.

CoachChaz
03-12-2014, 02:14 PM

We did get him. We just didn't have enough balls to go around to get him to 100 catches

silkamilkamonico
03-12-2014, 02:25 PM
Welker wasn't even on the same level as Edelman last year. Welker was a very good role player for us last year - but Edelman was outstanding for the Patriots last year.

SR
03-12-2014, 02:34 PM
Welker wasn't even on the same level as Edelman last year. Welker was a very good role player for us last year - but Edelman was outstanding for the Patriots last year.

That happens when you're the only legitimate threat and your QB is Tom Brady. Edelman isn't going to make much of an impact anywhere else.

slim
03-12-2014, 02:34 PM
Role player? He had 73 catches and 10 TDs and was 3rd down machine. That's not a role player.

Edlemans stats were only slightly better and he was the primary target on his team.

silkamilkamonico
03-12-2014, 02:45 PM
NE was the second best team in the AFC last year with Edelman as their best reciever. It may show just how bad the AFC is right now, and could be part the reason why Denver looked like they didn't even belong on the same field with Seattle this year. I thin kthat's a hole other discussion but we will get to see how that goes playing the NFCWest this year, which will be good for Denver.

AgentOrange
03-12-2014, 02:58 PM
LOL...
Quite literally if Brady was to be out for the season you'd look more like the Jaguars last season then the AFC Powerhouse your team once was.

We Broncos fans need to tread softly when we say how much another team would suck if they lost their starting QB. How do you think we'd look without PFM? Free agency is looking good but...

underrated29
03-12-2014, 03:01 PM
We Broncos fans need to tread softly when we say how much another team would suck if they lost their starting QB. How do you think we'd look without PFM? Free agency is looking good but...

Can we stop with this injury talk already.....It happened last year...No need to wake up the bug again.

Ravage!!!
03-12-2014, 03:33 PM

Wow.. is this wrong.

Lancane
03-12-2014, 06:44 PM

In terms of talking talent on a team it's a whole other concept completely, the mere fact that it was taken in this context and not in the manner of which the comment was made is laughable.

7DnBrnc53
03-12-2014, 08:54 PM

Yeah, and where was that Brady and Edelman during the AFC Title Game (or the playoffs for that matter)? Nowhere.

dogfish
03-12-2014, 09:13 PM

wait, you're telling us that their number one receiver got more passes than our number three receiver, who also played with a stud TE all year? this is hardly shocking stuff. . . not to mention it being welker's first year in our scheme, while edleman has played in that scheme with brady for years. . .

bcbronc
03-13-2014, 01:08 AM
I'd pass on Lafell. Supposed to be the deepest WR draft in the history of the universe...we've got enough pass catching weapons already in the stable...add another in the 4th round, and maybe an under the radar bargain basement UFA that would love the chance to sign a one year deal to boost their stats playing with Manning. Pass on anyone that's going to get even decent money at this point imo.

dogfish
03-13-2014, 01:28 AM
I'd pass on Lafell. Supposed to be the deepest WR draft in the history of the universe...we've got enough pass catching weapons already in the stable...add another in the 4th round, and maybe an under the radar bargain basement UFA that would love the chance to sign a one year deal to boost their stats playing with Manning. Pass on anyone that's going to get even decent money at this point imo.

fair point, but it's expecting too much of a rookie to step into this extremely complex offense and figure it out right away. . . we're all about precision, and if you put a kid out there who doesn't make adjustments and run precise routes the way vets do, it's going to drive manning batshit crazy. . . first time the kid breaks off an out a yard deep and the throw gets picked, #18 will have a meltdown. . .

we could really use another vet with a bit of size to provide some cover if DT misses time. . .

bcbronc
03-13-2014, 01:41 AM
fair point, but it's expecting too much of a rookie to step into this extremely complex offense and figure it out right away. . . we're all about precision, and if you put a kid out there who doesn't make adjustments and run precise routes the way vets do, it's going to drive manning batshit crazy. . . first time the kid breaks off an out a yard deep and the throw gets picked, #18 will have a meltdown. . .

we could really use another vet with a bit of size to provide some cover if DT misses time. . .

yeah, really just comes down to price. At some point we have to run out of cap space, right. lol. I don't mind Lafell as a player, but not sure "precise routes" comes to mind when I think about him. I do think it makes sense to tap into the deep WR draft, but you're right, an additional veteran makes sense and Lafell is one of the bigger options on the market. Just don't want to see us get into a bidding war for him.

