PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Ice Hockey 2014

Pages : [1] 2

Buff
02-12-2014, 10:02 PM
The U.S. Men start tomorrow morning @ 5:30 AM local time vs Slovakia. I'm gonna get up and watch. Would be pretty awesome to win the gold in Russia, but Canada, Russia and Sweden are all favored ahead of us.

:usa2:

underrated29
02-12-2014, 10:38 PM
I'm worried about Sweden big time!

WTE
02-12-2014, 11:12 PM
Freakin' Pags cheers for Canada over America!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-12-2014, 11:13 PM
I didn't see that it was televised at 5:30. How are you going to watch that?

Buff
02-12-2014, 11:16 PM

It's on NBC Sports Network.

MOtorboat
02-12-2014, 11:20 PM

I think it's on NBC Sports Network live. 7:30 Eastern.

WTE
02-12-2014, 11:27 PM
I think it's on NBC Sports Network live. 7:30 Eastern.

Zdeno Chara is anchoring the Slovak team. I shall be watching live at 7:30 ET.

MOtorboat
02-12-2014, 11:36 PM
Zdeno Chara is anchoring the Slovak team. I shall be watching live at 7:30 ET.

I didn't realize he was Slovakian until I saw him carrying the flag.

Dapper Dan
02-13-2014, 12:10 AM
I'm not sure I'll know what's going on, but I plan on watching.

Buff
02-13-2014, 08:34 AM
Another goal... 4-1 now. Gotta get ready for work.

CoachChaz
02-13-2014, 08:48 AM
6-1 now.

Russia having a tough time with Slovenia. Only up 2-1

Dzone
02-13-2014, 10:56 AM
spoiler aLert spoiler alert! USA demolishes slovakia

SR
02-13-2014, 10:59 AM
Stastny had two goals...woot.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-13-2014, 01:27 PM
Men's Hockey Schedule

2 -15 - United States vs. Russia (NBCSN, 7:30 a.m. ET)

2-16 - - Slovenia vs. United States (NBCSN, 7:30 a.m. ET)

Rest of schedule - teams TBD

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/12/heres-your-olympic-hockey-viewing-schedule/

Dapper Dan
02-15-2014, 09:47 AM
USA and Russia seems like a good game right now.

chazoe60
02-15-2014, 09:50 AM
I'm scared to watch too much hockey because every time I do I really like it. I am a baseball and football addict and I'm afraid if I got into another sport my wife will castrate me.

GEM
02-15-2014, 09:52 AM
USA and Russia seems like a good game right now.

Russia seems a bit more physical than the US.

EastCoastBronco
02-15-2014, 09:59 AM
I think it's good for you guys to get a tough game like this before the next round.
Canada hasn't had any real competition yet and it may bite us in the ass.
Time will tell.

Dapper Dan
02-15-2014, 10:04 AM
I'm scared to watch too much hockey because every time I do I really like it. I am a baseball and football addict and I'm afraid if I got into another sport my wife will castrate me.

Sounds like you've already been castrated.

BroncoJoe
02-15-2014, 10:10 AM
Is there anything quite as good as a shoot out?

BroncoWave
02-15-2014, 10:13 AM
Is there anything quite as good as a shoot out?

They are very exciting, but to me it's kinda a cheap way to end the game. I'd prefer they just play it out until someone scores.

BroncoWave
02-15-2014, 10:19 AM
Wow, Oshie is the hero. I find it weird that you can let the same guy shoot over and over, but I will take it!

GEM
02-15-2014, 10:24 AM
I turned it rd 6, making me too nervous. Turned it right back, couldnt stay away. Lol! Now I remember why I have trouble with hockey. Haha! USA!!

SR
02-15-2014, 11:23 AM
Great win. Is hoe was money in the shoot out

WTE
02-15-2014, 12:54 PM
Russia's Slava Voynov criticizes his LA Kings teammate & USA Goalie Jonathan Quick for knocking net off on disallowed goal: "I play with him. I know that's his style"...

Wow.

BroncoWave
02-15-2014, 12:56 PM
lol he mad

WTE
02-15-2014, 01:09 PM
Russian hockey fans on Twitter are not happy with disallowd goal. Look what this guy wrote.......

Vladimir Soloviev ✔ @VRSoloviev

Похоже судья патриот. Лучше бы был честным.

chazoe60
02-15-2014, 02:46 PM
Sounds like you've already been castrated.

No, just happily married and wanna keep it that way.

Buff
02-15-2014, 02:53 PM
So bummed I missed the game this morning. Watched the shootout afterward on my phone.

Dzone
02-15-2014, 03:36 PM
That interview with Eruzione was the shit. They had the radio announcer of the 1980 miracle on ice, heard by eruzione for the first time. He said "Why havent more people heard this? This is awesome! I never knew this even existed"...It may have been a local tv broadcast or radio, not sure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fztlLwgSFCg

Denver Native (Carol)
02-15-2014, 04:07 PM
So bummed I missed the game this morning. Watched the shootout afterward on my phone.

I just heard them say they would show it all again tonight, starting at 8:00 pm Eastern

Buff
02-15-2014, 04:21 PM
I just heard them say they would show it all again tonight, starting at 8:00 pm Eastern

I'm definitely gonna watch it... But I was agonizing this morning when everyone on my twitter feed was freaking out about it and I couldn't find it on TV in my hotel room. Nothing beats watching it live.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-15-2014, 04:27 PM
I'm definitely gonna watch it... But I was agonizing this morning when everyone on my twitter feed was freaking out about it and I couldn't find it on TV in my hotel room. Nothing beats watching it live.

