PDA

View Full Version : Marshall should not be in uniform

weazel
09-13-2009, 10:14 PM
He should not be in uniform and should still be suspended...

He showed no effort at all today and in my opinion purposely did not make catches. The one through the hands was horrible...

On the interception (edit: pass defended) along the sideline, he didn't even try to stop the defender from getting the ball.

This chump should be sitting at home...

broncohead
09-13-2009, 10:27 PM
non of our WRs did anything tbh. Our offense looked stale

guitarj
09-13-2009, 10:27 PM

He showed no effort at all today and in my opinion purposely did not make catches. The one through the hands was horrible...

On the interception along the sideline, he didn't even try to stop the defender from getting the ball.

What interception:noidea:

Ravage!!!
09-13-2009, 10:28 PM
As much as I understand some being upset with marshall, I ddidn't see ANY of that this week from him on the field.

nbenallo33
09-13-2009, 10:31 PM
he is part of the reason we won

rcsodak
09-13-2009, 10:37 PM

On the interception along the sideline, he didn't even try to stop the defender from getting the ball.

The same could be said about some posters here, there, and everywhere, that SAY they're Broncos fans, and yet, chide their every move.

Not aiming this at you, necessarily, weaz....just using this chance to opine. :wink:

GEM
09-13-2009, 10:58 PM
My dad and I talked about the same thing. We both said it's not the same Marshall from last season. He looked like he half assed it out there and did what he needed to do and that was it.

Maybe we saw stuff that others didn't, maybe we were looking for it, but I wasn't happy with what I saw.

:shrugs:

Reidman
09-13-2009, 11:01 PM
He has no heart to play for this organization anymore...

But he needs a paycheck...

I hope he comes around eventually and realizes this team can go a lot further if he plays his style of football...

DenBronx
09-13-2009, 11:07 PM
I think as soon as Orton gets his timing down with the WR's and Marshall becomes more familiar we will see alot more production from him. Marshall did have one throw that he should have caught but the rest of the throws were on Orton. We looked very vanilla on offense and still cant seem to shake this RBBC thing.

BigSarge87
09-13-2009, 11:07 PM
I (and my brothers) noticed that same thing. It really did look like he was almost missing catches on purpose. I hope that's not the case.

More than likely, he's still trying to get back to form from the 'extended' offseason he gave himself.

I just feel bad for the guys that have been there working hard all year. It's got to be hard for them to watch Marshall come in and look like crap.

Chidoze
09-13-2009, 11:09 PM
I'm surprised anyone has the brass to call out Marshall when the entire offense looked like poop.

DenBronx
09-13-2009, 11:12 PM
I'm surprised anyone has the brass to call out Marshall when the entire offense looked like poop.

We might as well call out Knowshon Moreno and his 1 yard average per carry.

Right now Stokely is the hero but everyone forgets that he almost lost us the game with the drop.

broncohead
09-13-2009, 11:14 PM
I don't think he played with the fire he did last season but I don't believe he missed passes on purpose.

DenBronx
09-13-2009, 11:18 PM
This is a contract year. He better play with fire or his butt is going to lose money.

GEM
09-13-2009, 11:21 PM

When it looks like you are wasting your God given talent and purposefully screwing over the team, I think you deserve to be called out. Orton gets called out all the time, why should Marshall be any different? When Marshall could make that offense look better, but chooses to play like a half ass, he's gonna get called on it. Nature of the beast.

Hell, I'd start a Champ Bailey looked soft thread, but whatever.

Chidoze
09-13-2009, 11:21 PM
We might as well call out Knowshon Moreno and his 1 yard average per carry.

Right now Stokely is the hero but everyone forgets that he almost lost us the game with the drop.
There were miscues all game long by the offense. Orton was leading receivers right into defenders and receivers were dropping passes.

They've ALL got a lot of improving to do.

guitarj
09-13-2009, 11:26 PM
There were miscues all game long by the offense. Orton was leading receivers right into defenders and receivers were dropping passes.

They've ALL got a lot of improving to do.

The point here is EFFORT.....not performance.

I sure do hope the offense improves though, it looked anemic.

Chidoze
09-13-2009, 11:27 PM
When it looks like you are wasting your God given talent and purposefully screwing over the team, I think you deserve to be called out. Orton gets called out all the time, why should Marshall be any different? When Marshall could make that offense look better, but chooses to play like a half ass, he's gonna get called on it. Nature of the beast.

Maybe he doesnt know what he is doing? He said himself he doesnt know the playbook.

