PDA

View Full Version : Wright thinks Seahawks would have beaten Broncos 90 out of 100 times

DenBronx
02-07-2014, 10:35 PM
An interesting question has been raised by some (at least, by us) in the aftermath of Super Bowl XLVIII. If the Broncos and Seahawks had played 100 times, how many times would the Seahawks have won?

Seattle linebacker K.J. Wright provided a number during Friday’s edition of Pro Football Talk on NBCSN.

“Probably 90,” Wright said. “I’d probably go 90 out of 100. They might’ve got lucky those other 10 times. They’re a good football team but you know the way we play, our style of play most teams just can’t match up with it. We are really good at what we do, we run the ball really well, we stop the run, and we just out hit guys, so you know most teams just can’t match up with our style of play.”

READ FULL ARTICLE HERE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/07/wright-thinks-seahawks-would-have-beaten-broncos-90-out-of-100-times/

wayninja
02-07-2014, 11:32 PM
That's statistical nonsense! If he hadn't omitted consideration of the coefficient of joint-durability, he would have realized that the fraction is closer to 86.3289 out of 100. What an idiot.

atwater27
02-08-2014, 10:54 AM
Man, those seahawks love to talk, don' t they.

Northman
02-08-2014, 10:59 AM
He's probably right but it is what it is.

Ravage!!!
02-08-2014, 11:01 AM
I guess they are just too unstoppable. Ask him how many in a row he believes they will win and lets go from there.

CrazyHorse
02-08-2014, 12:15 PM
I think adjustments are made after the first game. I really hope we beat them at home next year. Then they can all ****.

weazel
02-08-2014, 01:03 PM
43-8

only stat that matters

Joel
02-08-2014, 01:34 PM
I think adjustments are made after the first game. I really hope we beat them at home next year. Then they can all ****.
Yeah, 'cause then their Rings will be forfeit and they'll have to ship the Lombardi Trophy to Denver, just like when we stomped the Ravens in the first game after their SB win.

They won, and not only won, but dominated: I'm as sick as anyone of their arrogance and bandwagon fans, but they earned the right to say pretty much whatever the Hell they like.

slim
02-08-2014, 02:39 PM
90% against Denver....yet they managed only an 81% clip in the regular season.

:fart:

Ravage!!!
02-08-2014, 02:48 PM
Yeah, 'cause then their Rings will be forfeit and they'll have to ship the Lombardi Trophy to Denver, just like when we stomped the Ravens in the first game after their SB win.
You want to point out the absurdity of them shipping the trophy over to us, yet want to ignore the point of them playing us 100 times?

Joel
02-08-2014, 03:03 PM
You want to point out the absurdity of them shipping the trophy over to us, yet want to ignore the point of them playing us 100 times?
The one was a hypothetical; the other was not. The whole "we'll show those SB champs next regular season!" got old about 19 games ago. Also, Wrights claim has the advantage of empirical evidence (i.e. 2 games with a combined score of 83-18) rather than impotent rage. People say players don't care as much as fans; I say anyone getting paid millions for the privilege of making the whole organization look pathetic on global television darned well SHOULD care MORE. The Broncos can't and won't cut ME, but can and should cut some less "passionate" players.

Simple Jaded
02-08-2014, 10:27 PM
The one was a hypothetical; the other was not. The whole "we'll show those SB champs next regular season!" got old about 19 games ago. Also, Wrights claim has the advantage of empirical evidence (i.e. 2 games with a combined score of 83-18) rather than impotent rage. People say players don't care as much as fans; I say anyone getting paid millions for the privilege of making the whole organization look pathetic on global television darned well SHOULD care MORE. The Broncos can't and won't cut ME, but can and should cut some less "passionate" players.

You honestly rant and rave like a 2-year-old brat, and intelligent and articulate brat, but a brat nonetheless.

You know what else got old? YOUR impotent rage. I respect your opinion and you're clearly a good dude, sincerely, but you're the first person I've ever considered putting on ignore.