Agree that nothing beats watching it live, but I also like to watch replays, only of course, when the team I want to win - wins. Obviously, I am much more relaxed then - lol

BroncoWave
02-15-2014, 04:28 PM
I'm pretty sure they are only replaying OT and the shootout tonight.

ShaneFalco
02-15-2014, 04:33 PM
oshie made some Blues fans proud :)

Denver Native (Carol)
02-15-2014, 05:07 PM
I'm pretty sure they are only replaying OT and the shootout tonight.

I thought they said the full game, but that could be wrong. I have Comcast, and just checked the guide for NBCSP, and it shows from 4:00-6:00 MST, USA-Russia. I would not think the OT and shootout would take 2 hours.

BroncoWave
02-15-2014, 05:11 PM
This was tweeted by USA Hockey:

NBC to air OT and shootout of men’s hockey game vs. Russia tonight to open its primetime coverage. #teamusa #USAHockey

Dzone
02-15-2014, 05:16 PM
Did Russia try to hide its loss? LOL
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/did-russia-try-to-hide-its-loss-to-u-s-a-163454096.html

WTE
02-15-2014, 05:24 PM
Watching live hockey w/out any commercial breaks rocks.

pnbronco
02-15-2014, 06:35 PM

Not sure if you have on demand, but it's on there now. When I get done with a few more things I'm going to enjoy the whole game. Forgot this am and trying to get a 100 things done before I head out on Tues for 2 weeks.

Dapper Dan
02-15-2014, 07:29 PM
I watched most of the 3rd period online. Then NBC wouldn't let me watch anymore

BroncoWave
02-15-2014, 07:32 PM
I watched most of the 3rd period online. Then NBC wouldn't let me watch anymore

It only gives you 30 minutes free, then you have to sign in through your cable/satellite provider.

Dapper Dan
02-15-2014, 08:20 PM
It only gives you 30 minutes free, then you have to sign in through your cable/satellite provider.

And I don't have cable/satellite. So I missed the best part of the game.

Dzone
02-15-2014, 09:27 PM
Its definitely not the same watching taped hockey and you already know who is going to win.
But Ill tell ya a USA-Russia final next week for the gold medal would go a long way in helping to forget superbowl 48. :beer:

pnbronco
02-15-2014, 10:37 PM
That was great. So glad I got to see the whole game. Comcast does allow you to watch the entire game on demand. I think my stomach appreciated knowing the end....

Dzone
02-15-2014, 11:42 PM
Kinda sucks that the USA might be losing speed skating medals because of a certain type of body suit. Winning Because of technology. Absolutely its possible. The technology of suits is way out there and it can be a big factor. Ive seen guys who could only bench about 315 but when he put on a bench shirt, he we blow up like 400 pounds. Of course that technology will carry over to other sports. Looks like the USA speed skaters got the wrong suits

BroncoWave
02-15-2014, 11:44 PM
Kinda sucks that the USA might be losing speed skating medals because of a certain type of body suit. Winning Because of technology. Absolutely its possible. The technology of suits is way out there and it can be a big factor. Ive seen guys who could only bench about 315 but when he put on a bench shirt, he we blow up like 400 pounds. Of course that technology will carry over to other sports. Looks like the USA speed skaters got the wrong suits

Um, they switched to their old suits today that they won a bunch of medals in earlier in the year, and they still didn't medal in anything. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's not the suit.

Dapper Dan
02-15-2014, 11:58 PM
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay um!

chazoe60
02-16-2014, 12:03 AM
Ok smart ass, maybe youre right, and who cares? Once again, instead of being halfway cool, you choose to act like a complete jerk, as usual...changing your name from BTB to broncowave doesnt change your character like you said it would in your long message way back when. A leopard NEVER changes its spots and youre still a pompous *******. Theres never a reason to be an *******, but you never fail in looking for one.
edit : ******* replaced with jerk...sorry for the profaniity but good gawd, Is that why someone is on this board? To look for threads they can snipe on and be disagreeable and act smug?

I think you're overreacting. All he did was point out a fact.

BTW that Shawnee Davis guy or whatever his name is came off like a complete tool with all his whining about the suits. Then after finishing bad in the 1500 in his old suit he said and I quote "the damage was already done". Really? How about "I just didn't have it this time." He came across looking very bad IMHO.

MOtorboat
02-16-2014, 12:06 AM

BTW that Shawnee Davis guy or whatever his name is came off like a complete tool with all his whining about the suits. Then after finishing bad in the 1500 in his old suit he said and I quote "the damage was already done". Really? How about "I just didn't have it this time." He came across looking very bad IMHO.

Totally agree. If you complain openly about the suit, change suits and still do bad, you look like a total jackass. I would have lied through my teeth about how the other suit was "unlucky" and then everyone woulda been like, eh...

Slick
02-16-2014, 08:17 AM
That was funny.

WTE
02-16-2014, 09:11 AM

SR
02-16-2014, 11:17 AM
I don't think Russia will even medal. They damn near gave the game away today too.

BroncoWave
02-16-2014, 12:36 PM

Apparently that makes me a ***** ****** ******ing ******. :lol:

WTE
02-16-2014, 01:13 PM
I don't think Russia will even medal. They damn near gave the game away today too.

I think Russia feels the weight of their Nation on them. They have too much talent to be playing this tentative.

chazoe60
02-16-2014, 01:36 PM
Apparently that makes me a ***** ****** ******ing ******. :lol:
No, the fact that you are a ***** ****** ******ing ****** makes you a ***** ****** ******ing ******. But in this instance he overreacted.

Dzone
02-16-2014, 01:39 PM
Way to go Oshie! From Warrroad!