The coaches probably threw him out there and let him rely on his ability rather than knowledge of the offense.

All I'm saying is the entire offense is suspect at this point. I didnt see a conscience effort by Marshall to half ass it. He looked lost at times, but I dont think he was just out there because he had to be.

DenBronx
09-13-2009, 11:31 PM
At least we don't have Matt Cassel on the team.

Chidoze
09-13-2009, 11:33 PM
At least we don't have Matt Cassel on the team.
He is the highest paid backup QB in the league, weird! :lol:

dogfish
09-13-2009, 11:57 PM
he didn't look any worse than the rest of the offense. . . .

Chidoze
09-13-2009, 11:58 PM
he didn't look any worse than the rest of the offense. . . .
My thoughts exactly! :salute:

Requiem / The Dagda
09-14-2009, 12:07 AM
You'd be surprised to the lengths people would go to try and give credence to whatever grudges or perceptions they have about certain things or individuals.

Watchthemiddle
09-14-2009, 12:10 AM
The entire Offense is a work in progress.

Remember, today was the FIRST time they were all on the field together. (Orton, Moreno, Marshall...etc.)

There is work to be done, however I would much have work to do as 1-0 then 0-1

shank
09-14-2009, 12:14 AM
i think marshall was trying, but discovered today the impact of all of his off-season shenanigans.

hopefully his poor performance will be humbling in that way. he has to know at this point that strong play is his road to a big pay-day, and his rocky offseason is now the main barrier. football karma? i think so.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-14-2009, 12:16 AM
As Chad Johnson would say to the naysayers questioning Marshall's effort -- "Child please."

Shazam!
09-14-2009, 12:17 AM
When you miss the amount of time Marshall missed, or course you're going to look awful.

I'm sure McD will see if he's costing the team he'll be benched.

He isn't worth it if that is the case. Good ******* riddance then. Let's see how he does with Duh Rayduhhz.

DenBronx
09-14-2009, 12:26 AM
Like one of the above posters said. It's the first time they have all had a chance to actually play a game together. If your calling out Marshall then you might as well call out everyone else. Call out Orton for not throwing the ball away in field goal range and taking a sack.

You guys just want something to complain about. Sounds like my ex wife.

GEM
09-14-2009, 12:29 AM
My goodness, no one has gone off on Marshall. Some made observations of what they thought they saw. It is an opinion. That's all. It's not about grudges and such. Some, myself included, thought that he could have put it some more effort than what it appeared he gave. No reason for all the animosity. This thread isn't about the whole offense, it's about Marshall. And I think it's obvious to anyone who watched the game that the offense looked anemic. It's just another talking point and it was bound to come up because of all of his antics.

GEM
09-14-2009, 12:30 AM
Like one of the above posters said. It's the first time they have all had a chance to actually play a game together. If your calling out Marshall then you might as well call out everyone else. Call out Orton for not throwing the ball away in field goal range and taking a sack.

You guys just want something to complain about. Sounds like my ex wife.

People made an observation...you guys are the ones getting all bent out of shape. Geez, settle down.

dogfish
09-14-2009, 12:33 AM
People made an observation...you guys are the ones getting all bent out of shape. Geez, settle down.

wanna fight?

DenBronx
09-14-2009, 12:36 AM

hell no.

GEM
09-14-2009, 12:38 AM
wanna fight?

Bring it on, baldy. :D

GEM
09-14-2009, 12:39 AM
hell no.

Settle down, Beavis. Huhuhuhuhuh! :laugh:

DenBronx
09-14-2009, 12:43 AM
Bring it on, baldy. :D

im going to let you tackle me.

GEM
09-14-2009, 12:45 AM
im going to let you tackle me.

:rockon: I'm a good aggressor! Defense has always been my favorite.

dogfish
09-14-2009, 12:45 AM
this thread just took a turn for the better. . . . :D

GEM
09-14-2009, 12:47 AM
It was my plan all along. ;)

DenBronx
09-14-2009, 12:48 AM
:rockon: I'm a good aggressor! Defense has always been my favorite.

wanna prove it?

frauschieze
09-14-2009, 12:50 AM
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

DenBronx
09-14-2009, 12:51 AM
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Gem started it.

