PDA

View Full Version : Oh Boy, Bears fans are pissed.

Overtime
09-14-2009, 12:31 AM
Some are calling for Rex Grossman to return already. Some are calling Cutler a bum, some are making excuses for him, some are saying it's ok, it's ok, it's just one game.

http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/thread/1781836.aspx

Chicago is gonna implode. God I can't wait till they really turn on Cutler. This is just the beginning...this season will have more drama than the Young and the Restless.

:lol:

Denver looked like a bunch of dumbasses in April, but maybe just maybe, old McD knew what he was doing after all...........

GEM
09-14-2009, 12:37 AM
So many excuses!! :lol: Even going the diabetes route. Hey, ya weren't worried about his diabetes when he was out in the clubs partying all night. Don't bring it up game time.

Schmucks.

topscribe
09-14-2009, 12:43 AM
Some are calling for Rex Grossman to return already. Some are calling Cutler a bum, some are making excuses for him, some are saying it's ok, it's ok, it's just one game.

http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/thread/1781836.aspx

Chicago is gonna implode. God I can't wait till they really turn on Cutler. This is just the beginning...this season will have more drama than the Young and the Restless.

:lol:

Denver looked like a bunch of dumbasses in April, but maybe just maybe, old McD knew what he was doing after all...........

I guess it's the same there as it is here.

One game . . . :coffee:

-----

GEM
09-14-2009, 12:43 AM
That's the easiest thing to overlook about Cutler.

He wins your heart with his long passes. He'll tear your heart to pieces with bad throws at exactly the wrong time. This is the definition of a gunslinger QB. He absolutely make you pull your hair out with the locking onto one receiver and throwing into double and triple coverage.

High risk, sometimes high reward.

Without the WR group and with a less stellar OLine, Cutler is going to have a lot of his negatives brought front and center. It's what was warned to the Bears fans on this board all along and all we heard was the excuses of the line being just as good, Hester being enough...got a few words for ya....TOLD YA SO!

West
09-14-2009, 12:45 AM
I guess it's the same there as it is here.

One game . . . :coffee:

-----

One game? Orton looked like shit. We won the game cause of Cincy's shitty DBs and Stokley's awareness.

topscribe
09-14-2009, 12:46 AM
One game? Orton looked like shit. We won the game cause of Cincy's shitty DBs and Stokley's awareness.

See?

-----

GEM
09-14-2009, 12:49 AM

Hey... at least he didn't throw 4 int's. Badumbumching. :D

Thnikkaman
09-14-2009, 12:50 AM
A win is a win, and I'll take it. I think Orton will get better. And feel free to shove that down my throat if he doesn't. Cutler will be Cutler.

ikillz0mbies
09-14-2009, 01:06 AM
Orton wasn't that bad. Hell, he didn't even commit a turnover and he was playing injured. Yes, the offense could have been a WHOLE lot better, but 0 turnovers was the key. I could see why McDaniels wanted to trade Cutler in the first place: interceptions.

West
09-14-2009, 01:09 AM
Hey... at least he didn't throw 4 int's. Badumbumching. :D

That's true but more conversions on 3rd down would have made me say... "Hey, Orton played great".

topscribe
09-14-2009, 01:11 AM
That's true but more conversions on 3rd down would have made me say... "Hey, Orton played great".

Orton didn't play great. But then, he didn't throw four interceptions, either.

Speaking of four interceptions, wasn't this thread originally about the Bears and Cutler?

-----

West
09-14-2009, 01:12 AM
Orton didn't play great. But then, he didn't throw four interceptions, either.

Speaking of four interceptions, wasn't this thread originally about the Bears and Cutler?

-----

Cutler and the Bears will, forever, be connected with Orton and the Broncos. Deal with it, Blue.

topscribe
09-14-2009, 01:15 AM
Cutler and the Bears will, forever, be connected with Orton and the Broncos. Deal with it, Blue.

Only in small minds . . .

-----

West
09-14-2009, 01:16 AM
Only in small minds . . .

-----

Shut up, Blue.

topscribe
09-14-2009, 01:18 AM
Shut up, Blue.