DenBronx
03-13-2014, 08:03 AM
Pass on LaFell and just get Steve Smith on a 1 year rental.

You guys wanted mean and nasty? Well this would also put some nasty on the other side of the ball too.

SR
03-13-2014, 08:32 AM
Pass on LaFell and just get Steve Smith on a 1 year rental. You guys wanted mean and nasty? Well this would also put some nasty on the other side of the ball too.

I wouldn't be opposed to that.

CoachChaz
03-13-2014, 08:33 AM
Pass on LaFell and just get Steve Smith on a 1 year rental.

You guys wanted mean and nasty? Well this would also put some nasty on the other side of the ball too.

At what price though? You think Smith is going to come in for 3-4 mil? Somehow I dont see that. He has too big of an ego

SR
03-13-2014, 08:35 AM
At what price though? You think Smith is going to come in for 3-4 mil? Somehow I dont see that. He has too big of an ego

Maybe the possibility of a Super Bowl with Denver will lower his asking price. I dunno. A guy like him HAS to want to win the Super Bowl and what team can offer him that chance more legitimately than Denver? Just being general, of course.

CoachChaz
03-13-2014, 08:44 AM
Maybe the possibility of a Super Bowl with Denver will lower his asking price. I dunno. A guy like him HAS to want to win the Super Bowl and what team can offer him that chance more legitimately than Denver? Just being general, of course.

With your average 35 year old receiver...I agree. I just dont come close to that assumption when it comes to Steve Smith. I'd love to be wrong though

chazoe60
03-13-2014, 09:16 AM
We never got destroyed nor humiliated like you.

No SB has ever or probably will ever, be as destructive or humiliating as when your team went 18-0 only to lose the SB. Sorry, you got us beat there buddy.

How did that feel BTW? You were all set to celebrate the greatest season in sports history then David Tyree makes the greatest catch in SB history and a few plays later Burress catches the go ahead TD. You just had to be going crazy.

Did you wipe your tears with your arrogantly and prematurely printed 19-0 tee-shirt?

chazoe60
03-13-2014, 09:19 AM

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

PatriotsGuy
03-13-2014, 09:20 AM
Did you wipe your tears with your arrogantly preemptive 19-0 tee-shirt?

Do you think there were Denver Broncos XLVIII Champions t-shirts printed for that game? "Arrogantly" puh-lease

chazoe60
03-13-2014, 09:25 AM
Do you think there were Denver Broncos XLVIII Champions t-shirts printed for that game? "Arrogantly" puh-lease

At least we didn't patent 2014 SB Champions or some such thing. :laugh:

If you don't think arrogance was a big reason your beloved Pats lost that SB it's because you're too close to the situation.

"We're only going to score 17 points? :laugh:" no arrogance at all.

dogfish
03-13-2014, 10:42 AM

he'll have to retire, then. . .

CoachChaz
03-13-2014, 10:46 AM
he'll have to retire, then. . .

I think he'll get a decent deal from Baltimore or Tampa. Someone will pay him

dogfish
03-13-2014, 11:09 AM
I think he'll get a decent deal from Baltimore or Tampa. Someone will pay him

you really think he'll get more than 3-4 per at 35 years old? i suppose i can see tampa, just because they're a crap organization that mostly just circles the toilet drain. . . if baltimore wants to pay him that much, fine with me-- it's less in the kitty to offer darryl smith. . . i really think this off-season plays in our favor, though. . . there are just so many wideouts available, and a lot of the teams with more pressing needs have already made their move. . . there are still a number of good players available-- hakeem nicks, edleman, james jones, emmanuel sanders, mario manningham, lafell, lance moore, etc. . . and it's billed as a really deep draft for wideouts. . . i'm not so sure smitty gets a big deal under these circumstances, although it does only take one team to make a desperation move. . .

ah well, we should know soon enough. . . if we don't get smith, there are certainly plenty of other options available. . . really would love to see the dude here, though. . .