Elevation inc
09-14-2009, 02:49 AM

i agree with this. i dont think he played half ass on purpose but he certainly didnt play well at all..... i hated ortons play, but i am objective enough to realize marshall needs to get his ass in gear, also moreno 1 YPC avg....gaffney, stokley drops as well.....champ bailey looked very soft......smith and goodman played much better BTW

Dirk
09-14-2009, 05:23 AM
Well I think that most everyone will be running laps today...:lol::lol:

Traveler
09-14-2009, 05:57 AM
I guess you can see the rust with Marshall. Missing alll that time during the offseason definitely showed yesterday. I don't think he was dogging it today. He's just not in football shape and isn't acclimated (sp?)to the speed of the game yet.

Tned
09-14-2009, 06:45 AM
I had to watch it on the computer, because I am traveling for work, so I will reserve complete judgement until I see it on a TV screen. Having said that, it wasn't a free stream, but a DirecTV Supercast HD stream, so it was pretty good.

While the pass went through his arms early, I did not see a guy half-assing it, but instead saw someone who looked like his timing was off, yet still led the team with 4 receptions and but with the exception of Stokely's miracle 87 yard deflection (his only catch) led the WR's in yards as well.

While I might change my mind when rewatching the game sometmie this week, I think people might be 'looking' for things to find fault with.

Dirk
09-14-2009, 06:50 AM
I think the whole offense was quite drab. Hopefully as Orton's finger heals and the WRs and Orton get their timing down the offense will come together. BMarsh included.

MOtorboat
09-14-2009, 07:41 AM
Catching the ball has nothing to do with timing when you completely whiff on three balls. If Marshall is going to suck that bad, the thread starter is right, he needs to be sitting, because he's hurting the offense.

claymore
09-14-2009, 07:44 AM
Catching the ball has nothing to do with timing when you completely whiff on three balls. If Marshall is going to suck that bad, the thread starter is right, he needs to be sitting, because he's hurting the offense.

Orton needs to sit then to. :werd:

MOtorboat
09-14-2009, 07:47 AM
Orton needs to sit then to. :werd:

He has a quarterback rating over 100. He did just fine. It would have been better if Marshall didn't have three drops, and the team had seven.

Davii
09-14-2009, 07:50 AM
I don't think he dropped any balls on purpose.

I think he's just had a lot of time without practice. Seriously, what did he go to, 5 practices the whole offseason?

He played as flat as the entire offense, I expect McD to practice the hell out of them.

claymore
09-14-2009, 07:51 AM
He has a quarterback rating over 100. He did just fine. It would have been better if Marshall didn't have three drops, and the team had seven.

If Orton can continue to miracle into wins I will take it. But I doubt that will happen.

MOtorboat
09-14-2009, 07:53 AM
If Orton can continue to miracle into wins I will take it. But I doubt that will happen.

It would have been a lot better had the receivers not dropped seven passes. The receiving corp did nothing to help Orton out. And the fact that they were dropping longer passes led to him having to force it underneath. Not to mention how bad the running game was after the first two runs. That was pathetic too...but excuses are only allowed when its Cutler under center.

claymore
09-14-2009, 07:56 AM
It would have been a lot better had the receivers not dropped seven passes. The receiving corp did nothing to help Orton out. And the fact that they were dropping longer passes led to him having to force it underneath. Not to mention how bad the running game was after the first two runs. That was pathetic too...but excuses are only allowed when its Cutler under center.

Excuses. He sucks. Bad.

broncofaninfla
09-14-2009, 08:27 AM
The entire offense sucked. The scheme and the effort.
Welcome to the dink, dunk and sack offense.

Ziggy
09-14-2009, 08:29 AM
The group that was watching the game with me all saw the same thing. Marshall not even extending his arms for the pass in the endzone during the 2 point conversion, not fighting for the ball when Cinci almost intercepted it along the sideline, and one other time. I'm going to have to go back and look at the tape, but it looked like he just didn't want to give his best out there.
I don't care who else sucked on offense, they were at least giving it thier all. I didn't see that out of Marshall. Like I said, I'll have to go back and look at the tape, but that's what 6 or 7 of us watching the game saw yesterday.

EastCoastBronco
09-14-2009, 08:37 AM
My goodness, no one has gone off on Marshall. Some made observations of what they thought they saw. It is an opinion. That's all. It's not about grudges and such. Some, myself included, thought that he could have put it some more effort than what it appeared he gave. No reason for all the animosity. This thread isn't about the whole offense, it's about Marshall. And I think it's obvious to anyone who watched the game that the offense looked anemic. It's just another talking point and it was bound to come up because of all of his antics.

