PDA

View Full Version : Montee Ball isn't a problem.

sneakers
02-07-2014, 03:32 AM
I just want to give you a heads up, we will lose Moreno....and get an overweight "Emmitt Smith" type in a few months in Montee Ball.

Just a heads up, he's my kinda guy.

Slated for success in my book.

Dapper Dan
02-07-2014, 03:40 AM
Sounds good to me, captain.

Joel
02-07-2014, 04:25 AM
I wasn't paying attention: WHO'S slated for success in your butt? Never mind; I prefer not knowing. :tongue:

CrazyHorse
02-07-2014, 04:26 AM
Are you just saying this 'cause he's a Badger?

Dapper Dan
02-07-2014, 04:31 AM
Badgers? Badgers? We don't need no stinkin Badgers.

sneakers
02-07-2014, 07:00 AM
Badgers? Badgers? We don't need no stinkin Badgers.

Raul's Wild Kingdom was a GOAT show

TXBRONC
02-07-2014, 07:30 AM
Thanks for the heads up.

DenBronx
02-07-2014, 07:50 AM
Eddie Lacy for the win.

Timmy!
02-07-2014, 08:11 AM
Over/under for semi amusing sneakers threads between now and preason- 6.5

Place your bets

Dapper Dan
02-07-2014, 08:13 AM
I still think when we look back years from now Ball>Lacy

TXBRONC
02-07-2014, 09:16 AM

Place your bets

I don't know I think he averages a semi amusing thread every 7.8 months.

Dapper Dan
02-07-2014, 09:17 AM

Place your bets

Under

TXBRONC
02-07-2014, 09:18 AM
Under

Way under.

artie_dale
02-07-2014, 09:53 AM
For a guy who started the season as the 3rd string and did have some fumble-ides early on, but also corrected that, I think he's on a good pace to fill in for Knowshon. Ball made better receptions in the latter part of the season (early on, it showed he need to shore that up). He runs hard and when he gets hit, he's pushing and falling forward. Hillman reminds me too much of Tatum Bell but I liked what I've seen from CJ Anderson. He's got burst, very quick. I think a combo of the two (if CJ can develop into a better blocking/rcving back) would be a nice one-two punch.

chazoe60
02-07-2014, 12:12 PM
I much prefer Sneakers brand of crazy to Superchop's.

BroncoNut
02-07-2014, 12:49 PM
no Wisconsin homerism in this thread at all

Dzone
02-07-2014, 01:00 PM
LMAO!
Its the sneakers cats threads that trouble me. I have a dog that has killed every loose cat in this neighborhood, and I feel bad about it...Then I bury the dead cats and my dog digs them up. I saw him running around with a cat leg in his mouth

slim
02-07-2014, 01:06 PM
So is he a problem or isn't he?

I'm so confused.

BroncoNut
02-07-2014, 01:08 PM
LMAO!
Its the sneakers cats threads that trouble me. I have a dog that has killed every loose cat in this neighborhood, and I feel bad about it...Then I bury the dead cats and my dog digs them up. I saw him running around with a cat leg in his mouth

holy titty****!!!! what kind of dog and did you get in any trouble with neighbors? I had a dog kill a cat on a late night walk and we just got the **** out of there.

tripp
02-07-2014, 02:52 PM
I reckon Moreno will go somewhere else, but I don't think Montee Ball is ready just yet to be #1 back.

Dzone
02-07-2014, 02:57 PM
holy titty****!!!! what kind of dog and did you get in any trouble with neighbors? I had a dog kill a cat on a late night walk and we just got the **** out of there.
Oh damn, ya, when your dog kills someones pet cat , you gotta run, or else hide the dead cat lol...Well, actually, I live in a rural area and most of the cats my dog kills are wild. At least I hope so. It sucks. Once he gets ahold of a cat, he snaps their neck and it is horrible to see. I have tried to stop him, but his instinct takes over and he is a killer. I always feel bad when I see a cat. It reminds me of the carnage I have witnessed and the dead cats I have had to bury

capt. Jack
02-07-2014, 04:17 PM
I still think he is going to be one of our best RB's in sometime. He kinda ran like TD in college.

slim
02-07-2014, 04:24 PM
Oh damn, ya, when your dog kills someones pet cat , you gotta run, or else hide the dead cat lol...Well, actually, I live in a rural area and most of the cats my dog kills are wild. At least I hope so. It sucks. Once he gets ahold of a cat, he snaps their neck and it is horrible to see. I have tried to stop him, but his instinct takes over and he is a killer. I always feel bad when I see a cat. It reminds me of the carnage I have witnessed and the dead cats I have had to bury

If that were my dog, he would be eating steak for dinner every night.

DenBronx
02-07-2014, 05:49 PM
I still think when we look back years from now Ball>Lacy

Sure but judging by this year Eddie Lacy is up 1-0.

BroncoWave
02-07-2014, 05:55 PM
So is he a problem or isn't he?

I'm so confused.

Way to go guys, you went and confused Slim.

TXBRONC
02-07-2014, 06:05 PM
I reckon Moreno will go somewhere else, but I don't think Montee Ball is ready just yet to be #1 back.

The way he was playing the last month or so of the season and the playoffs I think he would be just fine.

broncohead
02-07-2014, 07:13 PM
I was impressed with Ball later on in the year when he started getting the hang of the playbook and audibles. I also think Hillman will be fine as well. He showed flashes of big play ability/explosiveness. He just needs to fix the fumbling

tomjonesrocks
02-07-2014, 07:24 PM
I guess Ball seems okay but he's no game changer. I think Lacy runs with more apparent authority and especially after looking like the softest team in America on the worlds biggest stage, I'd far rather have Denver drafted him.

Ball basically looks like a guy. Solid player, hooray. Does he even have top 15 RB potential?

DenBronx
02-07-2014, 09:07 PM
Had we drafted Eddie Lacy then RB then the sting of losing Moreno wouldnt even be an issue.

Now we will head into next season with unkowns at RB. Ball will get his shot now and hopefully he makes us forget about not taking Lacy.

Dapper Dan
02-07-2014, 10:24 PM
Had we drafted Eddie Lacy then RB then the sting of losing Moreno wouldnt even be an issue.

Now we will head into next season with unkowns at RB. Ball will get his shot now and hopefully he makes us forget about not taking Lacy.

I think you're one of the few who are always thinking about Lacy.

TXBRONC
02-07-2014, 11:59 PM

I doubt it Den because Lacy would have still been in the same role as Ball more than likely ended up with similar numbers.

Ravage!!!
02-08-2014, 12:21 PM
I doubt it Den because Lacy would have still been in the same role as Ball more than likely ended up with similar numbers.

I haven't seen anything from Lacy that makes me wish we had taken him over Ball. I guess you would have had to be a fan of his in college to even notice.

Terrell Davis was at 215.. I hope that Ball doesn't try to get up to 230 instead of just sticking where he is at. I think he was showing to be the better runner by the end of the season and his blocking had Greatly improved (which is the norm for young RBs in the NFL).