Too much for you, huh? :coffee:

-----

sneakers
09-14-2009, 01:21 AM
I liked the Jeff George jr. comment

Watchthemiddle
09-14-2009, 01:39 AM
I liked the Jeff George jr. comment

It's what a lot of us have seen in Cutler for a while, and what a lot of others have been in denial about.

Watchthemiddle
09-14-2009, 01:40 AM
I liked this one..

I'm laughing my azz off too. I did my work in the clutch today.

Kisses, Kyle Orton

broncogirl7
09-14-2009, 01:42 AM
I can't blame all those interceptions on Cutler as you are only as good as your line.
I can't wait for the Packers to meet the Bears in Chicago, it will be a major revenge match and the Bear fans are going to eat Cutler alive.

Watchthemiddle
09-14-2009, 01:43 AM
WOW. The Denver Broncos Organization look like freakin GENIUSES!. Who would have known this bum was relying on his receivers to make his crappy throws into receptions. Can we get Grossman back? (I NEVER THOUGHT I would be asking that but I am serious! This GUY SUCKS!!!!!!! Anyone still drinking the cutler Koolaid will be choking on it soon. I am right now! That was even worse than Grossman sacking himself twice in the Super Bowl. Is Vince Evans still playing? I wanna puke. Wait, I did that in the first half. Guess Ill just dry heave. Ron Turner plus Cutler? OMG!!!!! This guy has now ben picked by DEFENSIVE LINEMAN TWICE THIS YEAR counting preseason. Gonna be a long year or two. I hope we did not give up higher than a 10th rounder for this bum. What a joke. The Broncos saw us comin.

:laugh::laugh:

I have seen it said many times "its only week one" and they are exactly right.

It's ONLY week ONE and CUTLER is getting his ARRRSSSEEEE handed to him already.

:rofl:

West
09-14-2009, 01:49 AM
It's what a lot of us have seen in Cutler for a while, and what a lot of others have been in denial about.

Matthew Stafford is the next one of these type of QBs.

Overtime
09-14-2009, 01:50 AM
in all respect,

Rivers doesn't have Pro Bowl WR's on his team, and he doesn'thave any problem hitting his guys.

It's all in Cutler's head. the defense gets inside his head and rattles his cage, and it's all over for the kid. far as I'm concerned it's not his WR's fault. he was constantly throwing into triple and quadruple coverage all night trying to force the ball, and locking onto one guy, instead of going through his progressions.

Davii
09-14-2009, 01:53 AM
in all respect,

Rivers doesn't have Pro Bowl WR's on his team, and he doesn'thave any problem hitting his guys.

It's all in Cutler's head. the defense gets inside his head and rattles his cage, and it's all over for the kid. far as I'm concerned it's not his WR's fault. he was constantly throwing into triple and quadruple coverage all night trying to force the ball, and locking onto one guy, instead of going through his progressions.

You could almost see him burning holes through his targets chest....

Cutler will do well in Chicago I think, give him time, he's still young. He's got all the physical attributes, he just needs a good QB coach.

Watchthemiddle
09-14-2009, 01:58 AM

Matthew Stafford is with a terrible franchise and is a rookie. He only threw 3 int's today....CUtler in his 4 year and has been labled a "franchise" QB threw 4 today.

Benetto
09-14-2009, 03:43 AM
Cutler had a lot of problems in Denver too...but...At the end of the day he tore it up when he was on...

He will have off games and "franchise QB" games...Don't write Cutler off yet. It was only week one against a pretty damn good defense.

topscribe
09-14-2009, 03:56 AM
Cutler had a lot of problems in Denver too...but...At the end of the day he tore it up when he was on...

He will have off games and "franchise QB" games...Don't write Cutler off yet. It was only week one against a pretty damn good defense.

Cutler had four interceptions. Book them.

Then let's see how many quarterbacks have four interceptions against the
Packers in the remainder of the year . . .

-----

claymore
09-14-2009, 06:44 AM
At least Cutler is entertaining. I would rather wash my mouth out with a chainsaw than watch more games like yesterday.

That was the most boring game ive ever watched.

Hopefully we can save that lucky shit for when we have a real QB/Coach

claymore
09-14-2009, 06:49 AM
Cutler had four interceptions. Book them.

Then let's see how many quarterbacks have four interceptions against the
Packers in the remainder of the year . . .

-----

Book it. The Bengals will not hold another QB to 16 of 27 for 156 yards and no TD's.

