PDA

View Full Version : Pixies vs. Jane's A vs. RHCP (poll included)

dogfish
02-17-2014, 03:16 AM
okay, granted, i'm pretty much goin' straight-up superchop here, with some made-up shit oughtta left field. . . but, at least i have the honesty and common decency to admit that i'm drunk-ish. . . that said, screw it-- who ya got?

Skinny
02-17-2014, 07:41 AM
Janes Addiction. Nothing Shocking is the shit.

Then the Pixies, then RHCP. Never been much of a Chili Pepper fan but i like a couple of their songs.

Slick
02-17-2014, 09:08 AM
Jane's Addiction.

Red Hot Chili Peppers would be second. Flea's bass playing is great although I don't like much of their stuff after Blood Sugar Sex Magic.

I don't really know much about the Pixies.

MOtorboat
02-17-2014, 09:20 AM
RHCP.

And how is this Superchop material. This is great offseason fodder. Did you listen to the Silversun Pickup tunes I posted yet.

GEM
02-17-2014, 10:37 AM
I love me some Jane's Addiction. Just really good shit! I could listen to all three, but if I had to pick one.

GEM
02-17-2014, 10:37 AM
Plus, the Pixies always remind me of TDK from the old Broncos Mania. :D

Rex
02-17-2014, 11:25 AM
not even close

Timmy!
02-17-2014, 12:10 PM
RHCP by a lot for me, one of my favorite bands. I like all 3 bands, but I do think James Addiction is vastly over rated.

dogfish
02-19-2014, 03:47 AM
RHCP.

And how is this Superchop material. This is great offseason fodder. Did you listen to the Silversun Pickup tunes I posted yet.

well, it's completely random and self-indulgent, so. . .

and no, but i'm about to. . .

it's tough for me to take anyone over JA, but on intense reflection, i had to give the nod to the pixies. . . more good albums, and a more diverse sound. . . the chick vocals over punk-ish stuff does it for me, and they're the masters. . .

obviously, there's no wrong answer-- all three are phenomenal. . .

Buff
02-19-2014, 11:16 AM
Jane's Addiction blows. I walked out on their set after a couple songs 2-3 years ago.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers are immortal.

The Pixies are old.

underrated29
02-19-2014, 11:18 AM
Rhcp....

On a side note I went to school with a girl that looked like Anthony keetus(sp?). She was kinda butch too

aberdien
02-19-2014, 05:36 PM
RHCP's schtick got old. Should've broken up a long time ago. Can they afford shirts yet?

Janes Addiction is who cares.

Pixies are the best of them all. Doolittle > any combination of RHCP/JA albums. Any band that features on the NCAA 2006 soundtrack is always gonna win. Pixies also influenced much better bands than the other 2.

CGOxi7U-sNw

CoachChaz
02-19-2014, 05:39 PM
I wont bash the others as I can listen to all 3. But I'd prefer to listen to RHCP 10 time out of 10 if given a choice of these three

MasterShake
02-19-2014, 11:22 PM
Jane's Addiction blows. I walked out on their set after a couple songs 2-3 years ago.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers are immortal.

The Pixies are old.

Was that the NIN/JA tour we were both at? I wanted to leave after Reznor's set. Chili Peppers are great and the Pixies are pretty good though I haven't heard most of their stuff.

NightTrainLayne
02-19-2014, 11:40 PM
RHCP wins out for me, largely on their live shows. Those fellows know how to entertain.

DenBronx
02-20-2014, 08:04 AM
RHCP and its not even close at all. They are still making hit after hit and are timeless. In fact they are the only thing I enjoyed at the SuperBowl. Plus they are from California!!

Janes Addiction has only a few good songs. The Pixies??? Who???

Dreadnought
02-20-2014, 09:30 AM
The Pixies are IMO the greatest band of that late 80's early 90's era. Quirky, fun, fast, off beat, creatively discordant, extremely influential. I like JA an awful lot too. RHCP are...OK. I don't change the channel but they are never on a playlist of mine

Skinny
02-20-2014, 04:09 PM
RHCP's schtick got old. Should've broken up a long time ago. Can they afford shirts yet?

Janes Addiction is who cares.

Pixies are the best of them all. Doolittle > any combination of RHCP/JA albums. Any band that features on the NCAA 2006 soundtrack is always gonna win. Pixies also influenced much better bands than the other 2.

CGOxi7U-sNwDoolitle is great. My favorite of all their stuff.