PDA

View Full Version : Gradishar projected to be in HOF Class of 2015

7DnBrnc53
02-08-2014, 04:53 PM
On an NFL.com piece from Daniel Jeremiah, he projected Gradishar to be elected into next year's HOF class as a senior nominee with Kurt Warner, Junior Seau, Tony Dungy, Jerome Bettis, Orlando Pace, and Dick Stanfel, another senior nominee.

Wouldn't that be cool if he does, and the Broncos win the SB?

Simple Jaded
02-08-2014, 04:56 PM
God I hope you're right, if Gradishar had the same career with Pitt or Dal he'd have been a first ballot HoFer.

BroncoWave
02-08-2014, 04:59 PM
That would be nice, but Bettis getting in before Davis is a ****ing disgrace. Dungy getting in is a joke too. Is it suddenly a nice guy award?

TXBRONC
02-08-2014, 05:10 PM
I hope so because it's a freaking joke that he is still not in the Hall of Fame.

7DnBrnc53
02-08-2014, 06:55 PM
That would be nice, but Bettis getting in before Davis is a ****ing disgrace. Dungy getting in is a joke too. Is it suddenly a nice guy award?

It's because Dungy is on TV, just like John Lynch. That's why he made it further than Atwater. That's all the stupid media cares about. Those voters are useless. They should have their voting privileges taken away.

luckyseven
02-08-2014, 07:29 PM
Dream on, any chance of Pure Broncos getting into the HOF are zip..

BroncoWave
02-08-2014, 07:32 PM
Dream on, any chance of Pure Broncos getting into the HOF are zip..

Um, do John Elway and Floyd Little ring a bell?

luckyseven
02-08-2014, 08:01 PM
Um, do John Elway and Floyd Little ring a bell?

when did Little play? how many years did it take and how much lobbying.

As for John well he was a lock from day one but then he was a Colt first also.

As much as I believe Randy should be HOF, he flat is not John Elway caliber. Especially since he also lacks Johns two rings..

Denver Native (Carol)
02-08-2014, 08:34 PM
List of SB winners
http://espn.go.com/nfl/superbowl/history/winners

Hall of Famers by Franchise
http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/teams.aspx

Obviously by the list of Hall of Famers by Franchise - A SB ring makes no difference as to who gets into the hall. SD has MORE players in the HOF than the Broncos do, and SD has never won a SB. In fact, they have only played in one. Look at how many players Minnesota has in the HOF, without ever winning a SB. Other teams have more players in the HOF than the Broncos do, and without ever winning a SB.

Simple Jaded
02-08-2014, 08:36 PM
when did Little play? how many years did it take and how much lobbying.

As for John well he was a lock from day one but then he was a Colt first also.

As much as I believe Randy should be HOF, he flat is not John Elway caliber. Especially since he also lacks Johns two rings..

Since when do they have to be John Elway caliber to be HoF worthy?

MOtorboat
02-08-2014, 10:48 PM
Anyone have a link for this?

I found this: http://www.nfl.com/halloffame/story/0ap1000000226383/article/michael-strahan-charles-haley-headline-next-50-hall-of-Famers but this was published in August, so I wasn't sure.

The writer does say he thinks Gradishar should get in next year.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-08-2014, 10:54 PM

I found this: http://www.nfl.com/halloffame/story/0ap1000000226383/article/michael-strahan-charles-haley-headline-next-50-hall-of-Famers but this was published in August, so I wasn't sure.

Also has Peyton Class of 2020, Champ and TD Class of 2021

luckyseven
02-08-2014, 10:54 PM
Since when do they have to be John Elway caliber to be HoF worthy?

If you are a Bronco only it is almost mandatory.

luckyseven
02-08-2014, 11:00 PM
Also has Peyton Class of 2020, Champ and TD Class of 2021
Peyton may get in first ballot but it will mainly be because of his Colt time frame..
As for champ and TD getting in the next year there is not a chance in hell two Broncos get in at the same time.

Simple Jaded
02-09-2014, 01:50 AM
If you are a Bronco only it is almost mandatory.

