PDA

View Full Version : Von Miller rejected to enter Seahawks after party at nightclub.

DenBronx
02-04-2014, 09:52 PM
Denver Broncos superstar Von Miller learned the hard way ... no one wants to party with the losers ... 'cause after the game, he was REJCTED from a nightclub where the Seahawks celebrated their big win ... and TMZ Sports has the footage.

It all went down at Marquee in NYC ... where stars like James Carpenter, Sidney Rice and a bunch of other Seattle players were welcomed inside with open arms.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/02/03/denver-broncos-von-miller-rejected-nightclub-seattle-seahawks-marquee/#ixzz2sPcxM4lW

Lancane
02-04-2014, 10:01 PM
Ouch!

And Von Miller better pull his **** together, he has been teetering down the wrong path and it concerns me that he was ready to party after seeing his team dismantled, even if I needed a stiff drink, it would have been with my brothers in arms, not in the enemy's basecamp!

MOtorboat
02-04-2014, 10:02 PM
Ouch!

And Von Miller better pull his **** together, he has been teetering down the wrong path and it concerns me that he was ready to party after seeing his team dismantled, even if I needed a stiff drink, it would have been with my brothers in arms, not in the enemy's basecamp!

Oh good ******* gawd. Now we get the "he shouldn't party" BS...

I knew I shouldn't venture into Broncos talk. Just ridiculous.

Lancane
02-04-2014, 10:14 PM
Oh good ******* gawd. Now we get the "he shouldn't party" BS...

I knew I shouldn't venture into Broncos talk. Just ridiculous.

Mo, all I am stating is another Von Miller story with partying, alcohol or anything else is troubling and it is. And that it would have been wiser to be with his teammates then trying to get into the club the Seahawks were celebrating in and likelier safer as well. Don't be so over dramatic, not everything is pointing to their demise, I just question the sense of his actions.

CrazyHorse
02-04-2014, 10:15 PM
Not exactly a bad thing. Keeps him out of trouble.

MOtorboat
02-04-2014, 10:16 PM
Mo, all I am stating is another Von Miller story with partying, alcohol or anything else is troubling and it is. And that it would have been wiser to be with his teammates then trying to get into the club the Seahawks were celebrating in and likelier safer as well. Don't be so over dramatic, not everything is pointing to their demise, I just question the sense of his actions.

I wasn't going to respond, but I just felt like the bolded was hilariously ironic.

tomjonesrocks
02-04-2014, 10:16 PM
Meh, I read this somewhere else. He's as dim a bulb as they come. We know this. Nothing to see here...

He's a world-class idiot. I guess he's our idiot though.

Edmonton Bronco Fan (2)
02-04-2014, 10:18 PM
Von Miller needs to grow up. As mentioned, nothing we already didn't know.

Lancane
02-04-2014, 10:24 PM
I wasn't going to respond, but I just felt like the bolded was hilariously ironic.

I am not over dramatic, just eccentric! :lol:

DenBronx
02-04-2014, 10:28 PM
Von Miller may be the village idiot. But this is our village dammit and he's our idiot!

Lancane
02-04-2014, 10:30 PM
Von Miller may be the village idiot. But this is our village dammit and he's our idiot!

So long as he doesn't get suspended again, then he could find himself in Cincinnati or Cleveland with more of his kind.

DenBronx
02-04-2014, 10:33 PM
So long as he doesn't get suspended again, then he could find himself in Cincinnati or Cleveland with more of his kind.

Every team has a knucklehead. Our knucklehead can at least put up 18 sacks in a season.

I am more worried about him doing drugs then looking like a dummy at a nightclub. He's a grown ass man and is free to make his own choices.

As for me, I would never party with SB winners after they just beat my teams ass. But that's just me.

tomjonesrocks
02-04-2014, 10:36 PM

I said that already and you get the hi five. What a rip. :p

DenBronx
02-04-2014, 10:47 PM
I said that already and you get the hi five. What a rip. :p

Well that's only because I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

tomjonesrocks
02-04-2014, 10:51 PM
Well that's only because I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

You are a smelly pirate hooker.

MasterShake
02-04-2014, 10:57 PM
I'm just relieved he was going to a party with alcohol and not sitting alone with some dangerous, life-threatening substance like pot!

EDIT: I'm gonna change my name to MasterChronic

Joel
02-04-2014, 10:57 PM
As for me, I would never party with SB winners after they just beat my teams ass. But that's just me.
THIS is what bothers me. As long as he didn't try to punch out the bouncer or a bag of weed didn't fall out of his pocket, fine, but—how can you go hang out and celebrate with the guys who just HUMILIATED YOUR WHOLE TEAM ON GLOBAL TV?! And promptly made it clear in repeated interviews that they knew they would, because your bunch of losers didn't belong there anyway; even that SF they were mocking 2 weeks go is SO much better in their eyes that the SB was just a formality: The REAL championship was in Seattle.

I mean, unless he was there to snap hidden camera shots of them mainlining GHB, that's SERIOUSLY lame.

DenBronx
02-04-2014, 11:08 PM
I agree Joel.

Just looks bad. But then again we already know Von is a moron anyway. As long as he stays out of trouble we are ok but if he gets in anymore trouble he could get banned for a full year. That's the whole concern. I question his character and how serious he is about being a champion. Partying with the SB Champions just seems like a slap in the face.

