PDA

View Full Version : MLB 2014 Thread

Pages : [1] 2

MOtorboat
02-03-2014, 06:17 PM
Pitchers and catchers report in 11 days for the Royals.

MOtorboat
02-06-2014, 05:37 PM
PECOTA came out today.

MOtorboat
02-08-2014, 11:13 PM
Spring Training TV broadcasts begin on Feb. 26 on MLBTV.

chazoe60
02-08-2014, 11:18 PM
I'm not overly optimistic, but GO ROCKIES!

MOtorboat
02-09-2014, 10:36 AM
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10397127/cincinnati-reds-closer-aroldis-chapman-pines-life-left-cuba-espn-magazine

MOtorboat
02-10-2014, 01:06 PM
Tanaka chartered a Boeing 787 to get to Spring Training.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/10/masahiro-tanaka-charters-a-boeing-787-dreamliner-for-five-people-and-a-dog/

MOtorboat
02-23-2014, 11:51 PM
I love Zack Geinke

"I would say there is absolutely zero excitement for it. There just isn't any excitement to it," Greinke told ESPNLosAngeles.com. "I can't think of one reason to be excited for it."

You know most of the players feel this way.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/story/_/id/10507222/comments-made-zack-greinke-los-angeles-dodgers-upset-australia-officials

CoachChaz
02-24-2014, 09:37 AM
I love Zack Geinke

You know most of the players feel this way.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/story/_/id/10507222/comments-made-zack-greinke-los-angeles-dodgers-upset-australia-officials

As a player, I think I'd be a little pissed. If it was treated like a vacation (Pro-Bowl type of thing), then I could understand. But the team is going to have a severely shortened spring training because of this. If L.A. doesnt jump out of the gate fast...this will loom over their heads.

MOtorboat
02-24-2014, 10:22 AM
You see Brett Gardner's contract Coach?

He doesn't seem like he's worth that, but what do I know?

CoachChaz
02-24-2014, 10:31 AM
You see Brett Gardner's contract Coach?

He doesn't seem like he's worth that, but what do I know?

I always thought Gardner was one of those guys that was going to break out and have a huge year. But at age 30...is that going to happen? He'll always have a decent OBP and steal a bunch of bases, but 13 mil a year for a speed guy seems reasonable if you are the Yankees, Sox or Dodgers. It's a luxury a team like that can afford. The bonus is that it's one more contract they'll be tied to with a player in his mid 30's

MOtorboat
02-24-2014, 10:49 AM
I REALLY like how the Braves are building and signing their players. Let McCann, the aging catcher go, and then sign the young guys, Freeman, Kimbrel, Simmons, Teheran. They now have full control of them through arbitration years, and can let them go when they hit 30 and the Yankees/Sox/Dodgers want to overpay them for declining years.

CoachChaz
02-24-2014, 11:24 AM
I REALLY like how the Braves are building and signing their players. Let McCann, the aging catcher go, and then sign the young guys, Freeman, Kimbrel, Simmons, Teheran. They now have full control of them through arbitration years, and can let them go when they hit 30 and the Yankees/Sox/Dodgers want to overpay them for declining years.

It's the old John Hart method. He did the same with the Indians in the 90's with Lofton, Baerga, Ramirez, etc. Oddly enough...he's now a consultant with the Braves. It's a much better idea than signing 28-31 year olds to 8-10 year deals at 20+ mil a year. Primary reason Chris Davis will be traded next off-season or in 2015. If he stays at his current course, Boras will get him 8 years somewhere. I want nothing to do with 8-10 years on ANY player. Yes...even Trout.

MOtorboat
02-24-2014, 01:49 PM
Longoria got seven at, I think 24. I think that's a safe deal, as would a Trout 7 year deal. If the Angels do it in the next year or so.

artie_dale
02-24-2014, 02:01 PM
Fantasy Baseball: While I was deployed to Afghanistan, I had to take a break from Fantasy Baseball because I couldn't access anything while I was out there. I've been back for two seasons and I STILL feel like I'm way out of the loop on everything since I left. I commish my own league with a unique set of stats for both batters & pitchers. Our draft is in the middle of March... anyone have any advise as to who I should look for early?

Stat categories consist of:

Batters:
Offense: Avg, HRs, RBIs, Steals, Doubles, Triples, Cycle, Walks
Defense: Errors, Assists, Putouts, Double-Plays

Pitching: Wins, ERA, Strikeouts, Hit into Double Play, Pick-offs, Holds, Saves, Quality Starts

I'm sure I left out a couple but off the top of my head, those are it.

I picked up Miguel Cabrera with my first pick last season, but my pitching couldn't get me over the hump. I just still feel lost about MLB nowadays when before 2011, I was on top of it all.

CoachChaz
02-24-2014, 03:04 PM
Longoria got seven at, I think 24. I think that's a safe deal, as would a Trout 7 year deal. If the Angels do it in the next year or so.

I can see where that would be a bonus with young players, but it could also bite them in the ass. Imagine giving Trout 7 years at 20 mil and he flames out...or has a significant injury. I know it's less likely with a younger guy than with a 31 year old, but the length still scares me.

MOtorboat
02-24-2014, 04:19 PM
Fantasy Baseball: While I was deployed to Afghanistan, I had to take a break from Fantasy Baseball because I couldn't access anything while I was out there. I've been back for two seasons and I STILL feel like I'm way out of the loop on everything since I left. I commish my own league with a unique set of stats for both batters & pitchers. Our draft is in the middle of March... anyone have any advise as to who I should look for early?

Stat categories consist of:

Batters:
Offense: Avg, HRs, RBIs, Steals, Doubles, Triples, Cycle, Walks
Defense: Errors, Assists, Putouts, Double-Plays

Pitching: Wins, ERA, Strikeouts, Hit into Double Play, Pick-offs, Holds, Saves, Quality Starts

I'm sure I left out a couple but off the top of my head, those are it.

I picked up Miguel Cabrera with my first pick last season, but my pitching couldn't get me over the hump. I just still feel lost about MLB nowadays when before 2011, I was on top of it all.

Why would you have pick offs and cycles as categories. Wouldn't you end up in ties almost every week in those categories. And if you got one there's virtually no way to beat it for that week, and no real strategy to either category.

Anyway, depending on wear you're drafting I'm looking at high average-high doubles hitters and going from there.

CoachChaz
02-24-2014, 04:25 PM
Why would you have pick offs and cycles as categories. Wouldn't you end up in ties almost every week in those categories. And if you got one there's virtually no way to beat it for that week, and no real strategy to either category.

Anyway, depending on wear you're drafting I'm looking at high average-high doubles hitters and going from there.

Define "high average". The only doubles leaders to bat over .310 last year were Cano, Trout and Mauer.

If you want a .290 hitter with a ton of doubles and great defense, then Machado or Lowrie are guys to look at. Or a big doubles guy with lots of HR's, then someone like Davis, Longoria, Ortiz.

MOtorboat
02-24-2014, 04:29 PM
Define "high average". The only doubles leaders to bat over .310 last year were Cano, Trout and Mauer.

If you want a .290 hitter with a ton of doubles and great defense, then Machado or Lowrie are guys to look at. Or a big doubles guy with lots of HR's, then someone like Davis, Longoria, Ortiz.

