PDA

View Full Version : So this is what it feels like?

reimx007
02-03-2014, 08:36 AM
I was born in 1991, so when the Broncos won their first super bowl I wasnjust old enought to be able to fall in love with a team. But I was always so confused by how the Broncos had laid an egg in their 4 previous Super Bowl appearances. I couldnt understand how a team could get all the way their and then just get manhandled in all three phases of the game, and what I must have felt like. Well, now I know. If their preseason game against the 'hwaks was "unacceptable" for John Elway, I dont even want to know what he thought about last night. I was impressed by the run defense. The boys up front came to play. But the rest of the team was a major let-down, including the coaches. To my untrained eye, I didnt see anything on offense that was creative or really new. They never established a run game, which peyton always says is important. And the sad part is, this year is when the "window" was widest. Manning cant have more than 1 more good year in him. Theres a good chance that we lose a lot of free agents, or if we keep them all we wont be able to strength en our defense which we desperately need. I'm very disappointed. There is always next year, and the year after, and ill be cheering my whole life, but im very, very disappointed

VonDoom
02-03-2014, 10:26 AM
Yep, this is pretty much what it was like in the mid-late 80's. In many ways, this was worse, though. Before the "free agency era", teams were built to be dynasties and some teams were just always better than other teams (see: the 89 49ers). In this current age, Super Bowls are supposed to be close games between the two best teams, so to put out that disaster last night is hard to swallow.

BroncoNut
02-03-2014, 10:29 AM
yep son. life is has a lot of ups and downs. consider this a down

Shazam!
02-03-2014, 10:39 AM
This is FAR WORSE.

Those Broncos teams of the 80s were just over matched talent wise, and they lost to legendary teams.

This was just a matter of the team not even showing up, no desire or hunger or intensity. They looked like they didn't wanna play, while Seattle was clearly hungrier.

Peyton was out there and woulda been killed had he hung on to the ball longer. OLine was awful.

Poor coaching, poor game plan, poor adjustments. This is ALL on John Fox, I'm sorry.

Northman
02-03-2014, 10:45 AM
Im not even really mad, i suppose my experience with the late 80's teams kind of prepares you for this. Im surprised we were only able to put up 8 points but watching how we did everything that we could ill afford to do last night just tells me we didnt have what it took to be champions. Sure, talent is there but we had seen it all year where the team just didnt have the same kind of focus or desire that the late 90's teams had. It was clearly evident to me that this game could of gone either way. Either we show up and play the way we are capable or we show up and shit the bed which is what we decided to do. Im happy we got there but damn if we didnt let an opportunity pass us by.

OrangeHoof
02-03-2014, 10:55 AM
I'd rather be 2-5 as a franchise than 0-4 like the Vikings or Bills. Last night was a let down from the opening two plays and they never recovered. I think that's the part that surprised me was that there was no comeback from this prolific offense.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-03-2014, 11:09 AM
I posted this in the gameday thread, but will post it here. I would have loved to see how we played last night with all of our injured players playing - Clady, Von, Rahim, Derek, Big Vic, Chris Harris. IMO, it was remarkable to even get to the SB losing 6 starters. After the game, I considered all other AFC teams, and could not think of one of them who would have won that game last night.

Northman
02-03-2014, 11:13 AM
We still wouldnt have won unfortunately. While having some injured guys out does hurt it was never the crutch of this team. This team only goes as the offense goes and we could of been fine had the offense actually done more than score 8 points. You just cant win like that when your team is built to be a an offensive juggernaut as ours is.

VonDoom
02-03-2014, 11:13 AM
I posted this in the gameday thread, but will post it here. I would have loved to see how we played last night with all of our injured players playing - Clady, Von, Rahim, Derek, Big Vic, Chris Harris. IMO, it was remarkable to even get to the SB losing 6 starters. After the game, I considered all other AFC teams, and could not think of one of them who would have won that game last night.

The defense didn't play that badly, at least in the first half when the game was still in doubt. We got this far missing most of those guys on D, so I can't use that as an excuse. I totally agree, though - no AFC team was beating that Seattle team yesterday.

silkamilkamonico
02-03-2014, 11:24 AM

Ironically, all those except 1, plays defense, and imo defense. Did everything they could to keep denver in the game. It was the prolific offense that let them down.

MasterShake
02-03-2014, 11:27 AM

There was a couple of scramble plays that Wilson made that Von Miller would have collapsed easily. Seattle had the luck of health most of the season, even playing the way they did.

BigDaddyBronco
02-03-2014, 11:57 AM
Ironically, all those except 1, plays defense, and imo defense. Did everything they could to keep denver in the game. It was the prolific offense that let them down.

Game would have been different if it was purely a defensive struggle. Good enough defense and it changes what you try to do on offense.

701Bronco
02-03-2014, 12:03 PM
Dem feels. Sorry about my posts last night. I was drunk and very frustrated. It leaves me as a fan feeling completely deflated. Just not sure I can ever care about this team as much as I did this season. After this I'm ready for a new start, starting at the QB position. We tried to buy a Superbowl from an old man and got slapped in the face in the end. No way in hell we get a Lombardi with Peyton, that's the sad truth.