Dzone
02-16-2014, 01:52 PM
No, the fact that you are a ***** ****** ******ing ****** makes you a ***** ****** ******ing ******. But in this instance he overreacted.
LOL....Yes, I did overreact, but it wasnt just that one post that irked me. He had been acting rude in numerous posts prior to that one, not just to me but towards other members. I finally had enough and let him have it. I havent read his response and couldnt care less because I put that dude on ignore LOL

WTE
02-16-2014, 02:33 PM
I put his sig on ignore.

BroncoWave
02-16-2014, 02:43 PM
I put his sig on ignore.

Ah, those were a fun couple of days trolling you with that sig. Not to worry though, that great picture is no longer my sig. You are now safe.

WTE
02-16-2014, 02:53 PM
Ah, those were a fun couple of days trolling you with that sig. Not to worry though, that great picture is no longer my sig. You are now safe.

I think you're lying. I was checking out a thread the other day when I wasn't logged in and saw it. You can't fool me. I'm two smarts.

BroncoWave
02-16-2014, 02:55 PM
I think you're lying. I was checking out a thread the other day when I wasn't logged in and saw it. You can't fool me. I'm two smarts.

I'm not lying! I promise! I just took it off today. Regardless of what some sensitive sallies in this thread might think, I respect my fellow posters!

OrangeHoof
02-16-2014, 03:01 PM
My apologies. I thought this thread was about Olympic hockey and was going to congratulate the U.S. team for getting out of their bracket undefeated and getting the second seed going into the quarterfinals.

But since this thread is about personal insults, I'll just let you get back to that.

Dapper Dan
02-16-2014, 03:04 PM
My apologies. I thought this thread was about Olympic hockey and was going to congratulate the U.S. team for getting out of their bracket undefeated and getting the second seed going into the quarterfinals.

But since this thread is about personal insults, I'll just let you get back to that.

That's right. Don't let it happen again.

BroncoWave
02-16-2014, 03:46 PM
This thread got really emo really quickly. :lol:

Back to hockey talk, we put a 5-1 whooping on whatever communist foes tried to stand in our way this morning. MURICA!

Denver Native (Carol)
02-16-2014, 05:12 PM
Full replay - USA-Russia on right now on NBCSP. 17 something left in 2nd period - no score as of right now.

Slick
02-16-2014, 07:12 PM
How is the Mexican hockey team doing? I heard they were good this year.

turftoad
02-16-2014, 07:34 PM

I herd their in the hunt.

Dapper Dan
02-16-2014, 07:39 PM

They took our jobs!

WTE
02-17-2014, 07:04 AM
With the Finland/Canada game going to OT yesterday, Team USA will not face Canada or Russia again until a possible Gold Medal game.

SR
02-17-2014, 10:30 AM
My apologies. I thought this thread was about Olympic hockey and was going to congratulate the U.S. team for getting out of their bracket undefeated and getting the second seed going into the quarterfinals. But since this thread is about personal insults, I'll just let you get back to that.

I think it's ******* hilarious when you try to moderate a thread.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-17-2014, 05:46 PM
MOSCOW -- After a heated U.S.-Russia hockey match at the Sochi Olympics on Saturday, many Russian spectators have decided the cold war is back -- and not just on the ice.

Demonstrators gathered in Moscow on Monday to protest a official's call disallowing a goal by Russia late in regulation of a game ultimately won by the U.S. in a penalty shootout.

The protesters, organized by a Kremlin party youth group, donned Russian hockey jerseys and shouted, "Make soap out of the ref!" -- a common expression among Russian soccer fans.

Wielding a banner with a photograph of the American official, Brad Meier, many of the protesters used cheese graters to grate soap into buckets.

rest - http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=581316

Buff
02-17-2014, 05:47 PM
"Make soap out of the ref" is a common expression in Russia?

SR
02-17-2014, 06:54 PM
Ignorant Commies. The net was off its moorings. No goal. Get over it.

slim
02-17-2014, 06:55 PM
How are we doing? Someone break it down for me...

SR
02-17-2014, 06:59 PM
How are we doing? Someone break it down for me...

Undefeated. First round BYE.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-17-2014, 07:11 PM

Even better, we're causing protests in Russia.

slim
02-17-2014, 08:03 PM

Sweet. Did we play Canada yet?

WTE
02-17-2014, 08:06 PM
Sweet. Did we play Canada yet?

No, we don't play them until a Gold Medal game. Let's see how those self righteous (except for Patrice Bergeron) douchebags do this time around.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-17-2014, 08:12 PM
No, we don't play them until a Gold Medal game. Let's see how those self righteous (except for Patrice Bergeron) douchebags do this time around.

Ru sure, isn't there a chance we could face Canada in the semis?

Just out of curiousity, why is there an old fat lady wearing a stocking cap on the Patriots helmet in your avatar?

WTE
02-17-2014, 08:21 PM
Ru sure, isn't there a chance we could face Canada in the semis?

Just out of curiousity, why is there an old fat lady wearing a stocking cap on the Patriots helmet in your avatar?

No, we can't play Russia or Canada until a possible Gold Medal game.

And my avy is from a Star Wars theme NFL helmet promotion that was just conducted. Here's the Broncos Star Wars helmet.

Looks like a dying pony.

Buff
02-18-2014, 12:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8I9mf7eRFg&feature=youtu.be

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-18-2014, 12:09 AM
No, it looks like a newly castrated goat.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-18-2014, 12:14 AM
..as in Red Lion hotel lounge?

SR
02-18-2014, 07:07 AM
No, we don't play them until a Gold Medal game. Let's see how those self righteous (except for Patrice Bergeron) douchebags do this time around. Negative. We could play Canada in a semi final round. I think it's Russia and Sweden that we couldn't face until a gold medal round.

WTE
02-18-2014, 07:46 AM
Negative. We could play Canada in a semi final round. I think it's Russia and Sweden that we couldn't face until a gold medal round.

