PDA

View Full Version : Where Will Eric Decker Sign?

Buff
03-04-2014, 09:39 PM
I think one of two things will happen:

1.) He finds a relatively soft market due to the deep draft and Denver feels comfortable signing him at the market value of $6-7M.

2.) Someone like SD or KC or NE won't mind giving him a little extra to help themselves and deplete our roster at the same time. (call this the Welker Plan)

G_Money
03-04-2014, 10:00 PM
I'm currently guessing Carolina, depending on what happens with Steve Smith and Decker's final price. God knows they need a receiver, probably more than one. They could pay Decker AND draft a WR with a high pick.

~G

BroncoWave
03-04-2014, 10:05 PM
My guess is Tennessee. He can be the #1 WR, and his wife can be in the capital of country music which I'm sure would be great for her career. It's a win-win for both of them.

shank
03-04-2014, 10:06 PM
you can tell that he smells by the way he looks.

WTE
03-04-2014, 10:13 PM
Eric Decker is nothing more than a #3 receiver. He needs an elite passing game to be marginally effective. You don't give a number 3 the kind of money he's looking for. IMO, he will remained unsigned for some time and will eventually not get much more than 5 ml a yr avg.

DenBronx
03-04-2014, 10:33 PM
Eric Decker is nothing more than a #3 receiver. He needs an elite passing game to be marginally effective. You don't give a number 3 the kind of money he's looking for. IMO, he will remained unsigned for some time and will eventually not get much more than 5 ml a yr avg.

Good. Then the Broncos can re-sign his ass at 5 mill.

You will laugh now but cry later when we smack NE again.

MOtorboat
03-04-2014, 11:39 PM
I'm thoroughly convinced he ends up in New England.

Buff
03-04-2014, 11:43 PM

Do you really think that or are you just trolling WTE?

MOtorboat
03-04-2014, 11:45 PM
Do you really think that or are you just trolling WTE?

I think Belicheck is trolling the Broncos. Seriously. I think he does shit like that, like an internet troll.

Buff
03-04-2014, 11:47 PM
I think Belicheck is trolling the Broncos. Seriously. I think he does shit like that, like an internet troll.

I think it would make actually make a ton of sense for them and wouldn't surprise me at all. They have a need, and the Welker thing obviously bothered him.

MOtorboat
03-04-2014, 11:50 PM
I think it would make actually make a ton of sense for them and wouldn't surprise me at all. They have a need, and the Welker thing obviously bothered him.

Exactly.

NightTerror218
03-05-2014, 12:31 AM
Indy IMO. They have cap space and need a WR in near future. And they have shown interest

dogfish
03-05-2014, 02:14 AM
he could fit a number of places, honestly. . . carolina's a nice fit-- i think other teams have more cap space to be aggressive, though, after the panthers tagged hardy. . . i'd probably say indy is the most likely destination. . .

but naturally, i had to vote "hoes is a dirtback" out of nostalgia. . .

Lancane
03-05-2014, 02:47 AM
I think he'll have a number of suitors to be honest, in the end I see Tennessee, Houston, Dallas, Kansas City, St. Louis, Indianapolis, Carolina and Jacksonville being the more intriguing to him and his wife. It's possible that New Orleans, Minnesota and Washington get in the mix.

elsid13
03-05-2014, 05:15 AM
I think the real question is: will Buff and MO continue to watch "Eric and Jessie: Game On", once Decker is wearing a different uniform?

Northman
03-05-2014, 05:29 AM
I think he plays it smart and stays in Denver. But, if he chooses to leave i can see him ending up in Indy, Bmore, or New England.

WTE
03-05-2014, 07:42 AM

I would think Belichick views Decker as a guy who is increasingly becoming more concerned w/ his reality show and stardom than his football career. He already has to answer enough questions about Gronk's personal life and party boy lifestyle, I doubt he would want another social butterfly.

broncofaninfla
03-05-2014, 09:08 AM
I can see the Vikings make a run at him, he's still very popular in Minnesota and it's a postion of need.

Buff
03-05-2014, 10:42 AM
I can see the Vikings make a run at him, he's still very popular in Minnesota and it's a postion of need.

I hadn't really considered the Vikings. That would be a pretty good fit assuming they find a QB. They already have a #1 in Patterson, so Decker would be a nice complement.