The Bengals shutdown our offense. Orton is worse than I ever imagined.

broncobryce
09-14-2009, 07:34 AM
ahh ha ha ha ha haaaa!!!!!!

MOtorboat
09-14-2009, 07:46 AM
Book it. The Bengals will not hold another QB to 16 of 27 for 156 yards and no TD's.

The Bengals shutdown our offense. Orton is worse than I ever imagined.

I don't know who you are referring to. Orton was 17 of 28 for 243 yards, 1 TD and 0 INT.

:noidea:

Medford Bronco
09-14-2009, 07:49 AM
I have to say that I never enjoyed a QB sucking so much as I did crybaby Jay last night. He looked more like Rex than Rex did. :lol:

claymore
I don't know who you are referring to. Orton was 17 of 28 for 243 yards, 1 TD and 0 INT.

Miracle. Absolute Miracle.

Zweems56

That last play didnt happen in clay-ville. We lost yesterday, remember?

Medford Bronco
09-14-2009, 07:50 AM

Actually I think Mark Sanchez is going to be good. He did a good
job on the road yesterday.

claymore
09-14-2009, 07:53 AM
That last play didnt happen in clay-ville. We lost yesterday, remember?

Im pissed we wasted that luck on Douche Bag Orton.

MOtorboat
09-14-2009, 07:55 AM
Im pissed we wasted that luck on Douche Bag Orton.

So you would have rather had four interceptions and lost 21-15?

Noted.

claymore
09-14-2009, 07:58 AM
So you would have rather had four interceptions and lost 21-15?

Noted.

I dont know what you mean. I meant I would just rather save that luck for a a good QB.

Slick
09-14-2009, 08:23 AM
I dont know what you mean. I meant I would just rather save that luck for a a good QB.

What are we, like 12 years old?

Everything you say bounces of me and sticks to you.

claymore
09-14-2009, 08:45 AM
What are we, like 12 years old?

Everything you say bounces of me and sticks to you.

There are 12 year olds far more mature than Mo and myself. :D

nbenallo33
09-14-2009, 09:22 AM
thats funny as hell on their fourms..
bring back REX!! lmao
i like the guy saying stop talking about REX :lol: :lol:

Northman
09-14-2009, 09:27 AM
:laugh::laugh:

I have seen it said many times "its only week one" and they are exactly right.

It's ONLY week ONE and CUTLER is getting his ARRRSSSEEEE handed to him already.

:rofl:

Welcome to Chicago Jay. Their fans are a 9 buddy. :beer:

I like this comment by the way. :lol:

Guys, can we please stop talking about Rex? We have a franchise QB now. You know, the guy that was throwing completions to the Packers all night?

Northman
09-14-2009, 09:29 AM
At least Cutler is entertaining. I would rather wash my mouth out with a chainsaw than watch more games like yesterday.

That was the most boring game ive ever watched.

Hopefully we can save that lucky shit for when we have a real QB/Coach

I would rather win.

claymore
09-14-2009, 09:32 AM
I would rather win.

I would rather earn the win than luck into a win.

BigDaddyBronco
09-14-2009, 09:33 AM
I'm sooooo glad JC isn't our QB anymore. He has a great arm and confidence out the wahzoo, but his over-confidence is what kills your team and gets you labeled "CoachKiller". Running to your right and throwing across your body to a WR in triple coverage is just asking for disaster. Elway (you know JC, the guy who has a weaker arm than you) used to roll right and throw to the left, but he threw to wide open WR's.

Unless JC has a dramatic humbling, change of heart that makes him take what the defense gives him, he will never be an elite QB or go deep into the playoffs.

BigDaddyBronco
09-14-2009, 09:35 AM

:rolleyes:

Earning the win is keeping the Bengals to 7 points and not turning the ball over. Tight defensive struggles look like that.

You have to be in the right position to take advantage of lucky bounces. We wouldn't have won had we not had a solid defensive performance and a mostly mistake free offense.

claymore
09-14-2009, 09:38 AM
I'm sooooo glad JC isn't our QB anymore. He has a great arm and confidence out the wahzoo, but his over-confidence is what kills your team and gets you labeled "CoachKiller". Running to your right and throwing across your body to a WR in triple coverage is just asking for disaster. Elway (you know JC, the guy who has a weaker arm than you) used to roll right and throw to the left, but he threw to wide open WR's.