Could you picture Richard Sherman wanting to come to our after party had we won? Those guys are mad at the world and anyone who got in their way, that's how bad they wanted to be champions.

Joel
02-05-2014, 12:28 AM
I agree Joel.

Just looks bad. But then again we already know Von is a moron anyway. As long as he stays out of trouble we are ok but if he gets in anymore trouble he could get banned for a full year. That's the whole concern. I question his character and how serious he is about being a champion. Partying with the SB Champions just seems like a slap in the face.

Could you picture Richard Sherman wanting to come to our after party had we won? Those guys are mad at the world and anyone who got in their way, that's how bad they wanted to be champions.
Yeah, completely different attitude; while Miller was going to hang out with the people who just globally humiliated his friends and coworkers, the NEW friends he wanted to make were adding fuel to the fire: http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2014/02/02/lb-bobby-wagner-broncos-getting-hit-something-werent-used/26329/ Completely different attitude, and I can't really commend either. I just imagine how the conversation went....

Miller: I participated—sort of—I wanna ribbon.
Sherman: There's a ribbon of urine running down your RTs pant leg; you can wear that. :)

tomjonesrocks
02-05-2014, 01:15 AM
Guys just do this. Fans frequently care more than the players--and that's just how it is--game outcome will not interfere with a postgame club schedule.

ShaneFalco
02-05-2014, 01:17 AM
I'm just relieved he was going to a party with alcohol and not sitting alone with some dangerous, life-threatening substance like pot!

EDIT: I'm gonna change my name to MasterChronic

:lol:

Joel
02-05-2014, 01:44 AM
Guys just do this. Fans frequently care more than the players--and that's just how it is--game outcome will not interfere with a postgame club schedule.
I don't see how anyone even tangentially connected to the Broncos organization could not care about us being humiliated like that for 3+ hours straight in front of literally the whole world.

Any Bronco who can just shrug that off has something seriously wrong with them (I'm not just talking about Miller there, though celebrating our beating with the assailants is worse.)

Hawgdriver
02-05-2014, 02:23 AM

Dzone
02-05-2014, 04:59 AM
Von is probably pissed that the broncos left him out of the super bowl photo.

Northman
02-05-2014, 05:47 AM

Yes, shame on you for wanting to look out for Von's best interest. I mean, its not like he's been suspended or anything.......

Northman
02-05-2014, 05:50 AM

Beat me to it. Players are not as near as passionate as the fans are.

Joel
02-05-2014, 06:32 AM
Beat me to it. Players are not as near as passionate as the fans are.
Fine; explain the Helicopter then, 'cause I bet the passionate guy who did that isn't too impressed with Miller trying to party with the team that just destroyed us.

It's not about passion, but respect for himself and his teammates, coaches and company. I'm in Europe and someone asked me if the Broncos got paid to take a dive because, as my friend back home independently noted, if that had been a pro soccer match there'd be a MAJOR investigation. It was the second worst SB blowout in 48 years, tied with what Dallas did to Buffalo the first time. I would think fans of the record holder watched in hopes we'd salvage their dignity by breaking their record—BUT IT'S THE SAME TEAM!

Seattle wasn't just partying—they were CELEBRATING THAT! And Miller wanted to JOIN them instead of helping his teammates lick their wounds. I'm glad Seattle at least had the sense he lacked and told him he had no business being there, especially since they'd just been telling reporters his TEAM had no business being in the Super Bowl. The more I think of it the more pissed I get.

Northman
02-05-2014, 08:35 AM
Fine; explain the Helicopter then, 'cause I bet the passionate guy who did that isn't too impressed with Miller trying to party with the team that just destroyed us.

It's not about passion, but respect for himself and his teammates, coaches and company. I'm in Europe and someone asked me if the Broncos got paid to take a dive because, as my friend back home independently noted, if that had been a pro soccer match there'd be a MAJOR investigation. It was the second worst SB blowout in 48 years, tied with what Dallas did to Buffalo the first time. I would think fans of the record holder watched in hopes we'd salvage their dignity by breaking their record—BUT IT'S THE SAME TEAM!

Seattle wasn't just partying—they were CELEBRATING THAT! And Miller wanted to JOIN them instead of helping his teammates lick their wounds. I'm glad Seattle at least had the sense he lacked and told him he had no business being there, especially since they'd just been telling reporters his TEAM had no business being in the Super Bowl. The more I think of it the more pissed I get.

I should of clarified, MOST players are not passionate nor are they very loyal to teams in this day and age. John was a different animal in a different time. But fans in general have always been more invested in their football teams than player have. Whether its because of the money they make or that it just simply becomes a job to them is anyone's guess but it doesnt shock me that Miller would want to be in the same place as the Seahawks celebrating their victory. Its why you see guys like Jamal Charles approaching guys like Manning after a game to get an autograph, for them its different than it is for us. While some rivalries still exist i dont think its near the level that it was 15-20 years ago.

Tned
02-05-2014, 09:31 AM

Nearly all players take it very serious ON THE FIELD and want to win and put it all on the line, but off the field, when the games over, while us fans are just as amped and passionate, most players "turn it off" and say work times over. You have to remember this is their job. While they may love their job and do it for more than just money, it is still their job.

