PDA

View Full Version : Interesting proposal: Demaryius to TE

7DnBrnc53
02-09-2014, 06:47 AM
This person that I talk football with on You Tube (he is very knowledgeable) was saying to me how the Broncos should move DT to tight end because of his size and blocking ability.

I said that it may be an interesting concept to line him up there, at least part time, to create matchup problems, and have another Gronk-Hernandez situation. However, I said that I don't see it happening.

MOtorboat
02-09-2014, 10:12 AM
No.

OrangeHoof
02-09-2014, 10:18 AM
Again, no.

However, a two-TE offense isn't unthinkable and if we're letting Decker walk, the thought of replacing him with Jace Amaro from Texas Tech would be a creative touch. Imagine lining up DT and Welker wide then Orange Julius with Amaro (who both have deep speed) on either side of the line would be mismatch heaven against a lot of teams.

BroncoWave
02-09-2014, 10:24 AM
Yeah, let's tinker with the best offense in NFL history and move people around.

*fart*

Northman
02-09-2014, 10:39 AM
Errr, no.

JT had done a fabulous job as a TE so i dont even know why we would consider it.

BroncoJoe
02-09-2014, 10:41 AM
Man. It's going to be a long off-season.

BroncoWave
02-09-2014, 10:41 AM
Errr, no.

JT had done a fabulous job as a TE so i dont even know why we would consider it.

The only change that needs being made to this offense is to improve the o-line a bit. And maybe find a Decker replacement.

Shazam!
02-09-2014, 10:42 AM
This is the first stage of Broncos Separation Anxiety in the offseason.

MOtorboat
02-09-2014, 10:45 AM
Again, no.

However, a two-TE offense isn't unthinkable and if we're letting Decker walk, the thought of replacing him with Jace Amaro from Texas Tech would be a creative touch. Imagine lining up DT and Welker wide then Orange Julius with Amaro (who both have deep speed) on either side of the line would be mismatch heaven against a lot of teams.

They already have four capable tight ends, including a Pro Bowler (granted, I'm not sure of contract status). They have no problem lining up in two tight-end sets if need be.

UnderArmour
02-09-2014, 10:59 AM
This person that I talk football with on You Tube (he is very knowledgeable) was saying to me how the Broncos should move DT to tight end because of his size and blocking ability.

I said that it may be an interesting concept to line him up there, at least part time, to create matchup problems, and have another Gronk-Hernandez situation. However, I said that I don't see it happening.
agreed we need to move demaryius to te. but what ur youtube expert dont understand is that we need 2 cut manning and bring back tebow. that way we have tebow at qb demaryius at te and then we can make champ take a paycut and play receiver to replace decker. after we cut manning, we will have enough salary cap space to sign all of the defensive free agent so we will get jared allen greg hardy michael johnson bj raji and bryan orakpo to give us a pass rush then we can tell von miller to sit on the bench. after that we can bring in jairus byrd aqib talib vontae davis and re-sign drc so that champ can make his move to wide reciever. then, after that we can move brock osweiller to safety because his service wont be needed anymore with the all pro tim tebow taking snaps

:beer: championship

turftoad
02-09-2014, 11:15 AM
Yeah, let's take a top 5 WR in the NFL and make him a TE. Sounds logical. Not !

Simple Jaded
02-09-2014, 12:54 PM
Sweet, vonage!

Simple Jaded
02-09-2014, 01:04 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rqEcwm3PVVA&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DrqEcwm3PVVA

I think I found his YouTube buddy.

reimx007
02-09-2014, 01:04 PM
I'd be curious to know what this guys reasoning was. But that is an extrememly far-fetched idea. Especially if we lost Decker. DT is grwat at blocking DBs. There is no way he would be better used 20 pounds heavier and getting pushed around at TE. Julius struggled enough with blocking, and he probably has 20 pounds and 2 inches on DT.

MasterShake
02-09-2014, 01:26 PM
If Denver wanted a Blocking TE (which are a dime a dozen) Tamme would have played more. A good blocking WR is much more important in our offense anyway with all the short crossing routes and screen plays.