CoachChaz
03-13-2014, 11:12 AM
you really think he'll get more than 3-4 per at 35 years old? i suppose i can see tampa, just because they're a crap organization that mostly just circles the toilet drain. . . if baltimore wants to pay him that much, fine with me-- it's less in the kitty to offer darryl smith. . . i really think this off-season plays in our favor, though. . . there are just so many wideouts available, and a lot of the teams with more pressing needs have already made their move. . . there are still a number of good players available-- hakeem nicks, edleman, james jones, emmanuel sanders, mario manningham, lafell, lance moore, etc. . . and it's billed as a really deep draft for wideouts. . . i'm not so sure smitty gets a big deal under these circumstances, although it does only take one team to make a desperation move. . .

ah well, we should know soon enough. . .

Boldin gets 8 from SF and that's what Smith is comparing his value to.

I think Nicks is all but gone to Carolina. They want him and he's from Charlotte, so I think that will be a done deal pretty soon.

Sounds like Edelman wont get put of Cleveland without a deal.

As for the rest of the list...Smith probably has more short term value than all of them.

Ravage!!!
03-13-2014, 11:12 AM
yeah... could be cool. But man, Talib and Smith are two of the guys I have disliked the most in the NFL because of their shitty attitudes. It's going to be hard for me to not be overly critical of their play when I don't like them as people. Smith is a douche, but so is Talib for that matter.

dogfish
03-13-2014, 11:17 AM
ugh, i didn't realize boldin got eight. . . he is two years younger, and was significantly more productive las year. . . sounds like you may be right, though, smith could well get a solid deal. . . oh well, we'll see. . . if not him, we should still get some vet help. . . in our scheme, i'm fine with a lance moore or jericho cotchery type as a #3/4 to split snaps with caldwell and provide some depth. . .

CoachChaz
03-13-2014, 11:23 AM
ugh, i didn't realize boldin got eight. . . he is two years younger, and was significantly more productive las year. . . sounds like you may be right, though, smith could well get a solid deal. . . oh well, we'll see. . . if not him, we should still get some vet help. . . in our scheme, i'm fine with a lance moore or jericho cotchery type as a #3/4 to split snaps with caldwell and provide some depth. . .

Miles Austin in a different environment? Jerome Simpson?

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
03-13-2014, 11:37 AM

Does Miles Austin still have hamstrings?

CoachChaz
03-13-2014, 11:42 AM
Does Miles Austin still have hamstrings?

Probably not, but I was thinking it would be a very low risk option on a cheap deal. If he's healthy, he can be productive.

Just throwing things against the wall

03-13-2014, 11:44 AM
Probably not, but I was thinking it would be a very low risk option on a cheap deal. If he's healthy, he can be productive.

Just throwing things against the wall

I think the draft is going to be our best bet, but that means less time for Manning to get his reps with a new WR

CoachChaz
03-13-2014, 11:47 AM
I think the draft is going to be our best bet, but that means less time for Manning to get his reps with a new WR

Rookie WR's are always risky to rely on, too.

WARHORSE
03-13-2014, 02:09 PM
Theres a reason both Pats and Broncs are looking at him.......

03-13-2014, 03:17 PM
If Carolina doesn't get Nicks, then I don't see them letting Lafell get away.

Jsteve01
03-13-2014, 08:11 PM
I'd like to see more speed at the Z but that's just me.

CoachChaz
03-13-2014, 08:54 PM
I'd like to see more speed at the Z but that's just me.

Bubba

TXBRONC
03-14-2014, 09:28 AM
Word is BB gave LaFell a pen to sign the contract but Brandon dropped it.

Then he's a perfect fit for the Patriots.

dogfish
03-14-2014, 02:56 PM

simpson, sure. . . i'm not the biggest fan of adding guys like austin, who are hurt every single year. . . there's a right circumstance for everyone, but i just feel like this team has already reached its quota of gimpy guys. . . i really wish we could bring in a bigger guy for this spot, to give us some size behind DT-- not really how the market's shaping up, though, unless we do happen to sign lafell. . . and i suppose it does matter less with manning, who's thrown to smaller receivers his whole career. . .