For most of us, it's the opposite. We have jobs, but this is the thing we look forward to. This is the distraction from work, family issues, the crap that life throws at us every day. For many of us, we work so we can buy tickets, go to games, get NFL Sunday Ticket, by jerseys/hats or such, or just so we can take our Sunday off and watch them on TV.

It's foolish to equate a fans lifelong loyalty to a team (or less than lifelong for some of us), with a player, that may only be on that team for the length of their contract, or even a shorter period than that.

tomjonesrocks
02-05-2014, 10:10 AM
Von is probably pissed that the broncos left him out of the super bowl photo.

If say that whole thing is just another example of how Fox utterly shit the bed in how he managed the weeks leading to the SB.

But Von's the one guy I'm actually not pissed they shut out of it. In any case that photo is now a reminder of one of the most pathetic SB performances ever (if not THE most) so Von didn't miss much.

Joel
02-05-2014, 10:17 AM
Nearly all players take it very serious ON THE FIELD and want to win and put it all on the line, but off the field, when the games over, while us fans are just as amped and passionate, most players "turn it off" and say work times over. You have to remember this is their job. While they may love their job and do it for more than just money, it is still their job.

For most of us, it's the opposite. We have jobs, but this is the thing we look forward to. This is the distraction from work, family issues, the crap that life throws at us every day. For many of us, we work so we can buy tickets, go to games, get NFL Sunday Ticket, by jerseys/hats or such, or just so we can take our Sunday off and watch them on TV.

It's foolish to equate a fans lifelong loyalty to a team (or less than lifelong for some of us), with a player, that may only be on that team for the length of their contract, or even a shorter period than that.
Off the field, when it was over, the Seahawks haven't been able to stop themselves all week telling anyone who'll listen we weren't even good enough to be on the same field with them. But apparnently one of us thought he was good enough to join their celebration while they crowed about that crap and talked down to us.

C'mon, this is the kind of thing the most hostile people would accuse ME of doing. Difference is, the Broncos aren't paying me tens of millions and giving me free trips to the SB.

Simple Jaded
02-06-2014, 03:38 AM
you are a smelly pirate hooker.

loud noises!

DenBronx
02-06-2014, 05:22 AM
You are a smelly pirate hooker.

You look like someone put a bright red fright wig on a skeleton and chucked it out of a helicopter.

Ravage!!!
02-06-2014, 11:37 AM
I don't see the big deal, and REALLY REALLY can't see why fans are calling him an "idiot" at all. Players are FRIENDS off the field. They went to college together, competed against one another in college, go to pro-bowls together, they meet at kids training camps together, talking engagements, GOlf tournaments, charity events, .... or whatevers. This isn't an "idiotic" move or something "odd" for a player to do. Players do this ALLL the time. They FIGHT hard to bea the other guy when ON the field, but when off the field they will laugh, joke, drink and congradulate one another.

The FANS are the ones that get into fights and get pissy with opposing fans MUCH MUCH more than the players do. I think that is why the hostile stance against Von is.... the FANS want the players to have the same "hate" for everything that involves the other teams, and they just don't.

claymore
02-06-2014, 11:50 AM
I don't see the big deal, and REALLY REALLY can't see why fans are calling him an "idiot" at all. Players are FRIENDS off the field. They went to college together, competed against one another in college, go to pro-bowls together, they meet at kids training camps together, talking engagements, GOlf tournaments, charity events, .... or whatevers. This isn't an "idiotic" move or something "odd" for a player to do. Players do this ALLL the time. They FIGHT hard to bea the other guy when ON the field, but when off the field they will laugh, joke, drink and congradulate one another.

The FANS are the ones that get into fights and get pissy with opposing fans MUCH MUCH more than the players do. I think that is why the hostile stance against Von is.... the FANS want the players to have the same "hate" for everything that involves the other teams, and they just don't.
Ive only just realized that I care more about the Broncos than the players do. I wouldnt go to the Seahawks celebration. I expected the same from our players. I dont think our players have very much heart though. Especially Miller.

Joel
02-06-2014, 11:54 AM
Ive only just realized that I care more about the Broncos than the players do. I wouldnt go to the Seahawks celebration. I expected the same from our players. I dont think our players have very much heart though. Especially Miller.
This is what happens when Aggie Bonfire moves off campus: The best player turns into a two-percenter. :tsk:

Ravage!!!
02-06-2014, 11:56 AM

I think that's silly, clay. Players RARELY "hate" other teams and playrs like fans do. The fans will ALWAYS be more passionate about the rivalries and "hatred" of other teams/players than our players will be. The NFL is a job to them, and they know there is NO loyalty from the owners... and going by the reactions of this one message board alone, it shows that there is absolutely NO loyalty from the fans. Why should they have a hatred for their friends off the field, after a game? That doesn't have anything to do with having heart, or being a competitor.

claymore
02-06-2014, 11:59 AM
I think that's silly, clay. Players RARELY "hate" other teams and playrs like fans do. The fans will ALWAYS be more passionate about the rivalries and "hatred" of other teams/players than our players will be. The NFL is a job to them, and they know there is NO loyalty from the owners... and going by the reactions of this one message board alone, it shows that there is absolutely NO loyalty from the fans. Why should they have a hatred for their friends off the field, after a game? That doesn't have anything to do with having heart, or being a competitor.

