PDA

View Full Version : Adam Silver open to changes

Denver Native (Carol)
03-01-2014, 05:55 PM
BOSTON -- Adam Silver, while working for the NBA before becoming the league's commissioner, floated the idea of adding play-in games for the postseason and got some support from owners.

Now as commissioner, Silver remains "fascinated" with the idea of a tournament to determine the final playoff spots.

"By having a seven-game series, you reduce the randomness of the outcome," Silver said. "I think what's so exciting about college basketball -- and I'm a huge college basketball fan -- is the single-elimination tournament, the NCAA tournament. There, statistically, you're gonna have a lot more upsets. So, I think for us, well, I have mixed views.

rest - http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10538140/adam-silver-open-changing-format-nba-playoffs-draft

MOtorboat
03-02-2014, 12:44 PM
Say wut?

BroncoWave
03-02-2014, 01:03 PM
Say wut?

I'm sure you've read when Bill Simmons has mentioned his idea of the "entertaining as hell" tournament. This seems to be a similar idea.

Dapper Dan
03-05-2014, 07:59 PM
So is it a tournament or only some play-in games?

On the topic of Silver and NBA changes, I wonder if he will be able to change the run of when a player can join the NBA. Should they be a certain age? Should they have a certain amount of NCAA years? Should they have the option between going straight to the NBA and going to the NCAA (with 2 years minimum)? There seems to be a lot of talk about it. Still, the NBA players union doesn't seem to be open to much.