PDA

View Full Version : Henry, Young ‘Should Be Ready’ Sunday

Stand Ablaze
11-28-2007, 06:56 PM
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/mason/2007/11/28/walker-limited-henry-young-return/

http://web1.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Galleries/2007/practice%20071128/walker_javon.jpg

According to Mason's blog, Travis Henry and Selvin Young participated fully in practice Wednesday, while Andre Hall's high ankle sprain injury sidelines him.

Javon Walker was in uniform but he was limited. “I’m sure he will feel a lot better this week than he did last week,” Shanahan said. “We will evaluate him this week in practice.”

Brandon Stokley did not take part due to a knee injury. “Stokley is a little banged up,” Head Coach Mike Shanahan said.

DenBronx
11-28-2007, 07:50 PM
we were supposed to hear what was supposed to happen to henry today. henry is practicing as if he will play sunday, so it seems like him and the broncos are still pretty confident that they will win the case.

anyhow the suspense is killing me.

Stand Ablaze
11-28-2007, 08:05 PM
we were supposed to hear what was supposed to happen to henry today. henry is practicing as if he will play sunday, so it seems like him and the broncos are still pretty confident that they will win the case.

anyhow the suspense is killing me.

The NFL said Tuesday there wouldn't be an announcement on Henry's future. While the league could make an announcement at any time on Henry's appeal of a one-year NFL drug suspension, it is protocol that the league doesn't make personnel decisions once the work week begins (Wednesdays).

DenBronx
11-28-2007, 08:16 PM
The NFL said Tuesday there wouldn't be an announcement on Henry's future. While the league could make an announcement at any time on Henry's appeal of a one-year NFL drug suspension, it is protocol that the league doesn't make personnel decisions once the work week begins (Wednesdays).

I don't know what the hold up is. They either do or do not believe his case. Why keep dragging this thing on?

Fan in Exile
11-28-2007, 10:06 PM
I don't know what the hold up is. They either do or do not believe his case. Why keep dragging this thing on?

It seems to me that if they were going to suspend him, then they would have done it right away. That's at least the feel I have from the way Goodell has handled things up to this point. The delay makes sense if they aren't going to suspend him, but want to make him dangle on the hook for a little while so that he doesn't feel like he got off easy. Of course I'm not an insider so who really knows.

Ricky
11-29-2007, 05:00 PM
From the Broncos blog: http://blog.denverbroncos.com/mason/2007/11/29/henry-young-should-be-ready-sunday/

So far, so good for Selvin Young and Travis Henry.
“They should be ready to go,” Head Coach Mike Shanahan said after a practice that took place much earlier than normal for a Thursday at Dove Valley, with the Broncos wrapping up their work by 12:45 p.m. after hitting the field at just before 10:45 a.m.
“I’m ready to play,” said Young, who missed last week with a strained knee suffered in the Nov. 19 Monday Night Football win over the Tennessee Titans.
“My knee feels real good,” added Henry, who has been sidelined since suffering a partial tear of the posterior cruciate ligament in the Nov. 4 loss at Detroit.
Meanwhile, Brandon Stokley returned to full work after sitting out Wednesday’s session with a knee injury. Wide receiver Javon Walker also had a full practice, Shanahan said.
Running back Andre Hall missed a second consecutive day with a high ankle sprain.
“There might be a chance he’ll practice tomorrow,” Shanahan said.
Added Hall: “It will be all right. I’m going to hop around a little bit tomorrow. I did a little running today. It didn’t feel that bad.”
NOTES: Shanahan said he had not heard anything from the league regarding the outcome of Travis Henry’s appeal, which took place on Nov. 16 in Phoenix

Stand Ablaze
11-29-2007, 06:35 PM
From the Broncos blog: http://blog.denverbroncos.com/mason/2007/11/29/henry-young-should-be-ready-sunday/

Yup, pretty good news all around, except for Hall.