PDA

View Full Version : Sapp wins Fullback/ Bell possibly traded

DenBronx
09-02-2007, 08:01 PM
Cecil Sapp: Now Playing Fullback for Broncos

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Sunday, September 2, 2007
Update: After spending most of the preseason at tailback, Sapp will enter the season as the team's No. 1 fullback after the surprising release of starter Kyle Johnson, the Denver Post reports.

Recommendation: Mike Bell has also shifted to fullback, where he will apparently either back up Sapp or be traded. Sapp was expected to be one of the front-runners to win the No. 2 tailback job, but that was ultimately won by undrafted rookie free agent Selvin Young after a strong camp.

looks like mike bell is going to end up as trade bait. and why shouldnt he? shanny has turned a profit into average running backs since the caveman invented the wheel. if we could get a 3rd or 4th then i would be stoked at this move. we are lacking good draft picks for next year.

rumor has it that a few teams are looking at bell. one is the packers and they might already have a verbel agreement so maybe this is why we havnt seen bell that much this preseason. moving bell to fullback? maybe it was a gimmick move by shanny to show he is elusive as well and not labled as "non blocking" runningback.

Slick
09-02-2007, 08:07 PM

Update: After spending most of the preseason at tailback, Sapp will enter the season as the team's No. 1 fullback after the surprising release of starter Kyle Johnson, the Denver Post reports.

Recommendation: Mike Bell has also shifted to fullback, where he will apparently either back up Sapp or be traded. Sapp was expected to be one of the front-runners to win the No. 2 tailback job, but that was ultimately won by undrafted rookie free agent Selvin Young after a strong camp.

looks like mike bell is going to end up as trade bait. and why shouldnt he? shanny has turned a profit into average running backs since the caveman invented the wheel. if we could get a 3rd or 4th then i would be stoked at this move. we are lacking good draft picks for next year.

rumor has it that a few teams are looking at bell. one is the packers and they might already have a verbel agreement so maybe this is why we havnt seen bell that much this preseason. moving bell to fullback? maybe it was a gimmick move by shanny to show he is elusive as well and not labled as "non blocking" runningback.

I think Sapp can do a more than adequate job at FB. I know we have some KJ fans here, I liked him too.

He can catch the flare passes and he showed skill at picking up the blitzers this pre season.

TXBRONC
09-02-2007, 08:07 PM

It been rumored that Green Bay was either looking to trade for a runningback from us or wait until one them got cut.

By the way isn't Rotowire a Fantasy Football site?

DenBronx
09-02-2007, 08:11 PM
It been rumored that Green Bay was either looking to trade for a runningback from us or wait until one them got cut.

maybe thats why we didnt cut bell. personally bell shouldnt be cut. i think he has a lot of upside with coming off an 8 touchdown season for a rookie.

now they'll have to trade.

dogfish
09-02-2007, 08:13 PM
with sapp and young both capable backups, i wouldn't mind seeing us recoup one of our missing draft picks next year by trading bell-- more picks is always good. . . we're light on picks right now, and we're going to need them. . .

DenBronx
09-02-2007, 08:15 PM
with sapp and young both capable backups, i wouldn't mind seeing us recoup one of our missing draft picks next year by trading bell-- more picks is always good. . . we're light on picks right now, and we're going to need them. . .

if its the packers then a 4th is basically a 3rd! :madgrin:

TXBRONC
09-02-2007, 08:17 PM

Funny thing, on BM I read where a couple guys were saying we can't get rid of Bell because that would leave no one with experience behind Henry. Well if that's case what do call last season? If Bell were to be trade there would wouldn't be a lot difference in the situation from last season.

Skinny
09-02-2007, 08:20 PM
Seen this a bit ago on Broncos Update. Says it was updated at 8:55

Green Bay Packers

Other Roster Moves: Claimed FB John Kuhn off waivers from Pittsburgh ... Reserved/Injured RB Noah Herron, S Tyrone Culver, LB Abdul Hodge, G Tyson Walter ... Traded an undisclosed draft pick to the Giants for RB Ryan Grant.They may be out of the running for Bell. Maybe not.

