PDA

View Full Version : Will Orton be our Starting QB NEXT season?

broncofaninfla
09-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Do you think Kyle Orton will be our starting QB next season?

FanInAZ
09-13-2009, 05:16 PM
Tom Brandstater

MOtorboat
09-13-2009, 05:26 PM
One game into the season.

:tsk:

SmilinAssasSin27
09-13-2009, 05:27 PM
Ask me in 16 weeks.

Kaylore
09-13-2009, 05:29 PM

In the opener...

On the road....

against a pretty good defense with several drops...

I'll say this too. If he had a great game this question would still be incredibly silly.

I'm glad we didn't turn the ball over and moved the ball in the two minute offense.

SmilinAssasSin27
09-13-2009, 05:31 PM
The only really bad thing he did today was get sacked towards the end to take us out of FG range. Then again...perhaps the OC should called run to ensure that didn't happen.

Superchop 7
09-13-2009, 05:42 PM
Seriously, Garcia is a much better QB.

MOtorboat
09-13-2009, 05:43 PM

No. He's not.

Kaylore
09-13-2009, 05:46 PM
No. He's not.

Especially in this offense. If it we ran a WCO, then he would be better, but not much.

broncofaninfla
09-13-2009, 06:47 PM

Yes, one game into this season as well as Orton as a Bear. I am genuinely curious how many people think Orton will be the starting QB for the 2010 Denver Broncos.

TXBRONC
09-13-2009, 06:59 PM
It's to early to say right now, but I can say I wasn't real impress with how Orton played today.

Shazam!
09-13-2009, 07:00 PM

You should join Lex and Nature Boy.

Simple Jaded
09-13-2009, 07:20 PM
There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Kyle Orton will get an extension with the Denver Broncos, for better or worse, he is your Denver Broncos QB, I'd bet anything.......

Rick
09-13-2009, 07:42 PM
I am still on the fence about him.

He is a conservative game manager and i don't have a problem with that but i would like to see him a bit more agresive at times.

Today he didn't really do anything to lose the game...but at same time really didn't do anything to win it. I won't count the touchdown...that was a freak play.

If he keeps pretty much doing nothing spetacular for the offense and they stay an under 20 a game team I not only expect a new QB by next year I expect one this year.

To me, again it is not like he played bad he just didn't really do anything of note, we could have had Sims or Branstater in there to make the same throws he did and maybe they would have been a bit more agresive.

Just still on the fence.

hamrob
09-13-2009, 07:48 PM
I agree it's too early to tell. But, I just don't see alot of positives in Orton. He's a dink and dunk QB who has trouble throwing the out routes and isn't all that accurate of a thrower. Add to that, the fact that he's a statue in the pocket and there just isn't all that much to like. I mean, he tripped over the turf on one sack today. What a goof.

The positives...and he was lucky...he didn't turn the ball over and thank the lord...we won the game.

Having said all that, I'll keep rooting for him to play well, but he's going to have to play alot better than he has thus far (In the preseason and today) to get extended. You have to agree, that if he plays poor and goes the distance this season, that will equate to a very poor overall record for the Broncos. If Mcdaniels tries to carry him over to next year having played poorly this year...it could mean his job.

claymore
09-13-2009, 07:48 PM
If Orton is a decent QB, maybe our OC sucks ass. Cause he is sure making Orton look bad out there.

I thought the Ed Hocholi game was lucky.

We looked like SHIT out there.

Defense, ST's looked like old school Bronco Football. If we had a QB, we would be scary good.

Any Mediocre QB would do, Im not talkin Cutler.

silkamilkamonico
09-13-2009, 08:43 PM
I'm saving my opinions on him for about 6 games, and I better see continued progress. If there's none I don't think he finishes this season as our starter, and he shouldn't.

TXBRONC
09-13-2009, 09:19 PM
I'm saving my opinions on him for about 6 games, and I better see continued progress. If there's none I don't think he finishes this season as our starter, and he shouldn't.

I think it would take Orton completely imploding for McDaniels to yank him.

silkamilkamonico
09-13-2009, 10:38 PM
I think it would take Orton completely imploding for McDaniels to yank him.

I think McDaniels has to much pride to allow a QB to not run his offense over the course of the season. He doesn't exactly have alot of options right now. Brandstater, for as much as I want him to start, just isn't ready at this point. Simms, .....no.

scott.475
09-13-2009, 11:06 PM
It should be noted that on that last TD play Orton threw into TRIPLE coverage. There are not many receivers in the league who could pulled off what Stokely did there, that was all he savvy and experience coming through. Today's win was by no means on Orton...we lost games last year scoring over 30 points...we BARELY won today.