If another office came in and beat the living dog piss out of my office, I wouldnt want to go to their after party. Its pride, I dont see whats silly about it. The players embarrassed the entire city of Denver, and the state of Colorado. They should show some remorse.

BroncoNut
02-06-2014, 12:02 PM

yeah, you probably should have gone with your gut

BroncoJoe
02-06-2014, 12:04 PM
If another office came in and beat the living dog piss out of my office, I wouldnt want to go to their after party. Its pride, I dont see whats silly about it. The players embarrassed the entire city of Denver, and the state of Colorado. They should show some remorse.

Yep, and it's laughable to say teams don't share the passion/hatred fans do. There are tons of players (now and in the past) that can't stand their division rivals to this day.

Von being the only one to show up there speaks volumes to me. Just doesn't give a crap. I'll cut him a bit of a break since he didn't play, but seriously. Going to a party of a team that just gave your team a near historic beatdown? Get real.

claymore
02-06-2014, 12:09 PM
Yep, and it's laughable to say teams don't share the passion/hatred fans do. There are tons of players (now and in the past) that can't stand their division rivals to this day.

Von being the only one to show up there speaks volumes to me. Just doesn't give a crap. I'll cut him a bit of a break since he didn't play, but seriously. Going to a party of a team that just gave your team a near historic beatdown? Get real.

I cant give him a break. Not after all the other shit. Dude has all world talent, and shit for brains. Eff him.,

BroncoNut
02-06-2014, 12:11 PM
I don't see how anyone even tangentially connected to the Broncos organization could not care about us being humiliated like that for 3+ hours straight in front of literally the whole world.

Any Bronco who can just shrug that off has something seriously wrong with them (I'm not just talking about Miller there, though celebrating our beating with the assailants is worse.)
you have really been into the word tangential and derivatives thereof I have noticed lately. One of your many endearing qualities (just kidding)

Buff
02-06-2014, 12:14 PM
How ******* embarrassing. Man we sure went from penthouse to outhouse quickly.

Ravage!!!
02-06-2014, 12:15 PM

Beat the shit out of you, physically? That's pretty much different than if you're office was having a COMPETITION with another office on yoru WORK duties and they outperformed you. If you were having a competition with your office mates, and they WHIPPED YOUR ASS at your job, you couldn't have a beer with them afterwards? I mean, they EMBARRASSED you in yoru office, and humiliated your work duties, but you can't take the defeat and then move on?

My example is much more camparible, imo. Fans are almost ALWAYS much more emotional than players.

BroncoNut
02-06-2014, 12:15 PM
I thnk it's lame, I don't understand it, I hope he just continues to produce on Sundays for us

claymore
02-06-2014, 12:20 PM
Beat the shit out of you, physically? That's pretty much different than if you're office was having a COMPETITION with another office on yoru WORK duties and they outperformed you. If you were having a competition with your office mates, and they WHIPPED YOUR ASS at your job, you couldn't have a beer with them afterwards? I mean, they EMBARRASSED you in yoru office, and humiliated your work duties, but you can't take the defeat and then move on?

My example is much more camparible, imo. Fans are almost ALWAYS much more emotional than players.Word it how you want to but I wouldnt want to go have drinks with the people that just humiliated my team, friends, employer etc.

BroncoNut
02-06-2014, 12:24 PM
Word it how you want to but I wouldnt want to go have drinks with the people that just humiliated my team, friends, employer etc.

i'm with you Clay. I don't get it., if it's a friendly pool game, that's one thing, but a superbowl, that is another.

claymore
02-06-2014, 12:27 PM
i'm with you Clay. I don't get it., if it's a friendly pool game, that's one thing, but a superbowl, that is another.

Its like going to lunch with the bad man that raped you.

BroncoNut
02-06-2014, 12:28 PM
thanks for the hi-five Clay.

BroncoNut
02-06-2014, 12:28 PM
Its like going to lunch with the bad man that raped you.

I can even see that, if he pays of course, but not the superbowl man. especially after that whipping

claymore
02-06-2014, 12:29 PM
thanks for the hi-five Clay.

Your welcome buddy.

BroncoNut
02-06-2014, 12:31 PM
Clay, thanks again!!!! Awesome

Ravage!!!
02-06-2014, 12:34 PM
Word it how you want to but I wouldnt want to go have drinks with the people that just humiliated my team, friends, employer etc.

in competition?

oh well. To each their own.

But i've seen this in all sports. Baseball, basketball ( NCAA tourney and NBA)... and to me it just doesn't seem that odd. TMZ makes a deal of it because that's what they do, but we dont see the stories of all the other guys that hung out after the Super Bowl at parties that were of course "celebrating" the Seattle win or with Seattle players. Why don't we see that? Because it isn't as fun to make fun of.