I'm with you GEM...I watched the game with my cousin and when that long pass up the middle went right through his hands I said the same thing. The ****** didn't even try. I haven't got any use for Marshall and wish they would trade his baby T.O. ass but I call a spade a spade. I'd rather have Gaffney at 100% than Marshall playing at 20%.

broncofaninfla
09-14-2009, 08:40 AM
I wasn't impressed by Marshall but I don't think he played bad intentionally. I think his poor play was being game rusty and Orton telegraphing passes to him.

Mike
09-14-2009, 09:11 AM
I don't know if it his poor play was intentional, but he sure didn't look like he cared one way or the other...and that is equally unacceptable, IMO.

Poet
09-14-2009, 09:17 AM
I saw Marshall make some good moves to pick up a first down. He took some shots out there and that pass between his hands was underthrown big time and the guy was kinda in the air. The Cincinnati corners aren't exactly slouches either.

You guys see him play more then I do, but I thought he looked relatively sharp.

claymore
09-14-2009, 09:18 AM
I saw Marshall make some good moves to pick up a first down. He took some shots out there and that pass between his hands was underthrown big time and the guy was kinda in the air. The Cincinnati corners aren't exactly slouches either.

You guys see him play more then I do, but I thought he looked relatively sharp.

Whatd you think of our offense overall? I thought Maluga looked like a beast.

Poet
09-14-2009, 09:23 AM
Whatd you think of our offense overall? I thought Maluga looked like a beast.

Kyle Orton is solid, Moreno did really considering the circumstances, Scheffler can play ball, and your offensive line is still really good although they struggled at times.

I think that Eddie Royal is going to have to step it up this year a bit so you guys can run a very balanced but explosive offense. Explosiveness is the key; if you can keep teams off-balance it can make up for the short comings of the team.

The sky isn't falling, I've been telling so many of you guys that for so long.

Your turbulent offseason was so interesting it made me more of a Broncos fan.

Except for Stokely, I hate him.

claymore
09-14-2009, 09:27 AM
Kyle Orton is solid, Moreno did really considering the circumstances, Scheffler can play ball, and your offensive line is still really good although they struggled at times.

I think that Eddie Royal is going to have to step it up this year a bit so you guys can run a very balanced but explosive offense. Explosiveness is the key; if you can keep teams off-balance it can make up for the short comings of the team.

The sky isn't falling, I've been telling so many of you guys that for so long.

Your turbulent offseason was so interesting it made me more of a Broncos fan.

Except for Stokely, I hate him.
LOL, Gosh dang you had to have been pissed.

Poet
09-14-2009, 09:29 AM
LOL, Gosh dang you had to have been pissed.

At that moment in time, I was able to kill Stokely with my bare hands. There hasn't been a more heartbreaking loss for Cincinnati since Shayne Graham missed a FG to put us in the playoffs (the teams we needed to win and lose did).

The issue for Cincinnati is that next week we're at Green Bay and then we host Pittsburgh. Ugh. I don't think we are going to be 0-3 but we certainly are playing the hardest part of our schedule in the next few weeks.

nevcraw
09-14-2009, 10:36 AM
The whole O plays bad and here come the conspiracies of Marshall tanking on purpose.... LMFAO. Not likely.. given the fact the only way he ever gets paid is by playing his best..
It is funny to me that people were looking so hard to see him being a cancer they actually convinced themselves it happend..

Here's what really happened:

A. He is not in good shape
B. He was pulled in and out of the line-up did not get in any rythm.
C. He's practised 1 week since last season. HELLO!
D. He does tend to drop balls - see 08 for example - or did you all forget?

CoachChaz
09-14-2009, 11:28 AM
I've been as critical of Marshall as anyone, but I wouldnt go to the lengths to say he "intentionally" dropped balls. I just dont think he 100% ready to be on the field regularly yet.

Poet
09-14-2009, 11:31 AM
I've been as critical of Marshall as anyone, but I wouldnt go to the lengths to say he "intentionally" dropped balls. I just dont think he 100% ready to be on the field regularly yet.

It doesn't make sense to me. On that drop that went through his hands he had to slow down and semi- turn around because a ball was underthrow. The catch that he didn't make wasn't easy at all and Leon Hall and Crocker/Williams were right by him. It was catchable but it was a hard play to make.

If he wasn't going to try on that play he wouldn't have ran as hard during the game.

I think he's a classless piece of shit but still.

DenBronx
09-14-2009, 11:34 AM
I had to watch it on the computer, because I am traveling for work, so I will reserve complete judgement until I see it on a TV screen. Having said that, it wasn't a free stream, but a DirecTV Supercast HD stream, so it was pretty good.