NBC provided incorrect info then in the Finland/Canada game. They said that game going to OT meant Team USA couldn't meet Canada or Russia until a Gold Medal game. I just checked the brackets and you are correct we could meet Canada in the semi's.

SR
02-18-2014, 07:54 AM
NBC provided incorrect info then in the Finland/Canada game. They said that game going to OT meant Team USA couldn't meet Canada or Russia until a Gold Medal game. I just checked the brackets and you are correct we could meet Canada in the semi's.

That game is where I got my info, so I think you may have misheard.

PatriotsGuy
02-18-2014, 12:44 PM
Go Canada!

chazoe60
02-18-2014, 12:45 PM
Go Canada!

It's ham not bacon, ******* dummies

PatriotsGuy
02-18-2014, 12:45 PM
It's ham not bacon, ******* dummies

Nobody I know calls that stuff bacon

chazoe60
02-18-2014, 12:47 PM
Nobody I know calls that stuff bacon

Okay, but what the **** is with you dummies and your excessive use of the letter "u"? Color doesn't have a ******* u in it.

PatriotsGuy
02-18-2014, 12:56 PM
Okay, but what the **** is with you dummies and your excessive use of the letter "u"? Color doesn't have a ******* u in it.

Queens English, they invented it.

chazoe60
02-18-2014, 12:59 PM
Queens English
No shit

BroncoWave
02-18-2014, 04:24 PM
More like queers english.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-18-2014, 04:28 PM
Go Canada!

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x136/pix_central/shared/lynchmob.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/pix_central/media/shared/lynchmob.gif.html)

Hey, that brings to mind, have they had any riots in Vancouver this year? I'm thinking they're due for their annual street party.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-18-2014, 07:56 PM
Quarterfinals

Feb. 19 11 a.m. CT Slovakia/Czech Republic vs. United States MSNBC

SR
02-18-2014, 08:24 PM
Quarterfinals Feb. 19 11 a.m. CT Slovakia/Czech Republic vs. United States MSNBC

I'll be following it online

Denver Native (Carol)
02-18-2014, 08:27 PM
I think the USA Women's hockey team will play at 10:00 AM MST on Thursday, against Canada, for the gold. Game on NBC

SR
02-18-2014, 08:37 PM
Women!? Hockey? Who the hell okay'd this?!

Denver Native (Carol)
02-18-2014, 08:45 PM
Women!? Hockey? Who the hell okay'd this?!

:hi::hi::hi:

Denver Native (Carol)
02-19-2014, 11:05 AM
UPDATE - Men's hockey game today vs CZE will be live at 10:00 AM MST, but it will be on USA Network

PatriotsGuy
02-19-2014, 11:07 AM
I hate that these are all on while I'm working

Buff
02-19-2014, 11:08 AM

Very lame.

BroncoJoe
02-19-2014, 11:09 AM

Home office setup ROCKS! I'll be watching :)

SR
02-19-2014, 11:40 AM
Lol Russia

BigDaddyBronco
02-19-2014, 11:50 AM
Lol Russia
Yea, when they come out and say if they only could win one gold metal it would have to be in hockey.....

Major fail.

SR
02-19-2014, 11:55 AM
Yea, when they come out and say if they only could win one gold metal it would have to be in hockey..... Major fail.

Fine by me

BroncoJoe
02-19-2014, 12:09 PM
So - should those of us who can watch live refrain from giving updates?

Buff
02-19-2014, 12:15 PM
I'm following along live - just saw the Czech's score.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-19-2014, 12:17 PM

They will reshow it at 3:00 MST on NBCSP

Denver Native (Carol)
02-19-2014, 12:22 PM
I'm following along live - just saw the Czech's score.

Please post link for those who would like to follow online

Buff
02-19-2014, 12:31 PM
30 minutes of free access here -

http://stream.nbcolympics.com/gold-zone/gold/14616/

BroncoJoe
02-19-2014, 12:32 PM
30 minutes of free access here -

http://stream.nbcolympics.com/gold-zone/gold/14616/

You can watch it longer if you give your provider's name, and your login info.

Buff
02-19-2014, 12:53 PM
U-S-A! U-S-A!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bg2rXimCMAA2ilJ.jpg

Denver Native (Carol)
02-19-2014, 12:55 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 3h

Immense pressure for Russia. Seemed like bad chemistry from the get-go. No medal for the home team. Biggest story of these Olympic games.

Wow. It's official. Russia ousted by Finland in the quarterfinals. 3-1 the final.

WTE
02-19-2014, 01:14 PM
I still call them Czechoslovakia.

SR
02-19-2014, 01:26 PM

Immense pressure for Russia. Seemed like bad chemistry from the get-go. No medal for the home team. Biggest story of these Olympic games.

Wow. It's official. Russia ousted by Finland in the quarterfinals. 3-1 the final.

I called it.

PatriotsGuy
02-19-2014, 01:35 PM
Canada is going to lose this game to Latvia, I can smell it.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-19-2014, 01:42 PM

I agree 100%. Canada is extremely overrated. I fully expect riots to break out in Vancouver in the next 45 minutes.

SR
02-19-2014, 01:49 PM

I would ROR

BroncoJoe
02-19-2014, 01:50 PM
U-S-A! U-S-A!

For the fun of it!

PatriotsGuy
02-19-2014, 01:51 PM
I agree 100%. Canada is extremely overrated. I fully expect riots to break out in Vancouver in the next 45 minutes.

I've never been to Vancouver, but I hear it's a beautiful place to riot.

SR
02-19-2014, 01:53 PM
I've never been to Vancouver, but I hear it's a beautiful place to riot.