Unless JC has a dramatic humbling, change of heart that makes him take what the defense gives him, he will never be an elite QB or go deep into the playoffs.

Orton threw into double and triple coverage yesteerday as well. The difference is it was late, and behind so noone had a chance at intercepting it. He almost got royal killed while Stokley was wide open as well.

Shazam!
09-14-2009, 09:39 AM

Did you say that with the infamous Ed Hochulli SD game last season, that Denver by all accounts should've lost?

They won. A probable win vs. Cleveland and at 2-0 and you should get happy Clay.

I'm here for you bro.

MOtorboat
09-14-2009, 09:43 AM
Earning the win = Throwing 4 interceptions...

BigDaddyBronco
09-14-2009, 09:43 AM
Orton threw into double and triple coverage yesteerday as well. The difference is it was late, and behind so noone had a chance at intercepting it. He almost got royal killed while Stokley was wide open as well.

Yes he made mistakes.

Yes his WR's dropped 7 or 8 passes.

Yes he needs to get better.

It's not all on him, the OLine made mistakes, his WR's killed drives when he did hit them and they dropped it.

He will not be the reason we win games, but if he can not kill us by turning it over, and we get good YAC's and a running game we will be alright.

Our defense will get beat by better offensive teams, and the games where we have a lot of turnovers we will lose, but we aren't going to be terrible.

claymore
09-14-2009, 09:45 AM
Did you say that with the infamous Ed Hochulli SD game last season, that Denver by all accounts should've lost?

They won. A probable win vs. Cleveland and at 2-0 and you should get happy Clay.

I'm here for you bro.
Yes I said it. I dont like luck wins. If we win next week, I will feel better.

Yes he made mistakes.

It's not all on him, the OLine made mistakes, his WR's killed drives when he did hit them and they dropped it.

He will not be the reason we win games, but if he can not kill us by turning it over, and we get good YAC's and a running game we will be alright.

Our defense will get beat by better offensive teams, and the games where we have a lot of turnovers we will lose, but we aren't going to be terrible.
You are a rock in a time of uncertainty.

MOtorboat
09-14-2009, 09:52 AM
Yes he made mistakes.

He won. The only thing that matters.

22-12 or 17-21. Which one is the better record?

BigDaddyBronco
09-14-2009, 09:53 AM
Yes I said it. I dont like luck wins. If we win next week, I will feel better.

You are a rock in a time of uncertainty.
I <3 you Claymore, don't make me cokpunch you!

Northman
09-14-2009, 09:55 AM
Clay, whats the capital of Thailand?

Bangkok! (Here's where daddy is punching you in the nuts!) lol

Reidman
09-14-2009, 10:43 AM
WOW, they must really be pissed........

Urlacher is out for the season!!

NFL.com Wire Reports

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Chicago Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher left Sunday night's season-opening 21-15 loss to the Green Bay Packers in the third quarter with a dislocated wrist, an injury that could end his season.

The Chicago Tribune reported on Monday that Urlacher, when asked about the injury, said in a text message that his "season is over."

The newspaper reported that Urlacher underwent surgery on the injured left wrist Monday morning.

On Sunday night, Bears coach Lovie Smith said no timetable had been set for Urlacher's return. Urlacher left on the Packers' first drive of the second half. Smith is expected to address the injury at his Monday afternoon press conference.

Urlacher made several plays in the first half, including one when he lowered his right shoulder into Aaron Rodgers after he had released the ball on a third-down play, sending the Packers' quarterback sprawling.

Bears linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa also left in the first half with a knee injury and didn't return. The Chicago Tribune reported that Tinoisamoa sprained the posterior cruciate ligament in his right knee and could miss some time.

The Associated Press conrtributed to this story.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81298dfe&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Thnikkaman
09-14-2009, 10:57 AM

I'd rather not look a gift horse in the mouth.

claymore
09-14-2009, 10:59 AM
I'd rather not look a gift horse in the mouth.

We could be division leaders by the end of tonight. :woot:

Thnikkaman
09-14-2009, 11:01 AM
We could be division leaders by the end of tonight. :woot:

Could be? We will be co-division leaders guaranteed. I also guarantee that the SD-Chokeland game will not end in a tie.