Lancane
02-06-2014, 12:51 PM

But let's be honest Joe, the league has changed or evolved into a more selfish entity both as a business and therein likewise the sport itself. The current rules of Free Agency have allowed teams to be more competitive and compete more often then not. Yet at the same time it has diminished player loyalty to the franchises that draft them or have signed them. The NFLPA wanted a Free Market based Free Agency which allows players to attain the value that they think they're worth, it's become a rarer trait thanks to such for players to start and end their careers with the same organizations that brought them into the league. We have no further to look then the debacle with Cutler and the Broncos or even closer to the breast now, the Dumervil incident. This new breed of athlete 7/10 times show more loyalty to their College Alma Maters then to the pro teams that draft them. Granted the process is quite considerably different stage, I think we'd see more competitiveness if players could choose where they play outright instead of being told where they are going to play... It has soured competition to a certain degree not to mention the goodwill and allegiances between coach, player and franchise.

Does anyone really believe that the team the Broncos have right now in terms of self-respect, heart and passion are comparable to the Broncos of the 70's, 80's and 90's? And I think Elway has recognized this, that is one reason he's drafted players who show excitement at the prospect at playing for Denver or who have said that the Broncos are one of their favorite teams, etc. such as Osweiler and Ball, even in free agency they've brought in people like Terrance Knighton and Wes Welker who wanted to play here, even if a second option. I really do believe that John Elway sees the difference. I myself much preferred when there were thirteen round drafts and organizations basically controlled the rights of those drafted or signed for their length of their careers most times, if there was a change it was through trade and you only became a free agent if they cut you from the roster themselves.

claymore
02-06-2014, 12:54 PM
But let's be honest Joe, the league has changed or evolved into a more selfish entity both as a business and therein likewise the sport itself. The current rules of Free Agency have allowed teams to be more competitive and compete more often then not. Yet at the same time it has diminished player loyalty to the franchises that draft them or have signed them. The NFLPA wanted a Free Market based Free Agency which allows players to attain the value that they think they're worth, it's become a rarer trait thanks to such for players to start and end their careers with the same organizations that brought them into the league. We have no further to look then the debacle with Cutler and the Broncos or even closer to the breast now, the Dumervil incident. This new breed of athlete 7/10 times show more loyalty to their College Alma Maters then to the pro teams that draft them. Granted the process is quite considerably different stage, I think we'd see more competitiveness if players could choose where they play outright instead of being told where they are going to play... It has soured competition to a certain degree not to mention the goodwill and allegiances between coach, player and franchise.

Does anyone really believe that the team the Broncos have right now in terms of self-respect, heart and passion are comparable to the Broncos of the 70's, 80's and 90's? And I think Elway has recognized this, that is one reason he's drafted players who show excitement at the prospect at playing for Denver or who have said that the Broncos are one of their favorite teams, etc. such as Osweiler and Ball, even in free agency they've brought in people like Terrance Knighton and Wes Welker who wanted to play here, even if a second option. I really do believe that John Elway sees the difference. I myself much preferred when there were thirteen round drafts and organizations basically controlled the rights of those drafted or signed for their length of their careers most times, if there was a change it was through trade and you only became a free agent if they cut you from the roster themselves.

I hope Elway sees the difference and builds the team based on that. I cant root for a team of Von Millers who dont give a shit about the city they represent.

BroncoJoe
02-06-2014, 01:05 PM

You can apply that way of thinking to many aspects of the USA, but that's a different forum...

It doesn't make it correct, nor do I agree with the current mentality. It sucks, frankly, and like Clay said, I'd prefer to build a team that actually cares about the city and fans they play for. I think in large part, Seattle has that.

Lancane
02-06-2014, 01:20 PM
You can apply that way of thinking to many aspects of the USA, but that's a different forum...

It doesn't make it correct, nor do I agree with the current mentality. It sucks, frankly, and like Clay said, I'd prefer to build a team that actually cares about the city and fans they play for. I think in large part, Seattle has that.

I'm right there with the two of you, it sucks to see the current deterioration of the NFL where the basic principles of the sport and sportsmanship is next to nil in favor of the almighty dollar. Give me 53 guys who want to play here and love the City, Fans and Organization compared to those who want to simply get the most money they can. You can't buy love, but in the NFL for a good portion their love is for sale.

Joel
02-06-2014, 01:27 PM
you have really been into the word tangential and derivatives thereof I have noticed lately. One of your many endearing qualities (just kidding)
Well, there's a fine line between "holistic" and "tangential," and I freely admit frequent difficulty finding it. Lemme tell ya how the Battle of Bunker Hill cost Tennessee SB XXXIV.... :tongue:

vettesplus
02-06-2014, 01:36 PM
I wonder how long Elway will put up with vm... don't be surprised if they trade him if he begins dragging the reputation of the broncos in the mud!!!

DenBronx
02-06-2014, 07:24 PM
I wonder how long Elway will put up with vm... don't be surprised if they trade him if he begins dragging the reputation of the broncos in the mud!!!

It was Elways first ever draft pick and #2 at that. Don't see him ever trading him but Von may later make us regret not trading him. Just don't have any faith that he will stay out of trouble. He is like the Brandon Marshall of Linebackers. Not a thug or anything but the guy is a magnet for doing dumb shit.

Now to Millers credit. He is one of the best defensive players in the league. He changes the way teams have to prepare and just really wreaks havoc once he is on the field. If he comes back next year and plays like he did the year before this one I think fans will forgive and forget. Too much is riding on next year and we need him badly.