I've always wanted to go there. Everyone says its such a cool city. I'd like to go to Quebec to see where my roots are from too.

Dapper Dan
02-19-2014, 02:07 PM
U-S-A! U-S-A!

:lol: That's what I posted on Facebook after we beat Russia.

Buff
02-19-2014, 02:13 PM
:lol: That's what I posted on Facebook after we beat Russia.

These are awesome!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bg27xcjCcAEsmK8.jpg

PatriotsGuy
02-19-2014, 02:18 PM
I'd like to go to Quebec to see where my roots are from too.

The city or the Province?

Denver Native (Carol)
02-19-2014, 02:22 PM
Canada survived 2-1

PatriotsGuy
02-19-2014, 02:25 PM
Canada survived 2-1

I never doubted them for a minute...

Dapper Dan
These are awesome!

I haven't seen this one. That's badass

Denver Native (Carol)
Both the USA women and men will play Canada for the gold.

WTE
02-19-2014, 03:26 PM
Both the USA women and men will play Canada for the gold.

As SR would say, "Negative." The men play Canada in the semis.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-19-2014, 03:58 PM
As SR would say, "Negative." The men play Canada in the semis.

Yes - semis - again at 10:00 AM MST on Friday. If the USA wins, will their next game be for the gold, and if so, when will that game be played?

underrated29
02-19-2014, 03:59 PM
Wait what happened to sweeden? How can we play for gold when Sweeden the #1 team (who I thought was best at beginning of this thread) is still in it.

I think gold is saturday and semis finals are friday?

SR
02-19-2014, 04:00 PM
The city or the Province?

Province. Montreal is such a beautiful city. I'd love to see it in person.

MOtorboat
02-19-2014, 04:11 PM
Wait what happened to sweeden? How can we play for gold when Sweeden the #1 team (who I thought was best at beginning of this thread) is still in it.

I think gold is saturday and semis finals are friday?

Sweden. FFS UR.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-19-2014, 04:25 PM
John Tavares suffered a leg injury during Canada's 2-1 quarterfinal victory against Latvia on Wednesday night in Sochi, Russia, and will miss the rest of the Olympic tournament.

The 23-year-old New York Islanders star sustained a hard hit from Arturs Kulda into the boards during the second period and did not return to the game.

Tavares writhed on the ice in pain for several seconds before skating to the bench and going to Canada's locker room.

rest - http://espn.go.com/olympics/winter/2014/icehockey/story/_/id/10484269/2014-sochi-olympics-john-tavares-hurts-leg-play-canada-again

underrated29
02-19-2014, 04:37 PM
Sweden. FFS UR.

Sorry dad

Denver Native (Carol)
02-19-2014, 08:15 PM
SOCHI — The weight of a despondent hockey nation on his shoulders and the sting of a shattered dream in his eyes, Russian goalie Semyon Varlamov stared at the floor and walked away, like a man condemned for life with the memory of a catastrophic 3-1 loss to Finland that eliminated his country from the Olympic tournament.

"Varly! Varly! Varly!" I barked at Varlamov in the mixed zone of Bolshoy Ice Palace.

The 25-year-old goalie did not look up. He looked like a zombie, wearing the mask men often use to cover unbearable pain. After losing the biggest game of his life, Varlamov kept walking to the Russian locker room that was quickly filling with eyes sadder than a Tolstoy peasant and deep, dark regret.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_25181665/kiszla-semyon-varlamov-scapegoat-russia-hockey?source=nav

PatriotsGuy
02-19-2014, 09:02 PM
Province. Montreal is such a beautiful city. I'd love to see it in person.

That's where I'm from. Definitely worth a visit.

WTE
02-19-2014, 09:10 PM
That's where I'm from. Definitely worth a visit.

Not really SR. Those snobs really dislike Americans. I've been there. Not great service.

SR
02-20-2014, 06:52 AM
Not really SR. Those snobs really dislike Americans. I've been there. Not great service.

I don't care it they dislike Americans. **** em.

PatriotsGuy
02-20-2014, 09:33 AM
I don't care it they dislike Americans. **** em.

Don't listen to WTE, ever.

WTE
02-20-2014, 10:23 AM
Go American Bitches!

BroncoJoe
02-20-2014, 10:25 AM
http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/m5eqNmn5vdF4NJ3UitZsng--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusolyexperts/USA-Womens-Hockey.jpg

WTE
02-20-2014, 10:58 AM
http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/m5eqNmn5vdF4NJ3UitZsng--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusolyexperts/USA-Womens-Hockey.jpg

There's a lot of cute girls on that team.

WTE
02-20-2014, 11:25 AM
I hope I can live stream this women's game.

BroncoJoe
02-20-2014, 12:03 PM
I hope I can live stream this women's game.

You don't have a TV in your office???

BroncoJoe
02-20-2014, 12:20 PM
I don't think I've ever watched Women's Hockey. Pretty scrappy girls. More entertaining than I expected.

underrated29
02-20-2014, 12:27 PM
I don't think I've ever watched Women's Hockey. Pretty scrappy girls. More entertaining than I expected.

They are good. On the russian team I play against there is a girl. She just joined their team. She is easily one of the top 4 players on that team (probably top 20 in the league). She plays defense and she is cute too. She had to have played for russian girls olympics at some point. There is no way a girl can be that good without having played professionally. She is also scrappy.

WTE
02-20-2014, 12:47 PM
You don't have a TV in your office???

Yes I do. I am watching. Good game. The goal tending is terrific on both teams.

Have you ever seen videos of the hockey fights between these two teams back in Oct Joe? It's awesome. These two teams hate each other more than the guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAp_hPxZT2Q

BroncoJoe
02-20-2014, 12:49 PM
Yes I do. I am watching. Good game. The goal tending is terrific on both teams.