You need to grow the **** up, Joel.

topscribe
02-08-2014, 10:53 PM
What Wright and the Seahawks don't realize is that they played against an
injury-depleted defense with 1/2 of the starters on IR. How would it have
changed the game, had 1/2 of the Seahawks defense been on IR?

They get the Broncos this next year during regular season. I hope the
Broncos are as healthy then as the Seahawks were in the Super Bowl. Maybe
we'll see what could have happened on a level playing field . . .

Simple Jaded
02-09-2014, 01:47 AM

To be honest, this has the makings of the 2000's Broncos/Ravens matchup if they don't toughen up.

topscribe
02-09-2014, 02:16 AM
To be honest, this has the makings of the 2000's Broncos/Ravens matchup if they don't toughen up.
Yes, well, the Super Bowl was a hard enough lesson that I hope this has occurred to them . . .

Simple Jaded
02-09-2014, 03:20 AM
Yes, well, the Super Bowl was a hard enough lesson that I hope this has occurred to them . . .

I don't think this regime is as blind to their faults as Shanatan was.

Joel
02-09-2014, 02:37 PM
You honestly rant and rave like a 2-year-old brat, and intelligent and articulate brat, but a brat nonetheless.

You know what else got old? YOUR impotent rage. I respect your opinion and you're clearly a good dude, sincerely, but you're the first person I've ever considered putting on ignore.

You need to grow the **** up, Joel.
You're sort of right: My impotent FRUSTRATION got old and faded to numb resignation. Like at the end of '05 when I said we needed another legit Mike because we had NO ONE behind Wilson if he got hurt, and the defensive QBs backup is as critical as the actual QBs. Everyone said I was out of my mind; half a season later Wilson gets a career-ending injury and we haven't had a real Mike since. We brought in guys like Champs scrub kid brother, and finally went out and spent a whole THIRD round pick on another scrub; after nine years, I really don't expect any change.

The funniest part? The guy named Jaded still manages far more emotion about it; I'm still committed, but consciously refuse to ride the rollercoaster, and am very grateful after seasons like the recent ones. That '05 AFCCG so much like SB XLVIII (for VERY different reasons) permanently broke my orange-colored glasses. You know the state our offensive line was already in then and has remained in ever since, as well as how that cripples an offense; why are even debating it?

The recovery of our many injured starters will greatly improve a DEFENSE that played a great SB against Seattle without them. The unit that lost the SB (badly) was missing all of one starter, and it wasn't Franklin or Beadles, who still got blown up from kickoff to final gun. Unless our line gets MUCH better, why should Seattle or anyone expect the next meeting to be any different than the last one? If nothing's changed, nothing's changed. Hopefully our line DOES get much better, but pointing to the record book won't help beat Seattle any more than last time.

I don't think this regime is as blind to their faults as Shanatan was.
Really? This regimes response to 2 of this seasons 3 losses was "we made mistakes, but they're correctable." Well, a mistake becomes an error when one refuses to correct it, and we've not only lost 3 games by repeating the same mistakes, the last one humiliated us in front of the whole world. Hopefully top's right, and inability to say, "well, we only lost by an OT FG (or DOT in last years case) means we just need to tweak a few things," we'll force us to get serious. Then again, I've heard "this loss was the wake up call we needed," 3 times too many in the last year.

One-and-done vs. a team we STOMPED a month earlier in THEIR house—then watching them win a SB—should've been the last wake up call we ever needed. If that didn't do it, what can...?

LawDog
02-09-2014, 03:08 PM
I call it right now, Seattle will be next year's AZ Cardinals. 3rd place in NFC West with a record better than other division winners, and will miss the playoffs. Unless the league adds another wildcard.

Joel
02-09-2014, 06:31 PM
I call it right now, Seattle will be next year's AZ Cardinals. 3rd place in NFC West with a record better than other division winners, and will miss the playoffs. Unless the league adds another wildcard.
I believe the League's on record it won't add another WC before 2015, but unless the Seahawks have tons of injuries and/or NFL drug testing GREATLY improves, they'll be the team to beat. Even if they aren't, it'll only be because someone else is BETTER than the team that just ripped us apart literally from the start of the SB till its finish. Remember when we were #2 seed and all happy because the WC Steelers upset #1 seed Indy, giving us homefield for the AFCCG and sparing us the ignominy of another 40-10 lost to Manning? Remember how that ended?

