PDA

View Full Version : Even in defeat, Manning shows all class by approaching Sherman about ankle injury

Northman
02-03-2014, 01:17 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/pure-class-sherman-said-manning-asked-him-injured-160212854--nfl.html

What's Peyton Manning (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/4256)'s legacy? At worst, he's one of the classiest players of this or any other NFL generation.

Seattle Seahawks (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/sea) cornerback Richard Sherman (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/24941) was part of a defense that absolutely dismantled Manning and the Denver Broncos (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/den) in Super Bowl XLVIII, and yet Sherman said on ESPN's "Mike & Mike" show (via Pro Football Talk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/03/richard-sherman-peyton-is-the-classiest-player-ive-ever-met/)) on Monday morning that Manning sought out Sherman after the game to ask about his injured ankle.

“He was really concerned about my well-being,” Sherman said. “After a game like that, a guy who’s still classy enough to say ‘How are you doing?’ To show that kind of concern for an opponent shows a lot of humility and class.”

Sherman suffered the high-ankle sprain during the game and tried to play through the pain but eventually had to be carted off. He rejoined his teammates in celebration on the sidelines wearing a walking boot.

After the game, Sherman took to Twitter to defend Manning's honor.

GEM
02-03-2014, 01:31 PM
Especially after Sherman's shit comment about Manning throwing ducks. Sherman, you could learn a few lessons.

Northman
02-03-2014, 01:34 PM
Especially after Sherman's shit comment about Manning throwing ducks. Sherman, you could learn a few lessons.

If you read the article (dont know if you did) he actually said a lot of good things about Manning and even defended him on twitter to trolling Hawk fans. Sherman may be a dick but he showed some class and respect there even if he didnt have too.

GEM
02-03-2014, 01:36 PM
If you read the article (dont know if you did) he actually said a lot of good things about Manning and even defended him on twitter to trolling Hawk fans. Sherman may be a dick but he showed some class and respect there even if he didnt have too.

Yea AFTER. It was easy to after. He showed no class BEFORE. Don't show class out of some feeling of obligation, have it all the time, then it will appear a whole lot more sincere.

UnderArmour
02-03-2014, 01:45 PM
Yea AFTER. It was easy to after. He showed no class BEFORE. Don't show class out of some feeling of obligation, have it all the time, then it will appear a whole lot more sincere.

Sherman only has beef with people who smack talk him (See: Tom Brady). He's not the classless thug that parts of the media wants to paint him as. He also called out Seahawks fans who were throwing garbage at Bowman as he was being carted off.

Northman
02-03-2014, 01:46 PM

Well, it doesnt make Sherman man of the year but i do want to give him some credit. Kind of hard to come down too hard on Sherman for his pre-game talk as he and the Hawks backed it all up. You would of thought that we would of brought at least a little attitude to the game last night to counter them.

Lancane
02-03-2014, 02:20 PM
Sherman is a good guy and gets a lot of grief, truth is that had he been one of our corners we would have defended his rant as well. As for Manning, he is the classiest of them all and the most humble. I for one don't believe the loss tarnishes his legacy because that stems from everything he is on and off the field. He will always be one of the greatest, but I agree with Archie Manning, John Elway is the GOAT.

GEM
02-03-2014, 02:39 PM
Sherman only has beef with people who smack talk him (See: Tom Brady). He's not the classless thug that parts of the media wants to paint him as. He also called out Seahawks fans who were throwing garbage at Bowman as he was being carted off.

So Peyton smack talked him? Before the game? I'd love to see that quote. :laugh:

Edmonton Bronco Fan (2)
02-03-2014, 02:46 PM
Peyton Manning is one of the most likable athletes I have ever seen. Across any sport, across any generation, you'd be hard pressed to find a person that displays more humility, is more humble and is as genuine as an athlete and as a human being than Peyton Manning. He exemplifies class.

UnderArmour
02-03-2014, 02:55 PM
So Peyton smack talked him? Before the game? I'd love to see that quote. :laugh:

Never said or implied he did. If you consider the "ducks" comment to be Sherman talking smack, what is he supposed to say when he is asked a question? He was asked a question about Peyton and he commented according to what he'd seen in film. The ducks remark wasn't really smack talk. Sherman did not taunt Peyton at any point during the game and didn't say anything to bash Manning's career leading up.

DenBronx
02-03-2014, 02:59 PM
I have nothing bad to say about Sherman. He gave a ton of respect to Manning. Denver needs a couple of those guys on defense and that's that.

GEM
02-03-2014, 03:53 PM
Sherman only has beef with those who smack talk him....

Manning never smack talked him to bring on the ducks comment.

aberdien
02-03-2014, 03:58 PM
Peyton throws ducks. That's not smack talk, it's facts. He was constantly talking about how much respect he has for Manning the past two weeks when asked about the duck comment.

weazel
02-03-2014, 04:04 PM
great! so when is the Miss Congeniality trophy awarded?

MOtorboat
02-03-2014, 04:06 PM
Manning is all class.

I was wrong about Sherman.

DenBronx
02-03-2014, 04:25 PM
Manning does throw ducks though. He also throws alot of duck touchdowns. The OL really let him down. Several balls were tipped at the line and we all know about the snap over his head for a safety.