PDA

View Full Version : broncos tender Harris, Nacho and Carter

NightTerror218
03-07-2014, 02:14 PM
Broncos place second round tender on Harris and undrafter tender on Nacho and Carter.

Per Lindsey Jones and Tom Pelissero

Unrein gets 3rd teir tender per Jeff legwork twitter. Which is original round.

toodles_belle
03-07-2014, 02:15 PM
What does the undrafted tender on Tony Carter and Ihenacho mean? Do they just get a little pay raise?

NightTerror218
03-07-2014, 02:16 PM
I like the move. Keeps some depth incase we add starters via FA or else it retains two starters.

NightTerror218
03-07-2014, 02:17 PM
What does the undrafted tender on Tony Carter and Ihenacho mean? Do they just get a little pay raise?

The get pay raise to about $780k and give broncos chance to match offers.

CoachChaz
03-07-2014, 02:20 PM
If someone offered Carter and Nacho bigger deals...I'd be ok with it

SoCalImport
03-07-2014, 02:24 PM
I like carter a lot as our Dime back. I think he's above average in that role. I have hope that Nacho can get himself under control out there and focus that raw talent into a quality starter. Hope they both hang around.

NightTerror218
03-07-2014, 02:25 PM
I like carter a lot as our Dime back. I think he's above average in that role. I have hope that Nacho can get himself under control out there and focus that raw talent into a quality starter. Hope they both hang around.

I have hope for him. First year starting and got banged up after a good start. Injury seemed like that caused a setback.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-07-2014, 02:39 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 1h

If/when Harris signs the tender, he'll play 2014 on a one-year deal with salary of $2.187 million.

Translation re: Harris tender. If a team wants to sign Chris to an offer sheet, they would have to give Broncos a second-round pick.

RT @TomPelissero: #Broncos have tendered CB Chris Harris at the second-round level ($2.187M). He'll be coming off a knee injury.

CoachChaz
03-07-2014, 02:46 PM
The 2nd round tender and the ACL injury pretty much guarantee no one will make him an offer

BroncoWave
03-07-2014, 05:30 PM
Elway must see something in Carter that I don't. He's, IMO, the worst CB to get significant playing time that I have ever seen in a Broncos uniform.

SoCalImport
03-07-2014, 08:00 PM
Elway must see something in Carter that I don't. He's, IMO, the worst CB to get significant playing time that I have ever seen in a Broncos uniform.

Whoa.. that's sayin something. We've had some doozys.
Seriously. Carter is reckless and undisciplined at times but even then is way better than you've described him as here.
And yeah. We look to have no trouble holding onto Harris to see how he plays post injury. Result.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
03-07-2014, 08:02 PM

That's a little extreme.

He's inconsistent, but certainly not the worst. Towards the end of the season, I preferred him over Webster (pre-hand injury)

BroncoWave
03-07-2014, 08:33 PM
Who was worse? Maybe Roc Alexander, but that's about all I can think of at the moment. I don't think Carter is even good enough to be on an NFL roster.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-07-2014, 08:38 PM
Isn't Carter the one who missed many more tackles than he made?

BroncoWave
03-07-2014, 08:39 PM
Isn't Carter the one who missed many more tackles than he made?

I remember him mostly for committing pass interference on every play.

slim
03-07-2014, 08:46 PM

I guess you haven't watched that much Broncos football. :noidea:

BroncoWave
03-07-2014, 08:50 PM
I guess you haven't watched that much Broncos football. :noidea:

Nope, I don't watch any Broncos football at all. I can't count on one hand the number of games I have missed in the last 10 or so years or anything.

Get that weak shit outta here. If you actually want to name CBs worse than him to refute my argument, I'm all ears. You're better than the lame "you must not watch football" insult.

MOtorboat
03-08-2014, 02:30 AM
Nope, I don't watch any Broncos football at all. I can't count on one hand the number of games I have missed in the last 10 or so years or anything.

Get that weak shit outta here. If you actually want to name CBs worse than him to refute my argument, I'm all ears. You're better than the lame "you must not watch football" insult.

Charles Dimry
Roc Alexander
Willie Middlebrooks
Lenny Walls
Karl Paymah
Jeff Shoate
Deltha O'Neil

OOH! Kevin Guidry. That guy blew chunks.
Haha, Tory James...

Watch more Broncos games.

Hey, I know a guy who can play corner. I think he's a free agent, too.

