PDA

View Full Version : Broncos seek FA

Superchop 7
03-07-2014, 01:16 PM
Trying to put the budget together and fill holes....

Louis Delmas-S- We need to fill the leadership void with Champ gone, he is great when he is healthy, Fox is pretty good at saving guys for a playoff run, an enforcer.

Jared Allen-DE- I think he would go nuts as a rotational player.

Kenny Britt-WR- Way too much upside, has no choice but to focus on career, uber talented.

Chris Cook-CB- This years version of DRC, just needs coached up.

Desmond Bishop-ILB- Coming off ACL, has talent.

Of course we will be signing some of our guys, when you put pad to paper, 30 mill goes pretty quickly, My picks may not be sexy, but the players have talent.

CoachChaz
03-07-2014, 01:19 PM
30 mil isnt 30 mil. People always seem to forget to put aside about 10 mil of that for draft picks, practice squad, in-season signings, etc.

underrated29
03-07-2014, 02:13 PM
We also have dt and Von and Harris and coming up for bigger contacts....

I do not want Kenny Britt at all. He sucks. He would be like that guy we signed from Carolina and then ultimately traded to the jets or something....I forgot his name. Erick, maybe? Doesn't matter. He had talent but nothing else and was a total waste of space.

CoachChaz
03-07-2014, 02:21 PM
We also have dt and Von and Harris and coming up for bigger contacts....

I do not want Kenny Britt at all. He sucks. He would be like that guy we signed from Carolina and then ultimately traded to the jets or something....I forgot his name. Erick, maybe? Doesn't matter. He had talent but nothing else and was a total waste of space.

Not too worried about contracts after this year as they can be backloaded. After this year, the cap is expected to start increasing significantly and possibly hitting $160 mil by 2016. Add that to the likely departure of Manning by then and money wont be an issue

VonDoom
03-07-2014, 02:22 PM
Pass on Britt - too many off the field troubles. We've got someone like that already.

Not a fan of Cook either, though I might have said the same about DRC before last season.

NightTerror218
03-07-2014, 02:27 PM
I expect elway to try to roll over some money into next season for our big signings

MOtorboat
03-07-2014, 03:48 PM
Just one, eh?

broncofaninfla
03-07-2014, 03:51 PM
Delmas play has slipped as has his health, loved the kid out of college though.

Superchop 7
03-07-2014, 04:11 PM
I only spent 15 million,

My last 3 guys are cheap signs, boom or bust, they don't cut it....no sweat off my brow.

Cook just got ripped by Zimmer for tweeting, he is ready to go, I see DRC all over again talent wise.

Britt is flat out talented, career wise he is in a corner, for little risk it is worth the reward.

Desmond Bishop, when he replaced Barnett....he was excellent, got a 5yr 19 mill contract then injury bug hit, if he can regain his form....total steal.

So, I have 2 solid guys, 3 boom or bust types, money to sign guys like Bubba, maybe Moreno, a couple of August moves, mid season moves, and a lil rollover for next year.

Your welcome.

chazoe60
03-07-2014, 04:20 PM
You're

Northman
03-07-2014, 04:38 PM
Cool story bro.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-07-2014, 04:41 PM
You're

Do bean and cheese burritos give you gas?

Simple Jaded
03-07-2014, 05:26 PM
Do bean and cheese burritos give you gas?

I'm lactose intolerant, but only to the point where it gives me gas. So if I mix in a day of cereal, hard boiled eggs, beer and beef jerky it's gonna be a fun night sleeping on the couch. I usually try to do it once a month, timing is the key.