MOtorboat
09-14-2009, 11:02 AM
Could be? We will be co-division leaders guaranteed. I also guarantee that the SD-Chokeland game will not end in a tie.

Tonight is the only night I'm rooting for San Diego to win. Big.

claymore
09-14-2009, 11:04 AM

I hope LT's Knee caps fall off.

Northman

But, OR says that the faid have the best QB and defense around? :lol:

MOtorboat

That's not very nice, clay.

BigDaddyBronco
09-14-2009, 11:06 AM

They have to crush Oakland's spirit right at the begging of the season. Send Al Davis into a frenzy.

topscribe
09-14-2009, 11:09 AM
Miracle. Absolute Miracle.

Well, if we're going to think that way, then we have to take into account seven dropped passes . . .

-----

claymore
09-14-2009, 11:12 AM
Well, if we're going to think that way, then we have to take into account seven dropped passes . . .

-----

And almost interceptions.

Ravage!!!
09-14-2009, 11:15 AM
you can't count dropped passes, because they happen to everyone. You can't count dropped INTs, because they happen to everyone. You can't count on 'almost fumbles' because they weren't there. If you do that, you can start counting the 'almost tackles'... the "hole was nearly there".... the breakaway that was 'just inches away'.... and the "almost didn't get sacked."

MOtorboat
09-14-2009, 11:16 AM
you can't count dropped passes, because they happen to everyone. You can't count dropped INTs, because they happen to everyone. You can't count on 'almost fumbles' because they weren't there. If you do that, you can start counting the 'almost tackles'... the "hole was nearly there".... the breakaway that was 'just inches away'.... and the "almost didn't get sacked."

In the same sense, you can't take away the 87-yard touchdown pass, either.

Ravage!!!
09-14-2009, 11:19 AM

Not quite sure what that has to do with ANYTHING in that conversation,

But I would count it as a TD.... I don't know if I would really count it as a "TD pass"..... but at least it has something tangible.

I know if I'm looking at a QBs stats (and yes, I would mean this with ANY QB).. I wouldn't count that play as a TD pass even though it counts it in the books. Just as I personally wouldn't count the long Hail Mary INT at the end of a game/half against the QB.

claymore
09-14-2009, 11:19 AM

But you can say it was a bad throw to a guy that was in double coverage, and It was one of the luckiest td's in league history.

MOtorboat
09-14-2009, 11:25 AM

Honestly, I don't think I hate Philip Rivers as much as I did when Jay Cutler was here.

Maybe I'm being too soft.

topscribe
09-14-2009, 11:32 AM
And almost interceptions.

So we're back to the "if" game, aren't we? "If" it weren't for that "immaculate
deflection," as Tned refers to it, Orton's yards and QB rating would not been
so high. However, "if" Orton would not have had seven (7) dropped passes,
then his yards and rating would have been higher. However, "if" those "almost"
interceptions that you imagine would have been interceptions, then his rating
would have been lower.

It reminds me of the old guy in Fiddler on the Roof: "One the other hand . . .
on the other hand . . . on the other hand . . . "

This is not an "if" game. It is what it is. Orton was 17/28 for 243 yds, 1 TD,
and a 114.6 QB rating. That's how it ended. Miracle catch, dropped passes,
"near" INTs notwithstanding.

The other day, another car almost hit us on our way home. You might have
been able to slide a credit card between the two cars, I don't know. "If" it
would have hit us, there we would have been. But we didn't collide. So we
got home, accident-free.

My dad's pelvis was crushed in a coal car accident in a CCC camp in the
depression. It missed his jewels. "If" it had not, I would have been
somebody else's kid and maybe had a full head of hair, maybe red hair. But
it did, and I am here, and I don't.

If . . . if . . . if.

It is what it is . . .

Broncos 12, Benals 7. Sounds pretty good to me.

Green Bay 21, Chicago 15. That's their business. (Actually, sounds pretty
good, too, to me.

Book it . ..