Floyd Little was a true Bronco, I think.

dogfish
02-09-2014, 01:54 AM
Peyton may get in first ballot

"may?"

:lol::lol:

ABroncoFan
02-09-2014, 03:09 AM
Absolutely. Its amazing that the national media can't recognize talent. HOF should be based on talent not location. If the likes of Gradisar, Mecklenburg, even Tom Jackson were on a coast or major market team they would all be first ballot. Dennis Smith, Steve Atwater, c'mon man.

7DnBrnc53
02-09-2014, 05:47 AM

Yes, that's it. I would have posted it, but I didn't think that we were allowed to post links.

pnbronco
02-09-2014, 11:30 AM
I really hope Randy gets in. It's such a crime that he hasn't yet.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-09-2014, 12:16 PM
I really hope Randy gets in. It's such a crime that he hasn't yet.

I agree - it is such a crime some of the previous Broncos are not in. I am afraid that the only chance for most previous Broncos to get in will be thru the "senior" way, the way Floyd Little FINALLY went in. Players like Randy, Karl, Steve Atwater, Dennis Smith, TJ, etc.

Dzone
02-09-2014, 05:13 PM
The selection process for the HOF is a complete sham. I stopped watching the ceremony a couple years ago when curtis martin made it in before TD. What a disgrace. Oh well, with idiots liike warren sapp picking for the hall, no wonder its so screwed up

luckyseven
02-09-2014, 10:41 PM
Floyd Little was a true Bronco, I think.

Note the OP as stating ALMOST.
It took 30+ years and a lot of lobbying as well as vote trading to get him in.

luckyseven
02-09-2014, 10:44 PM
Absolutely. Its amazing that the national media can't recognize talent. HOF should be based on talent not location. If the likes of Gradisar, Mecklenburg, even Tom Jackson were on a coast or major market team they would all be first ballot. Dennis Smith, Steve Atwater, c'mon man.

Got to remember that those orange crush linebackers were going up head to head with the steelers LBs. Most of which are in the HOF, they got the press Broncos not so much.

luckyseven
02-09-2014, 10:49 PM
Peyton may get in first ballot, but it will mainly be because of his Colt time frame..
As for champ and TD getting in the next year there is not a chance in hell two Broncos get in at the same time.

"may?"

:lol::lol:
Way to take and edit my quote out of context.

Note the rest of the sentence. "But it will be because of his time as a colt". Kind of changes the MAY, you choose to mock.

MOtorboat
02-09-2014, 10:59 PM
Way to take and edit my quote out of context.

Note the rest of the sentence. "But it will be because of his time as a colt". Kind of changes the MAY, you choose to mock.

Not really.

Simple Jaded
02-09-2014, 11:57 PM
Note the OP as stating ALMOST.
It took 30+ years and a lot of lobbying as well as vote trading to get him in.

My bad. Hey, if your point, then, is the HoF voters "almost" suck we can agree on that but I think we should consider dropping rigid anus posting style, if you want people to understand you maybe you should elaborate a bit.

broncofaninfla
02-10-2014, 10:19 PM
Gradishar didn't go first ballot but he should have. It's unforgivable he isn't already in, he was that good. The list is long for Broncos who should be in there but for me, he tops the list.

luckyseven
02-11-2014, 12:14 AM
My bad. Hey, if your point, then, is the HoF voters "almost" suck we can agree on that but I think we should consider dropping rigid anus posting style, if you want people to understand you maybe you should elaborate a bit.

The HOF voters do not almost suck. THEY SUCK.
I choose not to post in long diatribes, believing in brievity.

shank
02-11-2014, 08:01 AM
i'm new too! rawr!

:backtobed:

7DnBrnc53
02-11-2014, 10:26 AM
Gradishar didn't go first ballot but he should have. It's unforgivable he isn't already in, he was that good. The list is long for Broncos who should be in there but for me, he tops the list.

Well, I don't know if he should have went first ballot (that would have been in 89 if he did), but he should have been in before the Broncos won their first SB.

spikerman
02-11-2014, 07:03 PM
Well, I don't know if he should have went first ballot (that would have been in 89 if he did), but he should have been in before the Broncos won their first SB.