DenBronx
09-02-2007, 08:24 PM
Seen this a bit ago on Broncos Update. Says it was updated at 8:55

They may be out of the running for Bell. Maybe not.

i wonder what they gave up for him? im pretty sure bell would have been a better deal. i wonder who else needs a running back or are we just gonna hang onto bell and trade him after the season?

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
09-02-2007, 08:25 PM
you never know skinny

they like bronco backs.....who doesnt?

TXBRONC
09-02-2007, 08:25 PM
We'll be alright either way.

BigBroncLove
09-02-2007, 08:45 PM
I personally hope they hold onto Bell. Remember Cobbs last year? He had a pretty good running through the preseason as well, and while Young looks more versatile, he also has durability issues like Cobb (though decidedly less serious).

I think peopel are forgetting Bells potential, and I think he can still get the job done at RB. With Denvers running game, if Henry stays healthy, I think if Bell gets carries, or Young, eithers trade stock wil lsky rocket.

Personalyl though, I think this talk of him as trade bait is a little to early on for my liking, and chalk it all up to speculation at the moment. You never know with Shanny and company though, and even if Bell leaves, I do have high hopes for Young. I just hope we hold onto someone who remains proven and has faced 1st team defenses many times then a preseason smash.

Gotta trust Bobby Turner though....

TXBRONC
09-02-2007, 08:57 PM
I personally hope they hold onto Bell. Remember Cobbs last year? He had a pretty good running through the preseason as well, and while Young looks more versatile, he also has durability issues like Cobb (though decidedly less serious).

I think peopel are forgetting Bells potential, and I think he can still get the job done at RB. With Denvers running game, if Henry stays healthy, I think if Bell gets carries, or Young, eithers trade stock wil lsky rocket.

Personalyl though, I think this talk of him as trade bait is a little to early on for my liking, and chalk it all up to speculation at the moment. You never know with Shanny and company though, and even if Bell leaves, I do have high hopes for Young. I just hope we hold onto someone who remains proven and has faced 1st team defenses many times then a preseason smash.

I can't speak for everyone, but I haven't forgotten that Bell played solidly for us last season. But if Green Bay is in the market and want to trade then I think Shanahan and Sundquist at the very least consider it.

CinnaMunMun
09-02-2007, 09:28 PM

I agree BBL. It would be horrible if we traded Bell and later found out that Young turned out to be the next Cedric Cobbs (preseason hit, couldn't quite do it against NFL starters).

RunYouOver
09-02-2007, 09:41 PM
rumor has it that a few teams are looking at bell. one is the packers and they might already have a verbel agreement so maybe this is why we havnt seen bell that much this preseason. moving bell to fullback? maybe it was a gimmick move by shanny to show he is elusive as well and not labled as "non blocking" runningback.[/COLOR]

That's a great point.

Maybe we can get a 4th round pick for him.

Maybe.

TXBRONC
09-02-2007, 09:49 PM
That's a great point.

Maybe we can get a 4th round pick for him.

Maybe.

Here we are just seven days away from the start of the season and we still might have at least two big changes the roster.

broncosinindy
09-02-2007, 09:50 PM

I could be wrong here but Green Bay already made a trade for a back from the giants let me check into it.

Although i would trade Mike Bell and a Fourth or Fifth for Gabe Watson in Arizona. but then again i know that would never happen

Krugan
09-02-2007, 10:25 PM
I really dont think trading Bell at this point is in the Broncos best interest.

We dont know what we have behind Henry, and we dont know if henry will stay healthy.

I think Young could be the newest "find" but I wont be convinced until he runs against someone other than a rag tag backup group from Cleveland and Arizona.

Bell at least performed against starters last season.

TXBRONC
09-02-2007, 10:34 PM
I really don't think trading Bell at this point is in the Broncos best interest.

We don't know what we have behind Henry, and we don't know if Henry will stay healthy.

I think Young could be the newest "find" but I wont be convinced until he runs against someone other than a rag tag backup group from Cleveland and Arizona.