Buff
03-05-2014, 10:42 AM
I would think Belichick views Decker as a guy who is increasingly becoming more concerned w/ his reality show and stardom than his football career. He already has to answer enough questions about Gronk's personal life and party boy lifestyle, I doubt he would want another social butterfly.

The Patriots have never seen a #3 WR they didn't like!

WTE
03-05-2014, 10:54 AM
The Patriots have never seen a #3 WR they didn't like!

Andre Caldwell is just as good as Decker in the Patriots system.

Buff
03-05-2014, 10:59 AM
Andre Caldwell is just as good as Decker in the Patriots system.

BB has brainwashed you into believing talent doesn't matter.

WTE
03-05-2014, 11:04 AM
BB has brainwashed you into believing talent doesn't matter.

I've seen Jabar Gaffney with my own eyes.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-05-2014, 11:14 AM
I've seen Jabar Gaffney with my own eyes.

Gaffney had close to a thousand yards in Denver. He was a solid #2 for a while.

TXBRONC
03-05-2014, 11:18 AM
Gaffney had close to a thousand yards in Denver. He was a solid #2 for a while.

Not really. Gaffney was better suited a 3rd option at best. Big deal he had nearly a 1,000 he only had 2 touchdowns that year. In fact he only had 4 total in his career as a Bronco. Only twice in 11 seasons Gaffeny has has more than two touchdowns in a season.

tubby
03-05-2014, 11:50 AM
I find it laughable that since Riley Cooper got $5M per year from PHI, some people have the market for Decker now set....in stone....like morons.

Maclin signed for 1 year $3.5M. He is arguable better than both great white hype.

MOtorboat
03-05-2014, 11:53 AM
I find it laughable that since Riley Cooper got $5M per year from PHI, some people have the market for Decker now set....in stone....like morons.

Maclin signed for 1 year $3.5M. He is arguable better than both great white hype.

Maclin signed for $6 for 1 with 500,000 of that as a bonus for staying healthy.

tubby
03-05-2014, 11:58 AM
Maclin signed for $6 for 1 with 500,000 of that as a bonus for staying healthy.

How much was guaranteed? 3.5

Maclin's contract is worth a maximum of $6 million, a person who's seen the deal tells NFL Media's Albert Breer. Of that $6 million, the guaranteed portion is $3.5 million, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported.

Buff
03-05-2014, 11:59 AM

That's how contract negotiations work in the NFL. One free agent signs and the other agents with players at that position work off of that number.

TXBRONC
03-05-2014, 12:04 PM

Tub no one is saying the market is set in stone. However, if Cooper can get $5 million per year I don't see how Decker wouldn't get more than that because I believe he is hands down a better receiver.

I don't know how Maclin is better than Decker or even Cooper since he can't stay healthy.

MOtorboat
03-05-2014, 12:20 PM
Marlin got $6 with $3.5 guaranteed for one year.
Cooper got $25 for 5 with $10 guaranteed, so $5 and $2 per if averaged.
Boldin got $12 with $9 guaranteed, that's $6 million and $4.5 million per year.

Decker substantially outperformed all three the last two seasons. I don't see why Decker won't receive a substantially higher amount, say $8 or $9 for four years with say $15-20 guaranteed.

WTE
03-05-2014, 12:21 PM
I would have taken Cooper over Decker in NE.

Lancane
03-05-2014, 12:22 PM
Marlin got $6 with $3.5 guaranteed for one year.

Decker substantially outperformed all three the last two seasons. I don't see why Decker won't receive a substantially higher amount, say $8 or $9 for four years with say $15-20 guaranteed.

I concur, he'll receive more...just not here in Denver.

Lancane
03-05-2014, 12:23 PM

Decker > Almost the entire New England roster, give Tom Brady.

tubby
03-05-2014, 12:24 PM
marlin got $6 with $3.5 guaranteed for one year.

Decker substantially outperformed all three the last two seasons. I don't see why decker won't receive a substantially higher amount, say $8 or $9 for four years with say $15-20 guaranteed.

pfm

CoachChaz
03-05-2014, 12:26 PM

Cooper at 5 mil or Decker at 7-8 mil...

...give me Cooper

tubby
03-05-2014, 12:27 PM
That's how contract negotiations work in the NFL. One free agent signs and the other agents with players at that position work off of that number.

Maybe in Oakland.

There are many more factors in FA. It's not like they are slotting draft pics.