-----

Overtime
09-14-2009, 11:34 AM
http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss347/mtsumustang/butthurtler.jpg

claymore
09-14-2009, 11:34 AM
So we're back to the "if" game, aren't we? "If" it weren't for that "immaculate
deflection," as Tned refers to it, Orton's yards and QB rating would not been
so high. However, "if" Orton would not have had seven (7) dropped passes,
then his yards and rating would have been higher. However, "if" those "almost"
interceptions that you imagine would have been interceptions, then his rating
would have been lower.

It reminds me of the old guy in Fiddler on the Roof: "One the other hand . . .
on the other hand . . . on the other hand . . . "

This is not an "if" game. It is what it is. Orton was 17/28 for 243 yds, 1 TD,
and a 114.6 QB rating. That's how it ended. Miracle catch, dropped passes,
"near" INTs notwithstanding.

The other day, another car almost hit us on our way home. You might have
been able to slide a credit card between the two cars, I don't know. But
we didn't collide. So we got home, accident-free.

My dad's pelvis was crushed in a coal car accident in a CCC camp in the
depression. It missed his jewels. Had it not, I would have been somebody
else's kid and maybe had a full head of hair, maybe red hair. But it did, and
I am here, and I don't.

If . . . if . . . if.

It is what it is . . .

Broncos 12, Benals 7. Sounds pretty good to me.

Green Bay 21, Chicago 15. That's their business. (Actually, sounds pretty
good, too, to me.

Book it . ..

-----

You started the If game. And WTF does Chicago have to do with anything?

topscribe
09-14-2009, 11:38 AM
You started the If game. And WTF does Chicago have to do with anything?

I started what "if" game? You are the one with the "ifs." You are the one who
brought up the "miracle" catch and the "almost" interceptions. I didn't. I said
it is what it is. How it ended is how it is. How is that starting an "if" game?

Let me say it again, just to make it clear: Forget "if" this or "if" that might
have been. It is what it is. The numbers and the win are in the record book.
That's how it is. That is reality.

And I guess Chicago has everything to do with this thread, doesn't it? At
least, that's what its title implies . . .

-----

Ravage!!!
09-14-2009, 11:47 AM
It is what it is if you choose to ignore the facts. The fact is that the pass didn't even hit his receiver's hands, was batted down from one of three defenders around the ball (OMG, triple coverage!!!) and landed in the hands of a guy that wasn't closer than 12 yards when the ball was thrown to someone else.

Sure you can look at it from a vaccume and say "it is what it is." But if you want to be honest about it, and evaluate our own player's performance WITHOUT the orange-colored-I'm going to defend him with everything I got-glasses on....... you know that TD pass ONLY counts in the books. Sure we got the TD and the win, but we all know it wasn't because of the pass.

We all know in the end the yards, the reception, and the TD pass goes onto Orton's record and stat sheet. But if you want to look at his play (objectively) you must see that play is/was a fluke. Flukes count in the book, but that doesn't mean you should count them with blind eyes when evaluating the play of the team/offense.

claymore
09-14-2009, 11:56 AM
I started what "if" game? You are the one with the "ifs." You are the one who
brought up the "miracle" catch and the "almost" interceptions. I didn't. I said
it is what it is. How it ended is how it is. How is that starting an "if" game?

Let me say it again, just to make it clear: Forget "if" this or "if" that might
have been. It is what it is. The numbers and the win are in the record book.
That's how it is. That is reality.

And I guess Chicago has everything to do with this thread, doesn't it? At
least, that's what its title implies . . .

-----
Oops, I guess this is about Chicago. Chicago and Cutler get brought up in every thread. Im just sick of hearing about them.

As for the if game, I looked back a couple pages, I didnt see me saying any if's. I did say it was a miracle catch and TD. Which it was... unless you think it was by design.

It is what it is if you choose to ignore the facts. The fact is that the pass didn't even hit his receiver's hands, was batted down from one of three defenders around the ball (OMG, triple coverage!!!) and landed in the hands of a guy that wasn't closer than 12 yards when the ball was thrown to someone else.

Sure you can look at it from a vaccume and say "it is what it is." But if you want to be honest about it, and evaluate our own player's performance WITHOUT the orange-colored-I'm going to defend him with everything I got-glasses on....... you know that TD pass ONLY counts in the books. Sure we got the TD and the win, but we all know it wasn't because of the pass.