While the pass went through his arms early, I did not see a guy half-assing it, but instead saw someone who looked like his timing was off, yet still led the team with 4 receptions and but with the exception of Stokely's miracle 87 yard deflection (his only catch) led the WR's in yards as well.

While I might change my mind when rewatching the game sometmie this week, I think people might be 'looking' for things to find fault with.

My thoughts exactlly Tned.

Marshall just might be a little rusty after surgery, losing his qb, not playing in preseason, not knowing the playbook, not having his timing down with Orton and not having yet jelled with the team. If he would have just caught that one deep ball then this thread wouldnt exist. I highly doubt Marshall was "half assing it"

One things for sure though. JMcD was deffinitely trying to get the ball into the hands of Marshall and often. He knows the talent this kids got and wants to use it.

powderaddict
09-14-2009, 11:40 AM
I really don't think Marshall was intentionally dogging it or trying to hurt the team.

But, he did look lost, and unmotivated. His usual passion and emotion where definately missing. I hope he gets better every week, but he was one of the major reasons the Broncos offense was so ineffective.

TXBRONC
09-14-2009, 11:42 AM
My thoughts exactlly Tned.

Marshall just might be a little rusty after surgery, losing his qb, not playing in preseason, not knowing the playbook, not having his timing down with Orton and not having yet jelled with the team. If he would have just caught that one deep ball then this thread wouldn't exist. I highly doubt Marshall was "half assing it"

One things for sure though. JMcD was definitely trying to get the ball into the hands of Marshall and often. He knows the talent this kids got and wants to use it.

Same here, I think has to do with him being rusty. The pass that went right through his hand I think it's possible the sun was in eyes and he lost track of it.

If McDaniels thought Marshall was dogging it why in world he call a play for him in last 30 seconds of the game? For that matter why would Orton attempt to get him ball at most critical juncture of the game?

WARHORSE
09-14-2009, 11:49 AM
There was no fight in Marshall. Really lacksadaisical.(sp?)

But if you look at the Stokely TD catch, Stokes was doing the same thing prior to the ball falling in his hands.

Guys tend to not run routes well when they know the ball is not coming.

Orton needs to get the ball out.

weazel
09-14-2009, 11:56 AM
The group that was watching the game with me all saw the same thing. Marshall not even extending his arms for the pass in the endzone during the 2 point conversion, not fighting for the ball when Cinci almost intercepted it along the sideline, and one other time. I'm going to have to go back and look at the tape, but it looked like he just didn't want to give his best out there.
I don't care who else sucked on offense, they were at least giving it thier all. I didn't see that out of Marshall. Like I said, I'll have to go back and look at the tape, but that's what 6 or 7 of us watching the game saw yesterday.

exactly...

the 2 point conversion and the pass defended were obvious. Eveybody on here saying Marshall was giving 100% effort are fooling themselves.

CoachChaz
09-14-2009, 11:58 AM
exactly...

the 2 point conversion and the pass defended were obvious. Eveybody on here saying Marshall was giving 100% effort are fooling themselves.

But he's so good, he should be able to give 75% effort and still deserve 10 million a year

:rolleyes:

silkamilkamonico
09-14-2009, 12:42 PM
Marshall was off. He wasn't doggin it, he just didn't play a good game.

I like how McDaniels stuck with him in there. He could have went with the logic that Marshall was playing terrible and pull him, but he let him try and find his way there. Even on the last 2 point conversion he went to Marshall.

The only way Marshall is going to mesh with the offense is by hands on playing in it, and I though McDaniels showed a commitment to Marshall throughout the game last night.

nevcraw
09-14-2009, 01:19 PM
exactly...

Obvious of what? lack of continuity with QB?

nevcraw
09-14-2009, 01:22 PM
I hated how they kept taking him out in 3rd down and Orton would try to jam it into double and triple coverage. even as a decoy he would have helved someone else get open.

Although not thread related - it would have been nice to see one 3rd and 2 play as a run.

I do expect next week to be smoother and cleaner than yesterday..

dogfish
09-14-2009, 01:46 PM
The whole O plays bad and here come the conspiracies of Marshall tanking on purpose.... LMFAO. Not likely.. given the fact the only way he ever gets paid is by playing his best..
It is funny to me that people were looking so hard to see him being a cancer they actually convinced themselves it happend..

Here's what really happened:

A. He is not in good shape
B. He was pulled in and out of the line-up did not get in any rythm.
C. He's practised 1 week since last season. HELLO!
D. He does tend to drop balls - see 08 for example - or did you all forget?

thank you. . . .