Northman
02-09-2014, 02:05 PM
Sweet, vonage!

Your (You're for MO) on a roll today.

Simple Jaded
02-09-2014, 02:34 PM

Thank you very little.

Btw, you use "too" wrong, too, or also.......as well.

Joel
02-09-2014, 03:26 PM
We have a Pro Bowl receiving TE and two more pretty good ones, though both are FAs and it's questionable whether we'll re-sign either. However, we only have ONE Pro Bowl flanker, and it's very doubtful we re-sign the only other good one; no one wants to enter next season with Welker as our only legit WR, while we've got more great receiving TEs than we can put on the field.

OrangeHoof
02-09-2014, 03:43 PM
They already have four capable tight ends, including a Pro Bowler (granted, I'm not sure of contract status). They have no problem lining up in two tight-end sets if need be.

You miss the point. The goal isn't to line up in 2-TE sets but to have two TEs in the formation that are matchup problems for both safeties and linebackers. Imagine having Peyton, Julius and Jimmy Graham or Gronkowski in the same offense? That's similar to what Brady had with Welker, Gronk and Hernandez together. How do you defend all of them? IMO, Demaryous is too fast to be a TE. He is better suited where he is.

Hawgdriver
02-09-2014, 04:21 PM
No.

I knew as soon as I read the thread title that the second post of this thread would be just so.

Jsteve01
02-09-2014, 04:51 PM
Denver just signed Gerrell Robinson to the active roster as an hback. This is the perfect move of a Big wideout to TE. He is similar athletically to Julius Thomas although admittedly not nearly as thick and he has a good understanding of route concepts as he played in a pro style offense at ASU and has been on practice squads for two years. We've seen it before but this one makes sense to me and may mean the end of the road for Tamme.

Hawgdriver
02-09-2014, 05:18 PM
Here's a real interesting proposal. Convert all the WRs including Welker to TE, and run 4 TE sets every down. If 2 TE set is good, 4 must be bonkers.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-09-2014, 05:24 PM
Forgive my bluntness, but that idea is dumber than a bag of hammers. :laugh:

topscribe
02-09-2014, 06:02 PM
You know how to spell "you're"?

topscribe
02-09-2014, 06:03 PM
Forgive my bluntness, but that idea is dumber than a bag of hammers. :laugh:
Now, that's dumb! *continues to play guitar*

DenBronx
02-09-2014, 07:42 PM
So we want to mess up the #1 offense? Got it.

Joel
02-09-2014, 08:20 PM
So we want to mess up the #1 offense? Got it.
To be fair, someone already did that more than adequately. But the problem isn't at the "skill" positions, and since we're probably losing our only other legit flanker and have plenty of good receiving TEs, turning our sole remaining flanker (who's a Pro Bowler at that spot) into a 4th receiving TE would probably be a massive error.

Why does everyone want to fix all the things that WORKED throughout the playoffs and ignore the ONE thing whose failures cost us our last and most important playoff game? :confused:

I wanna play, too: Why move Champ? Release him and make Harris and DRC next years starting safeties; Carter was such a great SB CB he and Ihenacho will be an unbeatable pair outside. ;)

Jsteve01
02-09-2014, 08:24 PM
Hey remember that one guy who came in found we had one of the best long snappers in the game, cut him, and then figured while our defense was the worst I'd ever seen in Denver that getting rid of all the star players from the previous pretty good offense would be a good idea? I kind of miss that guy

Simple Jaded
02-09-2014, 09:17 PM
Denver just signed Gerrell Robinson to the active roster as an hback. This is the perfect move of a Big wideout to TE. He is similar athletically to Julius Thomas although admittedly not nearly as thick and he has a good understanding of route concepts as he played in a pro style offense at ASU and has been on practice squads for two years. We've seen it before but this one makes sense to me and may mean the end of the road for Tamme.

Hope not, this doesn't exactly invoke a the more physical mindset this team clearly needs.