Ziggy
03-08-2014, 04:17 AM
Carter was our 5th corner.

DRC
Harris
Champ
Kayvon
Carter

I guess the expectations for 5th string corners have gone up over the years.

BroncoWave
03-08-2014, 07:49 AM
Charles Dimry
Roc Alexander
Willie Middlebrooks
Lenny Walls
Karl Paymah
Jeff Shoate
Deltha O'Neil

Haha, Tory James...

Um, Deltha O'Neal was a pro bowler one year. He was definitely better than Carter. Willie Middlebrooks and Lenny Walls I would also say were better. Dimry was before my time. Guidry was also before my time. Shoate doesn't really count because he never got significant PT, and I'm only talking about guys who got significant PT. Obviously if you count everyone who even suited up for a few games you could find worse players.

Remember Mo, I said since I have been watching Broncos football he's the worst I can think of, which only dates back to around 1997. So obviously people who have been around longer have a larger frame of reference.

The two I will give you possibly are Alexander and Paymah. But I would still put Carter right in their class of suckitude. The guy just gets humiliated every time he is on the field. I just don't see how he even warrants a roster spot.

BroncoWave
03-08-2014, 07:50 AM
Carter was our 5th corner.

DRC
Harris
Champ
Kayvon
Carter

I guess the expectations for 5th string corners have gone up over the years.

He started the season as our #4 CB before he was demoted, and #4 CBs are expected to be able to contribute given the frequency of 4WR sets in today's NFL. And really, he was essentially the #3 guy with Champ being down most of the year.

BroncoJoe
03-08-2014, 09:30 AM
Tony Lilly.

Buff
03-08-2014, 09:35 AM
I thought Tony Carter would be gone for sure. He had a good 2012 and a disastrous 2013. Guy can't cover or tackle and is undersized. Hopefully he gets pushed way down the depth chart.

BroncoJoe
03-08-2014, 09:52 AM
I thought Tony Carter would be gone for sure. He had a good 2012 and a disastrous 2013. Guy can't cover or tackle and is undersized. Hopefully he gets pushed way down the depth chart.

How was the drive home Buff?

NightTerror218
03-08-2014, 12:48 PM
I think carter is sticking around more for depth and ST play.

Buff
03-08-2014, 03:13 PM
How was the drive home Buff?

Not as bad as I was expecting. The only crappy part is I70 West backs up right after Wadsworth and I am on Kipling... So the last couple night the last mile or two has been the worst part.

Northman
03-08-2014, 03:19 PM
Whoa.. that's sayin something. We've had some doozys.
Seriously. Carter is reckless and undisciplined at times but even then is way better than you've described him as here.
And yeah. We look to have no trouble holding onto Harris to see how he plays post injury. Result.

Yea, im not sure i see all the hate on Tony either. A lot of these guys are still pretty young so mistakes are bound to happen even to the best of them. Way to early to put them out to pasture.

Joel
03-09-2014, 08:39 AM
Agreed on both points; Carter's no starter, but solid enough to play #3/4 WRs. In 2014, teams can't afford to keep four Champ Baileys on the roster, and the nickelback is practically a staring CB these days, so if we can nail down three quality guys for the starting CB spots, a player like Carter is plenty good enough to be the 4th CB.

The problems start when injuries to starters force his promotion. We saw it this year when first Champ, then DRC and finally Harris went down: Suddenly guys like Carter, talented rookie Webster and/or over-the-hill Jammer were playing nickel, or even outside: That didn't work. Carter's quality depth though, and Webster's a talented rookie who surely learned a lot when injuries pressed him into #2 CB duties where he was frequently torched. Even with Champs release, we have more at CB than at safety, IMHO.

GEM
03-09-2014, 02:49 PM

Roc Alexander says no.

:laugh:

**EDIT** I saw a couple posts later you admitted the Roc guy.

BroncoWave
03-09-2014, 02:50 PM
Roc Alexander says no.

:laugh:

You'll note that I later said that Alexander is the one who I could see being worse.

Jsteve01
03-09-2014, 10:23 PM
you know Peyton Manning loves him some Roc Alexander

TXBRONC
03-11-2014, 09:20 AM
Charles Dimry
Roc Alexander
Willie Middlebrooks
Lenny Walls
Karl Paymah
Jeff Shoate
Deltha O'Neil

Haha, Tory James...

In other words pretty much everyone that has played on the opposite of Bailey the last ten years.