No one expects him to be a choir boy but I want to see more heart out of him. Show some emotion....act like you care. I would love to pour John Lynchs attitude into Von Millers skillset. We still need a strong leader on defense, too bad Von isnt that guy.

Joel
02-06-2014, 08:57 PM
Maybe that's why I can't: Won't hold onto guys who sell tickets, jerseys and bobbleheads (even when they ARE bobbleheads. :tongue:)

Dzone
02-06-2014, 09:20 PM
Talk on the radio today was whether to trade von miller. Is he trouble? Saying they could trade up to the teens and maybe also get a 5th rounder for von. wow.

Slick
02-06-2014, 09:25 PM
Talk on the radio today was whether to trade von miller. Is he trouble? Saying they could trade up to the teens and maybe also get a 5th rounder for von. wow.

That's crazy talk. Denver has tried for years to get a player of Von's caliber on defense. They're not going to trade him away. A sitdown in the Duke's office, maybe.

ShaneFalco
02-06-2014, 10:40 PM
Quick trade him! He smokes pot and goes to sb parties!

THE SKY IS FALLING!

Hawgdriver
02-06-2014, 10:47 PM
It was Elways first ever draft pick and #2 at that. Don't see him ever trading him but Von may later make us regret not trading him. Just don't have any faith that he will stay out of trouble. He is like the Brandon Marshall of Linebackers. Not a thug or anything but the guy is a magnet for doing dumb shit.

Now to Millers credit. He is one of the best defensive players in the league. He changes the way teams have to prepare and just really wreaks havoc once he is on the field. If he comes back next year and plays like he did the year before this one I think fans will forgive and forget. Too much is riding on next year and we need him badly.

No one expects him to be a choir boy but I want to see more heart out of him. Show some emotion....act like you care. I would love to pour John Lynchs attitude into Von Millers skillset. We still need a strong leader on defense, too bad Von isnt that guy.

That seems a fair assessment. You think he'll be a playmaker next year? A guy you can build around? A guy who will deliver in the crunch?

Dzone
02-06-2014, 11:06 PM
How close is he to a year suspension? One more? If he got suspended for a year for weed, then this league needs to get a clue. Maybe he will go off and become a buddhist monk like ricky williams did

Simple Jaded
02-06-2014, 11:10 PM

THE SKY IS FALLING!
I'm starting to get the feeling that you are Pro-weed, how would you respond to that?

Buff
02-07-2014, 12:01 AM
I'm starting to get the feeling that you are Pro-weed, how would you respond to that?

Slander!

Joel
02-07-2014, 12:03 AM

THE SKY IS FALLING!
He goes to the WRONG SB parties; maybe he was so high he thought we won and got lost on the way to our victory party? If we had, I guarantee Dick Sherman wouldn't have shown up there.

ShaneFalco
02-07-2014, 12:12 AM
So the pats should have traded gronk after this?

http://www.ridethepine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/82c9955b33b0c96765560c8d57e5860e.jpg

To me its scary to watch fans try to tell a player how to live their life. Its not yours.

Simple Jaded
02-07-2014, 12:16 AM
Scary? "I'm going to post on a message board, I hope nobody has an opinion because that would be scary".

:D

ShaneFalco
02-07-2014, 12:18 AM
Scary? "I'm going to post on a message board, I hope nobody has an opinion because that would be scary".

:D

lol.

Joel
02-07-2014, 12:44 AM
So the pats should have traded gronk after this?

http://www.ridethepine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/82c9955b33b0c96765560c8d57e5860e.jpg
Not sure; was that at one of the Giants SB victory parties? Somehow I doubt Belicheat would be cool with that.

To me its scary to watch fans try to tell a player how to live their life. Its not yours.
Hey, they can live their lives as they please; that doesn't mean they can be Broncos as they please. Maybe if someone had told Hernandez how to live his life he'd still be a Pat, and others would still have lives of their own to live.

DenBronx
02-07-2014, 08:04 AM

That seems a fair assessment. You think he'll be a playmaker next year? A guy you can build around? A guy who will deliver in the crunch?

He IS a playmaker. Thats not the issue with Von.

Ravage!!!
02-07-2014, 12:26 PM
Not sure; was that at one of the Giants SB victory parties? Somehow I doubt Belicheat would be cool with that.
Belicheck wouldn't give a rat's ass about what party it was as long as he didn't get into trouble.

Hawgdriver
02-07-2014, 01:01 PM
He IS a playmaker. Thats not the issue with Von.

Yeah, but he's approaching that prove-it territory, when you balance out all his other baggage.

Slick
02-07-2014, 07:56 PM
Anyone here think Atwater or Dennis Smith were trying to get in to the 49ers party in New Orleans?

MOtorboat
02-07-2014, 07:58 PM
Anyone here think Atwater or Dennis Smith were trying to get in to the 49ers party in New Orleans?

Not that I care what he does, but this wasn't a Seahawks party it was a club in NYC where several Seahawks happened to be.

Much ado about nothing.

Hawgdriver
02-07-2014, 08:46 PM
Not that I care what he does, but this wasn't a Seahawks party it was a club in NYC where several Seahawks happened to be.

Much ado about nothing.

So...

Nevermind.