WTE
03-05-2014, 12:34 PM
I like the Cooper's vertical game. He can stretch the field better than the reality TV star.

NightTerror218
03-05-2014, 12:39 PM
I think he'll have a number of suitors to be honest, in the end I see Tennessee, Houston, Dallas, Kansas City, St. Louis, Indianapolis, Carolina and Jacksonville being the more intriguing to him and his wife. It's possible that New Orleans, Minnesota and Washington get in the mix.

He is a home grown Minnesota boy too

Ravage!!!
03-05-2014, 03:17 PM

Maclin supposedly has more talent since he was drafted higher out of Missouri, but hasn't proved it in the NFL. Decker has proved it in the NFL. It's ironic that you call them the "white hype" when ALLL Maclin has been, so far, is hype. He hasn't shown diddly on the field and yet you want to claim he has more "talent?" That's the mere definition of 'hype.'

Ravage!!!
03-05-2014, 03:19 PM
I like the Cooper's vertical game. He can stretch the field better than the reality TV star.

I guess your GMs think the same way, which is why you guys haven't had good WRs in NE.

OrangeHoof
03-05-2014, 08:31 PM
I voted New England. I could see Belichick doing that just to spite Welker.

Lancane
03-05-2014, 11:28 PM
I said Dallas, I could easily see Decker being on Jerry Jones' list of must have players. Especially give his off-field nature, Miles Austin has been a huge disappointment for the Cowboys since getting his big contract, even if they part with him they'll only gain a million but lose over 7 mil. But I also expect Dallas to make some big moves to free up money across the board. Houston will also likely be in the mix, Johnson is no spring chicken and the rest of the offense is ailing, Decker gives their next quarterback a secondary target who would be a security blanket in the middle.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-05-2014, 11:48 PM
I said Dallas, I could easily see Decker being on Jerry Jones' list of must have players. Especially give his off-field nature, Miles Austin has been a huge disappointment for the Cowboys since getting his big contract, even if they part with him they'll only gain a million but lose over 7 mil. But I also expect Dallas to make some big moves to free up money across the board. Houston will also likely be in the mix, Johnson is no spring chicken and the rest of the offense is ailing, Decker gives their next quarterback a secondary target who would be a security blanket in the middle.

Dallas doesn't even have the cap space to sign.future rookies right now.They have to make additional cuts just to sign their draft picks this year.

Lancane
03-06-2014, 12:03 AM
Dallas doesn't even have the cap space to sign.future rookies right now.They have to make additional cuts just to sign their draft picks this year.

They'll trim the fat Al, Jerry Jones may be a nutter, but he's the Donald Trump of Texas, if he wants it, he'll make the room for it.

Simple Jaded
03-06-2014, 12:11 AM
I'd actually pay money to see Decker play on that old Eagles turf.

Edmonton Bronco Fan (2)
03-06-2014, 02:59 PM
Denver.

DenBronx
03-06-2014, 09:23 PM
Decker going to Dallas makes zero sense.

Lancane
03-06-2014, 10:59 PM
Decker going to Dallas makes zero sense.

Neither does Jerry Jones, see a perfect fit....

Okay, on a serious note, Jones wants to see Romo succeed, Austin hasn't lived up to the paycheck he is receiving and I could see Jones all over Decker because A) He's a good ol' boy, 2) his wife is a country star and 3) could you imagine how dangerous the Cowboys would be with Bryant and Decker starting opposite one another?

elsid13
03-10-2014, 04:30 AM
Neither does Jerry Jones, see a perfect fit....

Okay, on a serious note, Jones wants to see Romo succeed, Austin hasn't lived up to the paycheck he is receiving and I could see Jones all over Decker because A) He's a good ol' boy, 2) his wife is a country star and 3) could you imagine how dangerous the Cowboys would be with Bryant and Decker starting opposite one another?

Cowboys are 2M under the cap and the penalties from cutting Ware and Austin would cripple them next season. If they wait one season all those contracts go away.

Lancane
03-10-2014, 05:29 AM
Cowboys are 2M under the cap and the penalties from cutting Ware and Austin would cripple them next season. If they wait one season all those contracts go away.