I'm not sure if you ever saw him play, but imo, he was a first ballot guy all the way. He and Lambert were the two best linebackers of their day.

broncofaninfla
02-13-2014, 08:16 AM
I'm not sure if you ever saw him play, but imo, he was a first ballot guy all the way. He and Lambert were the two best linebackers of their day.

Agreed, during that era who was better, Gradishar and Lambert, was a constant debate and many publically expressed they felt Gradsishar was the better all around ILB. He was that good and by far the best LB this team has ever had bar none and we've had some good ones.

luckyseven
02-14-2014, 12:33 AM
Agreed, during that era who was better, Gradishar and Lambert, was a constant debate and many publically expressed they felt Gradsishar was the better all around ILB. He was that good and by far the best LB this team has ever had bar none and we've had some good ones.

well according to the HOF voters we now know who was best.

broncofaninfla
02-15-2014, 10:16 AM

Thats not an indicator of who's best, only proof that their selection process is severely flawed. There are dozens of former players who were better than players that made it in but are in limbo. As each year passes their chances of getting in decrease. The process sucks, Gradishar and former player like him are living proof of that.

TXBRONC
02-15-2014, 12:01 PM

Thats not an indicator of who's best, only proof that their selection process is severely flawed. There are dozens of former players who were better than players that made it in but are in limbo. As each year passes their chances of getting in decrease. The process sucks, Gradishar and former player like him are living proof of that.

Agreed that's not the best indicator who is the best. Flawed doesn't even begin to describe what a bunch of lame asses the voters are. Since Gradishar became eligible I've heard these excuses for why he didn't make the cut.

1a. He played in a 3-4 defense therefore his numbers are inflated.

1b. His numbers are inflated because at the time it was the teams themselves that kept track of the stats. Never mind that the majority of Lambert's career was played at the same time Gradishar played. They were in the same draft class. Gradishar went in the first round and Lambert in the second.

2. He didn't play long enough. He played 10 years the average career of a player is what 4 or 5 years tops?

3. He doesn't any rings never mind the shit load player that are in even though they don't have a ring.

luckyseven
02-15-2014, 08:20 PM
Agreed that's not the best indicator who is the best. Flawed doesn't even begin to describe what a bunch of lame asses the voters are. Since Gradishar became eligible I've heard these excuses for why he didn't make the cut.

1a. He played in a 3-4 defense therefore his numbers are inflated.

1b. His numbers are inflated because at the time it was the teams themselves that kept track of the stats. Never mind that the majority of Lambert's career was played at the same time Gradishar played. They were in the same draft class. Gradishar went in the first round and Lambert in the second.

2. He didn't play long enough. He played 10 years the average career of a player is what 4 or 5 years tops?

3. He doesn't any rings never mind the shit load player that are in even though they don't have a ring.

All of the above reasons are what has kept him out of the HOF, as reported by those in the know.

Perhaps I should have said

According to THOSE HOF voters lambert was better.

spikerman
02-15-2014, 08:22 PM
All of the above reasons are what has kept him out of the HOF, as reported by those in the know.

Perhaps I should have said

According to THOSE HOF voters lambert was better.
And according to the HoF voters, Curtis Martin was a better RB than Terrell Davis when in all actuality the only thing he was better at was staying healthy. Not trying to change the subject, but it's such a subjective process. Personally, I'm not sure that Lambert wasn't better than Gradishar, but if he was, it was damn close.

luckyseven
02-15-2014, 08:37 PM
And according to the HoF voters, Curtis Martin was a better RB than Terrell Davis when in all actuality the only thing he was better at was staying healthy. Not trying to change the subject, but it's such a subjective process. Personally, I'm not sure that Lambert wasn't better than Gradishar, but if he was, it was damn close.
I agree with both of your points. I was just saying overall it does not matter a bit what we believe but what the HOF voters do and how they vote.
It simply means that most Broncos will have an up hill battle to get into the HOF, due to one vote per city.