PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Browner

DenBronx
03-04-2014, 08:01 PM
He was just reinstated by the NFL. This would be a high risk but high reward investment. He knows Seattles defense and is a big time play maker. Teams will offer him incentive based contracts because of his troubles but could help our secondary out alot!

He might still have to serve 3 or 4 games and might not have to serve at all but might also come at a bargain. Yes...one failed drug test and hes gone but what other bang for your buck can we get. Hes now a free agent.

DRC, Browner and Harris at nickle??

NightTerror218
03-04-2014, 08:08 PM
Time to combine threads. I posted one a lol bit ago in FA.

DenBronx
03-04-2014, 08:12 PM
Sorry, on a cell and didnt navigate to FA.

But great minds think alike! :)

NightTerror218
03-04-2014, 08:23 PM
Exactly

DenBronx
03-04-2014, 09:23 PM
Thinking a 1 year prove it deal like we did with DRC would be great. Bet Seattle retains him though if thats the case.

SF and NE could also use him.

NightTerror218
03-04-2014, 11:31 PM
Thinking a 1 year prove it deal like we did with DRC would be great. Bet Seattle retains him though if thats the case.

SF and NE could also use him.

Seattle cut him

Lancane
03-05-2014, 06:03 AM
I personally wouldn't mind seeing Browner coming here, even if he got a short-term contract for a few years, the team can set up caution clauses to protect themselves in case he violates league policy. One problem is that if he did, the league could penalize the team, especially given the number of violations which happened this past off-season, if it looks like a trend then the league may see it as such? On the other hand if he comes here and plays lights out the Broncos could have one of the better corner tandems in the league. Of course, I am of the mind that the corner position is overrated, all you need is one great corner and a few above average and average corners, as long as the defense is set elsewhere it is more likely to succeed then the latter.

Chris Harris isn't irreplaceable by any means, and thus far I've hear nothing indicating that Denver is going to place a second round tender in his offer sheet, which would indicate only Right of First Refusal but nothing more. Harris could return and the combination of Rodgers-Cromartie, Harris, Webster and another corner is just as viable, whether it's Bailey at the nickel, Carter or someone else. As long as Denver signs DRC then the corner position is of little concern to be honest. As I said, I wouldn't mind, but it may be too much of a risk versus reward move in the team's mind.

Simple Jaded
03-05-2014, 10:40 AM
Harris didn't more than a 2nd round tender because he has a knee injury, dude is a baller.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-05-2014, 11:16 AM
If we got him on the cheap for a year or two that would be fine with me. He was one of the best corners in the league in 12'.

tubby
03-05-2014, 12:12 PM
Is this the same Browner who started his pro career in Denver?

CoachChaz
03-05-2014, 12:23 PM
You do realize he will probably still be suspended for a bilk of the 2014 season, right? The only reason he was reinstated was because he had a law suit against the NFL for lost wages. The NFL reinstated him so that they could avoid that mess, but speculation is that a continued suspension will be a part of the deal they work out.

Is a CB that is useless against the run worth it for an 8 game (or less) "prove it" contract?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-05-2014, 01:14 PM
You do realize he will probably still be suspended for a bilk of the 2014 season, right? The only reason he was reinstated was because he had a law suit against the NFL for lost wages. The NFL reinstated him so that they could avoid that mess, but speculation is that a continued suspension will be a part of the deal they work out.

Is a CB that is useless against the run worth it for an 8 game (or less) "prove it" contract?

I didn't realize that. I thought he would be able to return this year because he was suspended the majority of the 13' season. Of course if he was slated to return Seattle would probably have kept him.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-05-2014, 01:14 PM
Is this the same Browner who started his pro career in Denver?

Yes

CoachChaz
03-05-2014, 01:36 PM
I didn't realize that. I thought he would be able to return this year because he was suspended the majority of the 13' season. Of course if he was slated to return Seattle would probably have kept him.

It was to be for a full calendar year. But, he planned to file a suit for lost wages. Of course, on the day that was going to be filed...they reinstated him. So, speculation is they will figure out a trade off where he will still serve an significant suspension to start the year, but wont lose all of his money.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-05-2014, 01:58 PM
It was to be for a full calendar year. But, he planned to file a suit for lost wages. Of course, on the day that was going to be filed...they reinstated him. So, speculation is they will figure out a trade off where he will still serve an significant suspension to start the year, but wont lose all of his money.

Adam Schefter was speculating that Von Miller's sins were more erroneous and Browner's suspension shouldn't be longer than Von's was.

weazel
03-05-2014, 02:07 PM
He wont play in Denver, the Broncos gave up on him and he went packing to Canada... he probably has a hate on for the Broncos

CoachChaz
03-05-2014, 02:14 PM
Adam Schefter was speculating that Von Miller's sins were more erroneous and Browner's suspension shouldn't be longer than Von's was.

I dont know about that. Browner was suspended for a year multiple infractions and the ban was changed to indefinite after he refused the NFL mandated tests. He even admitted to failing again as recently as December. So, it's just a matter of waiting to hear how long the suspension will really be as a part of the settlement, but if he is still failing tests...how long will he really last?

