PDA

View Full Version : Source: O's, Ubaldo Jimenez agree

Denver Native (Carol)
02-17-2014, 09:36 PM
The Baltimore Orioles have agreed to a four-year deal worth roughly $48 million with right-handed pitcher Ubaldo Jimenez, a source confirmed to ESPN.com's Jerry Crasnick.

Fox Sports earlier reported the two sides had reached an agreement.

The deal is still pending a physical.

Jimenez, 30, went 13-9 with a 3.30 ERA, 194 strikeouts and 80 walks in 182 2/3 innings pitched with the Cleveland Indians last season.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10472838/baltimore-orioles-agree-deal-ubaldo-jimenez

CoachChaz
02-18-2014, 09:48 AM
A strikeout pitcher that doesnt give up many HR's. He has the best defense in the majors behind him, so if he can get his ground ball rate back up, he could have a big year. I like the signing.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-18-2014, 11:20 AM
A strikeout pitcher that doesnt give up many HR's. He has the best defense in the majors behind him, so if he can get his ground ball rate back up, he could have a big year. I like the signing.

I wish he was still with the Rockies. I hope he does well with the Os, as, IMO, he is a great person.

CoachChaz
02-18-2014, 12:31 PM
I wish he was still with the Rockies. I hope he does well with the Os, as, IMO, he is a great person.

I've always been a fan and in all honesty, when I created my O's off-season wish list, he was the top starting pitcher on it. So, I'm pretty happy. Now just need to get Kendrys Morales in town and the off-season was a success IMO.