PDA

View Full Version : First Snap Tells the Tale

Denver Native (Carol)
02-03-2014, 01:14 PM
from article:

Seattle's fans roared at the opening snap, and Peyton Manning stepped forward while the football whipped over and past him, not stopping until it hit the end zone.

"It was real loud," said Ramirez. "None of us heard the snap count. I thought I did, and then I snapped it. I guess Peyton was trying to walk up to me at the time; I'm not 100 percent sure."

Added Manning: "(The snap) was a cadence issue. We were using the snap count on the play and due to the noise, no one could hear me. So really, I was walking up to the line of scrimmage to sort of make a change and get us on the same page. And then the ball was snapped."

And by the time Knowshon Moreno fell on the football, the Broncos and their fans were stunned, and just 12 seconds into the game, behind for good.

"Really, just an overall (mistake)," Manning said. "Nobody’s fault, not Manny’s fault. Just a noise issue that really caused that play to happen."

full article - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/First-Snap-Tells-the-Tale/8ce5352b-106b-4397-8a54-4e79ea4e1a51