PDA

View Full Version : Linebackers Jon Beason, Daryl Smith on Broncos’ radar--AP

artie_dale
03-12-2014, 10:33 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/12/linebackers-jon-beason-daryl-smith-on-broncos-radar/

Denver, which has already acquired big-name help for its secondary in the form of Aqib Talib and T.J. Ward, and which is hosting pass rusher DeMarcus Ware today, is also hoping to add some help at middle linebacker.

Jon Beason and Daryl Smith are the two names the Broncos are considering in the middle, according to the Denver Post.

DenBronx
03-12-2014, 10:43 AM
Fox has history with Beason who is representing himself. If we are legitimately going to sign Ware the we are going to be squeezing lemons here for any remaining juice.

At this rate we might as well just trade away all our 1st and 2nd day draft picks. Lol

artie_dale
03-12-2014, 10:47 AM
Fox has history with Beason who is representing himself. If we are legitimately going to sign Ware the we are going to be squeezing lemons here for any remaining juice.

At this rate we might as well just trade away all our 1st and 2nd day draft picks. Lol

Yeah, I hear ya. I'm hoping Ware knows his window is closing and he joins us on the cheap in hopes to get a ring out of it. But, his agent probably wants to get paid.

GEM
03-12-2014, 10:58 AM
I thought Smith was likely to re-sign with the Ravens?

DenBronx
03-12-2014, 11:07 AM

Uhh we are the Denver Broncos you know. Who wouldnt want to come here?

bcbronc
03-12-2014, 11:19 AM
Either would be a huge upgrade...considering we don't actually have a legitimate Mike on the roster...and haven't for years really.

VonDoom
03-12-2014, 11:29 AM

Somewhere in yesterday's chaos I read that they were letting him test the market and not re-signing him immediately. So he's out there. I expect he'll be too expensive and I'd take Beason if he were cheap.

Not sure about Ware. I'm not going to get excited until it's done, and I just get the feeling he might be looking for too much money.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
03-12-2014, 12:09 PM
Somewhere in yesterday's chaos I read that they were letting him test the market and not re-signing him immediately. So he's out there. I expect he'll be too expensive and I'd take Beason if he were cheap.

Not sure about Ware. I'm not going to get excited until it's done, and I just get the feeling he might be looking for too much money.

Yeah, it seems every pass rusher on the FA market feels the same each year.

pipes
03-12-2014, 12:29 PM
Giants and free-agent LB Jon Beason are involved in "heated discussions", per source.
12:26pm - 12 Mar 14
Schefter's tweet

Lancane
03-12-2014, 12:51 PM
Giants and free-agent LB Jon Beason are involved in "heated discussions", per source.
12:26pm - 12 Mar 14
Schefter's tweet

So are Smith and the Ravens, but people think it's rumor mongering!

SmilinAssasSin27
03-12-2014, 05:47 PM
Beason re-signed w nyg.

broncofaninfla
03-14-2014, 10:49 AM
Daryl Smith is gone too, resigned with the Ravens.

topscribe
03-14-2014, 11:28 AM
Uhh we are the Denver Broncos you know. Who wouldnt want to come here?
Well, Daryl Smith and Jon Beason, apparently . . .

CoachChaz
03-14-2014, 11:31 AM
Not sure I would have been happy with that contract for a 32 year old ILB anyway