PDA

View Full Version : 2014 opponents

silkamilkamonico
02-03-2014, 01:19 PM
I'm not sure which announcer it was but someone pointed out how physical the NFCWest is, and when those teams play each other they beat each other up throughout the season. Well when we faced their best our offense looked completely perplexed and didn't know what to do. They completely shut down what we do best. Denver didn't face any defense like that whatsoever this year and looked completely unprepared for it.

Well next year Denver gets the NFCWest. I think it's a great thing. We'll get 4 looks at what that division has to offer and how they play. I don't see any reason why a SuperBowl isn't going to go through Seattle or San Francisco with the way those 2 teams play, how they are built and the fact that neither team should really lose much of anything this offseason. Denver might have a worse record then the last couple year, but considering we play that division I think 10-11 wins win the AFCWest.

Despite how terrible last night was, I don't think Denver needs to go through a complete rebuild to stay atop the AFC. The issue lies with how physical Seattle and some of the those NFC (West) teams are. We'll get 4 looks at those teams in that division, and maybe we can pull some stuff out from those games to help Denver better prepare if they can get back to the SuperBowl.

Any thoughts on regular season schedule carrying over to the postseason and SuperBowl for those teams that do face considerably tougher schedules. With the benefit of hindsight I thought Denver faced a relatively soft schedule this year (and last), and considering how unprepared we looked for Seattle, I am wondering how much weight that carries. Seattle had a considerably tougher schedule this year then Denver, and I bet if you asked any of their players they would probably say something along the lines of Denver wasn't anything close to the toughest team they played this year.

AngMunoz1987
02-03-2014, 02:59 PM
Next yr we'll be battle tested playing some good defensive teams in the NFC WEST & Cinny as well as facing old nemesis in NE & Indy . My prediction is 11-5. Not as good on offense but a much better all around football team. More of the team we saw against SD & NE. Ball control offense to protect the Defense.

DenBronx
02-03-2014, 03:01 PM
I'm glad we have to play them. Prove you can beat good defenses then we will talk.

Looking forward to it.

silkamilkamonico
02-03-2014, 03:03 PM
I am too. Even if we lose, or even don't fair well against the division, we will either 1) be able to take more from those games in case there is a SuperBowl matchup 2) find exactly where we need to go as an organization to get something similiar to what they have.

Lancane
02-03-2014, 03:04 PM
Well, at least if we make it to one stage or another it will be through sheer football prowess and no soft schedule crap or the like. If we end up an 8-8 team, then that is what we are. However, if we go in with the team as it is then we could be looking and drafting earlier then expected the following draft.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-03-2014, 06:58 PM
This morning, my sister heard that the early odds on SuperBowl teams next season are - Seattle, San Francisco, Broncos

igoe4broncos
02-03-2014, 07:23 PM
Any chance they do Denver at Seattle as the NFL's opening game of the 2014 season? They like to have the Super Bowl champion kick things off, but not sure the world would want to see another beatdown.

Tned
02-03-2014, 07:25 PM
Any chance they do Denver at Seattle as the NFL's opening game of the 2014 season? They like to have the Super Bowl champion kick things off, but not sure the world would want to see another beatdown.

Some are predicting that, but my guess is they don't have them play opening night. Maybe a prime time game later in the year.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

BroncoWave
02-03-2014, 07:27 PM
I highly doubt they put Den-Seattle as the opener. It would be cruel to send the Broncos to Seattle to watch them accept their rings on opening day. I don't think the NFL would do that.