But he's so good, he should be able to give 75% effort and still deserve 10 million a year

:rolleyes:

apparently, some people here think he's so good that he can't possibly have a bad game, the first week of the season after he's barely played or practised in months. . . i guess brandon marshall doesn't have bad games unless brandon marshall wants to have a bad game. . .

TXBRONC
09-14-2009, 02:39 PM
thank you. . . .

apparently, some people here think he's so good that he can't possibly have a bad game, the first week of the season after he's barely played or practised in months. . . i guess brandon marshall doesn't have bad games unless brandon marshall wants to have a bad game. . .

Yep, some players are get a free pass just because they're not Marshall. It doesn't matter if they make mistakes.

T.K.O.
09-14-2009, 03:46 PM
i think on his 1st catch he scratched and clawed his way for a few xtra yds...after that i really didnt see much opportunity for him to do alot (other than catch that 1 pass that went through his hands... and that happens.
i doubt it was intentional,more a product of rust.
we will definately know more next week ,he should be in tune with the team:salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-14-2009, 05:11 PM
I am going to give Brandon the benefit of the doubt - rust, out of shape, no preseason games, almost 0 practice - hopefully he improves on the field in coming games. One thing The Sports Guys said not long ago, is that regardless what Brandon does on the field, he draws double and triple coverage.

dogfish
09-14-2009, 05:13 PM
if he comes out and lights it up next week, this thread is definitely getting bumped. . .

:welcome:

DenBronx
09-14-2009, 06:06 PM
Marshall was off. He wasn't doggin it, he just didn't play a good game.

I like how McDaniels stuck with him in there. He could have went with the logic that Marshall was playing terrible and pull him, but he let him try and find his way there. Even on the last 2 point conversion he went to Marshall.

The only way Marshall is going to mesh with the offense is by hands on playing in it, and I though McDaniels showed a commitment to Marshall throughout the game last night.

Yeah dude your spot on. No coach would pull a player after 1 or 2 bad plays if they were trying to build chemistry with them. If that's the case then Moreno or Orton should have been benched early in the game. You have to learn to stick with them especially this early in the year and we all know what Marshall is capable of on the field.

Two thumbs up to JMcD for throwing Marshall in and sticking with him. I think this will only help Marshall and other veterans to begin trusting the head coach.

Tned
09-14-2009, 07:32 PM

He led the receivers in catches and yards (ecluding the immaculate thing). The thread starter implied he was half assing it, which anyone that goes back and watches the game again, will see is not the case. He was running hard off the line, blocking in the run game, and clearly playing hard, but not fully in sync.

Should Stokely, Scheffler and the other receivers that dropped easy passes also be benched? :confused: Or, just the ones the punching bag of the fan police?

It doesn't make sense to me. On that drop that went through his hands he had to slow down and semi- turn around because a ball was underthrow. The catch that he didn't make wasn't easy at all and Leon Hall and Crocker/Williams were right by him. It was catchable but it was a hard play to make.

If he wasn't going to try on that play he wouldn't have ran as hard during the game.

I think he's a classless piece of shit but still.

On the quick screen pass, it was a little low, but he just dropped it. JUST like Chad Johnson did on a similar screen pass. In fact, on Johnson's drop on the little screen type pass, he didn't have defenders all around him like Marshall did.

Orton was routinely throwing to Marshall with double and triple coverage. The one long pass that was underthrown, Marshall should have caught, even though he was double covered and had to slow down and turn for it. It went between his hands.

On the one near the numbers, Orton threw it behind him, so he had to turn to get it (several other receivers had similar problems with balls thrown behind them or to their back him when running.

On the two point conversion that was mentioned earlier, unless he had five foot arms, why does it matter that he didn't extend his arms? It was a poor throw that Marshall had no chance to catch. Was he suppose to extend his arms on an uncatchable ball to 'prove' he is 'trying'?

:confused: I really don't get this. Do you guys REALLY think McDaniels would have kept sending him out there if he though Marshall was half-assing it? Do you really think he would have kept calling plays to his side if he didn't think he was trying?

Think about it, you can't have it both ways. You are pissed at Marshall and therefore rip him for the offseason stuff and talk about how McDaniels is a smart enough coach to not be held hostage by Marshall, but now you are saying that McDaniels is a bungling idiot, because unlike 'you', McDaniels couldn't see that it was plain as day that Marshall was half-assing it, not trying to catch the ball, could care less if he was out there.

Again :confused: at this complete lack of logic in believing you guys can see something that McDaniels and all the Broncos coaches couldn't.

