PDA

View Full Version : Demarcus Ware

broncofaninfla
03-11-2014, 09:02 PM
@AdamSchefter: Filed to ESPN: Denver has emerged as the favorite to land former Dallas DE DeMarcus Ware, per league sources.

MOtorboat
03-11-2014, 09:03 PM
Sign him!

Timmy!
03-11-2014, 09:04 PM
If the cost was the same, id rather have Allen.

ShaneFalco
03-11-2014, 09:05 PM
whoa!

Jsteve01
03-11-2014, 09:07 PM
tough call between he and Allen. Ware has more upside at this point in the game, but also a much lower floor. As much as I'd love the flashy Ware signing, I think Allen and his style will give us more of what we need at this point.

Slick
03-11-2014, 09:09 PM
Sign them both.

Dapper Dan
03-11-2014, 09:12 PM
Also, what about Peppers? Is he over-the-hill?

smith49
03-11-2014, 09:15 PM
Isn't Ware more of a 3-4 guy?? Someone smart school me in this a little please?? Thanks in advance!

atwater27
03-11-2014, 09:15 PM
Sign them both.

Boy, that'd be something.

MOtorboat
03-11-2014, 09:16 PM
Isn't Ware more of a 3-4 guy?? Someone smart school me in this a little please?? Thanks in advance!

Yes.

But Denver was basically playing a 3-4 with Phillips and Miller on the field this season.

They also played a 2-4 nickel alignment instead of a 4-2...

CoachChaz
03-11-2014, 09:21 PM
I prefer the guy that has his hand on the ground, but if Ware is healthy...I'm cool with it. His 6 sacks last year came in the 4 games he was actually healthy. But...His back scares me

smith49
03-11-2014, 09:21 PM
Yes.

But Denver was basically playing a 3-4 with Phillips and Miller on the field this season.

They also played a 2-4 nickel alignment instead of a 4-2...

Aaahhhh!! Gotcha! Good points Mo! Also, I know ware is a great pass rusher, but is he solid in the run D and containment? I suppose you could pose the same ?? about Allen which I believe for him is a bit negative on the run D. Am I accurate in that thinking??

Buff
03-11-2014, 09:24 PM
Sign Everybody!

BroncoWave
03-11-2014, 09:24 PM
Marshall Faulk suggested that Denver try to do like the Heat and bring in the big 3 of Peppers, Ware, and Allen if they could get them to take a little less than their top value.

broncofaninfla
03-11-2014, 09:28 PM
@AdamSchefter: While Denver focuses on DeMarcus Ware…Vikings free-agent DE Jared Allen is talking with the Bears and Seattle Seahawks, per league source.

weazel
03-11-2014, 09:28 PM
Ware is a beast...

NightTerror218
03-11-2014, 09:31 PM
I think allen is the better all around DE but either for right price I would take.

Slick
03-11-2014, 09:35 PM
I don't think Allen would sign with the Bears, not if he wants to win. Seattle I could see.

DenBronx
03-11-2014, 09:37 PM
Allen all day!

High motor, still producing on a bad team, can be mean when needed, doesnt disappear like Peppers or Ware in big games.

Guess it just depends on who is going to come cheaper at this point. But I think Allen is worth a tad more than those guys.

Dapper Dan
03-11-2014, 09:38 PM
In case someone doesn't feel like looking it up, Ware and Allen are both 31. Peppers is 34.

MileHighCrew
03-11-2014, 09:39 PM
Broncos look to focus on Ware and moved on from Allen

"ESPN's Adam Schefter reports free agent Jared Allen is in talks with the Bears and Seahawks.
Allen apparently wanted to go to Denver, but the Broncos look to be closing in on a contract with DeMarcus Ware. Allen is not as desirable a commodity as Ware at this stage of their careers, despite the 2013 sack statistics. Seattle tried trading for Allen prior to last year's deadline and has maintained interest. Allen would book end new $35 million man Lamarr Houston in Chicago."- Rotoworld
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2837/jared-allen

ShaneFalco
03-11-2014, 09:40 PM
Peppers had 7 sacks last season, year before 11.5 Ware had 6 :O

MileHighCrew
03-11-2014, 09:42 PM
free agent DeMarcus Ware will visit the Broncos.
It will be Ware's first visit, and quite possibly his last. Players rarely get away from their first visit, while Denver can offer Ware a shot at a Super Bowl title after years of toiling in Dallas. As long as Ware has realistic monetary demands, a deal can likely be worked out.
Related: Broncos
Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter

smith49
03-11-2014, 09:44 PM

Yah but wasn't Ware injured for the better part of the season. I think he only missed 3-4 games, but was playing injured for the better part of the year.