MasterShake
02-03-2014, 12:09 PM
Dumbass Charger fan at work tried to give me some shit this morning. My response to him was basically well who the HELL was I going to root for? If YOUR team makes it to the Super Bowl you are suddenly going to start having second thoughts and change allegiances? Even the most ardent Seahawks fans and analysts had no idea that game would have been so absurd. I'm not going to be embarrassed or sad because I had hope of winning a Lombardi this year which is more than 30 other teams and their fans could say.

BigDaddyBronco
02-03-2014, 12:14 PM
Dumbass Charger fan at work tried to give me some shit this morning. My response to him was basically well who the HELL was I going to root for? If YOUR team makes it to the Super Bowl you are suddenly going to start having second thoughts and change allegiances? Even the most ardent Seahawks fans and analysts had no idea that game would have been so absurd. I'm not going to be embarrassed or sad because I had hope of winning a Lombardi this year which is more than 30 other teams and their fans could say.

Absolutely. Think of the Browns fan or Jacksonville fan. There is one winner and 31 losers. Getting blown out in the SB sucks ass, but at least we have a chance.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-03-2014, 12:17 PM
In regards to the offense, last night after the game, Drew Soicher, one of the local sports people for ch9, was at the game, standing behind the endzone on the field, and he said before the game, he did not put much stock in Seattle's 12th man, but after the game, last night, he definitely now believes in it. He said the noise was deafening when the Broncos had the ball. Peyton said that on the snap, it was not Manny's fault, as he could not hear the count. We all know that the Broncos' offense is Peyton calling out many things, changing, etc., so obviously, major noise certainly will affect that.

BORDERLINE
02-03-2014, 12:19 PM
Man guys. Still sulking and still in disbelief. There is no bright side here just devastation. I've been a broncos fan since the 95 season. I was 9 and never went trough those horrible Super Bowl loses. The Jacksonville game was bad last years Baltimore year hurt but this is on another level. We really deserved this 16 years since our last one all the average teams we have had the 05 season. The mcdaniels era with Orton. It's just a tuff pill to swallow. And I just feel for all of us you guys deserved it. You guys are great fans. Still broncos till the death!!!

MasterShake
02-03-2014, 12:23 PM
Absolutely. Think of the Browns fan or Jacksonville fan. There is one winner and 31 losers. Getting blown out in the SB sucks ass, but at least we have a chance.

I still firmly believe the Broncos are a top 3 team in the AFC right now, but we know the gap between us and teams like Seattle and San Francisco seems to simply lie in their attitude and willpower. The Broncos may have had the top offense in the league, but they sure as hell didn't act like it. On the other hand Seattle just punched us right in the mouth. I think Denver can bridge that gap this offseason.

I contend that no one in the AFC would have won that game last night. That was all about Seattle and their swagger.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-03-2014, 12:26 PM
My sister heard this morning that the early odds for teams to make the SB next year are Seattle, San Francisco, and the Broncos

Northman
02-03-2014, 12:26 PM

Exactly.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-03-2014, 12:29 PM
Man guys. Still sulking and still in disbelief. There is no bright side here just devastation. I've been a broncos fan since the 95 season. I was 9 and never went trough those horrible Super Bowl loses. The Jacksonville game was bad last years Baltimore year hurt but this is on another level. We really deserved this 16 years since our last one all the average teams we have had the 05 season. The mcdaniels era with Orton. It's just a tuff pill to swallow. And I just feel for all of us you guys deserved it. You guys are great fans. Still broncos till the death!!!

This is the first SB win for Seattle, and last night I heard that the last time a team from Seattle won a national championship was their basketball team in the 1970s.

BigDaddyBronco
02-03-2014, 12:30 PM
I still firmly believe the Broncos are a top 3 team in the AFC right now, but we know the gap between us and teams like Seattle and San Francisco seems to simply lie in their attitude and willpower. The Broncos may have had the top offense in the league, but they sure as hell didn't act like it. On the other hand Seattle just punched us right in the mouth. I think Denver can bridge that gap this offseason.

I contend that no one in the AFC would have won that game last night. That was all about Seattle and their swagger.
That and the amount of talent loaded on their roster. Their GM and Carrol have done an outstanding job of loading that team with talent. Their pass rush and secondary are great, special teams is outstanding, and offensively they have enough to get it done. They remind me of what Baltimore and the Steelers used to do in terms of drafting and loading their teams with talent. Both them and the 49ers are going to be good for the next 3 or 4 years.

MasterShake
02-03-2014, 12:40 PM
That and the amount of talent loaded on their roster. Their GM and Carrol have done an outstanding job of loading that team with talent. Their pass rush and secondary are great, special teams is outstanding, and offensively they have enough to get it done. They remind me of what Baltimore and the Steelers used to do in terms of drafting and loading their teams with talent. Both them and the 49ers are going to be good for the next 3 or 4 years.

I'm no salary cap expert, but I wonder what will happen when they have to pay Wilson and Kapernick? Right now those guys are playing for peanuts. Will it be like Tampa and Baltimore where they forcibly take a championship with defense then fall into obscurity while they get their QB situation figured out?

Dzone
02-03-2014, 01:37 PM
Deflated is a good word to describe the feeling.