Elsid, cutting Demarcus Ware would free up about 8 million this season, he's due 16.5 and the dead would be about or around 8.5, if they cut Austin they only save a million, but Austin will be hard pressed for teams to take him serious with the snowballing he gave the Cowboys in the first place. And those contract obligations don't go away next year, Ware is signed through 2017 and 5 million in dead would count against the cap next year but they'll save an additional 12 million. While Austin is signed through 2016, 2017 originally but the final year is optional, next year they'd save about 4 mil with him off the roster. There are other cuts the team could make, Cowboys are one of the worst when it comes to player contracts and overpaying individuals. I could see it, I am not saying it makes fiscal sense for the Cowboys, but Jerry Jones is if anything, eccentric.

MOtorboat
03-11-2014, 02:18 AM
Former agent: Decker in line for more than $10 mil per year:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24476911/agents-take-calculating-2014-nfl-free-agent-target-prices

BroncoJoe
03-11-2014, 07:56 AM
Hoes is a dirtbag.

I don't know about the other options.

SR
03-11-2014, 08:10 AM
McFadden makes me curious. Obviously we all know about his injury concerns, but if KnoMo leaves, would it be worth the risk to bring in DMC to see what he's got? He would be a nice compliment to Ball should Moreno leave.

Northman
03-11-2014, 08:58 AM
Uh no. Dude really cant stay on the field.

CoachChaz
03-11-2014, 09:34 AM
Wouldnt be surprised to see Detroit to take a shot at him. Not sure about the Colts as they have work they need to do in other places.

dogfish
03-11-2014, 10:46 AM
cleveland, the jets, giants, dolphins, titans afer they cut CJ, maybe the cardinals. . . they all need backs worse than we do-- let one of them roll the dice on that gimpy bum. . . i think this market may well bring knowshon back to us at a reasonable price, and i'll take him over that raider trash any day. . . if not, gimme sproles for a year or two, or pierre thomas if they release him as well. . .

Lancane
03-11-2014, 11:42 AM
I'd take a chance on Rolando McClain who is un-retiring and looking for a fresh start, we need a mike linebacker, he's still quite young and if he could live up to his potential it could be a huge win for Denver.

CoachChaz
03-11-2014, 11:51 AM
I'd take a chance on Rolando McClain who is un-retiring and looking for a fresh start, we need a mike linebacker, he's still quite young and if he could live up to his potential it could be a huge win for Denver.

He never lived up to half of his potential. I'm not spending money to see if he had some sort of epiphany

chazoe60
03-11-2014, 11:54 AM
I think Decker will sign with whoever has the smoothest running surface. :D

topscribe
03-11-2014, 11:58 AM
I haven't read the entire thread, but it seems one factor is missing here in this
discussion: Peyton Manning. Peyton said that it takes a couple years to really
get to know a receiver. He has a lot of confidence in Decker, and I don't
believe he wants a major change in his receiving corps.

As a former QB, Elway knows exactly where Peyton is coming from. So I believe
he will go to extra lengths to try to keep Decker in Denver. I wouldn't bet the
farm on it, but when all is said and done, it will not surprise me at all if Decker
is again in a Broncos uniform this year.

Buff
03-11-2014, 12:25 PM
I haven't read the entire thread, but it seems one factor is missing here in this
discussion: Peyton Manning. Peyton said that it takes a couple years to really
get to know a receiver. He has a lot of confidence in Decker, and I don't
believe he wants a major change in his receiving corps.

As a former QB, Elway knows exactly where Peyton is coming from. So I believe
he will go to extra lengths to try to keep Decker in Denver. I wouldn't bet the
farm on it, but when all is said and done, it will not surprise me at all if Decker
is again in a Broncos uniform this year.

This has been my position as well. Peyton likes him - he is young and productive... I think we want to retain him, but it will come down to how much other teams are willing to overpay. As I've been saying, I think he signs with us if it's around $6-7 million per year... If he gets $8-10 per year then he is gone.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-12-2014, 10:29 AM
The wide-receiver market was quiet on a wild first day of free agency. The New York Jets were equally as silent.

The silence could end soon.

Top free-agent receiver Eric Decker will meet with the Jets on Wednesday, NFL Media's Kimberly Jones reported. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport later added New York will get a visit from offensive tackle Breno Giacomini, too.

rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000333276/article/eric-decker-to-visit-new-york-jets

Buff
03-12-2014, 10:31 AM
Adam Schefter said on Mike and Mike he thinks Decker will get "more than $6 million per season." Which we kind of assumed. But still just don't see him getting near that $10 mil/yr number.