That's exactly who I'd being looking at with my first pick too. I'd probably go with the high homer-lower average guy in the 2nd, and depending on how the draft is going take a pitcher in round 3 (but don't reach for one, that would be only if no one has gone pitcher yet). So top tier guys like Kershaw and Verlander. After that I'd probably go OBP from there until I've got a decent portion of my lineup filled. I just would want to get a high doubles guy yearly if that's a category.

CoachChaz
02-24-2014, 04:33 PM
That's exactly who I'd being looking at with my first pick too. I'd probably go with the high homer-lower average guy in the 2nd, and depending on how the draft is going take a pitcher in round 3 (but don't reach for one, that would be only if no one has gone pitcher yet). So top tier guys like Kershaw and Verlander. After that I'd probably go OBP from there until I've got a decent portion of my lineup filled. I just would want to get a high doubles guy yearly if that's a category.

I think Cano's doubles go up at SafeCo...while his homers go down. Do contracts talks distract a 22 year old in L.A.? Mauer could see a bump in production while moving to first base. Trout seems like the best overall option when you combine all stats, but unless you have the top pick, you can forget about him

MOtorboat
02-26-2014, 08:22 PM
Anyone see Reddick's two catches today?

MOtorboat
02-26-2014, 09:09 PM
Trevor Bauer had a rough start to his season. Walked Billy Hamilton, and Hamilton promptly stole second and took third because the catcher rushed his throw to second. Then Bauer walked Phillips, but got Phillips and Votto out on a strike 'em out throw 'em out that was ugly.

WTE
02-26-2014, 09:32 PM
Trevor Bauer had a rough start to his season. Walked Billy Hamilton, and Hamilton promptly stole second and took third because the catcher rushed his throw to second. Then Bauer walked Phillips, but got Phillips and Votto out on a strike 'em out throw 'em out that was ugly.

My, you don't say.

MOtorboat
02-26-2014, 09:39 PM
My, you don't say.

Oh, but I do say.

WTE
02-26-2014, 09:49 PM
Oh, but I do say.

That's good stuf......~snore~ Mo ~snore~ ZZZZzzzzzz

MOtorboat
02-26-2014, 09:50 PM
That's good stuf......~snore~ Mo ~snore~ ZZZZzzzzzz

I like to discuss anything baseball, not just Red Sox, so kindly move along, sir.

MOtorboat
03-18-2014, 03:36 PM
Lol, I turn the channel for 15 minutes and the White Sox gave up nine runs in the first...and there's still only one out.

WTE
03-18-2014, 03:39 PM
Lol, I turn the channel for 15 minutes and the White Sox gave up nine runs in the first...and there's still only one out.

Speaking of the Central Division, former Central Division star Grady Sizemore is looking good in his comeback with Boston.

MOtorboat
03-18-2014, 03:39 PM
Speaking of the Central Division, former Central Division star Grady Sizemore is looking good in his comeback with Boston.

Did he strain his mangina yet?

Dapper Dan
03-19-2014, 11:05 PM
Damn

Cincinnati Reds closer Aroldis Chapman was struck in the face by a line drive off the bat of Royals catcher Salvador Perez on Wednesday night and was taken by cart off the field by paramedics, but did not lose consciousness.

Chapman suffered a laceration and contusion above his left eye, according to the Reds, narrowly averting what could have been a far more serious injury.

The Cactus League game at Surprise Stadium was canceled after the incident, which came in the bottom of the sixth inning. Chapman was put on a backboard and taken off the field onto a cart by paramedics.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2014/03/19/aroldis-chapman-leaves-game-after-being-hit-in-head-by-line-drive-game-cancelled/6638029/

chazoe60
03-20-2014, 09:34 AM
Damn

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2014/03/19/aroldis-chapman-leaves-game-after-being-hit-in-head-by-line-drive-game-cancelled/6638029/
I'm glad he seems to be okay. That dude is one of the best things going in MLB right now. So fun to watch.

Nomad
03-24-2014, 01:12 PM
Go Mariners!

MOtorboat
03-30-2014, 07:41 PM
Opening Night. Goosebumps.

BroncoWave
03-30-2014, 07:43 PM
Opening Night. Goosebumps.

Well, this would be opening night if the MLB didn't do that stupid Australia thing a week ago.

MOtorboat
03-30-2014, 07:44 PM
Well, this would be opening night if the MLB didn't do that stupid Australia thing a week ago.

That didn't actually happen.

Dapper Dan
03-30-2014, 07:45 PM
R!

E!

D!

S!

Reds!

Reds!

Reds!

BroncoWave
03-30-2014, 07:45 PM
I almost never watch the MLB before, like, September, but Puig intrigues me so I have this one on in the background.

MOtorboat
03-31-2014, 09:26 AM
National Sneak Out of Work to Watch Baseball Day is here!

CoachChaz
03-31-2014, 09:59 AM
National Sneak Out of Work to Watch Baseball Day is here!

O's/Sox on the Deuce at 2:00 CST = work day over at 1:00

BroncoJoe
03-31-2014, 10:25 AM
I'm so irritated. At work, we have a 15'ers club, meaning if you hit goal by the 15th, you get to do something special with Sr. Leadership and other 15'ers. I've consistently hit that club, but fell short last month by $100.00. The prize for last month? Box seats at the Rockies home opener on the 4th.

So irritated.

CoachChaz
03-31-2014, 10:29 AM
I'm so irritated. At work, we have a 15'ers club, meaning if you hit goal by the 15th, you get to do something special with Sr. Leadership and other 15'ers. I've consistently hit that club, but fell short last month by $100.00. The prize for last month? Box seats at the Rockies home opener on the 4th.

So irritated.

I threw out an idea for my sales team to get a chance to go to opening day in Arligton if we hit our Q1 quota. Surprisingly...it was approved by Sr. Management. However...we traded opening day for April 17th simply because the funds allotment could get us in the all-you-can-eat seats with some left over for beers and it wont be as jam packed as Opening Day.

artie_dale
03-31-2014, 10:38 AM

So irritated.

Oh man. That would be awesome. Good luck next time, Joe.

OB
03-31-2014, 10:47 AM

MOtorboat
03-31-2014, 10:59 AM
I will likely be only able to sneak away for a few innings. But game starts in an hour. Get those fantasy lineups set.

MOtorboat
03-31-2014, 11:00 AM
I miss only being 45 minutes from an Opening Day. Although neither the Rocks or the Royals get true Opening Day at home (Colorado almost never does) it sucks being 4 and 7 hours from Opening Day now.

artie_dale
03-31-2014, 11:06 AM
And for you Directv subscribers, they are offering free MLB network all week. That's what I'll be doing!

OB
03-31-2014, 11:21 AM
And for you Directv subscribers, they are offering free MLB network all week. That's what I'll be doing!

Cool - I miss having MSG when i Lived in CT

CoachChaz
03-31-2014, 11:23 AM
MLB Network is something that comes with my standard package. I'd be lost without it.

MOtorboat
03-31-2014, 12:27 PM
And so the first batter of the season was a slow dribbler to second...

Off to a rousing start!

artie_dale
03-31-2014, 03:17 PM
YO! MLB Extra Innings = 8 games simultaneously. I wonder if I could just pay for just this channel.

WTE
03-31-2014, 03:24 PM
In Grady Sizemore's first AB this season he got a single. In his 2nd AB he hit a HR.

Not a bad come back so far.

artie_dale
03-31-2014, 03:31 PM
HA HA! MO, Walkoff for Neil Walker! I drafted him late and he's on my bench this week. Very nice.

artie_dale
03-31-2014, 03:33 PM
HA HA! MO, Walkoff for Neil Walker! I drafted him late and he's on my bench this week. Very nice.

