PDA

View Full Version : Pats, Broncos could be trying to shake Revis free from Tampa

DenBronx
03-02-2014, 12:37 AM
Last year, as the Jets prepared to trade cornerback Darrelle Revis, the process originated from within the team. Specifically, from the owner.

As Revis once again becomes the subject of trade talks, the process possibly is getting kick started from beyond Tampa.

READ FULL ARTICLE HERE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/01/pats-broncos-could-be-trying-to-shake-revis-free-from-tampa/

DenBronx
03-02-2014, 12:39 AM
Suprised this article sat all day. Saw it earlier at work and figured surely someone would have posted it. Did Carol call in sick???

Lancane
03-02-2014, 01:53 AM
Just rumor mongering. I don't see Denver trading a draft pick or picks and paying his asinine salary.

Simple Jaded
03-02-2014, 02:53 AM
Convert some of his salary to a bonus and say see ya to that average Joe you'd get with that draft pick, you're not getting a Darelle Revis with any of their draft picks. You're just not. Whether or not this rumor is true I like to think that Denver would be interested in the best player at his position.

dogfish
03-02-2014, 03:00 AM
sixteen million is way too much for any non-quarterback. . . we can sign DRC for that, and have plenty left to go get jared allen to make DRC look like revis. . . without giving up valuable draft picks. . .

DenBronx
03-02-2014, 03:32 AM
If Denver has any intrest at all you have to think they plan on moving on from Champ or might think DRC will ask too much.

Simple Jaded
03-02-2014, 03:48 AM
Ya have to wonder how this rumor starts at the same time that reports say Denver is in talks with DRC's agent.

Lancane
03-02-2014, 06:18 AM
I'd rather much we have Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie for 8 to 9 million a year because he wants to be here and no so much about the money then give 16 million a year to Revis who thinks he deserves money and doesn't care where he is so long as he's paid.

Dzone
03-02-2014, 11:01 AM
1st domino is signing DRC, 2nd domino is decker signs elsewhere...$16 million for revis is too much for a guy who cant tackle. Tebow made revis look like a total wuss in that jets game

DenBronx
03-02-2014, 01:36 PM
If we can afford Revis at 16 mill then we can afford DRC at 8 mill and Decker at 8 mill. Id rather have TWO starters than one money hungry one.

MOtorboat
03-02-2014, 01:41 PM
Revis is a malcontent.

luckyseven
03-02-2014, 04:10 PM
I'd rather much we have Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie for 8 to 9 million a year because he wants to be here and no so much about the money then give 16 million a year to Revis who thinks he deserves money and doesn't care where he is so long as he's paid.

while there is something to say about mercenaries they also have to be focused on what we do and that i win.
Revis has not been a poster child in the locker room. many found him at best there for himself.

I saw our best CB in years last year when DRC was on the field, not sure of stats but very few scores went over his side and not many passes either .
I love what champ has been to the broncos but he simply has not been himself in a few years, for a long time QB's were afraid of him and then about 4 years ago they started to go his way with decent success. His production the past 3 years has not met his cap value.
If I had to chose DRC in a landslide.

Dapper Dan
03-02-2014, 04:49 PM
Revis becomes worth less every season. If he goes anywhere this offseason, I don't expect it to be a steep price.

slim
03-02-2014, 05:12 PM
Convert some of his salary to a bonus and say see ya to that average Joe you'd get with that draft pick, you're not getting a Darelle Revis with any of their draft picks. You're just not. Whether or not this rumor is true I like to think that Denver would be interested in the best player at his position.

And yet Revis was once a draft pick...weird.

Shazam!
03-02-2014, 06:00 PM
No no no.

TXBRONC
03-02-2014, 08:45 PM
Last year, as the Jets prepared to trade cornerback Darrelle Revis, the process originated from within the team. Specifically, from the owner.

As Revis once again becomes the subject of trade talks, the process possibly is getting kick started from beyond Tampa.