Northman
03-12-2014, 10:42 AM
Adam Schefter said on Mike and Mike he thinks Decker will get "more than $6 million per season." Which we kind of assumed. But still just don't see him getting near that $10 mil/yr number.

Yea, who knows though. Some teams get very desperate and will fork out a fortune in hopes that said player can be a difference maker.

DenBronx
03-12-2014, 10:48 AM
If Decker gets 6 mill then ill be pissed we didnt sign him. Especially after making it rain for Talib.

Now, I said a couple of days ago that I didnt see Decker going to Dallas. After they cut Ware and Austin being the odd man out it might just be a landing spot for him afterall. The Colts or Pats would be real dumb not to go after him. Bet Decker gets a deal by the end of tonight...:(

Northman
03-12-2014, 10:54 AM
If Decker gets 6 mill then ill be pissed we didnt sign him. Especially after making it rain for Talib.

Now, I said a couple of days ago that I didnt see Decker going to Dallas. After they cut Ware and Austin being the odd man out it might just be a landing spot for him afterall. The Colts or Pats would be real dumb not to go after him. Bet Decker gets a deal by the end of tonight...:(

Yea, i have a feeling he will be gone especially if we get a guy like Ware or Allen. But, if we do land one of those guys it will sting a little less to see Decker go even though he is my current favorite Bronco. But, we really do need to find a balance on this team as right now its far too offensive heavy and we need some ballers/playmakers on defense.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-12-2014, 09:17 PM
@VicLombardi said:
RT @RichCimini: Oh, by the way, on the Eric Decker front: He's still in NJ, having dinner with #Jets personnel. Jets making push to sign WR.

Posted from Tweetings

Dzone
03-12-2014, 09:25 PM
Yes, NY makes sense. Will be great for his TV and modeling career.

turftoad
03-12-2014, 09:25 PM
@VicLombardi said:
RT @RichCimini: Oh, by the way, on the Eric Decker front: He's still in NJ, having dinner with #Jets personnel. Jets making push to sign WR.

Posted from Tweetings

He'll be great with Gino tossing him the ball. Sarcasm. This will however, be the biggest contrct he signs during his career. The one after the rookie one usually are. So....... He's got to WATCH out for his family, as he says.

I do like him and hope he stays, but I think we all know better.

CrazyHorse
03-12-2014, 09:27 PM
Damn it! Cut Dreesen/Tamme and try to re-sign him for $6-7 Million!

Runamok
03-12-2014, 09:47 PM
Jets.

turftoad
03-12-2014, 10:03 PM
Jets.

Are you even a Bronco fan?

chazoe60
03-12-2014, 10:08 PM
No, he's not.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
03-12-2014, 10:16 PM

He's a Pats fan

Dzone
03-12-2014, 10:31 PM
Bubba is going to surprise people next year and decker will be mediocre in ny

DenBronx
03-12-2014, 10:50 PM
Decker signs with Jets per Lacanfora

Edmonton Bronco Fan (2)
03-12-2014, 10:52 PM
I was always hoping the Broncos would make an effort to re-sign him. Won't lie, I'm a little disappointed.

Best of luck in NY, Deck.

tomjonesrocks
03-12-2014, 10:53 PM
I was always hoping the Broncos would make an effort to re-sign him. Won't lie, I'm a little disappointed. Best of luck in NY, Deck.

What are the numbers?

MOtorboat
03-12-2014, 10:53 PM
Thought he'd get more.

Vick will be throwing him passes.

Buff
03-12-2014, 10:54 PM
So he ends up getting ~$7 per year... Which I think makes me more right than MO, and therefore happy.

MOtorboat
03-12-2014, 10:54 PM
What are the numbers?

5 years, $36 mil

DenBronx
03-12-2014, 10:55 PM
5 years 35 mill.

Averages to 7 mill with only 15 guaranteed.

You mean we couldnt have released Tamme to keep him??? Freakin pissed off!!

MOtorboat
03-12-2014, 10:56 PM
So he ends up getting ~$7 per year... Which I think makes me more right than MO, and therefore happy.

No problem admitting I was wrong.

Buff
03-12-2014, 10:57 PM
No problem admitting I was wrong.

I'm more interested in you admitting I was right.