Lonestar
09-14-2009, 07:32 PM
Yeah dude your spot on. No coach would pull a player after 1 or 2 bad plays if they were trying to build chemistry with them. If that's the case then Moreno or Orton should have been benched early in the game. You have to learn to stick with them especially this early in the year and we all know what Marshall is capable of on the field.

Two thumbs up to JMcD for throwing Marshall in and sticking with him. I think this will only help Marshall and other veterans to begin trusting the head coach.

on the other hand if he was dogging it then they might be pissed because he was bending over back wards to placate him..

The players would have know either way..

I think he is just so rusty that he sucked because of it and I hope the other players ride his ass till he is right..

I do have to admit when he dropped more than one the thought of him playing games did run through my mind

If it had been just one pass maybe I would not have thought that way....

then I thought well maybe he is not completely well yet from the hip the hand is acting up and then hey dumb ass I hope this wakes you up..

Tned
09-14-2009, 07:34 PM
I am going to give Brandon the benefit of the doubt - rust, out of shape, no preseason games, almost 0 practice - hopefully he improves on the field in coming games. One thing The Sports Guys said not long ago, is that regardless what Brandon does on the field, he draws double and triple coverage.

Exactly, and Orton kept throwing to him with that double and triple coverage. It's a testament to how good Marshall is, and the fact that Orton and McDaniels know (based on play calling and who was thrown to).

gobroncsnv
09-14-2009, 08:57 PM
Quite frankly, if this (Marshall bagging it) is the case, I'll leave it to McD to figure it out. I'll give both the benefit of the doubt.

MOtorboat
09-14-2009, 08:59 PM
Quite frankly, if this (Marshall bagging it) is the case, I'll leave it to McD to figure it out. I'll give both the benefit of the doubt.

I think the point is, even if he is "bagging it" or he's just not ready to be on the field...he shouldn't be on the field...

Whichever one is the reason, whether he's purposely not trying, or whether he's just not in sync with the team, if he's going to cost this offense what he cost them on Sunday, he doesn't need to be on the field.

broncohead
09-14-2009, 09:13 PM
I think the point is, even if he is "bagging it" or he's just not ready to be on the field...he shouldn't be on the field...

Whichever one is the reason, whether he's purposely not trying, or whether he's just not in sync with the team, if he's going to cost this offense what he cost them on Sunday, he doesn't need to be on the field.

Ya because everyone else played to perfection. Fact is Marshall looked just as bad as everyone else on the offense (except OL).

MOtorboat
09-14-2009, 09:20 PM
Ya because everyone else played to perfection. Fact is Marshall looked just as bad as everyone else on the offense (except OL).

I get that approach, but imo, it looked as if Brandon was dogging it, and it pissed me off.

There weren't other players that had a chance at a downfield catch and wiffed, except maybe Sheffler. He just looked like he was dogging it.

Davii
09-14-2009, 09:55 PM
I would agree there is a possibility he didn't give 100%, but there is a difference between not giving your all and purposely tanking something. I don't think he tanked it on purpose.

IF he didn't give 100% though, it's just as despicable in my mind.

For now, i'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt, if there are questions along the same lines after the next game or two, then no more benefit....

Tned
09-14-2009, 09:58 PM
I would agree there is a possibility he didn't give 100%, but there is a difference between not giving your all and purposely tanking something. I don't think he tanked it on purpose.

IF he didn't give 100% though, it's just as despicable in my mind.

For now, i'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt, if there are questions along the same lines after the next game or two, then no more benefit....

I think McDaniels has shown that he isn't going to put up with a player that isn't pulling in the same direction as the rest of the team. If he doesn't believe Marshall is giving his all, I am sure his playing time will be cut, and they won't call his number as often as they did this week, when he was coming in with virtually no practice time, but was still a major focus of the offensive game plan.

gregbroncs
09-14-2009, 10:23 PM
I think as soon as Orton gets his timing down with the WR's and Marshall becomes more familiar we will see alot more production from him. Marshall did have one throw that he should have caught but the rest of the throws were on Orton. We looked very vanilla on offense and still cant seem to shake this RBBC thing.
There were at least 2 that were terrible. One that he just flat out dropped and the one that went right through his hands.

NightTrainLayne
09-14-2009, 10:27 PM
I couldn't see the game, only heard it on Sirius while travelling.

I would expect that this is more likely due to rust, and missing a LOT of practice time in a new system with a new QB.

