PDA

View Full Version : LeBron: I'll be among greatest

Denver Native (Carol)
02-11-2014, 06:22 PM
"King James" is confident he'll be NBA royalty by the time he's ready to leave the game.

"I'm going to be one of the top four that's ever played this game, for sure," LeBron James said in an interview that will air on NBA TV on Monday. "And if they don't want me to have one of those top four spots, they'd better find another spot on that mountain. Somebody's gotta get bumped, but that's not for me to decide. That's for the architects."

rest - http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/10439666/lebron-james-says-among-nba-all-greats

Well ok James - toot your own horn

BroncoWave
02-11-2014, 06:25 PM
Well, he ain't wrong.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-11-2014, 06:32 PM
Well, he ain't wrong.

I realize he is not wrong, but does he have to pat himself on the back?

BroncoWave
02-11-2014, 06:38 PM
I realize he is not wrong, but does he have to pat himself on the back?

If that's what he wants to do, then sure. Most sports fans already hate him, so he might as well play up the villain role!

MOtorboat
02-11-2014, 08:05 PM
He's in the all time starting five, so, yeah, he's not wrong.

MOtorboat
02-11-2014, 08:06 PM
C - Chamberlain
PF - Russell
SF - LeBron
SG - Jordan
PG - Magic

BroncoJoe
02-12-2014, 11:30 AM
C - Chamberlain
PF - Russell
SF - LeBron
SG - Jordan
PG - Magic

Bird?

BroncoNut
02-12-2014, 11:37 AM
Bird?

too pink

I have no problem with this. I don't follow the game much, so I don't know, but I'll take his word for it. he must be pretty good.

Mo, who is Russel?

MOtorboat
02-12-2014, 11:43 AM
too pink

I have no problem with this. I don't follow the game much, so I don't know, but I'll take his word for it. he must be pretty good.

Mo, who is Russel?

Um. Bill Russell. He of 11 NBA Championships.

MOtorboat
02-12-2014, 11:44 AM
Bird?

Sixth man.

Him or Oscar Robertson.

BroncoJoe
02-12-2014, 11:45 AM
Sixth man.

Him or Oscar Robertson.

Just not sure I could put LeBron a head of him. Yet, anyway.

BroncoNut
02-12-2014, 11:45 AM
Um. Bill Russell. He of 11 NBA Championships.

no need to be an ******* about it. I dont' follow sports 24/7 365. fuker. but thanks

Ravage!!!
02-12-2014, 11:48 AM
LeBron has NEVER every tooted his own horn. ALways been confident, but never one to say anything like this before...and personally.... I'm like hearing it. I heard the quote read over the radio, and I didn't think he said he WAS ....but wanted to be when all said and done. I don't see a problem with it, either way. People have over reacted to hs "decision" conference years ago and still want to hate on him for no reason, anyway. I don't have a problem with him bragging about his own skills.

If you EVER hear MJ talk, then you know that man is never one to let an opportunity go to let you know how great he was.

BroncoNut
02-12-2014, 11:50 AM
LeBron has NEVER every tooted his own horn. ALways been confident, but never one to say anything like this before...and personally.... I'm like hearing it. I heard the quote read over the radio, and I didn't think he said he WAS ....but wanted to be when all said and done. I don't see a problem with it, either way. People have over reacted to hs "decision" conference years ago and still want to hate on him for no reason, anyway. I don't have a problem with him bragging about his own skills.

If you EVER hear MJ talk, then you know that man is never one to let an opportunity go to let you know how great he was.

MJ? really? I haven't paid attention to him since the Bulls.

MOtorboat
02-12-2014, 11:55 AM
Just not sure I could put LeBron a head of him. Yet, anyway.

At the age of 29, James has more points (by more than 1,000 and averages 3 pts more per game career), is 74 assists shy of Bird's mark, has one more MVP award, and has 7 All-NBA first team selections to Bird's 9 (Bird had 6 at age 29).

Bird has 3 championships, LeBron has 2.

ShaneFalco
02-12-2014, 12:41 PM
he should have done it Muhammad Ali style. Shouting "im the greatest in the world"

Dapper Dan
02-23-2014, 04:34 AM
At the age of 29, James has more points (by more than 1,000 and averages 3 pts more per game career), is 74 assists shy of Bird's mark, has one more MVP award, and has 7 All-NBA first team selections to Bird's 9 (Bird had 6 at age 29).

Bird has 3 championships, LeBron has 2.

Why do people do that? When a player skips college everyone brings up their age and how far ahead they are. They should. It's a 4-year difference. At a given age, LeBron will have higher stats. He was 18 on draft day.

BroncoJoe
02-23-2014, 10:04 AM
Why do people do that? When a player skips college everyone brings up their age and how far ahead they are. They should. It's a 4-year difference. At a given age, LeBron will have higher stats. He was 18 on draft day.

Good point, db. I forgot about that.

Northman
02-23-2014, 10:36 AM
For me, my money is Bird.

Dapper Dan
02-23-2014, 10:43 AM
I think right this second, head-to-head, James is probably better than Bird. At 57, he's probably lost a step.

MOtorboat
02-23-2014, 11:00 AM

That's fair.

LeBron has already played more games than Bird in his career.