Wait... before I get ahead of myself, did you end up keeping him or dropping him and redrafting him? I was under the assumption you still had him.

OB
03-31-2014, 03:52 PM
In Grady Sizemore's first AB this season he got a single. In his 2nd AB he hit a HR.

Not a bad come back so far.

No one cares about the Red Sux - move along :boring:

weazel
03-31-2014, 04:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okXhAC78d4Q

WTE
03-31-2014, 04:05 PM
No one cares about the Red Sux - move along :boring:

Mo asked if I could kindly update him on Grady Sizemore's come back throughout the entire 2014 season.

Nomad
03-31-2014, 04:14 PM
Mariners/Angels this evening.

MOtorboat
03-31-2014, 04:53 PM
Mo asked if I could kindly update him on Grady Sizemore's come back throughout the entire 2014 season.

I did?

WTE
03-31-2014, 06:02 PM
I did?

Yes. I will see if I can find the post....

EDIT: I found it

Oh hi WTE buddy old pal. Good grief, I am jealous the Red Sox signed a great player like Grady Sizemore to such a low priced, value contract. I wish my Royals could have signed him at that low price but they are not as savvy as your respected Red Sox. Anyway, I do not wish to take anymore of your valuable time but I am wondering if you can keep me updated on Sizemore's come back attempt during the entire 2014 season. I would be most grateful and honored.

MOtorboat
03-31-2014, 08:25 PM
Yes. I will see if I can find the post....

EDIT: I found it

Lulz.

Buff
03-31-2014, 08:40 PM
I remember when MO said that...

MO, what do you think of Yordano Ventura's upside? I picked him up in my fantasy league.

MOtorboat
03-31-2014, 08:41 PM

MO, what do you think of Yordano Ventura's upside? I picked him up in my fantasy league.

The upside is tremendous.

But it's the Royals. He will have Tommy John surgery by May.

Buff
03-31-2014, 08:43 PM
The upside is tremendous.

But it's the Royals. He will have Tommy John surgery by May.

Ok, I guess that was a dumb question because I already know his upside is tremendous, but I don't know anything else about him except that he throws hard. Can you offer up any facts beyond those two things?

MOtorboat
03-31-2014, 08:47 PM
Ok, I guess that was a dumb question because I already know his upside is tremendous, but I don't know anything else about him except that he throws hard. Can you offer up any facts beyond those two things?

It's all about the fastball. That's all anyone is talking about. I quite honestly don't know his secondary stuff.

He has an Aroldis Chapman-esque fastball, though.

MOtorboat
03-31-2014, 08:50 PM
I hope you kept Fernandez, Buff.

:coffee:

Buff
03-31-2014, 09:04 PM
I hope you kept Fernandez, Buff.

Nope, watching him dominate tonight and hating myself... I love the guy so much. But I couldn't bring myself to get rid of the reigning Cy Young winner. Nor could I keep two pitchers and hope to compete.

Dapper Dan
03-31-2014, 09:06 PM
Ugh. I hate St Louis.

MOtorboat
03-31-2014, 09:10 PM
Don Baylor, who works for the Angels now, broke his ankle catching the first pitch from Vlad Guerrero.

Dapper Dan
03-31-2014, 11:08 PM
I'm in a non-keeper league. Guy wants Freddie Freeman. Offering Mike Napoli. I have no idea who these guys are. The guy may be a Braves homer.

Which of those two will be better this season?

Dapper Dan
03-31-2014, 11:11 PM
Shit. I need to fix this ^^^

Dapper Dan
04-01-2014, 12:57 AM
I declined and told him I'd take Andrew McCutchen for Freeman. :lol:

MOtorboat
04-01-2014, 07:57 AM
I'm in a non-keeper league. Guy wants Freddie Freeman. Offering Mike Napoli. I have no idea who these guys are. The guy may be a Braves homer.

Which of those two will be better this season?

I think I might have taken the deal, depending on if you have other guys who hit for average.

MOtorboat
04-02-2014, 12:07 PM
So, apparently one of the Royals' taglines this year is, "This team will have you on the edge of your throne all year."

My thoughts are that that might get the shit on the seat and make a mess. But that's just me.

artie_dale
04-02-2014, 12:12 PM

I have him too. I expect he'll get Grienke (spelled right?) type numbers/treatment. But, in my league, Quality Starts is a stat on top of Wins, so he should be more productive in my league.

Buff
04-02-2014, 12:12 PM
Freeman > Napoli and it's not close. Don't listen to MO.

MOtorboat
04-02-2014, 12:13 PM
Freeman > Napoli and it's not close. Don't listen to MO.

Average only. Napoli should have more homers and RBI.

Buff
04-02-2014, 12:19 PM

Negative. Napoli might have a couple more HRs, but Freeman should out-produce him in every other category.

MOtorboat
04-02-2014, 12:20 PM
Negative. Napoli might have a couple more HRs, but Freeman should out-produce him in every other category.

Well, I'm very comfortable with Napoli in my lineup.

Buff
04-02-2014, 12:22 PM
Well, I'm very comfortable with Napoli in my lineup.

Yeah, of course, but I'd never trade Freddy Freeman for him straight up. Napoli is going like 80 picks later than Freeman in ESPN drafts.

artie_dale
04-02-2014, 12:25 PM

As a Braves fan, while I like Freeman, I also like Napoli (if he's qualifies for both the 1B & C positions in your league). But, Freeman popped two HRs yesterday and he's capable of doing that. I loved Nap as a multi-position FBB player though.

MOtorboat
04-02-2014, 12:27 PM
Yeah, of course, but I'd never trade Freddy Freeman for him straight up. Napoli is going like 80 picks later than Freeman in ESPN drafts.

That seems like way too big of a disparity, IMO.

Dapper Dan
04-02-2014, 12:30 PM
ESPN has Napoli listed as a 1st baseman only.

I already declined the trade anyway.

MOtorboat
04-02-2014, 12:31 PM
I'm watching your boy Scherzer, Buff, and enjoying a nice bowl of strawberries.

Dapper Dan
04-02-2014, 12:31 PM
I also think he rejected my counter offer for McCutchen. :lol:

CoachChaz
04-02-2014, 12:33 PM
Based on 2013, Freeman bested Napoli in every offensive category and is a much better defensive player. He's also heading into better years while Nap is declining.

Personally, I think it would be a no brainer to take Freeman over Nap...but to each his own.

Buff
04-02-2014, 12:34 PM

I need him to have another Cy Young year. My starters fall off a cliff after him.

artie_dale
04-02-2014, 12:35 PM

I have Sherzer too (but am at work). How's he looking.

Braves have Harang pitching against Garza and Garza's got 4 K's in 2 innings already. Fricken Braves are whiffing.

artie_dale
04-02-2014, 12:36 PM
I need him to have another Cy Young year. My starters fall off a cliff after him.

I have Darvish (15 Day DL), Sherzer, Ventura (KC), and Dee (NYM/mistake so far).

MOtorboat
04-02-2014, 12:37 PM
I have Sherzer too (but am at work). How's he looking.

Braves have Harang pitching against Garza and Garza's got 4 K's in 2 innings already. Fricken Braves are whiffing.

Pretty good. Gave up a hit and a walk in the first, but got a double play to get out of it, and went 1-2-3 on 9 pitches in the second.