To be the best we must beat the best; that's just how it is. Part of Seattles impressiveness is they don't do Belicheats "beat this team this way and that team that way" thing; they play their game VERY well every week and dare EVERYONE to beat it. Few have, and we are definitely not among them. The can talk the talk because they walked the walk, and there's only way to silence them. Sports history is littered with the corpses of teams that had the most talent and skill—except when it mattered most. They make great footnotes in entries on champions.

7DnBrnc53
02-09-2014, 07:06 PM
To be the best we must beat the best; that's just how it is. Part of Seattles impressiveness is they don't do Belicheats "beat this team this way and that team that way" thing; they play their game VERY well every week and dare EVERYONE to beat it. Few have, and we are definitely not among them. The can talk the talk because they walked the walk, and there's only way to silence them. Sports history is littered with the corpses of teams that had the most talent and skill—except when it mattered most. They make great footnotes in entries on champions.

Good point about Seattle. They have better athletes than Bellicheat's defenses had 10 years ago, with way more speed. The Patriot champions were about cheating, luck and smoke and mirror football. Both of the teams that played a week ago would beat those Patriot SB winners.

MOtorboat
02-09-2014, 07:08 PM
Good point about Seattle. They have better athletes than Bellicheat's defenses had 10 years ago, with way more speed. The Patriot champions were about cheating, luck and smoke and mirror football. Both of the teams that played a week ago would beat those Patriot SB winners.

You don't win three Super Bowls by cheating and luck. Sorry. I normally won't stick up for the Patriots, but that's absurd.

Seattle has one Super Bowl victory at this point. We'll see what happens from there.

7DnBrnc53
02-09-2014, 07:48 PM
You don't win three Super Bowls by cheating and luck. Sorry. I normally won't stick up for the Patriots, but that's absurd.

Seattle has one Super Bowl victory at this point. We'll see what happens from there.

The Patriots did. Oh, and I forgot: They played in an average to weak division as well. That also didn't hurt. Denver and Seattle play in much better divisions.

Jsteve01
02-09-2014, 08:29 PM
Sorry Mo, winning the three super bowls as closely as they did with the all out cheating that was revealed later should always tarnish those rings.

Runamok
02-09-2014, 08:58 PM
An interesting question has been raised by some (at least, by us) in the aftermath of Super Bowl XLVIII. If the Broncos and Seahawks had played 100 times, how many times would the Seahawks have won?

Seattle linebacker K.J. Wright provided a number during Friday’s edition of Pro Football Talk on NBCSN.

“Probably 90,” Wright said. “I’d probably go 90 out of 100. They might’ve got lucky those other 10 times. They’re a good football team but you know the way we play, our style of play most teams just can’t match up with it. We are really good at what we do, we run the ball really well, we stop the run, and we just out hit guys, so you know most teams just can’t match up with our style of play.”

this Wright must be.READ FULL ARTICLE HERE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/07/wright-thinks-seahawks-would-have-beaten-broncos-90-out-of-100-times/

What a jerk this Wright must be. I figure it's more like 97 or 98 out of 100 easily. :lol:

:defense: wins games.

Runamok
02-09-2014, 09:01 PM

Naw. I think the Seahawks are the real deal and unless they get decimated by FA, cap problems or big egos, they'll be the team to beat.

Simple Jaded
02-09-2014, 09:36 PM
The Broncos drafted Franklin in the 2nd round, extended franchise LT and signed All-Pro RG in the span of three offseasons, to argue that Denver is ignoring the OL is stupid. Replace Beadles is the next logical step, however, you and I both should start warming up to the idea that Denver might look at extending him as a logical step.

The OL struggled, they got their ass handed to them, but this was after a record setting season in which they performed admirably as a whole. They played well, point of fact, very well. My biggest concern is Clady's foot, not Ramirez, who has solidified himself, not Vasquez, who turned out to be one of those star FA's you've been whining about for two years and anybody that thinks Franklin should be replaced is out their ever lovin mind.