Slick
02-07-2014, 08:50 PM
Anyone here think Tom Jackson and Karl Mecklenberg asked Lawrence Taylor and Carl Banks where the after party was in Pasadena?

Dzone
02-07-2014, 08:57 PM
This shows that Von cant stay away when he hears theres a party. Sounds like He cant stay out of the clubs. This could lead to more trouble for vm

DenBronx
02-07-2014, 09:16 PM
This shows that Von cant stay away when he here's theres a party. Sounds like He cant stay out of the clubs. This could lead to more trouble for vm

The party scene is what some of these young millionaires live for. They love blowing money on drugs, women and a good time. Some guys are addicted to this lifestyle.....I understand WHY they are because it's fun....I get that part. What I don't understand is why it had to be right after after the game WITH the team that just kicked our ass in the biggest game we have been in since the 90's.

Heck he could have went out and partied like crazy this weekend and I could careless as long as he stays out of trouble. Von can party everyday for all I care. Fans are mad at Von because he wanted to share the moment with the team that just humiliated and embarrassed us.

DenBronx
02-07-2014, 09:21 PM

Anyone here think Tom Jackson and Karl Mecklenberg asked Lawrence Taylor and Carl Banks where the after party was in Pasadena?

Wonder if Welker wanted to hang out with Osi and David Tyree after their #1 offense just lost to the Giants. Bill Belichick should have just joined Gronks after party.

Heck, Pat Bowlen should have just shot the shit with Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch afterwards too.

Slick
02-07-2014, 09:22 PM
This shows that Von cant stay away when he here's theres a party. Sounds like He cant stay out of the clubs. This could lead to more trouble for vm

Eh, it's not so much that he went to a club. Just don't go the night your team got embarrased in front of the whole world.

I actually just watched the video. He looked ashamed of himself when he realized he got caught on camera.

I love the guy. He's a hell of a player. I hope he sack dances wearing the orange and blue for the next 10 years but as a fan I was hoping he took the loss a little harder.

Stay in the hotel for the night, order room service, raid the bar, order a high class escort if you need to blow off some steam after the game. Be depressed for more than 20 minutes.

Joel
02-08-2014, 12:21 AM

Much ado about nothing.
Okay, that makes a difference. I won't say I wanted to get drunk after that game, but only because I already WAS; I went into it knowing that, no matter what, I'd want a bottle for either celebration or consolation, and planned accordingly. Maybe that's all Miller was doing; since it wasn't the official after party it's not like he knew the guest list.

Ravage!!!
02-08-2014, 11:34 AM

Much ado about nothing.

THANK you mo. I was assuming that was understood and missed what the uproar was about.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-08-2014, 12:23 PM
THANK you mo. I was assuming that was understood and missed what the uproar was about.

If that's the case, then why wasn't he allowed in?

Ravage!!!
02-08-2014, 12:28 PM

Maybe since he was a Bronco, they just thought it was safer not to allow him in? People were celebrating and having the nightclub fun after a Super Bowl. Lots of fans were out, and if you go by the word of someone like Mark Schlereth who stated that when he was walking the streets...for every 1 Bronco jersey or hat you would see, you would see 30 Seattle jersey's/hats. Its very probably that the club was filled with people wearing silver and blue, not to mention, there probably was some Seattle Seahawk players in the club already....and they just thought it would erase a 'possible' problem. Idk, I never saw a problem with Von being turned away from a nightclub party that had Seahawks there. But as MO said, it wasn't like it was an "official" Seahawks after party.

Joel
02-08-2014, 01:54 PM
According to the original link, because the club was at capacity: Evidently this was about protecting themselves from the fire marshal, not a brawl between Super Bowl teams.

TimHippo
02-08-2014, 02:18 PM
Who goes and celebrates and parties after a huge Super Bowl loss. Great example as a team leader. This guy is a mess.
I think this is part of the team cancer that Welker was talking about earlier in the season.

Joel
02-08-2014, 02:21 PM
Who goes and celebrates and parties after a huge Super Bowl loss. Great example as a team leader. This guy is a mess.
I think this is part of the team cancer that Welker was talking about earlier in the season.
He didn't play, and even if he had, HIS unit did ITS job. I'm less worried about whether Miller was drunk after the game than whether the offensive line was drunk DURING the game.

Ravage!!!
02-08-2014, 02:51 PM
According to the original link, because the club was at capacity: Evidently this was about protecting themselves from the fire marshal, not a brawl between Super Bowl teams.

hah! seriously? Come on.. surely you don't believe this, right?

Ravage!!!
02-08-2014, 02:52 PM

I would say a lot of the players went out that night.

Joel
02-08-2014, 04:18 PM
hah! seriously? Come on.. surely you don't believe this, right?
Why not? Ever since the fire at that Great White concert killed all those people, bars and clubs have started taking occupation limits a lot more seriously.

Simple Jaded
02-08-2014, 04:27 PM

Explanation, links please?

Ravage!!!
02-08-2014, 04:34 PM
Why not? Ever since the fire at that Great White concert killed all those people, bars and clubs have started taking occupation limits a lot more seriously.

I'm curious as to where you are getting this info...becuase I'm betting its from articles that state quotes from bar owners rather than reality of clubs stuffed at capacity on a Super Bowl winning night. Seriously... you think that they turned away Von Miller because they were afraid of the Marshall? Come on man, that's just silly.

