PDA

View Full Version : Jared Allen wants to play for the Broncos

DenBronx
03-10-2014, 08:15 PM
http://teamstre.am/1oGUI60

NFL Free Agency: Jared Allen to the Broncos rumors are heating up - Mile High Report

via ble.ac/teamstream-

DenBronx
03-10-2014, 08:17 PM
Said he wants to play with a top 5 QB. Said Manning is deffinitely a top 5 QB.

Thought this deserved its own thread.

Would absolutely love this move!!

luckyseven
03-10-2014, 08:20 PM
Would absolutely love this move!!

that has been obvious all year.

Dzone
03-10-2014, 08:21 PM
Right on! Time to load up for another Super Bowl run!

Simple Jaded
03-10-2014, 09:30 PM
that has been obvious all year.

It's only March.

VonDoom
03-10-2014, 10:37 PM
Sure, let's do this. Tomorrow is going to be fun.

DenBronx
03-10-2014, 10:40 PM
16 hours left until we make our first splash.

The boards are slow on a busy news day. What gives???

Dzone
03-10-2014, 10:46 PM
Alterraun Verner 'definitely' eyeing Broncos, Patriots
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000332483/article/alterraun-verner-definitely-eyeing-broncos-patriots

DenBronx
03-10-2014, 11:38 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000332483/article/alterraun-verner-definitely-eyeing-broncos-patriots

I saw that earlier too. I would hope we make every effort to retain DRC. He should be our first priority.

luckyseven
03-11-2014, 12:19 AM
It's only March.

Since I just came here in feb it seems like at least a year.

Lancane
03-11-2014, 02:06 AM
As I've said before, I don't mind signing Jared Allen, I was hoping for youth...but you have to love Allen, the man is a beast. That said, I truly hope that means either things stalled between Phillips and the Broncos or that he is going elsewhere. Signing both would be a grave mistake when that could be better spent elsewhere, they are best suited for the same position in all honesty, I don't see either filling Wolfe's role should he not return and Phillips is not the answer to backup Miller either.

MOtorboat
03-11-2014, 02:17 AM
As I've said before, I don't mind signing Jared Allen, I was hoping for youth...but you have to love Allen, the man is a beast. That said, I truly hope that means either things stalled between Phillips and the Broncos or that he is going elsewhere. Signing both would be a grave mistake when that could be better spent elsewhere, they are best suited for the same position in all honesty, I don't see either filling Wolfe's role should he not return and Phillips is not the answer to backup Miller either.

What younger player would make the impact Allen would?

Lancane
03-11-2014, 03:19 AM
What younger player would make the impact Allen would?

I was hoping for Houston, who while not as proficient in sacking the quarterback is known to make plays in the backfield, cause turnovers and create pressure. So would the impact be the same? Probably not, Allen is a surefire HOF'er and makes up for what we lost in Miller and is a better leader which we really need right now.

Ziggy
03-11-2014, 04:18 AM
I was hoping for Houston, who while not as proficient in sacking the quarterback is known to make plays in the backfield, cause turnovers and create pressure. So would the impact be the same? Probably not, Allen is a surefire HOF'er and makes up for what we lost in Miller and is a better leader which we really need right now.

I was hoping for Houston as well. I think he brings long term stability to the DE position. He's a well rounded D end that can bring some pass rush, and he's far better against the run than Allen. At this point, Allen may be more of a 2nd and 3rd down player. I'll be happy with either.

TXBRONC
03-11-2014, 08:39 AM
I was hoping for Houston as well. I think he brings long term stability to the DE position. He's a well rounded D end that can bring some pass rush, and he's far better against the run than Allen. At this point, Allen may be more of a 2nd and 3rd down player. I'll be happy with either.

I don't know if Lamarr Houston would be a long term solution as a three down defensive end but he would certainly help.

Northman
03-11-2014, 08:55 AM
Oh, so NOW he wants to play for us. Not after he left KC evidently. **** him.

JK, i would still take him on here in a heartbeat.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-11-2014, 10:39 AM

He was never a FA. KC traded him. Settle down there partner. :D

Dzone
03-11-2014, 10:42 AM
Interesting article. I cant see denver trADING FOR Adrian Peterson but that would be awesome...signing TJ or Byrd would be great too.
http://milehighsports.com/2014/03/11/blueprint-for-broncos-free-agency/

BroncoNut
03-11-2014, 11:32 AM

he played for the Vikings too if my memory serves me correctly. 9798 was all over his balls years ago.

silkamilkamonico
03-11-2014, 11:38 AM
Forget Jared Allen - hopefully this quanterus smith dude they have stashed away is the answer they need.

Dzone
03-11-2014, 11:41 AM
. 9798 was all over his balls years ago.
is that a venereal disease? sounds dreadful

CoachChaz
03-11-2014, 11:41 AM
Forget Jared Allen - hopefully this quanterus smith dude they have stashed away is the answer they need.