MOtorboat
03-12-2014, 10:58 PM
I'm more interested in you admitting I was right.

Dear Buff,

You were right about Eric Decker's future salary.

Sincerely,
MO

dogfish
sorry, den. . . i think it's pretty clear that elway never wanted to keep him, regardless of the numbers. . . we never made any effort. . . we're getting tougher this off-season, and decker's soft. . . the duke wants guys who will respond next time we get punched in the mouth. . .

i did enjoy watching the guy play here, and wish him good luck-- on the field, he's going to need it going to that dumpster fire. . .

DenBronx
Broncos should have offered him a two year Welker type deal.

So in the end we bring in Welker but lose a guy whos put up insane numbers the past two years. Awesome just awesome.

DenBronx
03-12-2014, 10:59 PM
sorry, den. . . i think it's pretty clear that elway never wanted to keep him, regardless of the numbers. . . we never made any effort. . . we're getting tougher this off-season, and decker's soft. . . the duke wants guys who will respond next time we get punched in the mouth. . .

i did enjoy watching the guy play here, and wish him good luck-- on the field, he's going to need it going to that dumpster fire. . .

Shut

Up

tomjonesrocks
03-12-2014, 10:59 PM
Seems low guaranteed. Interesting that Denver was so aloof on him.

GEM
03-12-2014, 11:00 PM
Gotta get some firewood, have a jersey that needs ti be burned. Not about the money, eh? Haha! Have fun losing.

Good luck, deck.

chazoe60
03-12-2014, 11:00 PM
Going to NY is an absolutely horrid decision by Decker in terms of the future of his career. Terrible choice.

MOtorboat
03-12-2014, 11:01 PM
Gotta get some firewood, have a jersey that needs ti be burned. Not about the money, eh? Haha! Have fun losing.

Good luck, deck.

At what he got from the Jets it doesn't appear it was about money. He signed on the first contract he was offered instead of trying to negotiate it up.

Buff
D. Thomas is going to break the bank next year... Same with J. Thomas. We can only commit so much future money to pass catchers.

DenBronx

Good luck, deck.

It wasnt Decker though. Bet he would have even took a little less to stay.

We never offeres him a deal. :(

silkamilkamonico
03-12-2014, 11:02 PM
Thank god this f'n circus is done.

And btw, rumors are Denver didn't even bother contacting him once during the process. They obviously know better that he isn't necessary for this team to win a SuperBowl.

MOtorboat
03-12-2014, 11:03 PM
Going to NY is an absolutely horrid decision by Decker in terms of the future of his career. Terrible choice.

I'm sure he and his good looking wife have a future in case Vick to Decker doesn't turn out to be that efficient. What better place to do that than New York (I'll give you L.A., but L.A. Doesn't have a team...).

MileHighCrew
I like Decker, but all in all I think the Broncos are way on top with their signings compared to loses so far. I'm also glad he followed the money to a crappy NY Jets team rather than going to Indy or somewhere that he could have been a key part of a team that we might face in the playoffs

DenBronx
Suprised NE didnt go for him.

silkamilkamonico

Good luck, deck.

Denver didn't even contact him once, let alone offer him any kind of a deal. Don't think he had a choice in the matter regarding Denver.

Buff

No such thing as a horrid decision that results in a $15M guaranteed contract.

tomjonesrocks

Guess we will see. The Colts would seem on the surface much more appealing.

Wonder how much his SB performance added to Denver's obvious disinterest.

silkamilkamonico
Suprised NE didnt go for him.

They know better

chazoe60
03-12-2014, 11:04 PM
Thank god this f'n circus is done.

And btw, rumors are Denver didn't even bother contacting him once during the process. They obviously know better that he isn't necessary for this team to win a SuperBowl.
What Circus?

silkamilkamonico
03-12-2014, 11:04 PM
Guess we will see. The Colts would seem on the surface much more appealing.

Wonder how much his SB performance added to Denver's obvious disinterest.

I don't think as much as the more obvious doorstops in the way, the 2 Thomas's, those are the guys we want to keep around, not Decker.

silkamilkamonico
03-12-2014, 11:07 PM
What Circus?

This thread for one. Decker's a good player, I appreciate everything he's done in Denver, and I wish him well in NY. But Denver as more pressing needs then him.

MOtorboat
03-12-2014, 11:08 PM
This thread for one. Decker's a good player, I appreciate everything he's done in Denver, and I wish him well in NY. But Denver as more pressing needs then him.