I dont really like his attitude about the whole things either. He's the type that likes to pass the blame. "Instead of suspending me, why dont you help me?"

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-05-2014, 02:28 PM
I dont know about that. Browner was suspended for a year multiple infractions and the ban was changed to indefinite after he refused the NFL mandated tests. He even admitted to failing again as recently as December. So, it's just a matter of waiting to hear how long the suspension will really be as a part of the settlement, but if he is still failing tests...how long will he really last?

I dont really like his attitude about the whole things either. He's the type that likes to pass the blame. "Instead of suspending me, why dont you help me?"

I'm not agreeing with Schefter. He seems to think Browner's total suspension should be 6 games. He seems to think Miller trying to cheat the system was worst. I don't see how he can say that though, considering how many times Browner has been busted.

CoachChaz
03-05-2014, 02:30 PM
I'm not agreeing with Schefter. He seems to think Browner's total suspension should be 6 games. He seems to think Miller trying to cheat the system was worst. I don't see how he can say that though, considering how many times Browner has been busted.

I guess Miller was "morally worse", but Browner seems to lack the ability to quit at all. Like I said...he failed again just this past December.

I think he'll get the 6 games. I also think someone will take a chance on him, but will regret it quickly

NightTerror218
03-05-2014, 02:51 PM
He wont play in Denver, the Broncos gave up on him and he went packing to Canada... he probably has a hate on for the Broncos

Different front office and he is now a pro bowler

DenBronx
03-05-2014, 03:38 PM
Couple of things.

Yes, hes the same Browner that started his career as an UDFA

Hes a pro bowler now and a top CB

Most likely hes going to be suspended UP TO 6 games

Should come cheap

CoachChaz
03-05-2014, 03:46 PM
He was added to the 2012 Pro-Bowl roster as an injury replacement when Carlos Rogers went down, he is useless against the run and he hasnt stopped doing illegal drugs in 4 years.

Yeah...let's sign him

dogfish
03-05-2014, 03:48 PM
THIS is the guy you want to put around von, seriously??

:noidea:

:frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

Dreadnought
03-05-2014, 03:53 PM
THIS is the guy you want to put around von, seriously??

:noidea:

:frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

Yeah, no kidding. This guy is a disaster waiting to happen. No freakin' thanks

Denver Native (Carol)
03-05-2014, 05:13 PM
Former Seattle Seahawks cornerback Brandon Browner will be suspended for the first four games of the 2014 season as part of his reinstatement for violation of the league's substance-abuse policy, the NFL and NFL Players Association jointly announced Wednesday.

Browner, an unrestricted free agent, will be eligible to sign with any team and participate in offseason workouts and preseason activities, the league said in a statement. If he complies with terms of the substance-abuse policy, "he will be fully reinstated after serving a four-game suspension without pay at the start of the 2014 regular season and forfeiting an additional four weeks of pay."

That means Browner, in total, will miss 13 weeks of pay due to the suspension -- five games in 2013 and eight games in '14.

rest - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10557980/brandon-browner-suspended-first-four-games-2014

DenBronx
03-05-2014, 05:42 PM
4 games would go by quick.

Again, this guys worth the risk on a prove it deal.

Who else could we get at a budget? Cortland Finnegan? Hes a punching bag now.

CoachChaz
03-05-2014, 05:47 PM
4 games would go by quick.

Again, this guys worth the risk on a prove it deal.

Who else could we get at a budget? Cortland Finnegan? Hes a punching bag now.

He'll have other teams interested. I just dont see the positives in the risk or where we play him in order for him to "prove it".

Simple Jaded
03-05-2014, 09:19 PM
If the Chargers cut Derek Cox maybe the Broncos would be interested.

DenBronx
03-05-2014, 10:53 PM
Yeah I dont care what you guys say, Browners a beast at CB.

DRC, Browner and Harris. Championship!!!

Lancane
03-05-2014, 11:02 PM
Yeah I dont care what you guys say, Browners a beast at CB.

DRC, Browner and Harris. Championship!!!

DB, turnover happen more now due to pressure then coverage, especially given that aggressive coverage leads to severe penalization under the current rules of the league. I would love to have Browner in the backfield with DRC as far as his talent goes, but as for his attitude? We're perfectly capable with Rodgers-Cromartie, Harris and Webster, what we need is more pressure, more blocked passes, more strips, etc.

DenBronx
03-05-2014, 11:08 PM
Just saying, he's going to come at a bargain now. 4 games is nothing.

DRC is 6'2 and Browner is 6'3. We would have twin towers man! Who could throw on that?

Superchop 7
03-06-2014, 06:18 AM
Of course you roll the dice, lots of guys smoke weed in the league. Nfl is stupid about their policy. Browner has the type of talent we need.

The work the Broncos did coaching up DRC brings up another resurrection project....Chris Cook, has flashes of greatness, then messes up, just needs some good coaching.

Traveler
03-06-2014, 08:52 AM
Forget Browner! Here's betting he'll be signed by a team late in TC.

DenBronx
03-12-2014, 11:47 PM
The Pats are bringing him in.

Dont like that.

DenBronx
03-12-2014, 11:47 PM
Hope we bring him in just to drive the price up on them.