PDA

View Full Version : Updated....fixing the mess.

Superchop 7
02-16-2014, 05:47 PM
UPDATED Fixing the mess,

Oline- Putting more money into offense with defensive issues is a problem, (especially with 2 more contracts coming up next year, imagine if you are on defense and all the money is heading to the other side of the ball.....sends the wrong message to team)....so....knowing the media, as soon as I said Clark to LG....they mentioned Franklin....the perfect lead in .....this is Franklin at LG...http://youtu.be/NdhaXvJT7uo an absolute stud that gives us a running presence on either side of the center, especially in goal line, for those that question his feet....think about it for a second, the guy plays RT in the NFL, apparently he has ok feet, for those that want to see him pull, it is at 4:25. If Clark can play LT, he sure as hell can play RT.

RB- Moreno is gone but Ball looks good and it is time for Hillman to put up or shut up, Rajion Neal as UDFA. (similar running style to Moreno, did well in SEC) This is a draft where there is still good talent after rd. 7. I d worry if Ball goes down and Hillman can't step up.

WR- Decker is gone and I have changed my mind here, as much as I like Davante Adams WR is simply too much of a buyers market in free agency, I can get a nice player cheap. I think Bubba was just as good anyway.

DE- Must upgrade to stud in FA, outside of Dee Ford, who will be gone by our pick, there really is no other choice, good news, there are several out there to choose from. At Phillips age, there must be a quality rotation, Ayers really pissed me off in Superbowl.

DT- If Wolfe is OK, we are fine.

LB- Huge area of need, mobile QB's are the problem, need to draft and get younger faster, putting my 2nd, 3rd rd picks here. Looking for sideline to sideline tenacity. (Skov or Borland is a must, also fan of Christian Jones) Instantly a tougher defense.

CB- Goodbye Champ, SEE YA.. Harris and DRC are nice starting points, I like Fuller as our 1st pick, opposing teams are only completing 22% in the 11-20 yard range against him, based on that, more important than my former 1st Rd pick.

S- Throw enough at the wall and see what sticks, we have to upgrade or no Superbowl victory. I will be looking hard at combine numbers and comparing that with level of play, also, who was "coaching" them, can't have a huge learning curve like we did with Moore.

Dapper Dan
02-16-2014, 06:29 PM
I do really like Rajion Neal. He's a good receiver. Tennessee lined him up at WR a lot. He burned the Honey Badger at least once, that I can remember.

Simple Jaded
02-16-2014, 10:05 PM
You don't need to use a 1st round pick to get Donte Moncrief, similar player to Adams.

Btw, completely disagree that Caldwell was just as good as Decker, sit back and watch who gets the contract to prove it.

As for Ayers, it's entirely possible that he was asked to contain Wilson and not expected to rack up huge sack numbers in the SB.