That part doesnt give me a warm feeling

Dzone
03-11-2014, 11:45 AM
Q is a beast in hiding

silkamilkamonico
03-11-2014, 11:47 AM
That part doesnt give me a warm feeling

Neither does this organization continue to sign over the hill veterans. At what point does it start taking the draft serious? Or getting better at it?

CoachChaz
03-11-2014, 11:50 AM
Neither does this organization continue to sign over the hill veterans. At what point does it start taking the draft serious? Or getting better at it?

Have to take all things into consideration. At the moment, our future is about 2 years long. We are fully steeped in WIN NOW mode and we have to do things through FA that will help us WIN NOW. Yes, we all want the draft to supply our future, but continuously drafting at the back end has it's limitations. I agree the front office needs to improve in evaluating draftees, but we still need veteran FA's to supplement that.

Right now, we dont have a DE on the roster that can truly be counted on, so we dont have a choice but to look at short term answers that are productive.

weazel
03-11-2014, 11:51 AM
Get this done.

SR
03-11-2014, 12:06 PM

That makes sense. Forget about Jared Allen. We know what he has done and can do. Lets put our money on a complete unknown.

LTC Pain
03-11-2014, 12:08 PM
Don't have the link handy. But I read at PFT, the Broncos were not one of the five teams Allen listed he wanted to play for.

CoachChaz
03-11-2014, 12:13 PM
Don't have the link handy. But I read at PFT, the Broncos were not one of the five teams Allen listed he wanted to play for.

Interesting. The ONLY things I see on PFT are him saying he wants to go to a contender. Never specifies any teams in any of the interviews.

slim
03-11-2014, 12:22 PM
Dog is gonna need to change his boxers.

LTC Pain
03-11-2014, 12:55 PM
Interesting. The ONLY things I see on PFT are him saying he wants to go to a contender. Never specifies any teams in any of the interviews.

Well, piss, I can't locate the link. I may not have read it on PFT. The gist was that Allen gave his agent a list of five teams he wanted sign with (all winning teams). The Broncos were not on that list. But, per Twitter, the Broncos seem to be in the hunt for Allen (and Revis if released).

Northman
03-11-2014, 01:06 PM
He was never a FA. KC traded him. Settle down there partner. :D

**** him, he could of forced his way to Denver. :D

Lancane
03-11-2014, 01:15 PM
Well, piss, I can't locate the link. I may not have read it on PFT. The gist was that Allen gave his agent a list of five teams he wanted sign with (all winning teams). The Broncos were not on that list. But, per Twitter, the Broncos seem to be in the hunt for Allen (and Revis if released).

Revis wants 16 million a year, he's not willing to restructure and you can bet your *** he wants the same amount to go forward wherever that is...and it sure the F' won't be in Denver.

slim
03-11-2014, 01:18 PM
Revis wants 16 million a year, he's not willing to restructure and you can bet your *** he wants the same amount to go forward wherever that is...and it sure the F' won't be in Denver.

No one is going to pay him $16M. He will be lucky to get $11M.

Lancane
03-11-2014, 01:22 PM
No one is going to pay him $16M. He will be lucky to get $11M.

He isn't willing to restructure for a trade to go forward and the Broncos are close to a deal with DRC, Revis is not coming to Denver.

slim
03-11-2014, 01:29 PM
He isn't willing to restructure for a trade to go forward and the Broncos are close to a deal with DRC, Revis is not coming to Denver.

Probably not. But the Bucs might release him. I guess I would rather they give $10M to Revis than to DRC.

OB
03-11-2014, 01:36 PM
Did we sign JA or not? I am confused

slim
03-11-2014, 01:37 PM
Did we sign JA or not? I am confused

No. FA doesn't start for another 90 minutes or so.

Lancane
03-11-2014, 01:37 PM
Probably not. But the Bucs might release him. I guess I would rather they give $10M to Revis than to DRC.

Revis will want 13 million a season if the standard is 10 mil. He's a bloated ***-hat that is overrated. And you'll be hard pressed to find many Broncos' fans that would rather have ****head over DRC.

CoachChaz
03-11-2014, 01:39 PM

The reason he wont restructure for a trade is because he gets 3 mil if the Bucs release him. So, he's better off taking that 3 mil plus the 11 or 12 that another team will pay him. If he restructures...that 3 mil goes away. He's smart not to restructure for a trade.

slim
03-11-2014, 01:41 PM
Revis will want 13 million a season if the standard is 10 mil. He's a bloated ***-hat that is overrated. And you'll be hard pressed to find many Broncos' fans that would rather have ****head over DRC.

I guess you don't care for Revis :lol:

I would be happy to see DRC back, just not sure he is a $10M CB.

OB
03-11-2014, 03:30 PM
I dont understand salaries - how does he garner (Revis) $16mm a year - that seems insane?

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
03-11-2014, 04:54 PM
I dont understand salaries - how does he garner (Revis) $16mm a year - that seems insane?

It is insane. Everyone seems to know that except him.

Simple Jaded
03-11-2014, 04:56 PM
It is insane. Everyone seems to know that except him.

You know why he asked for $16 mil? Cause someone might pay it.

