PDA

View Full Version : I Do Not Understand

Bronco Bible
02-03-2014, 04:56 PM
Why the short k/o to Harvin , the Broncos know Holliday can run up fast enough to catch the ball,I realize it really would have made no diff.but I say if Harvin is going to run one back make him run 109yards rather than 70-80. jmo:confused:

Northman
02-03-2014, 05:47 PM
We tried to outsmart ourselves.

Nomad
02-03-2014, 05:51 PM
Perhaps they thought the gunners could get there quick enough to cause a turnover.

BroncoNut
02-03-2014, 05:53 PM
maybe. it was a stupid play all around.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-03-2014, 05:58 PM
Why the short k/o to Harvin , the Broncos know Holliday can run up fast enough to catch the ball,I realize it really would have made no diff.but I say if Harvin is going to run one back make him run 109yards rather than 70-80. jmo:confused:

This is also one of the things the local sports people in Denver are questioning

G_Money
02-03-2014, 06:06 PM
Their kicker was bouncing it off the crossbar. Matt Prater has a really good leg. The fact that we didn't trust him to pound the ball and wanted to play it cute was annoying. We were hoping for something bad to happen for them, and instead something bad happened for us.

Just another example of us hoping for things against a team that was actually executing things.

~G

CrazyHorse
02-03-2014, 07:59 PM
We would have been better off going for a surprise onside kick.

BroncoWave
02-03-2014, 09:37 PM
We would have been better off going for a surprise onside kick.

I don't think an onside kick would have shocked anyone as we were down 22-0 and usually prefer to start with the ball in the second half. I actually said at halftime how predictable it would be if we tried an onside kick.

aberdien
02-03-2014, 09:54 PM
I blame Murphy's Law.

CrazyHorse
02-03-2014, 09:56 PM
I don't think an onside kick would have shocked anyone as we were down 22-0 and usually prefer to start with the ball in the second half. I actually said at halftime how predictable it would be if we tried an onside kick.

Fox is pretty conservative however. An onside kick likely wouldn't have been returned for a TD either. I think we could have held them to another FG even if we don't recover.

TimHippo
02-03-2014, 10:11 PM

NFL Network said it was because the wind was against the Broncos. Prater didn't have the leg for a touchback with the wind.

tomjonesrocks
02-03-2014, 10:19 PM
We were hoping for something bad to happen for them, and instead something bad happened for us. Just another example of us hoping for things against a team that was actually executing things. ~G

I guess since the defense didn't get a single takeaway all playoffs they were scheming about how to create them. Maybe Harvin will be rusty and bobble the ball! Uh huh.

BroncoJoe
02-04-2014, 10:45 AM
I didn't have a problem with the pooch kick. I had a real problem with the coverage though. WAY too many guys forgot where their lane was and nearly everyone was to the left of the kicker. The weak arm tackle attempt was pretty shitty too.

CoachChaz
02-04-2014, 11:18 AM
The bounce didnt help either. Damn thing hit the ground and went straight up in the air. Typically, you'd hope it takes an odd bounce...but when things are going your way...

Timmy!
02-04-2014, 12:08 PM
I blame Murphy's Law.

Pretty much. From the very first snap, pretty much everything that could possibly go wrong, did. Then we panicked and made it worse.

LawDog
02-04-2014, 02:38 PM
The bounce didnt help either. Damn thing hit the ground and went straight up in the air. Typically, you'd hope it takes an odd bounce...but when things are going your way...

Up in the air and to Harvin's right, away from the gunners flying down the sideline to his left. That's where it started to go wrong, after Percy started going downhill it was just poor tackling be he already had the advantage.

Almost any other bounce and we have them pinned inside the 15 or more likely the 10 yard line and it looks like a genius play. Unfortunately, the football gods were cruel and it doomed the team for good.