PDA

View Full Version : NFL Player GREATNESS

artie_dale
03-05-2014, 08:41 AM
NFL = Ultimate Team Sport (more than MLB or NBA)

All non-QB player's "greatness" are graded by their production, not how many Super Bowl wins they have

But, for some reason, QB's are only graded by how many Super Bowls they have.

That approach never made any sense to me. Terry Bradshaw was surrounded by talent and won 4 Super Bowls, but a lot of people are hesitant to give him the kind of credit they give Joe Montana. And the fact that Joe Montana seemed to win Super Bowls fairly easy, the fact that he had the greatest NFL player in history (in my eyes), Jerry Rice, no credit is ever given to Jerry Rice, it all always goes to Joe Montana. BUT, that logic is the opposite when it comes to giving John Elway credit because they say John Elway could get the Broncos their on his back, but he needed more help around him in order to win it all. I tend to see things more black & white and what I see is production, production, production. To me, Super Bowls are always won by the BETTER TEAM. It drives me nuts that Tom Brady is given full credit for NE's Super Bowl wins when it was obvious he had great coaching and was surround by a good team and guys like Peyton get the shaft for not winning and gets most of the criticism for not winning.

This last Super Bowl, the whole team played so poorly (defense played well enough for Seattle to not run away with it early) that I can't help but blame the coaching staff. They just didn't seem prepared at all.

Am I making any sense (I hope I communicated my thoughts well enough).

Thoughts?

atwater27
03-06-2014, 08:33 AM
Couldn't agree more Mr. Dale.

Northman
03-06-2014, 08:54 AM
Unfortunately, when it comes to QB's thats how it is viewed and graded upon. It will never change.

atwater27
03-06-2014, 09:01 AM
The question is, do you, as a fan, give a shit what the general public ( who are typically morons) think about your favorite team or favorite players? I don't. Just read the first 5 or 10 comments on any sports story and you realize the dimwits you are dealing with in the court of public opinion are not worth legitimizing.

artie_dale
03-06-2014, 09:47 AM
The question is, do you, as a fan, give a shit what the general public ( who are typically morons) think about your favorite team or favorite players? I don't. Just read the first 5 or 10 comments on any sports story and you realize the dimwits you are dealing with in the court of public opinion are not worth legitimizing.

I hear ya. I do care more about the people I know and their opinion. Unfortunately, when it comes to certain topics (in this case the NFL), they tend to go with the flow of what these so called professional analyst preach.