Bird's full career vs. LeBron
Points 21,791 to 22,480
Rebounds 8,974 vs. 5,92
Assists 5,695 vs. 5,639
Championships 3 vs. 2
MVP 3 vs. 4
NBA Finals MVP 1 vs. 2
All-NBA First Team 9 vs. 7
All-NBA Second Team 0 vs. 2
All-NBA Team Selections 9 vs. 9
All-NBA Defense 3 vs. 5

turftoad
02-23-2014, 11:42 AM
James is a great player but he's a puke. Does he really need to have "King James" on the back of his jersey?

MOtorboat
02-23-2014, 12:08 PM
James is a great player but he's a puke. Does he really need to have "King James" on the back of his jersey?

Don't blame James for that. That's a marketing ploy by the league to sell more jerseys.

turftoad
02-23-2014, 12:27 PM
Don't blame James for that. That's a marketing ploy by the league to sell more jerseys.

Meh, he has a choice and a huge ego.

Northman
02-23-2014, 12:30 PM

Agreed. He's a puke.

BroncoWave
02-23-2014, 02:58 PM

A pro athlete with a huge ego? Oh the horrors. Good thing the Broncos don't have any players like that.

atwater27
02-23-2014, 03:11 PM
Lebron isn't bad as far as ego and elitist attitude. Hell, Kobe is 10 times worse than James ever thought of being. Melo is worse too, and can't even back it up.

BroncoWave
02-23-2014, 03:14 PM
Lebron isn't bad as far as ego and elitist attitude. Hell, Kobe is 10 times worse than James ever thought of being. Melo is worse too, and can't even back it up.

And don't forget MJ. He had the biggest ego on the planet and everyone loved him.

atwater27
02-23-2014, 03:17 PM
And don't forget MJ. He had the biggest ego on the planet and everyone loved him.

Bird and MJ were notorious for their ego's and their mean spirited attitudes. Barkely was bad too.

Northman
02-23-2014, 03:27 PM
Sounds like some butthurt going on here. lol

BroncoWave
02-23-2014, 03:29 PM
Sounds like some butthurt going on here. lol

Not really. I just find it funny that people hate LeBron for his "ego" when pretty much all great NBA players have big egos.

Northman
02-23-2014, 03:31 PM
Not really. I just find it funny that people hate LeBron for his "ego" when pretty much all great NBA players have big egos.

Guess some players are easier to hate than others.

BroncoWave
02-23-2014, 03:32 PM
Guess some players are easier to hate than others.

:noidea: Guess so. I find guys like Kobe and Dwight Howard infinitely more hatable, but I guess we all view players different ways.

MOtorboat
02-23-2014, 03:34 PM
I don't understand why people dislike James as much as they do. He's not a thug. He doesn't show people up. Is probably the most gifted player to ever step on a court. Married his high-school sweetheart and appears to be a family man. Has never been in trouble with the law. Doesn't really flaunt his celebrity.

:whoknows:

Nike's idea for "The Decision" must be what it is, because I can't figure it out.

atwater27
02-23-2014, 03:35 PM
definitely Ron Artest. I wish one of the fans could have clocked him good when he was in the stands acting like he was Godzilla.

BroncoWave
02-23-2014, 03:37 PM
I don't understand why people dislike James as much as they do. He's not a thug. He doesn't show people up. Is probably the most gifted player to ever step on a court. Married his high-school sweetheart and appears to be a family man. Has never been in trouble with the law. Doesn't really flaunt his celebrity.

:whoknows:

Nike's idea for "The Decision" must be what it is, because I can't figure it out.

The decision is definitely what it is. He seemed to be pretty well liked in Cleveland. People's reaction to LeBron over the decision is one of the biggest overreactions I have ever seen from sports fans. There are athletes who have done way worse yet are much more well liked by fans in general. I really don't get it.

Honestly, I think it just became really trendy to hate LeBron after the decision, so many of the people who jumped on that trend at the time are still clinging onto it.

Dapper Dan
02-23-2014, 05:47 PM
If this were a football discussion, it would be different. I guess it's okay in basketball since everyone is taught to think they're the best. Do you think Peyton would say he will be among the greats when he retires? No. He's humble, it's why so many people like him. That's fine if you don't care one way or the other. There's nothing wrong with people having their own opinions.

BroncoWave
02-23-2014, 05:49 PM
There's nothing wrong with people having their own opinions.

Why do people default to this line when people disagree with them? Get over yourself. No one is saying you can't have your own opinions, we are just giving OUR opinions as to why we disagree with yours.

Dapper Dan
02-23-2014, 06:06 PM
Why do people default to this line when people disagree with them? Get over yourself. No one is saying you can't have your own opinions, we are just giving OUR opinions as to why we disagree with yours.

No. You're not. When someone starts saying another person's opinion is only "because it's popular to hate on X player", then that's more than simply disagreeing. I would expect you to know the difference.

And don't tell me to get over myself you ******* ****. Dzone was right. Same old BTBitch.

BroncoWave
02-23-2014, 06:09 PM
No. You're not. When someone starts saying another person's opinion is only "because it's popular to hate on X player", then that's more than simply disagreeing. I would expect you to know the difference.

And don't tell me to get over myself you ******* ****. Dzone was right. Same old BTBitch.

All I said is that I think that is, in general, a big reason he is still so hated. I did not single anyone in this thread out to hate him for that reason.

Like I said, get over yourself.