Have you ever seen videos of the hockey fights between these two teams back in Oct Joe? It's awesome. These two teams hate each other more than the guys.

I had not seen that. Awesome.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-20-2014, 01:06 PM
Yeah, the rivalry between the US and Canadian women might be the best in all of hockey.

PatriotsGuy
02-20-2014, 01:52 PM
That second US goal was like a dagger through the heart. Nice play though.

WTE
02-20-2014, 01:53 PM
Go Girls!!!!

2-0 America!

MOtorboat
02-20-2014, 01:56 PM
That second US goal was like a dagger through the heart. Nice play though.

No you don't.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-20-2014, 01:57 PM
Go Girls!!!!

2-0 America!

I think I want the women to win gold as much as I want the men to.

Buff
02-20-2014, 01:59 PM
I think I want the women to win gold as much as I want the men to.

Weird. I hate womens sports.

There, I said it.

chazoe60
02-20-2014, 02:15 PM
Weird. I hate womens sports.

There, I said it.
It's funny, for a bleading heart liberal you are quite the misogynist.

slim
02-20-2014, 02:17 PM

And intolerant.

We have the game up in one of the conference rooms. USA!

BroncoJoe
02-20-2014, 02:18 PM
How did that puck not go in the empty net!!!!?????

BroncoJoe
02-20-2014, 02:20 PM
unbelievable. F'ing Canadians!

Buff

Unlike homos, they've had it really easy for a really long time.

Denver Native (Carol)
Tied at 2

PatriotsGuy
02-20-2014, 02:24 PM
How did that puck not go in the empty net!!!!?????

Nice ref interference on that one

WTE
02-20-2014, 02:24 PM
Wow. That stinks. Terrific game though. Usually women's hockey is slow as molasses. Not these two teams though. It's damn good hockey.

BroncoJoe
02-20-2014, 02:25 PM
Wow. That stinks. Terrific game though. Usually women's hockey is slow as molasses. Not these two teams though. It's damn good hockey.

I was thoroughly enjoying it until there was about 30 seconds left.

WTE
02-20-2014, 02:52 PM
I say this board flex's some of its American might by banning Pags and Weazel for a week.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-20-2014, 02:52 PM
Well - DARN

BroncoWave
02-20-2014, 02:53 PM
What an epic gag job by team USA. Geez.

BroncoJoe
That totally and completely sucked.

Denver Native (Carol)
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 1m

Utter heartbreak for USA. How do you blown that lead?

BroncoJoe
02-20-2014, 02:54 PM
5 on 3 PP in OT for the Gold Medal. Those refs should be tared and feathered.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-20-2014, 02:54 PM
Do the USA girls get the silver medal?

BroncoJoe
02-20-2014, 02:55 PM
Do the USA girls get the silver medal?

Yes.

BroncoWave
02-20-2014, 02:56 PM

We're lucky the refs didn't give Canada a penalty shot there at the end. I wouldn't exactly blame the refs for this one.

BroncoJoe
02-20-2014, 02:57 PM
We're lucky the refs didn't give Canada a penalty shot there at the end. I wouldn't exactly blame the refs for this one.

Wave, s.t.f.u. and let me be angry.

BroncoWave
02-20-2014, 02:58 PM
Wave, s.t.f.u. and let me be angry.

:lol: Ok, fair enough. Just keep in mind in the grand scheme of things it's only women's hockey.

Buff
02-20-2014, 03:01 PM
:lol: Ok, fair enough. Just keep in mind in the grand scheme of things it's only women's hockey.

Please never advance this line of thought ever again in any context for any sport. Ever. God dammit I can't say that with enough emphasis.

BroncoJoe
02-20-2014, 03:01 PM

I hope the men destroy the Canadian team and get revenge.

pnbronco
02-20-2014, 03:02 PM
So dang close, should of stopped watching with 4 minutes left....dang it!

BroncoWave
Please never advance this line of thought ever again in any context for any sport. Ever. God dammit I can't say that with enough emphasis.

Sorry for not being able to muster a huge level of pissed off for a team on which neither I nor 95% of people watching could have named a single player on a week ago. :noidea:

BroncoWave
I hope the men destroy the Canadian team and get revenge.

Fore sure. Sucks that they have to play in the semis instead of the finals.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-20-2014, 03:04 PM
During the break before OT, one announcer stated that in the second part of the 3rd period, USA was playing "not to lose", rather than playing to win.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-20-2014, 03:05 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 54s

Painful to watch this.

Buff
02-20-2014, 03:05 PM
Sorry for not being able to muster a huge level of pissed off for a team on which neither I nor 95% of people watching could have named a single player on a week ago. :noidea:

No, don't get me wrong, I'm with you. I don't see how you could get emotionally invested in women's hockey.

But in general, I like sports because I get emotionally invested. I don't need some a-hole on a high horse to try to put my life in perspective for me. /rant

BroncoWave
02-20-2014, 03:07 PM
No, don't get me wrong, I'm with you. I don't see how you could get emotionally invested in women's hockey.

But in general, I like sports because I get emotionally invested. I don't need some a-hole on a high horse to try to put my life in perspective for me. /rant

I was trying to put Joe's life in perspective, not yours. ;)

chazoe60
02-20-2014, 03:09 PM
I take it that the poutine eating hairy mountain beast women from Canada won? Don't worry, we win in the end because when they go home it will be to Canada. Suck it Pags.

BroncoWave
02-20-2014, 03:10 PM
I take it that the poutine eating hairy mountain beast women from Canada won? Don't worry, we win in the end because when they go home it will be to Canada. Suck it Pags.

Very good point. Well put.