ShaneFalco
03-11-2014, 09:45 PM
ah. Well whatever. I just want one of those guys.

Our Pass Rushers WILL SMASH WITH SPARTAN SHIELDS.

Sry just watched the new 300.

smith49
03-11-2014, 09:46 PM
ah. Well whatever. I just want one of those guys.

Our Pass Rushers WILL SMASH WITH SPARTAN SHIELDS.

Sry just watched the new 300.

Was it good??

CoachChaz
03-11-2014, 09:46 PM

Ummm...Ware played with a bad back, when he did indeed play last year

CoachChaz
03-11-2014, 09:49 PM
According to Albert Breer, Ware has had interest from a few playoff teams, but the only one he would schedule a visit with is Denver

ShaneFalco
03-11-2014, 09:51 PM
Was it good??
yup. Was a manly movie.

Yea. Id like both of them to be honest. I doubt Peppers cares about that much $ at this point in his career with 0 rings. But i could be wrong.

DenBronx
03-11-2014, 09:51 PM
Id still be incredibly happy with either Ware or Allen. Talks with Allen could have stalled when Ware became available.

#1 Ware is more versatile than either Peppers or Allen.

So, eliminate the oldest guy out of the 3 first and that leaves you with just Ware and Allen. IMO you cant go wrong with either guy.

Just comes down to if dollers make sense here.

Slick
03-11-2014, 09:52 PM

Has he had back problems for a while or just last year?

ShaneFalco
03-11-2014, 09:52 PM
Id still be incredibly happy with either Ware or Allen. Talks with Allen could have stalled when Ware became available.

So, eliminate the oldest guy out of the 3 first and that leaves you with just Ware and Allen. IMO you cant go wrong with either guy.

but dont forget bronx. Older guys cost less.

DenBronx
03-11-2014, 09:53 PM

That has to be a concern. Not sure if he is 100% healthy now but back problems for a DE is a huge issue. Hopefully Elway brings that up in negotiating a deal.

DenBronx
03-11-2014, 09:56 PM

but dont forget bronx. Older guys cost less.

I hear ya on that. But we do have a little cap room to get the best players to win now. Of thats the case the Allen or Ware are worth going after.

If talks stall with both of those guys then Peppers might be our 3rd choice.

luckyseven
03-11-2014, 09:59 PM
Ware is a beast...

he used to be a beast the last few years not so much. was hurt much of last year.

luckyseven
03-11-2014, 10:00 PM
Has he had back problems for a while or just last year?

just last year if you look at his stats for prior years.

MOtorboat
03-11-2014, 10:00 PM
just last year if you look at his stats for prior years.

The back problems have lingered the last two years.

Dapper Dan
03-11-2014, 10:02 PM
Ware hasn't has a few bad seasons. He's had one. That was last season. And I don't consider is as a bad year. Last year is the ONLY year he didn't play all 16 games, he still played 13. There's not much evidence showing that Ware is on some huge decline.

Dapper Dan
03-11-2014, 10:04 PM
Hopefully we can let him be healthy before he plays. If the FO thinks he has back issues, I don't think they'll pick him up. If he signs with Denver, it will because they think he can get healthy.

MOtorboat
03-11-2014, 10:05 PM
Ware hasn't has a few bad seasons. He's had one. That was last season. And I don't consider is as a bad year. Last year is the ONLY year he didn't play all 16 games, he still played 13. There's not much evidence showing that Ware is on some huge decline.

Yeah. It wasn't bad. He had less sacks and played injured. Same as Champ...