READ FULL ARTICLE HERE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/01/pats-broncos-could-be-trying-to-shake-revis-free-from-tampa/

Den you should probably go and wash your hands because Florio pulled this one out of his butt. The way Elway has handled trading, free agency, and drafting since becoming V.P. Football Operations I don't see Florio come up with something this stupid. Elway isn't going drop that kind of cash and draft picks for malcontent (MO called him) like Revis. Revis is top five talent but this is constantly saying he needs to be paid more.

luckyseven
03-02-2014, 09:08 PM
Den you should probably go and wash your hands because Florio pulled this one out of his butt. The way Elway has handled trading, free agency, and drafting since becoming V.P. Football Operations I don't see Florio come up with something this stupid. Elway isn't going drop that kind of cash and draft picks for malcontent (MO called him) like Revis. Revis is top five talent but this is constantly saying he needs to be paid more.

Nothing I have seen or heard about the way Elway has handled it so far leads me to believe this either.

I also have to wonder if he values CBs that highly either so far nothing he has done with low ball contracts for them so far.

Fans should be aware that this is a pretty much dead zone and writers still need to fill column inches even if they as you said pulled this out of his butt.

DenBronx
03-02-2014, 10:06 PM

Hands are deffinitely washed from such speculation.

I don't believe for one minute Elway is even remotely interested in this deal. A.) It would require draft picks and Elway likes his draft picks. B.) It would put a huge dent in our cap and Elway likes bargains unless it's a QB.

Like I said before. Why get Revis (who hasnt been all that great the past couple of years) when you could get TWO solid starters for the same price?

Unless they have plans to cut Champ and dont think they can get a deal done with DRC. That would be the only reason I think the Broncos would even be interested. DRC played outstanding last year....when would get him for much less than Revis plus keep our draft picks.

A deal like this isnt the EL-WAY.

TXBRONC
03-03-2014, 10:06 AM
Hands are deffinitely washed from such speculation.

I don't believe for one minute Elway is even remotely interested in this deal. A.) It would require draft picks and Elway likes his draft picks. B.) It would put a huge dent in our cap and Elway likes bargains unless it's a QB.

Like I said before. Why get Revis (who hasnt been all that great the past couple of years) when you could get TWO solid starters for the same price?

Unless they have plans to cut Champ and dont think they can get a deal done with DRC. That would be the only reason I think the Broncos would even be interested. DRC played outstanding last year....when would get him for much less than Revis plus keep our draft picks.

A deal like this isnt the EL-WAY.

I don't know if Elway is always hunting for bargins but I think he just want overpay for talent. From what I've been able to read in various places what Elway is paying Manning is in line with what you expect to pay a elite franchise quarterback which in and around $20 million per year.

Even if everything with DRC and Champ goes down the toilet I doubt Elway would make a play for Revis. As it's been mentioned before Revis is a malcontent so I can't see Elway wanting to risk that kind of headache. Also as you said, Elway isn't in the habit of giving up picks and just see him taking an approach that would hurt the team in the long run.

silkamilkamonico
03-03-2014, 12:00 PM
Yea I don't believe for one second Denver would be interested in this either.

Lancane
03-03-2014, 12:17 PM
I'm just glad to hear that Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie's agent is in talks with the Broncos Brass.

luckyseven
03-03-2014, 05:24 PM
I don't if Elway is always hunting for bargins but I think he just want overpay for talent. From what I've been able to read in various places what Elway is paying Manning is in line with what you expect to pay a elite franchise quarterback which in and around $20 million per year.

Even if everything with DRC and Champ goes down the toilet I doubt Elway would make a play for Revis. As it's been mentioned before Revis is a malcontent so I can't see Elway wanting to risk that kind of headache. Also as you said, Elway isn't in the habit of giving up picks and just see him taking an approach that would hurt the team in the long run.

FWIW Manning is a steal at $17.5 mil this year.

I also agree that JE will not break the bank for a CB, as it would be totally backwards from everything he has done so far, Plus his HC and DC are firm believers in, in the BOX Defense.

Dapper Dan
03-03-2014, 05:39 PM
Who really thinks Revis will get a lot of money this year? The only way I see that happening is if he gets his money in Tampa because no one will trade for him and they can't afford to cut him.

Superchop 7
03-03-2014, 11:29 PM
yeah, that's gonna happen.

CrazyHorse
03-04-2014, 11:48 AM
He can go to the Pats and they can pay him $16 Million a year.