PDA

View Full Version : How many yards does Oakland run against us?

omac
11-29-2007, 05:49 AM
(poll above)

The best rushing defense allows 75 yards per game; top ten is about 95; middle of the pack is a little less than 110; Denver is currently at 146; the worst, Oakland, is at 153.

How many yards will Denver give up to Oakland's rushing offense in the coming game?

SR
11-29-2007, 06:45 AM
101-125 is my guess.

TXBRONC
11-29-2007, 08:09 AM
(poll above)

The best rushing defense allows 75 yards per game; top ten is about 95; middle of the pack is a little less than 110; Denver is currently at 146; the worst, Oakland, is at 153.

How many yards will Denver give up to Oakland's rushing offense in the coming game?

The 146 yard average that we have been giving is based on the entire season right? That being said we have been giving up a lot less over the past three weeks (I think it's right around the League average).

So I think Denver will give up about 101-125.

omac
11-29-2007, 08:47 AM
Yeah, I also picked 101-125. I agree, the Broncos rush defense the last few games has improved greatly.

Oakland's rushing offense has been more consistent since they've made the decision to go with Fargas over Jordan. Now this is a team that I EXPECT our passing defense to contain, despite loading the box for the run. With Culpepper or McCown throwing, our corners should dominate this part of the game.

underrated29
11-29-2007, 09:09 AM
i think they are going to be passing the whole time trying to catch up with us. That being said i still think they will manage to rip off a long one like 60 yards or something. Which means that the rest of the game they will rush for about another 60.

I like 100-121.

Lonestar
11-29-2007, 11:53 AM
they will digreess this week on allowing running yards. 150+

omac
11-30-2007, 04:55 AM
they will digreess this week on allowing running yards. 150+

Grrr ... stop hoping for better draft position! ... just kidding Jrwiz, hehehe. :D

The Raiders can definitely put up a lot of yardage against the Broncos, specially since it's the only thing they can really rely on, what with their poor passing offense. Also, Kiffin installed a zone-blocking scheme that's been pretty effective.

Lonestar
11-30-2007, 03:35 PM
Grrr ... stop hoping for better draft position! ... just kidding Jrwiz, hehehe. :D

The Raiders can definitely put up a lot of yardage against the Broncos, specially since it's the only thing they can really rely on, what with their poor passing offense. Also, Kiffin installed a zone-blocking scheme that's been pretty effective.

That is IMO one of the only things that can come out of this season.. a great draft choice and loads of playing time for the rookies.. They are the future and if they all grow like I think they will with a Biggie DT in the first round should pave the way to being an elite team next year..

OAK defense is IMO just to strong, along with their RB's and strong running game I just do not see winning this one..

Mike
11-30-2007, 03:43 PM
OAK defense is IMO just to strong, along with their RB's and strong running game I just do not see winning this one..

Comeon JR. Oakland's defense is anything BUT strong. Oakland is one of the few teams that actually has a worst run defense than Denver.

Denver's defense ain't great...that's a given. I picked 100-125. But despite the defense...Denver's offense is MUCH better than Oakland's offense. I like Denver's offense verses Oakland's defense but than vice versa.

MTBroncoGal
11-30-2007, 03:49 PM
The rush defense has been doing much better since the bye week...I say 101-125.

omac
12-01-2007, 05:19 AM
To whoever voted 75 yards or less, I :salute: you. Here's hoping that comes true. :cheers:

TXBRONC
12-01-2007, 08:11 AM
To whoever voted 75 yards or less, I :salute: you. Here's hoping that comes true. :cheers:

I didn't vote for 75 yards or less, but I still think Denver has pretty good chance of beating them.