Garza has his nasty stuff today.

Buff
04-02-2014, 12:40 PM
I have Darvish (15 Day DL), Sherzer, Ventura (KC), and Dee (NYM/mistake so far).

I am in a 20-team league and over the years I've found that it's much easier to acquire pitching talent on waivers than hitters. So my draft was really skewed to the offensive side. Not only that, but I used a 10th rd pick on Kris Medlan (****). So Ervin Santana is my #2 and after that I'm trying to catch lightning in a bottle with guys like Ventura or Erasmo Ramirez. I'm confident some back of the rotation guys will emerge as the year goes on.

MOtorboat
04-02-2014, 12:45 PM
OK, everyone, tell me what happens next:

Announcer: And Aoki rarely strikes out.

artie_dale
04-02-2014, 12:52 PM
I am in a 20-team league and over the years I've found that it's much easier to acquire pitching talent on waivers than hitters. So my draft was really skewed to the offensive side. Not only that, but I used a 10th rd pick on Kris Medlan (****). So Ervin Santana is my #2 and after that I'm trying to catch lightning in a bottle with guys like Ventura or Erasmo Ramirez. I'm confident some back of the rotation guys will emerge as the year goes on.

OH! That blows man.

MOtorboat
04-02-2014, 01:09 PM
Garza hasn't allowed a hit in four, five strikeouts and a walk (to Freeman), so not perfect, but no-no.

artie_dale
04-02-2014, 01:12 PM
Garza hasn't allowed a hit in four, five strikeouts and a walk (to Freeman), so not perfect, but no-no.

Wonderful :/

MOtorboat
04-02-2014, 01:18 PM
Also, Brewers wearing their gorgeous day alternate gold uniforms.

Buff
04-02-2014, 01:22 PM
MO is really pissing me off with his pleasant and enjoyable day watching baseball. Where does he get off?

MOtorboat
04-02-2014, 01:33 PM
MO is really pissing me off with his pleasant and enjoyable day watching baseball. Where does he get off?

I'm about to go to work and won't be off work until around 11. Get used to my new reality Buff. Daytime and late night baseball watching.

MOtorboat
04-02-2014, 01:34 PM
I watched the Angels-Mariners late last night and then watched the beginning of jOBS.

Buff
04-02-2014, 01:38 PM
I watched the Angels-Mariners late last night and then watched the beginning of jOBS.

I watched Angels Mariners as well. Was really encouraged by my guy Ramirez. I still want to see Jobs even though I heard it's awful.

artie_dale
04-02-2014, 01:42 PM

Still a no-no both ways (espn.com)

Buff
04-02-2014, 01:43 PM
Still a no-no both ways (espn.com)

I was just wondering how Aaron friggin Harang still has a no hitter working.

artie_dale
04-02-2014, 01:53 PM
YES! Chris Johnson just went yard. He's my current FBB 1B.

Buff
04-02-2014, 02:05 PM
YES! Chris Johnson just went yard. He's my current FBB 1B.

I think we have the same team, artie. He's in my utility slot today. :five:

Buff
04-02-2014, 03:05 PM
Effing Joe Nathan cost us a win, Artie.

MOtorboat
04-02-2014, 03:33 PM

The Royals still lost. :tsk:

artie_dale
04-02-2014, 11:42 PM

Yeah, and he's one of my closers to boot. But, like I said, I have a stat category called 'quality starts' and Sherzer won me a point there.

Nathan did score me a win the other day though (during Verlander's start) and Kimbrel gave his 2nd save so far.

Dapper Dan
04-03-2014, 12:01 AM
Reds and Cards exciting matchups. :lol:

Each team is averaging 1 run per game now. Is it great pitching or poor batting?

MOtorboat
04-03-2014, 12:08 PM
Rockies-Marlins on MLB Network.

chazoe60
04-03-2014, 12:29 PM
I almost never watch the MLB before, like, September, but Puig intrigues me so I have this one on in the background.

I hate you!

Dapper Dan
04-03-2014, 05:13 PM
One of my fantasy teams has that Puig dude.

Buff
04-03-2014, 05:20 PM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--SK8RFThL--/c_fit,fl_progressive,w_636/l0mdrhjvtgloifhjkhjm.gif

MOtorboat
04-04-2014, 11:56 PM
EY. Robbin' fools.

http://m.mlb.com/video/v31827247/must-c-catch-young-robs-phillips-of-a-homer

Dapper Dan
04-05-2014, 12:02 AM
EY. Robbin' fools.

http://m.mlb.com/video/v31827247/must-c-catch-young-robs-phillips-of-a-homer

Damn

MOtorboat
04-05-2014, 12:05 AM
Texeira went out after grabbing his hamstring.

Tanaka has filthy stuff. That two-seamer with the screwball action (backspin that tails in to right handers) is a nasty, nasty pitch.

MOtorboat
04-06-2014, 05:59 PM
Béisbol esta noche.

MOtorboat
04-07-2014, 12:46 PM
BTW, MLB Network's new show with the Mad Dog guy sucks. He's an idiot.

Today he was whining about somebody playing a game because it was "only" 38 degrees. At first he said the game shouldn't have been played, and I'm thinking snow and 20 degrees, or something, and then he said 38 degrees like 38 degrees is some egregiously could temperature, and I was all like "WUT?!"

Unfortunately, I'm going to be at work now during Intentional Talk and Baseball Confidential.

Nomad
04-07-2014, 12:55 PM
BTW, MLB Network's new show with the Mad Dog guy sucks. He's an idiot.

Today he was whining about somebody playing a game because it was "only" 38 degrees. At first he said the game shouldn't have been played, and I'm thinking snow and 20 degrees, or something, and then he said 38 degrees like 38 degrees is some egregiously could temperature, and I was all like "WUT?!"

Unfortunately, I'm going to be at work now during Intentional Talk and Baseball Confidential.

I know MLB uses wooden bats, but did you know the bats used by collegiate and high school players (BBCOR) (aluminum/composite), the warranties are voided if they use the bats under a 60 degree temp. I bought them an Easton last year and a Demarini this year, and in their warranty, it states that. My sons' bats are voided the minute they get in the box:lol:

Anyway, baseball in the cold is something I've gotten use to:lol:

MOtorboat
04-15-2014, 12:13 PM
This new Mad Dog guy at MLB Network is annoying. Stop yelling. You have a microphone.

CoachChaz
04-15-2014, 01:08 PM
This new Mad Dog guy at MLB Network is annoying. Stop yelling. You have a microphone.

Russo has sucked for years. Not only is he annoying, but he doesnt know much more about sports than my 15 year olds.

MOtorboat
04-15-2014, 01:19 PM
Russo has sucked for years. Not only is he annoying, but he doesnt know much more about sports than my 15 year olds.

I agreed with what he was saying actually. The new emphasis on the catch for a force out rule, which says you have to transfer the ball successfully from the glove to your hand for it to be a "catch." It's ridiculous. But he was just yelling at the top of his lungs, and it was almost in audible.

