PDA

View Full Version : Young Quarterbacks Continue to Learn

Denver Native (Carol)
02-06-2014, 04:25 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- They were the insurance policies the Broncos never needed to use. But at some point in the future, the team's hopes may rest on the young quarterbacks who sat behind Peyton Manning on the depth chart last season.

Brock Osweiler's development remains the focal point of the Broncos' future hopes for a smooth transition and a team that fulfills executive vice president John Elway's mantra of being able to win not just now, but "from now on." He saw his most extended action as a pro in the regular-season finale at Oakland, and showed enough progress to buoy quarterback coach Greg Knapp's confidence.

"I was pleased to see Brock's performances in the preseason get better in each game, and then he played a pretty good second half against Oakland in this last regular season game, and I feel like he's making progress," Knapp said.

Added head coach John Fox: "He has definitely improved. He’s way further ahead this year than he was a year ago. I think he’s got a comfort level. Of course, the time he spends with Peyton, I think, is a great benefit. But he’s smart, he’s got all the athletic tools and now it’s just a matter of getting opportunities to play the game."

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Young-Quarterbacks-Continue-to-Learn/584b0fa1-7f9e-4a40-b95b-9c7a3b02ec05

G_Money
02-06-2014, 05:49 PM
Being further ahead than a year ago isn't saying much. Dude might as well have been a helmet-wearing fence post last year. I really hope Oz is the answer, because he came out of the Nick Foles/Russell Wilson draft and I wanted both those guys more. Kirk Cousins ain't bad either, and they were all drafted later.

All this understudy-ing to Peyton better get him farther than it's gotten Peyton's other clipboard holders.

~G

DenBronx
02-06-2014, 06:33 PM
I hope hes ready when Manning hangs them up. We are going to look really dumb if he isnt good because there were so many good QBs taken in that same draft