PDA

View Full Version : Here are Cutlers stats after his first 16 games.

sneakers
11-29-2007, 03:25 AM
Passing
completions - 275
attempts - 437
% percentage - 62.9

yards - 3385
touchdowns - 22
interceptions - 15

QB Rating - 89.3

Rushing
attempts - 40
yards - 139
yards-per-carry - 3.5
touchdowns - 1

Broncos Record
7-9

I would say that he has more than lived up to expectations (except for wins) in his first full year as Broncos QB.

omac
11-29-2007, 04:16 AM
Oh yeah; the most complex position to learn, and the one with the most pressure.

So many teams continuously search for the right quarterback, and sometimes invest money and time on the wrong guy. Some don't know whether they have to patiently wait for the QB to finally get it, or to search for a new one.

Buffalo has had so many ups and downs with Lossman, that they drafted Edwards, just in case, even though Lossman's pretty young.

Chicago continuing to stick with Rex, waiting for him to be less error-prone; then benching him; then starting him again. They have a big decision to make come draft day.

Cleveland's stuck it out with Frye, while loading their bench with young talent like Anderson, and even Dorsey's pretty young; still, they draft Quinn, only to later bench and trade away Frye, only to find out they had a very good QB warming the bench in Anderson.

Jacksonville's gone with Garrard, then benched him for their recently drafted Leftwich, only to later cut Leftwich and start Garrard again.

Oakland's gone with the veteran Brooks, only to bench him for the drafted Walter who they picked over Leinart and Cutler, only to bench him for McCown and Culpepper, and to give the keys to the franchise to another drafted QB in Russell.

Atlanta traded away their future QB in Schaub, only to be left with a career backup in Harrington, and a so-far bust in Leftwich.

Houston stuck it out for half a sack-filled decade with Carr, but finally finding their QB in Schaub.

KC deciding whether to go with the more steady play of the veteran Huard or the potential-filled, but still error-prone Croyle.

Then you have the McNair/Boller/Smith(?) situation in Baltimore.

A whole lot of teams aren't sure if they have the right guy at QB. Denver's got a pretty solid one, who'll hopefully have a long, successful career with a few Superbowls with them. :cheers:

SR
11-29-2007, 04:41 AM
Oakland's gone with the veteran Brooks, only to bench him for the drafted Walter who they picked over Leinart and Cutler, only to bench him for McCown and Culpepper, and to give the keys to the franchise to another drafted QB in Russell.

They didn't draft Walter ahead of Cutler or Leinart. They drafted Micheal Huff ahead of them.

omac
11-29-2007, 05:05 AM
They didn't draft Walter ahead of Cutler or Leinart. They drafted Micheal Huff ahead of them.

(edited)

Oops, you're right. My facts are way off; let's just say Al Davis was confident that Walter could turn out to be the QB he was looking for. The drafting of Russell later proves he was wrong. Good, wouldn't want Cutler with the Raiders. :cheers:

TXBRONC
11-29-2007, 08:14 AM

Walter was drafted two years before Cutler.

TXBRONC
11-29-2007, 08:16 AM
(edited)

Oops, you're right. My facts are way off; let's just say Al Davis was confident that Walter could turn out to be the QB he was looking for. The drafting of Russell later proves he was wrong. Good, wouldn't want Cutler with the Raiders. :cheers:

You're not too far off Omac. Al Davis passed on Cutler because he thought Walter was going to be his quarterback of the future.

omac
11-29-2007, 08:40 AM
You're not too far off Omac. Al Davis passed on Cutler because he thought Walter was going to be his quarterback of the future.

Thanks man. :cheers:

I'm not too sold on JaMarcus either though; before the college season started, he wasn't being talked about like he was one of the best QBs in the country; it was Quinn most of the time. Then he suddenly jumps in the rankings to be the best QB in the draft?

I think they drafted him primarily because of upsize potential, not necessarily because of his QB IQ/instincts. He's got excellent height and a strong arm, and good athleticism for his size, but I don't think he was better QB than Quinn, Kolb, or Beck.

omac
11-29-2007, 10:14 AM
Uhhh ... there's a smiley that looks like it came from the old movie Re-animator; it's a head with an arm coming out of his ear. :D

Lonestar
11-29-2007, 11:35 AM
Passing
completions - 275
attempts - 437
% percentage - 62.9

yards - 3385
touchdowns - 22
interceptions - 15

QB Rating - 89.3

Rushing
attempts - 40
yards - 139
yards-per-carry - 3.5
touchdowns - 1

Broncos Record
7-9

I would say that he has more than lived up to expectations (except for wins) in his first full year as Broncos QB.3

good numbers. thanks for compiling them

However since DEN will accept nothing less than a Superbowl win each year will they be good enough if they do not EQUAL Super bowl wins year after year.

TXBRONC
11-29-2007, 11:52 PM

good numbers. thanks for compiling them

However since DEN will accept nothing less than a Superbowl win each year will they be good enough if they do not EQUAL Super bowl wins year after year.

This is wrong. There might be some fans that think Denver should be in the Super Bowl every year but they would be in the minority.

Simple Jaded
11-29-2007, 11:57 PM
This is wrong. There might be some fans that think Denver should be in the Super Bowl every year but they would be in the minority.

51% to 49%...:D...

sneakers
11-30-2007, 12:33 AM
51% to 49%...:D...

50.000000000000000000001 % to 49.999999999999999999999999

:D:D

LoyalSoldier
11-30-2007, 12:35 AM
Passing
completions - 275
attempts - 437
% percentage - 62.9

yards - 3385
touchdowns - 22
interceptions - 15

QB Rating - 89.3

Rushing
attempts - 40
yards - 139
yards-per-carry - 3.5
touchdowns - 1

Broncos Record
7-9

I would say that he has more than lived up to expectations (except for wins) in his first full year as Broncos QB.

That's a number you always love to see in a young QB. Also I saw where he was up around 3rd in the league on 3rd down.

BaiLeY324
11-30-2007, 01:54 AM
Jesus, it's been a year since that Seattle game already?

Damn time flies.