BTW, that new emphasis is just horrible. There was a force last night, I think maybe in the Mets game, where the catcher caught the ball, with his foot on home plate, grabbed the ball out of his glove, cocked it and then the ball fell out of his hand. The runner coming to home was called safe. It's ridiculous.

weazel
04-15-2014, 01:24 PM
is this the mad dog from sirius-xm? that guy is impossible to listen to

CoachChaz
04-15-2014, 02:16 PM
is this the mad dog from sirius-xm? that guy is impossible to listen to

One in the same

CoachChaz
04-15-2014, 02:17 PM
I agreed with what he was saying actually. The new emphasis on the catch for a force out rule, which says you have to transfer the ball successfully from the glove to your hand for it to be a "catch." It's ridiculous. But he was just yelling at the top of his lungs, and it was almost in audible.

BTW, that new emphasis is just horrible. There was a force last night, I think maybe in the Mets game, where the catcher caught the ball, with his foot on home plate, grabbed the ball out of his glove, cocked it and then the ball fell out of his hand. The runner coming to home was called safe. It's ridiculous.

I agree...it has gone to ridiculous lengths. The blocking the plate rule hasnt been perfect either. Watching a Pirates-Cubs game last week, the throw home lead the catcher into the base path and they called the runner safe because the catcher impeded him. The only other option is to let the ball go to the backstop while the runners advance.

MOtorboat
04-16-2014, 12:25 AM
Mike Trout.

Doing work. Down 2, one on, bottom of the ninth.

Big fly.

weazel
04-16-2014, 01:40 PM
Mike Trout.

Doing work. Down 2, one on, bottom of the ninth.

Big fly.

yep, he just doesn't want it.

MOtorboat
04-16-2014, 01:47 PM
yep, he just doesn't want it.

Trollolololol

MOtorboat
04-16-2014, 04:31 PM
Lol

A.) Oliver Perez is still pitching.
B.) He's adopted a Nuke LaLoosh delivery.

BroncoWave
04-18-2014, 08:59 PM
I'm really glad Harang didn't complete his no-hitter tonight. He had 6 walks when he had the no-no though 7. I don't find that all that impressive. I remember when Ubaldo had one for the Rockies but had like 7 walks with it. I would take a 1-hit no-walk performance over that any day, but that one doesn't go into the record books.

MOtorboat
04-20-2014, 02:25 PM
Brewers-Pirates LOL.

MOtorboat
04-23-2014, 01:06 AM
Albert hit 499 and 500 tonight (yesterday for everyone else). Needs more attention.

Jayson Stark: (http://espn.go.com/blog/jayson-stark/post/_/id/769/appreciating-albert-pujols)

The .300/.400/500/.600 Club

This is one of my favorite sets of numbers, because it provides us with one of the most exalted group of hitters who ever lived. You need:
.300 batting average or better.
.400 on-base percentage or better.
500 home runs or more.
.600 slugging percentage or better.

Now here are the three men in history who get to hang out in this clubhouse:
Ted Williams .344/.482/521/.634
Babe Ruth .342/.474/714/.690
Jimmie Foxx .325/.428/534/.609

And that's all, folks. Ever heard of them?

Well, the truth is that Albert doesn't quite make that cut. But only by one-thousandth of a percentage point. Here's his personal slash line: .321/.409/500/.599.

Uh, that'll still work. Because here's the thing: Even if we lowered the slugging percentage cutoff to below .600, to whatever The Pujols Line is at any given moment, there would still just be those three men and Albert.

MOtorboat
04-23-2014, 01:17 AM
Jose Fernandez is just nasty.

First inning against the Braves tonight:
97-99 mph four-seamer with movement that rises up and inside to lefties, and sinks away from them low.
91 mph something, can't tell if this is a change up or a two-seamer.
Hard slurve/curve that breaks about 8-9 inches and he can go back door with it on command.
Looping curve that drops about a foot, if not more.

That's just devastating stuff.

ShaneFalco
04-23-2014, 02:55 AM
gz to albert.

Who saw Holliday steal that home run?

Dapper Dan
04-26-2014, 11:21 PM
I traded that Puig guy from LA for Adam Jones of Baltimore.

MOtorboat
04-26-2014, 11:23 PM
I traded that Puig guy from LA for Adam Jones of Baltimore.

I like that trade without looking at any numbers.

Dapper Dan
04-26-2014, 11:24 PM
I like that trade without looking at any numbers.

Adam Jones shows up to games.

He's also listed as roughly the 6th best OF, while Puig is around 11th. My buddy is Dodgers fan. That's pretty much it.

MOtorboat
04-26-2014, 11:26 PM
Adam Jones shows up to games.

He's also listed as roughly the 6th best OF, while Puig is around 11th. My buddy is Dodgers fan. That's pretty much it.

That only happened at the first home game of the year, didn't it?

Dapper Dan
04-26-2014, 11:27 PM
That only happened at the first home game of the year, didn't it?

Red flags, Mo.

MOtorboat
04-26-2014, 11:28 PM
Red flags, Mo.

Well I'm completely "meh" about that in terms of fantasy, but I still like that trade.

Dapper Dan
04-26-2014, 11:30 PM
Well I'm completely "meh" about that in terms of fantasy, but I still like that trade.

Me too. And that one guy is still sending me shit trades wanting Freddie Freeman.

MOtorboat
04-26-2014, 11:34 PM
Me too. And that one guy is still sending me shit trades wanting Freddie Freeman.

What's the latest?

Dapper Dan
04-26-2014, 11:35 PM
What's the latest?

I can't even remember. I declined. It's roughly the same players. He really wants me to have that Napoli guy from Boston.

MOtorboat
04-26-2014, 11:37 PM
I can't even remember. I declined. It's roughly the same players. He really wants me to have that Napoli guy from Boston.

Napoli is a good player. Now, the league I have him in, he gets bonus points because we have OBP as a stat and he's a high OBP guy.

Dapper Dan
04-26-2014, 11:40 PM
I get:

Mike Napoli, Bos 1B
Nick Swisher, Cle 1B
Cole Hamels, Phi SP

He gets:

Freddie Freeman, Atl 1B
Madison Bumgarner, SF SP

MOtorboat
04-26-2014, 11:43 PM
I get:

Mike Napoli, Bos 1B
Nick Swisher, Cle 1B
Cole Hamels, Phi SP

He gets:

Freddie Freeman, Atl 1B
Madison Bumgarner, SF SP

Lol.

MOtorboat
04-28-2014, 05:50 PM
Harper is out till July.

Dapper Dan
04-28-2014, 05:56 PM
Harper is out till July.

I think I tried trading for him. I'm kinda glad I got turned down.

Buff
04-28-2014, 06:35 PM
Harper is out till July.

I've heard that many people think him to be a huge douche bag. You never know how much of that is jealousy vs. legit criticism.

Dapper Dan
04-28-2014, 06:36 PM
Well, he IS white. Most white people are douchebags.

Buff
04-28-2014, 06:37 PM
Well, he IS white. Most white people are douchebags.

I've about had it with you, young man.

Dapper Dan
04-28-2014, 06:42 PM
I've about had it with you, young man.

If I wasn't so busy eating chicken nuggets and playing Madden, I'd **** you up, mate.

WTE
05-20-2014, 02:21 PM
Steven Drew is back with the Red Sox.

CoachChaz
05-20-2014, 03:50 PM
Steven Drew is back with the Red Sox.

They needed to do something. The whole division has been crap so far

Denver Native (Carol)
05-20-2014, 06:56 PM
Former Rockies catcher Miguel Olivo, now in the Dodgers organization playing for Triple-A Albuquerque, reportedly bit part of the ear off teammate Alex Guerrero in a dugout fight during a game Tuesday against Salt Lake.

