PDA

View Full Version : My post-Super Bowl observations

7DnBrnc53
02-03-2014, 10:26 AM
1. Peyton Manning didn't have that great of a game. His O-line had problems at times, but at other times, Peyton just didn't look for or see open WR's.

2. I don't think that Decker, Beadles, or Moreno should be back. The Broncos will see Eric as a #2 WR, and if he gets one WR money, they will let him go.

Beadles was dead to me after he tried to trip that one player in the second quarter. That opened the door for the Malcolm Smith INT-TD.

As for Moreno, Ball can fill his shoes. The Broncos need to get a speed HB to compliment ball, and have C.J. Anderson be third string.

3. Back to Manning now. The first two years of his era have been good. Two 13-3 seasons, two #1 seeds, a SB appearance, and Peyton's record-breaking season. However, I am ready to put them behind me. Last year was our year, and it didn't happen against Baltimore. This year, we got to the big game, but it was Seattle's year, not ours. I never completely felt right about this team this season.

Next year, though, it can be our year again. It can be the best team of the Manning era.

4. Back to Seattle. They deserved to win, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't get back to the SB next year, and we do. Even though they were the better team last night, the game felt to me like a bit of a mirage. Seattle isn't that good, and we aren't that bad.

5. On to Pete Carroll. 19 years ago, when Pete was the coach of the Jets, he told Boomer Esiason that he was going to make some changes, and that Esiason was going to love them.

Then, Leon Hess went full retard. He fired Carroll after the Jets collapsed at the end of the year, and hired Rich Kotite (a man who the Eagles quit on at the end of the 94 season) because he wanted results now (Oh, he got results alright).

The Jets ended up 3-13 and 1-15.

Now, Parcells did lead them to the 98 AFC Title Game, but after that, he left, they were jilted at the altar by Belichick, and they have been one of NE's AFC East B****es since 2001.

And now, the guy that they fired prematurely has just won a Super Bowl, and the guy who abandoned them has won three and led his teams to five.

In the immortal words of Bill "Pop Culture Expert" Simmons: Jet Fans, you can now light yourselves on fire.

Northman
02-03-2014, 10:50 AM
Yea, i will agree i thought Carroll was fired way too soon. I always thought that was a big mistake back then.

7DnBrnc53
02-03-2014, 12:05 PM
Yea, i will agree i thought Carroll was fired way too soon. I always thought that was a big mistake back then.

He also was the coach in NE in between Parcells and Belichick, and that seemed to not show him in a positive light. That's why it was a shock for so many when he brought USC back to prominence.

Mike
02-03-2014, 12:12 PM
2. Beadles was dead to me after he tried to trip that one player in the second quarter. That opened the door for the Malcolm Smith INT-TD.

Beadles doesn't do that and the player crushes Manning with a full head of steam. I wasn't upset with that play at all.

weazel
02-03-2014, 12:15 PM
He also was the coach in NE in between Parcells and Belichick, and that seemed to not show him in a positive light. That's why it was a shock for so many when he brought USC back to prominence.

he brought USC back to prominence by cheating the system. The college gets punishment while he walks away laughing and getting paid.

AngMunoz1987
02-03-2014, 12:17 PM
We totally got out played in every aspect of the game last night. The worst part was how horrific the O line played. Next yr we'll be battle tested playing some good defensive teams in the NFC WEST & CAN as well as facing old nemesis in NE & Indy . My prediction is 11-5. Not as good on offense but a much better all around football team.
How do we fix it...
- Free up cap space. Bye Champ it's been a pleasure . See how much Manning wants to win n ask to lower his cap # to around 14 mil
- Move Franklin to LG n Clark to RT. let beadles go
- Resign Decker n DRC. Moreno if it's cheap
- Find a MLB and Some a Play making Safety. J Byrd or TJ Ward. Malcolm Jenkins from NO.
- Get tougher and find a fiery Leader.
- Most of all stay Healthy. I expect Von n C. harris to be limited all season I'd put them both on pup list to start the season.
This is easier said than done but we still the best QB in the league & AFC is weak. We have enough to get back to Super Bowl but to Win it weed need lots of help.

GEM
02-03-2014, 12:20 PM
he brought USC back to prominence by cheating the system. The college gets punishment while he walks away laughing and getting paid.

This is why I just will never like Carroll. What he did was cowardly and ridiculous, running from the problem he created.

7DnBrnc53
02-03-2014, 12:33 PM
This is why I just will never like Carroll. What he did was cowardly and ridiculous, running from the problem he created.

Yes, but he wasn't the first, and he won't be the last.

Northman
02-03-2014, 12:34 PM
Yes, but he wasn't the first, and he won't be the last.

Indeed. He is not the only one to do that but none of that had anything to do with the beatdown we took last night.

GEM
02-03-2014, 12:49 PM
Indeed. He is not the only one to do that but none of that had anything to do with the beatdown we took last night.

Not at all. Just a reason I will never respect him.

7DnBrnc53
02-04-2014, 08:55 AM
Beadles doesn't do that and the player crushes Manning with a full head of steam. I wasn't upset with that play at all.

Manning was rolling out to the other side. Nobody was going to crush him.