This thread is a circus?

Wut?

DenBronx
Decker was never a circus....not even once.

chazoe60

This thread hardly qualifies as a circus.

GEM
03-12-2014, 11:09 PM
Thats why I hate being a fan of player, every time, they end up gone. I keep saying I am going to get a meck or a d. Smith jersey so I dont end up having to burn it, then I go and buy a current one again. Blah!

DenBronx
03-12-2014, 11:10 PM
Looks like Decker and Moreno are the scapegoats for us getting beat like a drum 43-8.

tomjonesrocks
03-12-2014, 11:10 PM
Williams Jewelers needs a new spokesman :(

dogfish
03-12-2014, 11:11 PM

Good luck, deck.

really? you're gonna get mad at the dude for "leaving," when he never had an option to stay? what's he supposed to do, just retire if he can't play in denver?

:laugh:

MOtorboat
03-12-2014, 11:12 PM
Looks like Decker and Moreno are the scapegoats for us getting beat like a drum 43-8.

Hell no. This means that running back and wide receiver weren't the problem. The defense was. I'm not even sure how that crossed your mind.

DenBronx
03-12-2014, 11:14 PM
Anyhow....yeah sad that we couldnt make it work but hard to stay that way when we just got Talib, Ward and Ware.

Not high on Caldwell so hope we draft a WR by the end of round 4 and maybe get 1 last bargain basement FA WR like Kenny Britt. High upside there...very physical WR.

silkamilkamonico
03-12-2014, 11:15 PM

I'm not really sure they were scapegoated - Elway knew, especially from the SuperBowl result, that offense wasn't going to win, and it would have done no good to try to keep the offense together at the continued expense of the defense. Decker and Moreno weren't cut they just weren't resigned so Elway could allocate that money to defense. I love what he's done via free agency. I'm not really sure how someone could not at this point.

DenBronx
03-12-2014, 11:17 PM
Shit, might as well just let Julius Thomas play WR and Dreesen be the pass catching TE.

silkamilkamonico
Hell no. This means that running back and wide receiver weren't the problem. The defense was. I'm not even sure how that crossed your mind.

In the SuperBowl? The defense kept Denver in the game as the offense kept stumbling drive after drive in the first half. I do think with the benefit of hindsight of the season the defense was a problem, but more so IMHO because of the injuries.

I'm confused by the constant hard-ons for Kenny Britt.

We need a number 2, but I don't see why he would be the answer

CrazyHorse
03-12-2014, 11:18 PM

Low risk high reward.

I can't believe we didn't try to offer Decker anything with almost $10 million left under the cap.

MOtorboat
03-12-2014, 11:19 PM
In the SuperBowl? The defense kept Denver in the game as the offense kept stumbling drive after drive in the first half. I do think with the benefit of hindsight of the season the defense was a problem, but more so IMHO because of the injuries.

Like I have said repeatedly. Elway isn't stupid enough to make knee jerk signings after the Super Bowl. He made the right moves, which was defense, to give the team more balance and more toughness on the defensive side of the ball. Build a defense more like Seattle's, not to overreact and spend big on offense because the offense had one bad game.

silkamilkamonico
03-12-2014, 11:20 PM
Shit, might as well just let Julius Thomas play WR and Dreesen be the pass catching TE.

Hell no you keep him in an Antonio Gates like role, only unlike Gates and San Diego, you have DThomas out on the outside as well. Can't double both of them with Manning playing QB.

silkamilkamonico
03-12-2014, 11:21 PM
Like I have said repeatedly. Elway isn't stupid enough to make knee jerk signings after the Super Bowl. He made the right moves, which was defense, to give the team more balance and more toughness on the defensive side of the ball. Build a defense more like Seattle's, not to overreact and spend big on offense because the offense had one bad game.

Yea I completely agree, which was why Decker, for as good as he was, wasn't even considered as an option to bring back.

DenBronx
03-12-2014, 11:21 PM

Have you ever seen him play when hes not suspensed? Also look whos been throwing to him. The Titans have been trash.

He is like a Brandon Marshall. Give him a real QB and on an offense like Denver and I bet the dude explodes.

Cheap cheap 1 yr rental that all. He screws up hes gone. Just like we gave DRC a chance last year we could do then same at the WR position.