Salt Lake Tribune reporter Steve Luhm reported that the game was halted in the eighth inning because of the fight. Then, later in the day, Fox’s Jon Morosi cited agent Scott Boras who said part of Guerrero’s ear had been bitten off and would require surgery.

Boras said that police are now involved. Find the Twitter updates below.

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/rockies/2014/05/20/miguel-olivo-former-rockies-catcher-reportedly-bites-ear-dodgers-teammate/17591/

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-21-2014, 07:24 PM
rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/rockies/2014/05/20/miguel-olivo-former-rockies-catcher-reportedly-bites-ear-dodgers-teammate/17591/

What an eery situation.

Dapper Dan
06-10-2014, 06:42 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/mlb-teams-join-in-twitter-sing-along-of-taylor-swift-song-225050276.html

WTE
06-10-2014, 08:36 PM
I was very sad to hear of the passing of Bob Welch today. He was so dominant w/ the A's (during the steroid era) and he destroyed my Red Sox. He was amazing to watch.

They are not disclosing cause of death yet but I hope it's not suicide.

Buff
06-11-2014, 09:05 AM
http://giant.gfycat.com/BouncyEnergeticAurochs.gif

CoachChaz
06-11-2014, 09:06 AM
I was very sad to hear of the passing of Bob Welch today. He was so dominant w/ the A's (during the steroid era) and he destroyed my Red Sox. He was amazing to watch.

They are not disclosing cause of death yet but I hope it's not suicide.

Latest report is heart attack. That year he won 27 games was impressive. Him and Dave Stewart were studs that year but honestly...Eckersley probably should have won the Cy Young. But 27 wins is a big number.

Anyway...sad news.

Dapper Dan
06-22-2014, 11:23 AM
I have a 2nd favorite team in football but I make sure they're in the NFC. In baseball, I think I'll pick a 2nd favorite team and make sure it's an AL team. I think that team is the Orioles.

chazoe60
07-15-2014, 07:03 PM
Anyone else listening to this dumb broad absolutely butcher Forever Young? Good Lord she is ******* terrible.

MOtorboat
07-15-2014, 07:55 PM
Anyone else listening to this dumb broad absolutely butcher Forever Young? Good Lord she is ******* terrible.

Is that what she was singing? I didn't have the sound up.

CoachChaz
07-16-2014, 08:31 AM
I have a 2nd favorite team in football but I make sure they're in the NFC. In baseball, I think I'll pick a 2nd favorite team and make sure it's an AL team. I think that team is the Orioles.

Good call

OB
07-16-2014, 10:24 AM
Dereks last all-star game :sad: :Cry:

CoachChaz
07-16-2014, 12:12 PM
Dereks last all-star game :sad: :Cry:

Finally!!!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-16-2014, 12:12 PM
Mike Trout is a stallion.

MOtorboat
07-16-2014, 12:13 PM
Mike Trout is a stallion.

Mike Trout is awesome sauce personified.

But ugh...two more nights without baseball...

CoachChaz
07-16-2014, 12:14 PM
Mike Trout is awesome sauce personified.

But ugh...two more nights without baseball...

I know. Fortunately, I have shit to do the next 2 nights, so it worked out perfect for me

MOtorboat
07-16-2014, 12:18 PM
I am wearing my Royals polo today to help ease the pain.

CoachChaz
07-16-2014, 02:11 PM
I am wearing my Royals polo today to help ease the pain.

I dont own a Orioles polo. Despite my love for the Orioles and Broncos, I'm not a big fan of orange.

chazoe60
07-16-2014, 02:19 PM
I have a gigantic man crush on Mike Trout, my other non-Rockies baseball man crush is Andrew McCutchen.

CoachChaz
07-16-2014, 02:46 PM
I have a gigantic man crush on Mike Trout, my other non-Rockies baseball man crush is Andrew McCutchen.

Give me an outfield with those two and Adam Jones and I dare someone on the team to be lazy and unmotivated.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-16-2014, 07:49 PM

The Angels have been my favorite team since about 1980. It's really cool to see my team relevant again with an all-world talent. We haven't had that for about decade. Man, Vladimir Guerrero sure was fun to watch back in the day. That dude could hit the ball 2 feet out of the strike zone.

Dzone
07-16-2014, 08:12 PM
Strange that Tony Gwynn was never mentioned.

WTE
07-18-2014, 11:39 AM
Tonight the Kansas City Royals visit Fenway Park to play my lowly Red Sox.

MOtorboat
07-18-2014, 11:44 AM
Tonight the Kansas City Royals visit Fenway Park to play my lowly Red Sox.

That they do. Geaux Royals!

CoachChaz
07-18-2014, 01:13 PM
Orioles get to start a deadly 16 game stretch against OAK, LAA, SEA

BroncoNut
07-18-2014, 01:17 PM

omg I LOVE those men

MOtorboat
07-18-2014, 01:25 PM
Orioles get to start a deadly 16 game stretch against OAK, LAA, SEA

All on the road?

CoachChaz
07-18-2014, 01:49 PM
All on the road?

The first 10 of them are. Then 6 at home. After that...TOR, STL, NYY.

We easily have the toughest 2nd half schedule. A little easier at the end of August with CHW, CHC, CLE, MIN, but we start with CIN in Sept and the rest of the month is divisional games.

WTE
07-18-2014, 07:29 PM
LOL. Dumb Red Sox first base ball girl decides to grab a fair ball.

OB
07-18-2014, 07:34 PM
Yes. The sox are dumb. #tipyourhatbitches #RE2PECT

MOtorboat
07-18-2014, 07:44 PM
Yes. The sox are dumb. #tipyourhatbitches #RE2PECT

#theresathreadforthat

MOtorboat
07-18-2014, 07:57 PM
I mean, it's just like a Yankee fan to somehow insert themselves into a Royals-Red Sox game by bringing up Jeter.

WTE
07-18-2014, 08:47 PM
Mo, what is your opinion of Scott Downs?

OB
07-18-2014, 09:23 PM
#theresathreadforthat

**** off i - this is a MLB thread. My post was about MLB :werd:

I didn't jump in the middle of a convo.

MOtorboat
07-18-2014, 10:09 PM
Mo, what is your opinion of Scott Downs?

**** him.

chazoe60
07-19-2014, 07:34 PM
I absolutely love watching Andrew McCutchen play baseball, the only problem is that the only time I get to watch him is when he's playing against my beloved Rockies and killing us in any number of ways.

Freaking dude is one of my all time favorite non-Rockies players. Everything he does looks effortless even the plays that only a handful of people on the planet can make. Amazing player.

MOtorboat
07-21-2014, 02:36 PM
If you play that stupid shift and the batter bunts or slaps ones the other way, it's not the wrong way to play baseball.

If you don't like it, don't shift morons.

CoachChaz
07-22-2014, 10:03 AM
If you play that stupid shift and the batter bunts or slaps ones the other way, it's not the wrong way to play baseball.

If you don't like it, don't shift morons.

The shift works to a defensive benefit more often than not. (see: Chris Davis 2014)

MOtorboat
07-22-2014, 01:17 PM
Damn Yankees.

CoachChaz
07-22-2014, 03:26 PM
Damn Yankees.

That was destined to happen. But I dont see him as an upgrade. People tend to fixate on the ONE good year he had two years ago.

MOtorboat
07-22-2014, 04:58 PM
That was destined to happen. But I dont see him as an upgrade. People tend to fixate on the ONE good year he had two years ago.