We didn't know what we had in M. Bell until the season started.

I've never been one to jump real fast onto a bandwagon, but if Green Bay was interested Bell or for that matter any of our other backs, I think they should at least to what would offer in trade.

DenBronx
09-02-2007, 10:54 PM
http://profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

BRONCOS TRYING TO TRADE BELL

Multiple league sources tell us that the Denver Broncos are trying to trade running back Mike Bell.

Bell was the starting tailback in 2006, at the start of the season. He was the No. 3 tailback until very recently. In the wake of the release of projected starting fullback Kyle Johnson, Bell and Cecil Sapp have been moved to fullback, with Sapp as the starter.

It's not known what the Broncos are seeking for Bell, or the teams to which they are talking

Lonestar
09-02-2007, 10:56 PM

We dont know what we have behind Henry, and we dont know if henry will stay healthy.

I suspect that Bell is more of an insurance policy than anything right now. Considering henry was dinged up in TC.

He proved last year he was able to handle the short yardage stuff as well as was above average RB as taters backup.

But rumor had it he did not study or participate as much as the powers to be thought he should. Now perhaps he will work himself back into the starting rotation so to speak or perhaps a trade. time will tell.

Crush05
09-02-2007, 11:18 PM

Young did go against Clevelands starters and made it look easy. That is why he is #2, as I have stated in other threads! Bell yes he is good but he lacks speed and goes down easily. Do not get me wrong I like the guy but if we can get something for him and have Selvin fill in better than him then do it!!

rcsodak
09-02-2007, 11:18 PM

Arizona had their starters in, in the last game, and Young did quite well against them.
I seem to remember a certain RB about 10yrs ago, with the initials TD, that wowed everbody in preseason....

...and another one after him.

It seems every year ya'll are freaking out about the newest runners, and every year, you're proven to be worryworts.

Chill out, already.......

.....geez.:cool:

Crush05
09-02-2007, 11:22 PM
Arizona had their starters in, in the last game, and Young did quite well against them.
I seem to remember a certain RB about 10yrs ago, with the initials TD, that wowed everbody in preseason....

It seems every year ya'll are freaking out about the newest runners, and every year, you're proven to be worryworts.

I like you!!!! :salute:

Krugan
09-02-2007, 11:33 PM
Didnt HAll get the majority of the carries against the Arizona starters?

Maybe not, im not sold on Young yet, although I do think he looks like a solid project.

And yes we didnt know about Bell last year, but you cant tell me you werent a tad bit concerned about our running game early last year as well :)

Crush05
09-02-2007, 11:36 PM
Didnt HAll get the majority of the carries against the Arizona starters?

Maybe not, im not sold on Young yet, although I do think he looks like a solid project.

And yes we didnt know about Bell last year, but you cant tell me you werent a tad bit concerned about our running game early last year as well :)

Just as you are about almost every position every year. We all worry! But this is why we love the game, for the unknown and the rush we get from the beginning of the season all the way up until we are out of the playoffs. Go Broncos!!!! 11-5 baby

Krugan
09-02-2007, 11:42 PM
Just as you are about almost every position every year. We all worry! But this is why we love the game, for the unknown and the rush we get from the beginning of the season all the way up until we are out of the playoffs. Go Broncos!!!! 11-5 baby

Ill give you that!

Late night, little sleep the night before, im more than likely just over thinking!

Crush05
09-02-2007, 11:43 PM
Ill give you that!

Late night, little sleep the night before, im more than likely just over thinking!

LOL all I am wishing for is a run int he playoffs and we can see what happens from there!!!:beer:

DenBronx
09-03-2007, 12:51 AM

thats doesnt mean that bell couldnt have put up a monster game against the cardinals.

sneakers
09-03-2007, 01:08 AM
I hope they don't trade Bell. I don't like all this running back turnover.

broncosfanscott
09-03-2007, 02:02 AM

I feel the same way. Bell proved last year what he can do during the season and should be kept. I know Henry is the starter, yet having MB in relief is nice.