NameUsedBefore
09-13-2009, 11:09 PM
Hell no.

I don't think him or Simms will be on the team after next season and even that is pushing it, IMO.

sneakers
09-13-2009, 11:25 PM
Magic 8 ball says "yes"

CrazyHorse
09-13-2009, 11:40 PM

I'd take Garcia in a heartbeat but at his age he'd only be a stopgap.
Colt McCoy for the McOffense.

broncohead
09-13-2009, 11:47 PM
Orton will be the starter next season imo

Requiem / The Dagda
09-14-2009, 12:22 AM
If the rest of the NFL QB's are taken to Mars and cannot be given a contract to play football on Earth he will be our starting QB. Otherwise, **** no.

DenBronx
09-14-2009, 12:33 AM
Garcia is a backup at best....Orton is a better QB for our scheme anyway. Heck, so is Simms.

But I would hope Orton is our starter next year. That would mean we will have a good year this year. We will still try and draft a rookie QB in the 1st next year. Bradford, McCoy or Tebow....even Clausen if he decides to enter. We will look hard at rookie QB's.

BCJ
09-14-2009, 02:00 AM
hell, i want him good enough to be our starting QB this season!

Elevation inc
09-14-2009, 02:43 AM
dude sucks. you cant excuse cutlers crappy play last year when he did it and i wont do it for kyle either.....dude sucks period....and he wont be our Qb next year becasue he is a FA, and we can simply say he wanted to much money.....i actually highly belive MCD will let him walk if he plays like he has since he got here!!!!! MCD was ripping his ass all game with good reason....the drops and the so called run game being excuses???? give me a break

the same people bagging cutler are the same making excuses for kyle now....very lame....any football savy person knows orton sucks and has sucked since he got here...stop the f'in excuses already.....seriously....the dude is a crappy QB.....

terrible arm strength, accuracy, awareness, field presence etc.....i dont even want jay cutler back, i just dont want kyle as our QB

Dirk
09-14-2009, 06:19 AM
I agree that it is too early to say. And I will also give Kyle the benefit of the doubt because his finger is in stitches/splint/bandage/glove.

He is no stellar QB, but give the guy a break.

Elevation inc
09-14-2009, 06:54 AM
I agree that it is too early to say. And I will also give Kyle the benefit of the doubt because his finger is in stitches/splint/bandage/glove.

He is no stellar QB, but give the guy a break.

to early to say???? for 5 years he has sucked as a QB...a winning record doesnt mean your a great QB, just as a losing record doesnt make you a horrible QB, many factors involved.

I will give the guy a break when he shows he deserves one. why must i give someone leway when they get paid millions to do a job as the man according to the FO. yet they fail to do that!!!!!!!

dude sucks period, no one will change my mind with there version of excuses or spin or speculation, when the facts clearly show he never has been a good Qb and has shown incompetency throughout as a denver broncos starting QB

orton has neither earned or deserved leway, when he plays like crap, which has been the case his whole denver tenure, he deserves the criticism....

EastCoastBronco
09-14-2009, 06:55 AM
I'll say this. Orton didn't impress me very much yesterday...BUT...He didn't turn the ball over. That means a hell of a lot considering what I watched his whiny predecessor do in Lambeau field last night.

2009 Season Stats...for those keeping track.
Kyle Orton - 1 TD / 0 INT
Jay Cutler - 1 TD / 4 INT

Jay's right on track for repeating his last year's performance...;-)

claymore
09-14-2009, 07:02 AM
I'll say this. Orton didn't impress me very much yesterday...BUT...He didn't turn the ball over. That means a hell of a lot considering what I watched his whiny predecessor do in Lambeau field last night.

Jay Cutler - 1 TD / 3 INT

Dont mistake yesterdays performance for anything but luck on Ortons part.

EastCoastBronco
09-14-2009, 07:06 AM
I'm not. I know luck when I see it. The Stokely thing was pure luck. I'm just saying Cutler still looked the same. On that series where he threw his first pick, he was "lucky" the two previous passes weren't picked. They were right at GB players. His luck ran out after that. Maybe Orton is luckier than Cutler. That's a good thing...;-)

CoachChaz
09-14-2009, 07:08 AM
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. Proof...

A "noodle arm" got a win and the second coming of Christ threw 4 picks.

claymore
09-14-2009, 07:11 AM
I'm not. I know luck when I see it. The Stokely thing was pure luck. I'm just saying Cutler still looked the same. On that series where he threw his first pick, he was "lucky" the two previous passes weren't picked. They were right at GB players. His luck ran out after that. Maybe Orton is luckier than Cutler. That's a good thing...;-)

Im not watching Cutler games. I cant compare the 2. I can only wallow in my own stink with Orton.

