PDA

View Full Version : Vickerson ‘Should be Ready’ for OTAs

Denver Native (Carol)
02-05-2014, 02:58 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – The Broncos finished the regular season allowing an average of just 101.6 rushing yards per game – the third-best mark in the AFC.

Two of the top three backs in the NFL, Philadelphia’s LeSean McCoy and Kansas City’s Jamaal Charles, were held short of 100-yard games against the Broncos. In fact, the Broncos allowed only one back to break the 100-yard mark in a game – Ryan Matthews from San Diego.

For the first 11 weeks of the season, defensive tackle Kevin Vickerson was a big part of that run-stopping effort. Before he was moved to the injured reserve because a hip injury, Vickerson started all 11 games and had 22 total tackles, a sack and three passes defensed.

That injury forced him to watch the Broncos finish out the season and fight through the postseason from the sidelines.

“It was very emotional, very emotional,” Vickerson said. “I couldn’t hold back some of my tears pregame (Sunday). I think it was just wanting to play, wanting to be there, wanting to be out there with the guys.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Vickerson-%E2%80%98Should-be-Ready%E2%80%99-for-OTAs/89654546-37cf-4df5-b295-faa2a81534a1

Joel
02-05-2014, 03:51 PM
That's the best news I've heard since the National Anthem; awesome, and thanks much. Hopes and prayers all goes well with his recovery; if he's 100% healthy again and Knighton and Williams can stay that way, we are STACKED at DT, and until last year I don't think I could say that at any time since I became a Broncos fan.

It must've been a really weird feeling for him watching that debacle from the sideline, but in a way I think it's better for him. He wasn't involved, and probably couldn't have changed much if he had been, since the collapse was by the offense, so he needn't feel responsible and can just focus on doing all that IS within his power throughout our next run. Can he run block? :tongue:

Dzone
02-05-2014, 04:15 PM
I wish this would make me feel a smidgin better about what took place on Sunday, but it doesnt help. I hope Vick comes back in a big way, but right now, misery and disappointment is lingering lol

G_Money
02-05-2014, 04:17 PM
I would love for Big Vick to be back and killin' it. It's just very hard for a man that big to come back from a hip injury like that. Fingers crossed that he can do it, because with him next to Knighton, we really have a formidable interior DL.

~G

Joel
02-05-2014, 04:23 PM
I wish this would make me feel a smidgin better about what took place on Sunday, but it doesnt help. I hope Vick comes back in a big way, but right now, misery and disappointment is lingering lol
It is what it is and won't change; all we can do now is take the clearly dictated steps to make sure we're on the right side of the beatdown next time we play them—and everyone else. One thing Seattle got right was that they built a sold roster across the board that's VERY good at the style of football they like, and cohesively works on both sides of the ball to support that unified goal. You don't hear about people "taking away what they do best" ala Belichick, because they do it too well to allow that. Maybe why they beat the NE team that hosted last years AFCCG.

CrazyHorse
02-05-2014, 07:09 PM
I'm also hoping Miller and Harris can make a miraculous Adrian Peterson like recovery.

TXBRONC
02-05-2014, 09:36 PM
I hope he can come back. It would still be a good idea to draft another defensive tackle this year.

Joel
02-06-2014, 09:18 AM
I hope he can come back. It would still be a good idea to draft another defensive tackle this year.
Or sign a FA. I don't disagree in principle, but last years first pick was a DT and I liked how he performed with Pot Roast down the stretch after Big Vicks injury. We still need at LEAST a third solid DT to keep the rotation fresh without collapsing, but just have bigger needs, IMHO (mainly, OG, MLB and OT, in whatever order one likes.) There's only so many Day One picks, and a 5th round pick's not likely to be start Opening Day (or if he does, we'll all wish we had someone much better.)