03-11-2014, 04:58 PM
You know why he asked for $16 mil? Cause someone might pay it.

Yes, that makes him a selfish and greedy, yet good businessman.

I don't think he's getting close to that figure when he hits the market though.

Simple Jaded
03-11-2014, 05:01 PM
Yes, that makes him a selfish and greedy, yet good businessman.

I don't think he's getting close to that figure when he hits the market though.

He took a huge risk and it paid off, for a season anyway. But no player is worth $16 mil unless they can play QB.

ShaneFalco
03-11-2014, 05:49 PM
**** revis, if we got rid of champ for that chode, i would be reaaaaaaaaal emo.

SR
03-12-2014, 06:26 AM

Let's set the record straight, please. We didn't get "rid" of Champ for anyone. We got rid of him because he isn't better than DRC or Harris at this point in his career and we had an opportunity to get a young, stud CB locked up long term. It isn't a trade off.

Lancane
03-12-2014, 06:50 AM
**Update** Jared Allen's agent is in contract talks with Bears and Seahawks.

dogfish
03-13-2014, 01:35 AM

can't lie, i'm gonn be pissed if he goes to seattle. . . like they don't have enough toughness and swagger already. . .

CoachChaz
03-13-2014, 07:04 AM

can't lie, i'm gonn be pissed if he goes to seattle. . . like they don't have enough toughness and swagger already. . .

With the money tied up in Bennett and Avril and the coming free agency of a few stars on that team...i just don't see it happening. At least not for "fair market value"

DenBronx
03-13-2014, 07:55 AM

Geez its not like they need him. That defense is already on cloud 9 as it is.

New England fans want Allen. If NE is going to make a serious push then they will get him. Hope they stay far far away from Allen and he goes to the Bears or something.

CoachChaz
03-13-2014, 08:32 AM

New England fans want Allen. If NE is going to make a serious push then they will get him. Hope they stay far far away from Allen and he goes to the Bears or something.

Not sure what their cap looks like now after giving 12 mil to Revis.

topscribe
03-13-2014, 08:55 AM

Doesn't really bother me. How much can he improve Seattle's defense? And if Seattle
signs him, that means NE won't. So I'm with you in hoping that Allen signs with them
or the Bears.

03-13-2014, 10:18 AM

I thought I heard they had around $15M before that signing. I don't see a chance Allen goes there w/o more cuts.

CoachChaz
03-13-2014, 10:21 AM
I thought I heard they had around $15M before that signing. I don't see a chance Allen goes there w/o more cuts.

It was around 16 mil before they released Sopoaga.

luckyseven
03-13-2014, 10:31 PM

10.2 million.

also heard they just signed browner.

TXBRONC
03-14-2014, 08:14 AM

You're always an emo. :welcome: :D

Runamok
03-14-2014, 09:15 AM
Doesn't really bother me. How much can he improve Seattle's defense? And if Seattle
signs him, that means NE won't. So I'm with you in hoping that Allen signs with them
or the Bears.

Isn't that like saying "I'm content with a shot at winning the AFC Championship."?

Runamok
03-14-2014, 09:17 AM
It was around 16 mil before they released Sopoaga.

Is that including the 8-11 mil they recoup if they dump Wilfork?

Runamok
03-14-2014, 09:20 AM

I've always been a big fan of Jared Allen. NE would be better off dumping Willy and giving the dough to a solid pass rusher.

Simple Jaded
03-14-2014, 11:46 PM
I've always been a big fan of Jared Allen. NE would be better off dumping Willy and giving the dough to a solid pass rusher.

Who is Willy? Sounds like something a Patriot fan might call Vince Wilfork?

Runamok
03-15-2014, 12:57 PM
Who is Willy? Sounds like something a Patriot fan might call Vince Wilfork?

Easy enough to find out. Just ask one of the Pats trolls if that's what they call Vinnie.

Simple Jaded
03-15-2014, 02:34 PM
Easy enough to find out. Just ask one of the Pats trolls if that's what they call Vinnie.

Ok.

Is that what you call Vinnie?

Runamok
03-15-2014, 03:21 PM
Ok.

Is that what you call Vinnie?

Truly, you ARE "Jaded". You know that, right?

Simple Jaded
03-15-2014, 08:36 PM
Truly, you ARE "Jaded". You know that, right?

Yeah, I get that a lot.

OB
03-20-2014, 02:31 PM
He just signed with the Seahawks.

Runamok
03-20-2014, 02:59 PM
He just signed with the Seahawks.

Holy shit.

Espn reporting a done deal....NFL.com hasn't posted anything yet.

I'm glad for Seattle, though......the ******' 'hawks really needed the help. :rolleyes:

silkamilkamonico
03-20-2014, 03:06 PM
Really really good get for Seattle. Bennett and Allen in that scheme where the interior line excels at controlling the LOS. That is f'n deadly.

Nomad
03-20-2014, 03:11 PM
Jim Harbaugh just kicked his dog:lol:, plus Allen must like rain.:D