I know he's only hitting .229, but it's something like .300 in the last month. Maybe he's not as good as 2012, but he's not as bad as this year, either.

MOtorboat
07-24-2014, 06:24 PM
Even the Braves TV announcers are whiny bitches.

Catcher and pitcher had confusion with signs, catcher ran out to the mound for all of five seconds...hometown announcer started bitching.

chazoe60
07-24-2014, 06:43 PM
Buck the Fraves

MOtorboat
07-27-2014, 12:59 PM
Sandy Koufax, 1963-1966 (four seasons):

Sandy Koufax Pitching Stats for Years 1963 to 1966
Year. Tm W L W-L% ERA G GS GF CG SHO SV IP H R ER HR BB IBB SO
1963-1966 LAD 97 27 .782 1.86 153 150 3 89 31 3 1192.2 825 281 246 76 259 20 1228

3 Cy Young awards

MOtorboat
07-27-2014, 01:06 PM
Greg Maddux, 1992-1995

Greg Maddux Pitching Stats for Years 1992 to 1995
1992-1995 CHC,ATL 75 29 .721 1.98 124 124 0 37 11 0 946.2 726 236 208 33 176 20 733

4 Cy Young awards

ShaneFalco
07-27-2014, 09:08 PM
Really dislike baseball these days. The Farm system sucks.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/troy-tulowitzki-takes-in-yankees-game-in-new-york-193550880.html

MOtorboat
07-27-2014, 09:11 PM
Really dislike baseball these days. The Farm system sucks.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/troy-tulowitzki-takes-in-yankees-game-in-new-york-193550880.html

No one here to blame but Montfort.

ShaneFalco
07-27-2014, 09:27 PM
Baseball needs a salary cap. or at least a new type of cap specifically designed for baseball.

Slick
07-27-2014, 09:32 PM
Sandy Koufax, 1963-1966 (four seasons):

Sandy Koufax Pitching Stats for Years 1963 to 1966
1963-1966 LAD 97 27 .782 1.86 153 150 3 89 31 3 1192.2 825 281 246 76 259 20 1228

3 Cy Young awards

Greg Maddux, 1992-1995

Greg Maddux Pitching Stats for Years 1992 to 1995
1992-1995 CHC,ATL 75 29 .721 1.98 124 124 0 37 11 0 946.2 726 236 208 33 176 20 733

4 Cy Young awards

Koufax had 89 complete games over that 4 year stretch? Whoa.

MOtorboat
07-27-2014, 09:35 PM
Koufax had 89 complete games over that 4 year stretch? Whoa.

As far as I'm concerned, he's the greatest pitcher who ever lived.

He had two pitches: Fastball and curveball. And the deliveries were different. He tipped his damn pitches and put up those numbers.

CoachChaz
07-28-2014, 08:03 AM
He also pitched in a 4-man rotation which probably had him throwing more pitches and innings in a month than some guys do in a season anymore. Dude was a stud

MOtorboat
07-29-2014, 11:22 PM
Baseball Prospectus has a 90-win projection for the Dodgers. How is this team not going to win 100? With that monster lineup and that pitching they could have the best record in the NL and be a disappointment.

MOtorboat
07-29-2014, 11:47 PM
Joe Posnanski on Vin Scully:

http://joeposnanski.com/joeblogs/reprint-the-heart-of-los-angeles/

WTE
07-30-2014, 06:46 AM
My Red Sox are about to get blowed up.

CoachChaz
07-30-2014, 07:46 AM
My Red Sox are about to get blowed up.

I dont think so. If you take the trade rumors you hear and think half of them are going to happen...you would be 4 times as wrong. Lester and Miller are the only two I could really see getting moved...maybe Carp, but Lester might not bring back a big return since he's a rental. Plus...the teams most interested appear to be IN the division, so they certainly arent going to give up top prospects to a rival for a 2 month rental. Add that the Rays say Price is still available for trade and Hamels is out there as well...and you already have 2 ace lefties that have team control beyond this year. If Lester goes before them, it will be for a lesser return.

MOtorboat
07-30-2014, 11:08 AM
I dont think so. If you take the trade rumors you hear and think half of them are going to happen...you would be 4 times as wrong. Lester and Miller are the only two I could really see getting moved...maybe Carp, but Lester might not bring back a big return since he's a rental. Plus...the teams most interested appear to be IN the division, so they certainly arent going to give up top prospects to a rival for a 2 month rental. Add that the Rays say Price is still available for trade and Hamels is out there as well...and you already have 2 ace lefties that have team control beyond this year. If Lester goes before them, it will be for a lesser return.

Dodgers, Cardinals and Pirates. Pulled from his start today. Lester is going somewhere.

CoachChaz
07-30-2014, 11:13 AM
Dodgers, Cardinals and Pirates. Pulled from his start today. Lester is going somewhere.

It would appear that way. But the price for a 2-month rental that is probably gone after the year will be insane. My money would be on the Dodgers as they would be the most likely to afford an extension and could afford to give up prospects

MOtorboat
07-30-2014, 11:14 AM
It would appear that way. But the price for a 2-month rental that is probably gone after the year will be insane. My money would be on the Dodgers as they would be the most likely to afford an extension and could afford to give up prospects

The favorite is probably the Dodgers, followed by the Cardinals. I think he signs an extension pretty quickly, actually.

CoachChaz
07-30-2014, 11:18 AM
The favorite is probably the Dodgers, followed by the Cardinals. I think he signs an extension pretty quickly, actually.

Yeah...I dont buy all the "I'd be open to coming back in free agency BS". Which is fine by me. He's been an Oriole killer.

But I kind of expect him to test the market

MOtorboat
07-30-2014, 02:24 PM
First domino? Masterson to St. Louis.

WTE
07-30-2014, 02:46 PM

First domino for Boston. Lazy, malcontent Felix Droubront to Cubs for very little. Selection of prospects after Rule V.

CoachChaz
07-30-2014, 02:59 PM

Considering STL was interested in the big names and walked away with Masterson...I think we get an idea that Price and Hamels probably arent going anywhere. At least not without a big haul in return. STL was one of few teams that could offer multiple ML ready prospects.

CoachChaz
07-30-2014, 03:19 PM
First domino for Boston. Lazy, malcontent Felix Droubront to Cubs for very little. Selection of prospects after Rule V.

Hearing strong rumors that Lester to Baltimore is almost a done deal. Scares me what we'll give up. As long as it's not Harvey or Gausman...I'm cool

WTE
07-30-2014, 03:31 PM
Hearing strong rumors that Lester to Baltimore is almost a done deal. Scares me what we'll give up. As long as it's not Harvey or Gausman...I'm cool

I'm sure Duquette is all over this but I don't see Angelos allowing it.

Red Sox apparently asking for a ton. A Major Leaguer and a top prospect.

CoachChaz
07-30-2014, 03:46 PM
I'm sure Duquette is all over this but I don't see Angelos allowing it.

Red Sox apparently asking for a ton. A Major Leaguer and a top prospect.

Angelos would be fine for the rest of the season, but I dont see an extension coming at all. It was shocking enough he allowed them to give Ubaldo 12 mil...I dont see him okaying 20+ for Lester.

That being said...I'd rather keep the prospect.

CoachChaz
07-31-2014, 09:20 AM
Oakland just flat out going for it

Buff
07-31-2014, 09:44 AM
Kind of surprised Oakland would be willing to deal Cespedes, but I guess they felt like they could more easily fill the hole in the OF than at SP.