Dapper Dan
03-11-2014, 10:05 PM
I mean, I don't think he will come out and get 20 sacks.

luckyseven
03-11-2014, 10:06 PM

he played in all games in 2012 with no real drop off in tackles and had 11.5 sacks, while I do not follow them, that seems like a fair season

MOtorboat
03-11-2014, 10:08 PM
he played in all games in 2012 with no real drop off in tackles and had 11.5 sacks, while I do not follow them, that seems like a fair season

Right.

But that doesn't mean he still didn't have back problems, which he did. He's had surgery the last two seasons, while his statistical drop off was only this year.

luckyseven
03-11-2014, 10:09 PM
Right.

But that doesn't mean he still didn't have back problems, which he did. He's had surgery the last two seasons, while his statistical drop off was only this year.

thanks for the info, I do not follow the cowboys at all unless they are playing selected teams so paid no attention to his play.

Jsteve01
03-11-2014, 10:11 PM

Just comes down to if dollers make sense here. False, you can go wrong. i love Ware, but back injuries in older players scare me. Ware does what he does on athletic ability and he's not near the run defender that Allen is. Allen on the other hand does his thing based on relentless pursuit. I hate to say this but I have a bad feeling about how this all plays out. No one is talking about the back but back injuries are bad news for athletes. They rarely just go away.

Jsteve01
03-11-2014, 10:13 PM
Right.

But that doesn't mean he still didn't have back problems, which he did. He's had surgery the last two seasons, while his statistical drop off was only this year. so does it matter that he's a fast twitch, player and seems to be getting injured more as he gets older? Sorry Mo, I couldn't resist.

DenBronx
03-11-2014, 10:16 PM
Albert Breer "Getting Ware would give Von Miller a much needed mentor"

Got to say I agree with that.

MOtorboat
03-11-2014, 10:16 PM
so does it matter that he's a fast twitch, player and seems to be getting injured more as he gets older? Sorry Mo, I couldn't resist.

Sure, I'm sure it does. Just answering questions there. I still want them to sign him...I think Denver would have plans to just let the man do what he do, and bulk up the right side of the line for run stopping. Less than what Dallas has asked him to do.

Jsteve01
03-11-2014, 10:19 PM
not sure. He was in the simeon rice role last year and Rice never had much run responsibilty. I'm on the record as saying Allen is the safer of the two picks for my money. Like I said Ware is a freak if healthy, but if I'm signing older players to multi year deals I'd rather go with the high motor run defender who never gets hurt.

CoachChaz
03-11-2014, 10:19 PM
The back situation is a concern with 2 surgeries the past 2 off seasons.

I like Allen, too...but let's not pretend he's the same he use to be either. He never stunts anymore and his run pursuit isn't what it once was. He's pretty much a straight pass rusher at this point. Which is what I'd expect Denver to use either guy for. 2nd and 3rd downs

chazoe60
03-11-2014, 10:20 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/incoming/20110303-demarcusware.jpg.ece/BINARY/w620x413/demarcusware.JPG

"I'm comin' to play for you Denver!"

Jsteve01
03-11-2014, 10:30 PM
I think beyond injury the x factor for me is Allen's nasty demeanor. The defense could use more of that.

chazoe60
03-11-2014, 10:31 PM
I think beyond injury the x factor for me is Allen's nasty demeanor. The defense could use more of that.

Ware ain't no cupcake.

sneakers
03-11-2014, 10:51 PM
Yes Elway, collect all those pokemons

CoachChaz
03-11-2014, 11:12 PM
He has to be excited about the defense around him

Rick
03-12-2014, 12:02 AM
He has to be excited about the defense around him

I wonder if that was part of the reason to not wait on DRC and quickly sign Talib. Demonstrate more pieces in place to Ware.

Jsteve01
03-12-2014, 12:15 AM
Verner had better be firing his agent immediately given what the market has been for corners this year

luckyseven
03-12-2014, 12:37 AM
I wonder if that was part of the reason to not wait on DRC and quickly sign Talib. Demonstrate more pieces in place to Ware.

they announced Ward and then Talib and then sent the jet to Dallas to collect Ware.

something tells me John has a plan.

DenBronx
03-12-2014, 12:43 AM
Wish they would just sign a pass rusher already and look to the draft!

The suspense is killing me!!

