PDA

View Full Version : Eric Decker: Demaryius Thomas is on a 'different level'

Denver Native (Carol)
03-05-2014, 05:26 PM
Eric Decker is Around The League's top-ranked wide receiver in free agency, but even he acknowledges he was never the best of Peyton Manning's options on the Denver Broncos.

"I think Demaryius Thomas is on a complete different level with his talent," Decker said Monday, via The Denver Post. "I think he's a top five-caliber receiver in this league. How it falls off from there, where you look at a receiver, I just try to be versatile and play all the positions. People might want to label me, but I don't want to put a label on myself."

Observers and analysts have been sticking labels on Decker since NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported last month that the Broncos and general manager John Elway view him as a No. 2 receiver who will likely be paid as a legitimate No. 1.

"I respect (Elway's) decision," Decker said. "Obviously, he has a philosophy in the way he does business. We'll see what it brings."

rest, plus video - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000330867/article/eric-decker-demaryius-thomas-is-on-a-different-level

Lancane
03-07-2014, 12:16 AM
Even Decker can see the writing on the wall.