Davii
02-08-2014, 04:57 PM

People that didn't play in the Superbowl, had only been in New York a couple days since they didn't travel with the team, and weren't even in the team picture... That's a few types of people, or maybe someone who wanted to at least try and enjoy New York City while they're there.

Joel
02-08-2014, 06:29 PM
I'm curious as to where you are getting this info...becuase I'm betting its from articles that state quotes from bar owners rather than reality of clubs stuffed at capacity on a Super Bowl winning night. Seriously... you think that they turned away Von Miller because they were afraid of the Marshall? Come on man, that's just silly.
Maybe it's different now, but the first few years after that fire there was a major crackdown and, yeah, clubs were turning away people and getting their fire extinguishers, sprinklers and exits up to code, because the Great White concert was just the largest and most high profile of several cases of club patrons dying in fires over just a few years. Places were getting shutdown completely.

Slick
02-08-2014, 06:43 PM
People that didn't play in the Superbowl, had only been in New York a couple days since they didn't travel with the team, and weren't even in the team picture... That's a few types of people, or maybe someone who wanted to at least try and enjoy New York City while they're there.

It doesn't break your heart just a little to know Von was running the streets after the game, Davii?

I know Ravage and Mo don't give a shit. They are some cold hearted sob's.

Davii
02-08-2014, 08:12 PM
It doesn't break your heart just a little to know Von was running the streets after the game, Davii?

Honestly, no. Had he played in the game, the week prior, etc, maybe. I mean, *I* wouldn't have gone out partying, but I'm also older, married, not rich, etc. I think this is a non issue. Certainly I would have rather heard Von was in the locker room hugging guys and giving speeches about next year, but I doubt his going to a club 6 nights ago affects his performance, or lack thereof, next year.

MOtorboat
02-08-2014, 10:21 PM

Honestly, no. Had he played in the game, the week prior, etc, maybe. I mean, *I* wouldn't have gone out partying, but I'm also older, married, not rich, etc. I think this is a non issue. Certainly I would have rather heard Von was in the locker room hugging guys and giving speeches about next year, but I doubt his going to a club 6 nights ago affects his performance, or lack thereof, next year.

At 24 I would have been out partying wherever the party was. I don't think that's cold-hearted. And I don't think he deserves the ridicule for this he's getting. If anything, I think something like this needs to make people think about how they care too much about this stuff. (I'm guilty of it too)

Denver27og
02-09-2014, 12:15 AM
Maybe Von went there to beat the crap put of some of the seahawks....

ShaneFalco
02-09-2014, 12:24 AM
maybe he just wanted to DANCE!

Hawgdriver
02-09-2014, 01:17 AM
At 24 I would have been out partying wherever the party was. I don't think that's cold-hearted. And I don't think he deserves the ridicule for this he's getting. If anything, I think something like this needs to make people think about how they care too much about this stuff. (I'm guilty of it too)

So I had to know. It looks like there are three Aggies on the Seahawks roster, two of them DE's that played on the line while Von was a freshman and sophomore, the other one's a rookie running back. So there's that.

It still seems like poor judgment, but I don't care enough to look into the matter further. I just hope he delivers on the field next year.

MOtorboat
02-09-2014, 09:50 AM
So I had to know. It looks like there are three Aggies on the Seahawks roster, two of them DE's that played on the line while Von was a freshman and sophomore, the other one's a rookie running back. So there's that.

It still seems like poor judgment, but I don't care enough to look into the matter further. I just hope he delivers on the field next year.

Again. This wasn't a team party. It was a club where all of (from the report and video) about five Seahawks were.

Northman
02-09-2014, 10:43 AM
maybe he just wanted to DANCE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6d7g9PC1yA&feature=kp

Joel
02-09-2014, 02:42 PM
Again. This wasn't a team party. It was a club where all of (from the report and video) about five Seahawks were.
That pretty much settles it in my book; he wasn't fraternizing with the enemy, just looking to get his drink on, and he's >21, so entitled.

Hawgdriver
02-09-2014, 02:50 PM

Yeah, sounds non-eventish. I didn't bother to read the article. I like to get media-trolled.

vettesplus
02-11-2014, 10:23 AM
Denver Broncos superstar Von Miller learned the hard way ... no one wants to party with the losers ... 'cause after the game, he was REJCTED from a nightclub where the Seahawks celebrated their big win ... and TMZ Sports has the footage.

It all went down at Marquee in NYC ... where stars like James Carpenter, Sidney Rice and a bunch of other Seattle players were welcomed inside with open arms.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/02/03/denver-broncos-von-miller-rejected-nightclub-seattle-seahawks-marquee/#ixzz2sPcxM4lW

vm might be a very good football player, but he is a poster child of a complete moron!!!!

CoachChaz
02-11-2014, 11:21 AM
I can recall a few times where my adult baseball team played in championships. Both teams wanted to win for bragging rights and the contests could get heated. But I remember after all of those games, both teams sat in the parking lot or a bar and drank a beer together. Why? Because at the end of the day it's a ******* game!!

Apollo
02-12-2014, 06:02 AM
You don't party the night you lost the Superbowl. Total unprofessionalism.