But let's keep this in perspective. Who missed all that practice time? Why wasn't Marshall in OTA's? Why did he miss the last week of camp? If he's rusty, that still falls on Marshall's shoulders, although it is much different than intentionally tanking the game.

MOtorboat
09-14-2009, 10:29 PM

I would expect that this is more likely due to rust, and missing a LOT of practice time in a new system with a new QB.

But let's keep this in perspective. Who missed all that practice time? Why wasn't Marshall in OTA's? Why did he miss the last week of camp? If he's rusty, that still falls on Marshall's shoulders, although it is much different than intentionally tanking the game.

I truly hope so.

Davii
09-14-2009, 10:32 PM
I think McDaniels has shown that he isn't going to put up with a player that isn't pulling in the same direction as the rest of the team. If he doesn't believe Marshall is giving his all, I am sure his playing time will be cut, and they won't call his number as often as they did this week, when he was coming in with virtually no practice time, but was still a major focus of the offensive game plan.

Agreed 100%. Actually, if McD feels he's "gaming it" I wouldn't be even a tiny little bit surprised to see him suspended for another week or two.

Elevation inc
09-15-2009, 04:36 AM

lol your blind what about gaffney's key third down drop, stokleys?? and royals drops...should they sit as well as sheffler since he had a drop, heck sit hillis to as hey had a key conversion dropped.....we will just let mckinnely do it all right????

whats funny is marshall had a key third down conversion to get us into field goal range on that second field goal, and before stokleys hail and hero play, marshall led in catches and yds....so if you wanna knock him you better amp it up on the others as well instead of picking and choosing what you feel suits your arguement best. whats even funnier is he was the first one down after getting tackled by 3 cincy players to congratulate stokley on his TD....but he must not care right???? he should be perfect, that way you can deflect away from how bad orton sucked and blame it on marshall so you feel better right????

Tned
09-15-2009, 06:51 AM

Yes, I can fully subscribe to blaming Marshall for the rust due to his actions leading to the suspension. Unless you believe he faked his injury (and there is no evidence of this), he couldn't avoid those couple weeks, but once he pulled that stunt in practice and got suspended, he missed nearly two weeks of practice that he couldn't afford to lose.

Agreed 100%. Actually, if McD feels he's "gaming it" I wouldn't be even a tiny little bit surprised to see him suspended for another week or two.

This is the coach that had Marshall running as a safety on the Scout team because he wasn't happy with his effort (or as a reaction for Marshall's agent asking for a renegotiation or trade). Who had 14 year veteran Weigman running a lap, because he and Chriss Simms botch a snap in practice. That suspended Marshall for Marshall's stunts in practice (and reportedly would have made it 4 games, but for the NFL's advice to escalate the punishments).

I really don't see him standing on the sideline, watching Marshall just go through the motions and 'not try'.

It's a theory that doesn't hold much water, especially when I am pretty sure that Marshall was targeted more than any other Broncos receiver on Sunday.

Now, if Marshall is inactive next week and it isn't due to injury, then we will have some evidence that McDaniels didn't like what he saw.

Chidoze
10-07-2009, 11:34 PM
Anyone still think Marshall is not committed still?

Day1BroncoFan
10-07-2009, 11:41 PM
I wasn't sure whether or not he's commited before but now I'm pretty sure he's commited. :salute:

BroncoTech
10-07-2009, 11:50 PM
The touchdown he made looked like the old Marshall and it came at the best time. Kudos to the guy for playing through it.

Chidoze
10-08-2009, 12:00 AM
I wasn't sure whether or not he's commited before but now I'm pretty sure he's commited. :salute:
I'm chalking it up to lack of knowledge of the playbook, and unfamiliarity with Kyle Orton. Both of which are Marshall's own fault and his alone.

He seems to know what he's doing now and starting to get on the same page as Orton, and we are seeing the results.

Day1BroncoFan
10-08-2009, 12:09 AM
I'm chalking it up to lack of knowledge of the playbook, and unfamiliarity with Kyle Orton. Both of which are Marshall's own fault and his alone.

He seems to know what he's doing now and starting to get on the same page as Orton, and we are seeing the results.

He seems a lot more like his old self now. Some of the threads I've read on his interviews have gotten a lot more postive.

I expect him to tear it up on Sunday against the patsies.

weazel
10-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Anyone still think Marshall is not committed still?

this was from a month ago dude, he wasn't committed at the time. The guy had just come off of suspension for not practicing and acting like a clown in practice!

Its been a month and obviously things have changed in that time. Being 4-0 obviously helps morale as well...