We all know in the end the yards, the reception, and the TD pass goes onto Orton's record and stat sheet. But if you want to look at his play (objectively) you must see that play is/was a fluke. Flukes count in the book, but that doesn't mean you should count them with blind eyes when evaluating the play of the team/offense.

Yup

Overtime
09-14-2009, 11:58 AM
fact of the matter is Cutler choked, failed, and flopped his way around the field, and sucked ass. Cut and dry. end story.

He is who we thought he was, and thank god McDaniels let him off the damn hook.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-14-2009, 12:00 PM

Using this logic, then a QB should not be given an INT if his pass is tipped at the line of scrimmage by a defender, and same defender, or another defender catches it, or if the QB throws to his receiver, but the pass is tipped by a defender, and then caught by that defender, or another defender.

topscribe
09-14-2009, 12:04 PM

If . . . if . . . if . . . if . . . if . . . if . . . if . . . if . . if . . . if . . . if . . . if . . .

Why these accusations that I am ignoring the facts? All I am doing is to
point out what is in the record book. Those are the facts.

What facts are you talking about? Not speculations. We can break down
and analyze a player's performance. In another place. That is not my point
here. I'm talking about the final numbers. They are what they are. We can
say, well, if it weren't for the "immaculate deflection," or if it weren't for
dropped passes, or if it weren't for "almost" interceptions. But the record is
what it is.

Now, if you want to break down the player's performance, perhaps we can
start another thread about it. But that was not my point here. *sigh*

P.S. Here, Warhorse started a thread in which we can break down and
analyze Orton's performance: http://broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58392

-----

Rick
09-14-2009, 12:19 PM
If looking at Orton he played "ok". he did nothing to make us lose...he did nothing to make us win. I am not counting the td, it was pure luck. All other throws were just ok.

The people who say he sucked...get over it, he did not suck.
The people who say he played great...get over it he did not play great.

He was just there and kinda did his job.

We need a major upgrade at QB, whether through him getting better or by someone else stepping in we need an upgrade.

Back however on the subject of Cutler, as this is what the thread is about...where Orton did nothing for us to lose...Cutler did everything for the Bears to lose, he frankly played awful.

MOtorboat
09-14-2009, 12:24 PM
Oops, I guess this is about Chicago. Chicago and Cutler get brought up in every thread. Im just sick of hearing about them.

Thread title: Oh Boy, Bears fans are pissed.

Ravage!!!
09-14-2009, 12:34 PM
Using this logic, then a QB should not be given an INT if his pass is tipped at the line of scrimmage by a defender, and same defender, or another defender catches it, or if the QB throws to his receiver, but the pass is tipped by a defender, and then caught by that defender, or another defender.

understand Carol.. that I'm not saying it can't be 'counted'....because it's already in the stat book and counts. But EVERY QB, every week, has passes that are dropped, tipped... or the QB misses a wide-open WR. EVERY week we see dropped INTs from all over the league with EVERY QB in the NFL. Every week we see lineman that should have made the block, RBs taht should have picked up the blitz or QBs that should have read/seen the rush and gotten away.

Those aren't flukes and happen with every QB in the NFL..... ALL-THE-TIME. So thats just part of the game. A tipped pass by the defender (one that wasn't even CLOSE to being completed with three defenders around it) knocking it down and into the hands of another receiver that goes 87 yrds for a TD.... DOESN'T happen every week.

I'm not putting Orton down in the least. I'm not attacking him. But if you/me/us want to truly look at his play for the game... counting that TD pass is purely looking away and seeing that the stats/QB rating don't really match up with play that was on the field. Thats all that is being said.

Sure you can close your eyes to the play on the field and just look at the stat sheet. Might as well not watch the game if thats how you are going to judge/evaluate the play on the field.

And yes... if I see a ball that goes into a receiver's hands, pops out and up into the air and in INT'd... I do take that into consideration in favor of the QB.. .when EVALUATING the play on the field. Just as I don't count he INTs that a QB throws on the Hail Mary's as stats AGAINST him when evaluationg or calculating up the QB rating. Both of those situations don't show the QB played poorly, and shouldn't be counted against him. Just as this particular play, if you are looking to judge the play alone, really doesn't count FOR him.