BroncoJoe
02-20-2014, 03:11 PM
Man, the girl's faces are really sad. I'd hate to be one of their boyfriends tonight.

BroncoWave
02-20-2014, 03:12 PM
Man, the girl's faces are really sad. I'd hate to be one of their boyfriends tonight.

I wonder if women's hockey is like women's basketball where just as many if not more of the players have girlfriends than boyfriends.

slim
02-20-2014, 03:13 PM

I'm sure they wouldn't be thrilled about it either.

chazoe60
02-20-2014, 03:14 PM

I'd eat a big plate of wings in front of her and when she asked me for some I'd say "wings are winners" then I'd make her sleep on the couch.

BroncoJoe
02-20-2014, 03:15 PM
I wonder if women's hockey is like women's basketball where just as many if not more of the players have girlfriends than boyfriends.

The American girls look pretty feminine. Canada's? More like chaz's description.

PatriotsGuy
02-20-2014, 03:16 PM

I wish I was

chazoe60
02-20-2014, 03:18 PM

If what you say is true, where do these carpet munchers shower?

WTE
02-20-2014, 03:19 PM

I know. I have a lot of respect for those ladies. They have a lot of heart in them. They seem feisty. Some look very young. They will be back.

slim
02-20-2014, 03:24 PM
If what you say is true, where do these carpet munchers shower?

They can shower with me!

PatriotsGuy
02-20-2014, 03:26 PM
I know. I have a lot of respect for those ladies. They have a lot of heart in them. They seem feisty. Some look very young. They will be back.

I felt bad for them too, hell of a way to lose.

chazoe60
02-20-2014, 03:27 PM
They can shower with me!

Careful what you ask for, WNBA dykes are not the college girl experimenting Porno chicks you're imagining.

weazel
02-20-2014, 04:29 PM

OT is 4 on 4... Canada had a penalty so they were down 1... USA took 2 penalties so it flips to 4 on 3 for Canada. There can never be less than 3 skaters in hockey.

It was a pretty exciting game, that's a shitty way to lose. Canada didn't deserve the win, they played maybe 7 minutes of good hockey. The USA team is really good, and super fast compared.

BroncoJoe
02-20-2014, 04:33 PM
OT is 4 on 4... Canada had a penalty so they were down 1... USA took 2 penalties so it flips to 4 on 3 for Canada. There can never be less than 3 skaters in hockey.

It was a pretty exciting game, that's a shitty way to lose. Canada didn't deserve the win, they played maybe 7 minutes of good hockey. The USA team is really good, and super fast compared.

At the end of the day, I'm glad I watched. Sucks for the American girls, but it was an exciting game. Congrats to your team.

weazel
02-20-2014, 04:36 PM
The Canadian mens team is having a hard time finding the back of the net, I don't see tomorrow's game going our way.

pnbronco
02-20-2014, 04:41 PM
I felt bad for them too, hell of a way to lose.

It was, thanks.... I never thought of what they said during the medal ceremony that to win Silver you have just lost your game. It's tough but it was Jeremy Roenick that said you can't play to not loose, you have to play to win. I feel like that applies to so much more than hockey lately.....I hate these lessons.

pnbronco
02-20-2014, 04:44 PM
They can shower with me!

Oh Slim....you just keep putting it out there hoping someone says yes....:foilhat: Better watch it....when you keep asking the universe for something you can get it, but not always in the way you wanted it....

Denver Native (Carol)
02-21-2014, 11:08 AM
SOCHI, Russia -- The United States will be without Paul Martin, one of its top shutdown defensemen, for Friday's semifinal game against Canada, USA Hockey announced.

He had been mostly playing with his Pittsburgh Penguins teammate Brooks Orpik.

Martin has a hand injury, suffered during the quarterfinal game against the Czech Republic, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports, citing sources. Martin, who is currently wearing a splint and may eventually need a cast, will be re-evaluated in Pittsburgh, according to the paper.

rest - http://espn.go.com/olympics/winter/2014/icehockey/story/_/id/10494958/2014-sochi-olympics-us-paul-martin-semifinal-vs-canada

Reminder - game live today at 10:00 MST, on NBCSP

weazel
02-21-2014, 11:27 AM
and Canada will be without John Tavarez... arguably one of the top 5 players in the NHL. Islanders GM is pissed about it, as he is going to miss the rest of the NHL season.

This is why the NHL players shouldn't be there, or the IOC needs to pay the NHL clubs money for the use of their players.

WTE
02-21-2014, 11:34 AM
and Canada will be without John Tavarez... arguably one of the top 5 players in the NHL. Islanders GM is pissed about it, as he is going to miss the rest of the NHL season.

This is why the NHL players shouldn't be there, or the IOC needs to pay the NHL clubs money for the use of their players.

Screw the Islanders GM. His team sucks again this year. Now if there was serious injury to Rask, Bergeron, Erricsson, Krechi or Chara I'd be really pissed.

chazoe60
02-21-2014, 11:35 AM
Have we beat those faggots from Canada yet?

weazel
02-21-2014, 11:41 AM
Have we beat those faggots from Canada yet?

yeah, the figure skaters were done a day ago.

weazel
02-21-2014, 11:41 AM
Screw the Islanders GM. His team sucks again this year. Now if there was serious injury to Rask, Bergeron, Erricsson, Krechi or Chara I'd be really pissed.

ok...

Buff
02-21-2014, 12:40 PM
None of my co-worker friends are free to go grab an early lunch and watch the 2nd half of the game... So I think I'm gonna go by myself like a loser.

There is no justice in this world when I am working during the USA/Canada game.

weazel
02-21-2014, 12:54 PM
very tight checking game... whenever Kane is on the ice, the USA makes things happen though. I think Kane is going to end up being a hero today

pnbronco
02-21-2014, 01:01 PM
Come on US...pp let's tie it up.