GEM
03-12-2014, 11:22 PM
really? you're gonna get mad at the dude for "leaving," when he never had an option to stay? what's he supposed to do, just retire if he can't play in denver?

Not really, I am lashing out because my choice in jerseys getting burned is kicking my ass. :laugh: I have to be mad at someone and I cant find it in my heart to be angry at my broncos. :lol:

MOtorboat
03-12-2014, 11:25 PM
Not really, I am lashing out because my choice in jerseys getting burned is kicking my ass. :laugh: I have top be nad at someone and I cant find it in my geat top be angry at my broncos. :lol:

I agree. It's too bad that Jay Cutler is such a douchebag,

:)

dogfish
03-12-2014, 11:27 PM
Have you ever seen him play when hes not suspended?

has anyone? :noidea:

GEM
03-12-2014, 11:29 PM
I agree. It's too bad that Jay Cutler is such a douchebag,

:)

burned a couple of those. :lol: Royal too.

03-12-2014, 11:29 PM
Have you ever seen him play when hes not suspensed? Also look whos been throwing to him. The Titans have been trash.

He is like a Brandon Marshall. Give him a real QB and on an offense like Denver and I bet the dude explodes.

Cheap cheap 1 yr rental that all. He screws up hes gone. Just like we gave DRC a chance last year we could do then same at the WR position.

Yes, I've watched him play . . . two years ago when he still had knees.

Runamok
03-13-2014, 12:03 PM
Decker signs with Jets per Lacanfora

Wow. Did anyone see this coming?

I mean, besides me. :coffee:

BigDaddyBronco
03-13-2014, 12:09 PM
burned a couple of those. :lol: Royal too.

Sounds like we have another traveling jersey opportunity.....

LawDog
03-13-2014, 02:48 PM
Wow. Did anyone see this coming?

I mean, besides me. :coffee:

Other than this thread, where you posted after it was announced that he was visiting NYJ, where exactly did you make this call?

sneakers
03-13-2014, 03:14 PM
5 years 35 mill.

Averages to 7 mill with only 15 guaranteed.

You mean we couldnt have released Tamme to keep him??? Freakin pissed off!!

his goose was cooked as soon as the broncos extenteded caldwell

Ravage!!!
03-13-2014, 04:33 PM
his goose was cooked as soon as the broncos extenteded caldwell

Uhmm.. no. Caldwell had NOTHING to do with Decker.

Dzone
03-13-2014, 04:53 PM
Decker is ok, but will be more sad if/when Knowshon signs elsewhere...He won a lot of fans with how he saved his career

Ravage!!!
03-13-2014, 05:12 PM
Decker is ok, but will be more sad if/when Knowshon signs elsewhere...He won a lot of fans with how he saved his career

I personally will miss Decker more than Moreno.

Northman
03-13-2014, 05:54 PM
I personally will miss Decker more than Moreno.

If you would asked me 10 months ago i would of agreed without hesitation. But KnowMo's play this year was a joy to watch and i have found a new respect for him and was very proud the way he played this year. I think he can be replaced but for sentimental reasons would kind of hate to see him go just like watching Deck move on kind of sucked. It is what it is.

Ravage!!!
03-13-2014, 05:58 PM
If you would asked me 10 months ago i would of agreed without hesitation. But KnowMo's play this year was a joy to watch and i have found a new respect for him and was very proud the way he played this year. I think he can be replaced but for sentimental reasons would kind of hate to see him go just like watching Deck move on kind of sucked. It is what it is.

I agree in the sense that my respect for Moreno grew, but Decker has been solid his entire career here. RBs are easily replaced, and Decker has proved to be better at his position than Moreno is at his....thus... it bothers me more to see a Decker go compared to a Moreno.

Plus, I'm getting more pumped for Ball. Towards the end of the year, he started to really come along.

Runamok
03-13-2014, 07:55 PM
Other than this thread, where you posted after it was announced that he was visiting NYJ, where exactly did you make this call?

Hey, I logged in, after a two-three week hiatus, and saw the poll. Then I voted and posted where I knew he was going to end up. Wasn't even a choice in the poll. Hadn't even read that he was scheduled to visit....didn't need to, because I knew where he was going to sign.

Believe what you want.

Terrible move by the Jets, BTW. Deck won't have Manning throwing balls to him next year, and he will probably be exposed.