Has nothing to do with game stats.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-14-2009, 01:21 PM
Sounds like how a lot of Broncos Fans were acting in regards to Cutler. How can anyone start to laugh at them when most people here were going nuts for months on end? Child please.

sanluis
09-14-2009, 01:32 PM
LOL at the Bear fans!! They should have know and expected this from Cutler. 400 yard game and critical INT games usually in the red zone are Jay's speciality IMO... :D

On a side note....

You lucky sons of ..... beep!!! How in the heck did you win that game??!!!

:salute:

Medford Bronco
09-14-2009, 01:41 PM
LOL at the Bear fans!! They should have know and expected this from Cutler. 400 yard game and critical INT games usually in the red zone are Jay's speciality IMO... :D

On a side note....

Hey Sanluis hope all is well. :salute:

bTW watch out for Richard Seymour tonight;)

I say SD wins 28-13 over the Raiders

Jemarcus does his Jay Cutler impersonation with 4 picks

MOtorboat
09-14-2009, 01:42 PM

A beautifully scripted play.

:coffee:

CrazyHorse
09-14-2009, 01:50 PM
He won. The only thing that matters.

22-12 or 17-21. Which one is the better record?

Judging quarterbacks this way is silly. It's way too subjective.
If Brady was on the Raiders would he have a great record?

MOtorboat
09-14-2009, 01:55 PM
Judging quarterbacks this way is silly. It's way too subjective.
If Brady was on the Raiders would he have a great record?

Tom Brady wouldn't be Tom Brady if he had been drafted by the Raiders.

I get the argument...but...

Day1BroncoFan
09-14-2009, 02:00 PM
I laugh at cutler. :laugh:

I laugh at bears. :laugh:

As for Orton. He did nothing great but he didn't kill us.

I only have one if: If cutler was our QB yesterday we would have had thos int's.

jhildebrand
09-16-2009, 10:46 PM

Well, Ravage, I guess you could look at it that way. I know most do but the fact is Orton threw the ball and it wasn't picked in part because of where it was placed which deserves credit.

I think if you are going off of the premise quoted above than you are all but forced to accept the opposite. The opposite would be counting almost Interceptions (like the two throws prior to Jay's first INT). We all know they should have been INT's. Its not as though they weren't INT's on Jay's accord. They weren't solely because of the DB! The fact remains almost int's dont count and miracles do. Big players make big plays when the time matters. Stokley has done it time and again. In fact, I wouldn't really look at that play as HUGE of a Miracle as some would have you believe.

MOtorboat
09-16-2009, 11:52 PM
Well, Ravage, I guess you could look at it that way. I know most do but the fact is Orton threw the ball and it wasn't picked in part because of where it was placed which deserves credit.

I think if you are going off of the premise quoted above than you are all but forced to accept the opposite. The opposite would be counting almost Interceptions (like the two throws prior to Jay's first INT). We all know they should have been INT's. Its not as though they weren't INT's on Jay's accord. They weren't solely because of the DB! The fact remains almost int's dont count and miracles do. Big players make big plays when the time matters. Stokley has done it time and again. In fact, I wouldn't really look at that play as HUGE of a Miracle as some would have you believe.

I am glad that we didn't count what ifs when Cutler was here, because the what ifs would have been terribly ugly.

Bronco Bible
09-19-2009, 06:52 PM
who has an over/under number on ints. when da Bears play the Vikings:confused:

T.K.O.
09-19-2009, 07:40 PM
If looking at Orton he played "ok". he did nothing to make us lose...he did nothing to make us win. I am not counting the td, it was pure luck. All other throws were just ok.

The people who say he sucked...get over it, he did not suck.
The people who say he played great...get over it he did not play great.

He was just there and kinda did his job.

We need a major upgrade at QB, whether through him getting better or by someone else stepping in we need an upgrade.

Back however on the subject of Cutler, as this is what the thread is about...where Orton did nothing for us to lose...Cutler did everything for the Bears to lose, he frankly played awful.
he did get us into field goal range only to be thwarted by 2 penalties that put us out of range,so in fact if we are dismissing the td we should credit him with at least putting us into position to win earlier.....yes?
but i do agree he didnt stink it up but his play needs to (and will) improve

T.K.O.
09-19-2009, 07:41 PM
who has an over/under number on ints. when da Bears play the Vikings:confused:

i'm goin' with 3