BroncoJoe
02-21-2014, 01:01 PM
None of my co-worker friends are free to go grab an early lunch and watch the 2nd half of the game... So I think I'm gonna go by myself like a loser.

There is no justice in this world when I am working during the USA/Canada game.

I'd go with you Buff, but I'm kind of stuck at home with a stomach virus.

MOtorboat
02-21-2014, 01:02 PM
I'd go with you Buff, but I'm kind of stuck at home with a stomach virus.

Learn to shit?

BroncoJoe
02-21-2014, 01:04 PM
Learn to shit?

That's the point, midget. I can't be more than 50 ft. from a bathroom. It hasn't been a pretty morning.

CoachChaz
02-21-2014, 01:16 PM
Pisses me off when Canada scores...but it's Jamie Benn, so I'm conflicted

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-21-2014, 01:22 PM
That's the point, midget. I can't be more than 50 ft. from a bathroom. It hasn't been a pretty morning.

Sorry your day is so crappy.

My condolences

Denver Native (Carol)
02-21-2014, 01:49 PM
So far, way too much play in front of USA's goal. That needs to change real quick.

BroncoJoe
02-21-2014, 01:59 PM
I don't have a great feeling about this - we're not getting many opportunities at all.

WTE
02-21-2014, 02:03 PM
I don't have a great feeling about this - we're not getting many opportunities at all.

We're toast.

BroncoJoe
02-21-2014, 02:08 PM
damn.

CoachChaz
Game over

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
This sucks.....I probably wouldn't care so much if the women wouldn't have given yesterday's game away.

Denver Native (Carol)
It will be bronze or nothing

BroncoJoe
02-21-2014, 02:09 PM
That's it. We're annexing Canada. Welcome to the USA.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-21-2014, 02:12 PM
Game for bronze - Sat. 8:00 AM, MST

chazoe60
02-21-2014, 02:12 PM
Time to show Canada how badass we are where it really matters, WAR.

Buff
02-21-2014, 02:15 PM
Well that sucked. Kind of an anti-climactic last couple of periods.

underrated29
02-21-2014, 02:16 PM
So now the team I predicted to win it all is the team I have to root for.

Come on GABE! I want to see Canada riot!

weazel
02-21-2014, 02:18 PM
So now the team I predicted to win it all is the team I have to root for.

Come on GABE! I want to see Canada riot!

nah, we won't riot we'll just all by each other a beer at the bar.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-21-2014, 02:20 PM

Yeah, but you don't live in Vancouver. Rioting is a fad there.

underrated29

Well if you feel sorry for shutting us out you can buy one in our honor. We could use one right now.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
Time to show Canada how badass we are where it really matters, WAR.

Surrender pronto, or we'll level Toronto.

chazoe60
02-21-2014, 02:21 PM
It's just hockey, not like we lost a baseball game or something.

weazel
02-21-2014, 02:23 PM
well sorry guys, but you knew the rules!

http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/lBqNCHlbD4XubXTZI1i9Wg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTQyMTtweG9mZj01MDtweW 9mZj0wO3E9NzU7dz03NDk-/http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/sports/2014-02-20/5a0c3ce0-9a66-11e3-a6aa-3d59e9c1043a_bieberbillboard022014.jpg

Dzone
02-21-2014, 02:33 PM
Sweet!n Beiber gets kicked out of the country! That pos needs to go back to canada anyway. What a little douchebag.
He's prob never played hockey. He probably figure skated

pnbronco
02-21-2014, 02:37 PM
Well that sucked!!! OK come on Sweden....Gabe...go get get them!!!!!

weazel
02-21-2014, 02:41 PM
you guys are hilarious. If the USA would have won everyone in Canada would be routing for you to beat some gay ass team like Sweden

PatriotsGuy
02-21-2014, 02:44 PM

I had an American buying me beers and food throughout the game

Buff
02-21-2014, 02:50 PM
you guys are hilarious. If the USA would have won everyone in Canada would be routing for you to beat some gay ass team like Sweden

I think the USA/Canada hockey rivalry has gotten a little bit more pronounced in recent years. I still root for Canada in other events, but definitely will not be rooting for the hockey team.

chazoe60
02-21-2014, 02:55 PM
If America can't win I usually root for Canada or Poland.

BroncoNut
02-21-2014, 02:57 PM
If America can't win I usually root for Canada or Poland.

are you Polish?

chazoe60
02-21-2014, 02:58 PM
are you Polish?

Yes.

BroncoNut
02-21-2014, 03:01 PM
Yes.

all or a portion?

pnbronco
02-21-2014, 03:25 PM

This is hockey and they beat us last year for the Gold and now today. Plus I like Gabe a lot and when you include Daniel Alfredsson, Loui Eriksson, Alexander Steen they are just overall a nicer group of guys and I like nice players.

chazoe60
02-21-2014, 03:49 PM
all or a portion?

My paternal Grandmother was 100% Polish and my Paternal Grandfather was 50% Polish and 50% German. My mother's side is a mixed bag with some Polish and Irish.

MOtorboat
02-21-2014, 03:51 PM
My paternal Grandmother was 100% Polish and my Paternal Grandfather was 50% Polish and 50% German. My mother's side is a mixed bag with some Polish and Irish.

Oh man, a German-Polack. Did he have a split personality?

BroncoNut
02-21-2014, 03:54 PM

sounds like you have a lot of Pollack in you. I like polish people for some reason.

BroncoNut
02-21-2014, 03:55 PM
Oh man, a German-Polack. Did he have a split personality?

how do you figure? what is each known for? ie: Irish temper,