The dude is bad. Orton is the worst Denver player we have ever had.

CoachChaz
09-14-2009, 07:18 AM
Im not watching Cutler games. I cant compare the 2. I can only wallow in my own stink with Orton.

The dude is bad. Orton is the worst Denver player we have ever had.

If you had watched Cutler last night, you'd be impressed with Orton's game.

Worst Bronco ever? Come on already.

claymore
09-14-2009, 07:26 AM
If you had watched Cutler last night, you'd be impressed with Orton's game.

Worst Bronco ever? Come on already.

I doubt it. Orton is by far the worst Bronco EVer. Id rather Maurice Clarett was our QB.

CoachChaz
09-14-2009, 07:29 AM
I doubt it. Orton is by far the worst Bronco EVer. Id rather Maurice Clarett was our QB.

We have completely lost clay to the dark side.

claymore
09-14-2009, 07:36 AM
We have completely lost clay to the dark side.

McDaniels took my sunday's away from me.

broncofaninfla
09-14-2009, 08:15 AM

Jay Cutler - 1 TD / 3 INT

He didn't throw any picks but he threw a couple that could/should have been picked, especially the pass into triple coverage that Stokely caught. Based on what I saw with Orton with the Bears and what I've seen to date with the Broncos I don't think he will be our starter next year. Orton simply has a limited skill set and does not have the talent to win games consistantly for us. His shaky passing accuracy will probably cost us games this year. QB is the weakest postion on our team now.

TXBRONC
09-14-2009, 08:28 AM
Hell no.

I don't think him or Simms will be on the team after next season and even that is pushing it, IMO.

If it comes to pass that Orton has mediocre to poor season and McDaniels decides to go a different direction I could see him holding on either Simms or Orton as a back up.

Shazam!
09-14-2009, 08:34 AM
Orton is by far the worst Bronco Ever.

Come now, Clay. Seriously.

Thnikkaman
09-14-2009, 08:54 AM
I think we will see Orton doing better once he is no longer the Michael Jackson of quarterbacks. That being said, I think next year he will be the back-up to Tom Brandstater.

I do think we will have a winning record in 16 weeks.

TXBRONC
09-14-2009, 09:05 AM
I think we will see Orton doing better once he is no longer the Michael Jackson of quarterbacks. That being said, I think next year he will be the back-up to Tom Brandstater.

I do think we will have a winning record in 16 weeks.

The glove isn't problem, but holding to the ball to long is.

claymore
09-14-2009, 09:06 AM
The glove isn't problem, but holding to the ball to long is.

Yeah, the glove looked fine to me as well.

BigDaddyBronco
09-14-2009, 09:12 AM
I do like Orton, he isn't a DB, he tries and doesn't say stupid things or act like a child.

I don't care about his arm strength. It doesn't matter in our offense that he can't throw 60 yard bombs.

I do think his downfall will be his accuracy. You have to be able to hit your receivers in stride and not make them reach back for passes or make acrobatic catches all the time.

Can he get better, I don't know, but I'll root like crazy for him because he is a team player and really tries.

Our long term answer is either going to be drafted or possibly Brandstater.

TXBRONC
09-14-2009, 09:27 AM
I do like Orton, he isn't a DB, he tries and doesn't say stupid things or act like a child.

I don't care about his arm strength. It doesn't matter in our offense that he can't throw 60 yard bombs.

I do think his downfall will be his accuracy. You have to be able to hit your receivers in stride and not make them reach back for passes or make acrobatic catches all the time.

Can he get better, I don't know, but I'll root like crazy for him because he is a team player and really tries.

I think he's going to have to show he can do a better job of hitting deep passes because defense are going to do what the Bengals did and that's something short routes and force him to beat with longer passes.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009091303/2009/REG1/broncos@bengals#tab:analyze

Broncos need to go deep
The Broncos are forced to play small ball with Kyle Orton at quarterback, and the results weren’t good in Josh McDaniels’ debut. The team rarely threw the ball deep, and Orton had only 156 passing yards prior to Brandon Stokley’s unlikely reception. While some of Orton’s limited production can be attributed to the Bengals’ stingy defense, the design of the Broncos’ passing game incorporates few vertical routes or deep throws. Without long balls to stretch the defense, the Bengals crowded the line of scrimmage and made it tough for the Broncos to move the chains consistently for most of the day.
-- Bucky Brooks

Dreadnought
09-14-2009, 09:52 AM

Claymore - Its not even close. Now you know I think Orton is a bad QB, but he's not even the worst QB we've ever fielded. Orton > Tommy Maddox. Orton > Matt Robinson. Orton > Danny Kanell. Orton might be > Patrick Ramsey or Bubby Brister.