Softskull
03-12-2014, 02:21 AM
When John Elway calls me for advice, this is what I'm telling him:
"Back injuries are no joke and the tend to last forever. Get Jared back on the plane to Denver - today"

DenBronx
03-12-2014, 03:19 AM
Allen has produced more over the past couple of years.

Demarcus Ware is more versatile but the back issues are a huge concern. IF he is healthy I will be estatic about him coming here.

Allen already met with us and Elway sent a private jet to pick up Ware. We are going after which ever one comes at the best price AND fits the system best. Once either of these two are signed then I think Phillips doesnt re-sign here.....would love him also on another 1 year rental but that might not be possible.

Ziggy
03-12-2014, 06:02 AM
Allen is the better fit for an every down player. Ware is the better fit as a pass rusher IMO, because we run a 3-4 on passing downs. JDR can move Ware and Von all over the line on those downs. It's going to be tough to game plan against the two of them when Denver gets that big lead. Both bring toughness and leadership. Both bring proven pass rushing ability, and both bring a talent increase. Give me either one, and I'm as happy as a tornado in a trailer park.

Lancane
03-12-2014, 06:54 AM
Allen has produced more over the past couple of years.

Demarcus Ware is more versatile but the back issues are a huge concern. IF he is healthy I will be estatic about him coming here.

Allen already met with us and Elway sent a private jet to pick up Ware. We are going after which ever one comes at the best price AND fits the system best. Once either of these two are signed then I think Phillips doesnt re-sign here.....would love him also on another 1 year rental but that might not be possible.

Allen is in contract talks with the Bears and Seahawks according to Adam Schefter. That doesn't mean Allen is out of the picture just yet, if Denver's offer in the end is better then either of those two teams it could still happen. Problem is that those two teams have a better cap situation then the Broncos after signing Talib, so they could make offers that better Denver's original and the Broncos couldn't match due to fiscal obligations.

Lancane
03-12-2014, 06:57 AM
I like Ware, but seriously Allen is the tougher of the two and with Houston out of the picture I'd prefer Allen. Broncos interest shift on Ware could be a tactic to make Allen's agent move on a deal, the Bears signed Houston and the Seahawks inked Bennett, Denver could end up the winner if they don't want to overspend at the same position.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
03-12-2014, 08:23 AM
Both Ware and Allen have a strong voice and provide leadership, as well an edge pass rush on 2nd/3rd down. With Champ and Woodyard gone, leadership on the defensive side appears to be lacking, but I"m not in the locker room so that could be wrong.

With Von coming off the ACL injury, we sure could use either one of them.

dogfish
03-12-2014, 12:04 PM
i think allen's a significantly more effective and vocal leader. . . yes, ware is a consummate pro, but IMO he's alway been more of that stoic, champ bailey "lead by example" type. . . really, when has that dallas D ever played with any edge about them? allen brings a lot more swagger IMO, and i think we desperately need that. . .

CoachChaz
03-12-2014, 12:07 PM
I think we benefit equally with either one. It's a wash to me

NightTerror218
03-12-2014, 12:13 PM
Read on twitter Jared Allen will retire if he does not get the money he thinks he is worth and watch's salary to reflect min 13 sack average a year player.

So he is threatening to retire cod be the reason the big push for ware now. Elway does play hard ball and DRC learned that.

TXBRONC
03-12-2014, 12:22 PM

That's not good.

OB
03-12-2014, 12:33 PM
So one has major back problems

The other will retire if he doesnt get the money he wants

They are the same age (31)

Both sound like one or two year guys at best, no? I would like a guy who will be around for a few years - commitment and stamina - I hope Elway can figure out which one of them fit that bill

Lancane
03-12-2014, 12:37 PM
Read on twitter Jared Allen will retire if he does not get the money he thinks he is worth and watch's salary to reflect min 13 sack average a year player.

So he is threatening to retire cod be the reason the big push for ware now. Elway does play hard ball and DRC learned that.

That could be the counter answer to Elway's move to get Ware.

CoachChaz
03-12-2014, 12:39 PM
The back has really mostly been soreness. He missed he three games due to a quad strain, but also had a stinger and a nerve issue in his elbow.

OB
03-12-2014, 01:10 PM
Is it true that we just signed Ware????????

OB
03-12-2014, 01:11 PM
Is is - 3 year $30 mil - $20 gtd