DenBronx
02-09-2014, 11:34 PM
To be fair, someone already did that more than adequately. But the problem isn't at the "skill" positions, and since we're probably losing our only other legit flanker and have plenty of good receiving TEs, turning our sole remaining flanker (who's a Pro Bowler at that spot) into a 4th receiving TE would probably be a massive error.

Why does everyone want to fix all the things that WORKED throughout the playoffs and ignore the ONE thing whose failures cost us our last and most important playoff game? :confused:

I wanna play, too: Why move Champ? Release him and make Harris and DRC next years starting safeties; Carter was such a great SB CB he and Ihenacho will be an unbeatable pair outside. ;)

No offense to the OP but moving DT to TE has got to be the most stupid idea I have ever heard. DT is a top 5 WR in the NFL.

Almost just as lame as moving the NFLs best OLB Von Miller to MLB right Joel??? Lol

BroncoWave
02-09-2014, 11:35 PM
The obsession some Broncos fans have with wanting players to be put at different positions never ceases to amaze me.

MOtorboat
02-09-2014, 11:38 PM
The obsession some Broncos fans have with wanting players to be put at different positions never ceases to amaze me.

To be fair, it's not just Broncos fans.

Simple Jaded
02-09-2014, 11:40 PM
They should move him to CB, worked for Dick Sherman.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-09-2014, 11:59 PM
They should move him to CB, worked for Dick Sherman.

Move him to SS. Then he'll be a faster version of Kim chancellor!

Simple Jaded
02-10-2014, 12:02 AM
Move him to SS. Then he'll be a faster version of Kim chancellor!

Shit! We need to get some more Demaryius Thomas's.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-10-2014, 12:13 AM
Shit! We need to get some more Demaryius Thomas's.

:laugh:

And a couple Ryan Clady's to play DT.

Simple Jaded
02-10-2014, 12:25 AM
:laugh:

And a couple Ryan Clady's to play DT.

Piece of cake. I'm surprised nobody's thought of this before.

TXBRONC
02-10-2014, 09:27 AM
When I first opened up this thread no one else had replied so I thought maybe it will just die because it's terrible idea. You just don't a top five receiver and convert him to a tight end.

BroncoNut
02-10-2014, 12:26 PM
Initially I don't like the idea, but am willing to give it some more thought.

whiteniko
02-10-2014, 10:30 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to teach Virgil Green to catch a football?

Simple Jaded
02-11-2014, 12:56 AM
Wouldn't it be easier to teach Virgil Green to catch a football?

Why would you do that when you could move Green to another position?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-11-2014, 01:15 AM

Dude, yur a freakin genius. Virgil is 250 and ran a 4.5 @ the combine. We have our new Mike.

WARHORSE
02-11-2014, 04:55 AM
NO.

You cant move a top WR in the league to TE.

However, I do think that if we find a speedster that can threaten the deep end consistently then lining the Two Towers of Thomas up at TE would be an effective way to create mismatches.

If we could get a RB with home run ability coming out of the backfield then we have an even bigger headache to present to opposing DCs.

Yes, we had the best offense in league history.............BUT........we should still be trying to get better on that side of the ball.

Playing DT at TE is a good changeup imo.

Changing his position?

Heck no.

TXBRONC
02-11-2014, 07:34 AM

Running back.

Buff
02-11-2014, 10:28 AM
Thomas has strong legs. He should be our kicker.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-11-2014, 11:09 AM
Thomas has strong legs. He should be our kicker.

ur a frekkin' genius!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-11-2014, 11:10 AM
Running back.

You know, he actually looked pretty good on his one carry. He use to line up in the backfield with Kap at Reno from time to time.

GEM
02-11-2014, 12:12 PM
FFS...Let's take one of the top WR's and throw him into the TE position. It will work out great. Don't we already have enough to worry about?

BroncoNut
02-11-2014, 12:15 PM
he's too small for my taste.

MOtorboat
02-11-2014, 12:17 PM
FFS...Let's take one of the top WR's and throw him into the TE position. It will work out great. Don't we already have enough to worry about?

If Denver moves Thomas to TE. Franklin to LG, Clark to RT, Miller to MLB and Champ to S I believe Denver is virtually guaranteed a championship.