Plus we suited up at least 3 safeties last year who were all beyond bad. Plus big fat slow Sam Adams in 2007. Eddie Kennison in 2001. Daryl Gardener, etc. etc. etc. Some sense of proportion please.

I hope he is not our starting QB next year, but that doesn't make him our worst player ever, and he might be worth keeping as a backup though I prefer Simms for that role.

BigDaddyBronco
09-14-2009, 09:55 AM
I think he's going to have to show he can do a better job of hitting deep passes because defense are going to do what the Bengals did and that's something short routes and force him to beat with longer passes.
His deep ball to BM wasn't too bad, a little underthrown, but catchable.

He did have a 87 yard TD pass though. :coffee:

TXBRONC
09-14-2009, 10:10 AM
His deep ball to BM wasn't too bad, a little under thrown, but catchable.

He did have a 87 yard TD pass though. :coffee:

No both of those pass at the end of the game were badly under thrown. It was defender that got his hands on the ball not the intended receiver.

Ravage!!!
09-14-2009, 10:25 AM

I care about his arm strength, but not because of the bombs. I honestly could care less about the deep deep ball. But I did notice that the DBs were really able to break on his passes. I don 't know what they are seeing from his eyes, because obviously we don't get that view often. But they were getting TO his passes and knocking them down. That could be a telegraphing prob, or as it looked, it could be a velocity problem.

TXBRONC
09-14-2009, 10:32 AM
I care about his arm strength, but not because of the bombs. I honestly could care less about the deep deep ball. But I did notice that the DBs were really able to break on his passes. I don 't know what they are seeing from his eyes, because obviously we don't get that view often. But they were getting TO his passes and knocking them down. That could be a telegraphing prob, or as it looked, it could be a velocity problem.

It looked me like he wasn't getting the ball out of his hand quick enough which might be Orton not being comfortable with offense. I also think the velocity of his passes might be an issue as well.

SOCALORADO.
09-14-2009, 10:38 AM
Theres just waaay tooo many really highly touted QBs coming out next year to think that MCD would pass on all of em for Otron.

Sam Bradford*, Oklahoma - Scouting Report
Height: 6-4. Weight: 214.
Projected 40 Time: 4.79.
Projected Round (2010): Top 5 Pick.
9/12/09: Sam Bradford is the perfect example why any quarterback projected to be taken top-five overall should declare early. Stationed behind a poor offensive line, Bradford was 10-of-14 for 96 yards (6.9 YPA) and a score before suffering an injury that has knocked him out 2-4 weeks. Making matters worse, Bradford's star tight end, Jermaine Gresham, is out for the year. Bradford is now in danger of being passed by Jevan Snead and Jimmy Clausen, though that obviously hasn't happened yet.

5/10/09: Sam Bradford is currently listed atop my 2010 NFL Mock Draft.

1/13/09: I felt as though Sam Bradford needed a great game against Florida in the UPS-sponsored final winter practice game to surpass Matt Stafford in these rankings. Bradford went 26-of-41 for 257 yards and two touchdowns, but also tossed two picks. Because Stafford has a more powerful arm (and thus higher upside) he remains No. 1 on the 2009 list.

12/20/08: Of all the quarterbacks eligible for the 2009 NFL Draft, Sam Bradford is the guy who seems to have that special "it." The 2008 Heisman winner, Bradford commanded the best offense the nation has ever seen, throwing for 4,464 yards, 48 touchdowns and just six picks. He completed 68.3 percent of his passes with an amazing 10.1 YPA.

10/12/08: Oklahoma has a lot of work to do to get back into the national title picture, but that doesn't mean that Sam Bradford's draft stock is hurt in any way; through six games, Bradford has 2,052 yards, 23 touchdowns and only five interceptions.

3/26/08: Sam Bradford is going into his redshirt sophomore year, so he'll be eligible for the 2009 Draft. If he matches his 2007 numbers this upcoming year, I see no reason why he woudn't come out early. Bradford threw for 3,121 yards, 36 touchdowns and only eight picks - as a freshman. Unbelievable. Can we get a birth certificate?