MOtorboat
07-31-2014, 11:19 AM
Kind of surprised Oakland would be willing to deal Cespedes, but I guess they felt like they could more easily fill the hole in the OF than at SP.

I just got up...that came out of nowhere.

Buff
07-31-2014, 11:23 AM
I just got up...that came out of nowhere.

I guess they didn't think they could sign him after 2015. Still, seems surprising.

MOtorboat
07-31-2014, 11:27 AM
I guess they didn't think they could sign him after 2015. Still, seems surprising.

The A's are just all-in this year, and apparently Billy and his metrics think Lester will save more runs than Cespedes will produce. They also got Jonny Gomes back too, so that will offset some of the offensive power lost. Gomes is a great fit. He kind of thrives off of scrappy teams like the A's. Plus, Gomes is from north of the Bay.

CoachChaz
07-31-2014, 11:31 AM
That rotation will have to be nasty because the offense isn't going to be there. Score 3-4 runs on them and you have a good chance to win.

WTE
07-31-2014, 12:26 PM
I love the Cespedas trade. Now Lackey has been traded for Allen Craig. I like that alot too. I think RS outfielders have a combined 6 HR's this year or somewhere around that.

Andrew Miller is next up. Hoping we trade him to Detroit and get SS Iglesis back.

Buff
07-31-2014, 12:27 PM
Can Allen Craig still hit? What's going on with him this year?

WTE
07-31-2014, 12:30 PM

Off yr. I think he will like the Wall.

MOtorboat
07-31-2014, 12:31 PM

Boston's short porch might allow him to get his average back up.

The only real piece Boston wants in any of this is Cespedes and expiring contracts.

CoachChaz
07-31-2014, 12:38 PM
As an Oriole fan...i love the deals the Sox are making today.

WTE
07-31-2014, 12:43 PM
Not hearing any Steven Drew rumors. I hope he goes too. No point keeping him if we can get something back.

Buff
07-31-2014, 12:45 PM
Not hearing any Steven Drew rumors. I hope he goes too. No point keeping him if we can get something back.

I don't think anybody would take him at this point, and if they did you'd get 10 cents on the dollar.

WTE
07-31-2014, 12:49 PM
I don't think anybody would take him at this point, and if they did you'd get 10 cents on the dollar.

Sox would have to eat a lot of that money.

Allen Craig not happy leaving St. L for a cellar dwelllar. Refused to speak with media after giving Wainright a hug.

MOtorboat
07-31-2014, 01:20 PM
Would love to see the thoughts of an honest Boston fan right now.

MOtorboat
07-31-2014, 01:35 PM
@HeidiWatney: Lester starting for his new team on Cespedes tshirt giveaway night! RT“@susanslusser: looks as if Lester will start for #Athletics on Sat.”

CoachChaz
07-31-2014, 01:39 PM
Would love to see the thoughts of an honest Boston fan right now.

Preferably one that has baseball knowledge

MOtorboat
07-31-2014, 01:42 PM
Haven't watched any ESPN today, but MLBN is reporting that David Price will be traded.

MOtorboat
07-31-2014, 01:45 PM
Now Baseball Tonight on MLB has that screaming dude. Hot damn is he annoying.

Buff
07-31-2014, 01:45 PM
Haven't watched any ESPN today, but MLBN is reporting that David Price will be traded.

Gotta be the Dodgers then.

Price/Kershaw/Greinke isn't really fair.

MOtorboat
07-31-2014, 01:59 PM

Your rotation is pretty decent when Beckett is your No. 5.

CoachChaz
07-31-2014, 02:30 PM

And Ryu isn't exactly a slouch either

WTE
07-31-2014, 02:30 PM
We didn't get crap for Andrew Miller.

CoachChaz
07-31-2014, 02:49 PM
We didn't get crap for Andrew Miller.

EdRod is a pretty decent prospect. Solid lefty, probably projects as a #3.

But what did you expect for a relief pitcher that is free agent in 2 months?

CoachChaz
07-31-2014, 03:12 PM
A's and Tigers rotations are just dumb. But I'm reminded of how this type of stuff worked in Philly

chazoe60
07-31-2014, 04:02 PM
I still think the Dodgers win it all. I don't want them to, but I think they will. I'd rather them win it than the Giants. At least Grenkie (sp?) and Kershaw are good guys, I don't think I like a single person on the Giants roster.

WTE
07-31-2014, 04:17 PM
EdRod is a pretty decent prospect. Solid lefty, probably projects as a #3.

But what did you expect for a relief pitcher that is free agent in 2 months?

Been hearing for weeks there's a ton of interest for Miller and Sox should get a decent return. I guess Rodriguez is only 21 so maybe I shouldn't be too concerned about his AA ERA.

MOtorboat
07-31-2014, 05:05 PM
Been hearing for weeks there's a ton of interest for Miller and Sox should get a decent return. I guess Rodriguez is only 21 so maybe I shouldn't be too concerned about his AA ERA.

Eastern League isn't exactly like pitching in the Carolina league where he was in 2013. Harder to pitch in that league. His K/BB is decent K/IP is a little down this year from the previous two though.

CoachChaz
08-01-2014, 10:08 AM

Eastern League isn't exactly like pitching in the Carolina league where he was in 2013. Harder to pitch in that league. His K/BB is decent K/IP is a little down this year from the previous two though.

He also doesn't have a lot of defensive support either. That being said, a lefty that doesn't have electric stuff may not be best suited for Fenway, but worst case scenario...he'll be easy to flip in another deal.

And you might just get Miller back in the off season anyway.

MOtorboat
08-11-2014, 06:34 PM
So, ESPN cameras caught Andrelton Simmons, on the DL with a bad ankle, wall jumping during BP trying to make catches, and also caught Jason Hayward, and the Upton brothers pissed off at him and yelling at coaches and him.

That's hilarious.

chazoe60
09-13-2014, 06:46 PM
I love watching Yadier Molina play catcher, it's as close to perfect as there is in all of sports.

chazoe60
09-13-2014, 06:55 PM
I'm hoping for an Angels/Cardinals WS. I could just sit back and root for great baseball games.

I love Holliday and Molina so cool if the Cards win it and I have a gigantic man crush on Mike trout plus my buddy AlWilson4Mayor is a big Angels fan so it'd be cool if they won it.

I would especially hate seeing the Giants or Dodgers in there. Pirates would be another team that would be cool to see in the WS.

Buff
09-17-2014, 11:58 AM
I'm hoping for an Angels/Cardinals WS. I could just sit back and root for great baseball games.

I love Holliday and Molina so cool if the Cards win it and I have a gigantic man crush on Mike trout plus my buddy AlWilson4Mayor is a big Angels fan so it'd be cool if they won it.

I would especially hate seeing the Giants or Dodgers in there. Pirates would be another team that would be cool to see in the WS.

For some reason I also hate the Cardinals. Not as much as I hate the Giants or Dodgers, but I have no love for that team. So I'm basically hoping for an AL WS victory. I will probably root for KC/Oak or Baltimore.

Thnikkaman
09-17-2014, 01:50 PM
I'll be rooting for the Nats in the NL (least of all evils), and the Royals in the AL. I hope the Royals win it all, it will be the closest Mo will ever get to true happiness.

MOtorboat
09-17-2014, 02:00 PM
Have to make it to the dance, first.