PDA

View Full Version : Nfl partners with cbs on 2014 thursday night football package

Denver Native (Carol)
02-05-2014, 12:56 PM
NEW YORK – The National Football League will team with long-time broadcast partner CBS to produce and televise Thursday Night Football for the 2014 season, it was announced today by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, CBS Corporation President and CEO Leslie Moonves and CBS Sports Chairman Sean McManus.

CBS will air eight early season games that also will be simulcast on NFL Network. NFL Network will also televise eight late-season games in the run-up to the playoffs. The mix of games will include 14 on Thursday nights and two late-season games on Saturday.

The full slate of 16 regular-season games will be produced by CBS with its lead broadcasters and production team, including Jim Nantz and Phil Simms, on all Thursday night games. In a new twist, NFL Network hosts and analysts will be featured in the pregame, halftime and postgame shows along with CBS Sports announcers.

rest - http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-sports/releases/view?id=38050

Ravage!!!
02-05-2014, 12:59 PM
Thursday Night football sucks ass. I HATE thursday night games, and hope we never get one again.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-05-2014, 01:12 PM
Thursday Night football sucks ass. I HATE thursday night games, and hope we never get one again.

I don't like it either, but with them having a Thursday night game each week, starting next season, I don't see how the Broncos will avoid playing on at least one Thursday. I fear it might be more than one.

Simple Jaded
02-06-2014, 03:33 AM

This is great news tho, this means the Broncos won't be drawing Simms and Nantz more than a couple games from now on.