That would fix everything. Or so I'm told.

BroncoNut
02-11-2014, 12:34 PM
my question is if we did this, where would we line Julius up at when we aren't using a 2 tight end set?

MOtorboat
02-11-2014, 12:40 PM
my question is if we did this, where would we line Julius up at when we aren't using a 2 tight end set?

Shhh. That's not part of the narrative.

Ravage!!!
02-11-2014, 12:43 PM
So it's an interesting Idea to move DT to TE???? :confused:

Why isn't anyone talking about moving Megatron to TE? That boy is HUGE!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-11-2014, 12:46 PM
So it's an interesting Idea to move DT to TE???? :confused:

Why isn't anyone talking about moving Megatron to TE? That boy is HUGE!

The answer to your question is simple. He should be an edge rusher.

Ravage!!!
02-11-2014, 12:47 PM
The answer to your question is simple. He should be an edge rusher.

Good point.. with that reach he woudl be unstoppable! MEGA-Sack!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-11-2014, 12:48 PM
Good point.. with that reach he woudl be unstoppable! MEGA-Sack!

"Mega-Sack" :laugh:

BroncoNut
02-11-2014, 01:01 PM
Tight ends tend to run shorter routes than wideouts and of course block. they are often used to move the ball up the field. that's really about all I know about the position

Ravage!!!
02-11-2014, 01:32 PM
"Mega-Sack" :laugh:

Hah.. talking about Tight Ends and mega-sacks.... this has taken a "Micheal Sam" turn.

CoachChaz
02-11-2014, 01:34 PM
Hah.. talking about Tight Ends and mega-sacks.... this has taken a "Micheal Sam" turn.

My guess is Sam is more of a wide receiver than a tight end.

GEM
02-11-2014, 01:35 PM
If Denver moves Thomas to TE. Franklin to LG, Clark to RT, Miller to MLB and Champ to S I believe Denver is virtually guaranteed a championship.

That would fix everything. Or so I'm told.

Hell, while we're at it, let's move Colquitt to MLB. :D

Everyone knows Von is too wacky tobackied up to handle MLB.

TXBRONC
02-11-2014, 08:38 PM
You know, he actually looked pretty good on his one carry. He use to line up in the backfield with Kap at Reno from time to time.

Yes because he was an H back iirc. Even so I don't know if he's actually running back material.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-12-2014, 12:02 AM
Yes because he was an H back iirc. Even so I don't know if he's actually running back material.

Maybe not, but he'd likely be a pretty decent fullback. He's a pretty good blocker.

Dzone
02-12-2014, 06:13 AM
Edelman to Denver?
http://www.csnne.com/blog/patriots-talk/wiggins-edelman-i-dont-see-him-re-signing-here?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

TXBRONC
02-12-2014, 07:59 AM
Edelman to Denver?
http://www.csnne.com/blog/patriots-talk/wiggins-edelman-i-dont-see-him-re-signing-here?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

Maybe but don't put it past Belicheat to tag Edelman.

Buff
02-12-2014, 10:00 AM
Edelman to Denver?

Welker was a captain. He was brought in as a complement to Manning on a 2-year deal. Also, I think he is owed $6 not $8 million. I just don't see us cutting him.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-12-2014, 11:00 AM
Welker was a captain. He was brought in as a complement to Manning on a 2-year deal. Also, I think he is owed $6 not $8 million. I just don't see us cutting him.
Only 2 million of his contract wasn't gauranteed, so I just don't see it either.

Simple Jaded
02-12-2014, 09:44 PM
Dude, yur a freakin genius. Virgil is 250 and ran a 4.5 @ the combine. We have our new Mike.

This GM stuff is child's play.

nevcraw
02-12-2014, 09:56 PM
look what happened with Tom Brady and Terrell Davis. All you need is that one chance.

Hawgdriver
02-13-2014, 01:29 PM

Before I realized who Kap was, I read this as something dirty. Lining up backfields in Reno just sounds sketchy. But that says more about me than anything else really. My mind doesn't need much encouragement.