Jevan Snead*, Ole Miss
Height: 6-3. Weight: 215.
Projected 40 Time: 4.72.
Projected Round (2010): Top 15 Pick.
9/12/09: With Sam Bradford out 2-4 weeks, Jevan Snead had the perfect opportunity to become the No. 1 quarterback in the 2010 class. Instead, Snead was a pedestrian 12-of-22 for 175 yards, two touchdowns and two picks versus lowly Memphis during the opening game of the season. Snead was very inaccurate and his mechanics were shot. This was only one game, so don't read too much into it, but with more performances like this, Snead is in danger of falling behind Jimmy Clausen.

5/10/09: Jevan Snead could be in the top 10 with another great year; I currently have him going eighth in my 2010 NFL Mock Draft. We'll see how he does without Michael Oher and Mike Wallace.

2/4/09: Along with Michael Oher, Greg Hardy and Peria Jerry, Jevan Sneed was a major reason for Ole Miss' recent success. Sneed threw for 2,762 yards, 26 touchdowns and 13 picks as a sophomore. He also had an 8.4 YPA. His completion percentage of 56.3 is his only blemish.

Jimmy Clausen*, Notre Dame
Height: 6-3. Weight: 217.
Projected 40 Time: 4.80.
Projected Round (2010): Top 25 Pick.
9/12/09: Jimmy Clausen was prolific on opening weekend, going 15-of-18 for 315 yards and four touchdowns. It was just Nevada, but this is what we've been waiting for from Clausen. Clausen is a legitimate first-round prospect if he declares early, and if he continues to put up those type of numbers, he could be the first quarterback taken in the 2010 NFL Draft.

2/4/09: Jimmy Clausen was much more successful as a sophomore than in his troubling freshman year. Clausen threw for 3,172 yards and 25 touchdowns, and maintained a solid 7.2 YPA. However, he tossed 17 picks as well. That number must decrease.

7/24/08: In 2007, Jimmy Clausen often looked lost on the football field. This was extremely evident when he went 7-of-20 for 60 yards and two picks against Boston College on Oct. 13. However, Clausen was an 18-year-old true freshman who was coming off elbow surgery. He finished the year extremely well, tossing six touchdowns and a pick in the final three contests, albeit it was against weaker competition. Now healthy and more mature, Clausen should improve tremendously as a sophomore.

Tim Tebow, Florida - Scouting Report
Height: 6-3. Weight: 235.
Projected 40 Time: 4.54.
5/10/09: Don't listen to me; Bill Parcells said "Tim Tebow won't be a top-five pick, but he'll be a top-10 pick." Jon Gruden, meanwhile, said Tebow would "revolutionize the game." If Pat White was drafted in Round 2, I think Tebow has a shot of getting drafted in the first round.

12/20/08: Everyone knows what sort of an athlete Tim Tebow is. Even if he fails at quarterback, he still has a spot in the league. His greatest challenge will be adjusting from the spread offense to a pro-style attack. But many spread quarterbacks have been taken in the first round, including another Urban Meyer product (Alex Smith). Tebow has a much higher ceiling than the small-handed Smith, who was a fumbling machine waiting to happen.

10/12/08: While some may argue that Tim Tebow won't succeed in the NFL because he plays in Urban Meyer's spread offense, there's no doubt that many NFL GMs and coaches will fall in love with his physical attributes and his extremely high ceiling. He's still going in the first round if he declares early.

2007: Where will Tim Tebow be drafted? Check out the Great Tim Tebow Debate and vote!

Colt McCoy, Texas - Scouting Report
Projected 40 Time: 4.71.
Projected Round (2010): 1-3.
5/10/09: Colt McCoy shouldn't be a first-round prospect, but he happens to be a great fit for Kansas City and Denver's offense, which requires its quarterbacks to play out of the shotgun, maintain no arm strength and not make reads.

1/13/09: Colt McCoy lit up Ohio State's slow defense in the Cool Ranch Doritos Fiesta Bowl, going 41-of-59 for 414 yards, two touchdowns and a pick.

12/20/08: With a completion percentage of 77.6, a YPA of 9.2, a passing touchdown-to-interception ratio of 32 to 7, 576 rushing yards and 10 rushing scores, many can argue that Colt McCoy should have won the Heisman.

10/12/08: Forget the sophomore slump. Colt McCoy is red-hot this season. His completion percentage is a shade off 80! He has 17 touchdowns and just three picks. His YPA is 9.9. He was brilliant against Oklahoma, going 28-of-35, 277 yards and a score.

3/26/08: Colt McCoy had a disappointing sophomore year, throwing 18 picks after just seven in 2006. His completion percentage dropped three points as well.

2007: McCoy threw interceptions like a madman in a 20-point loss to Kansas State. Through five games, he has way more picks than he had as a freshman.

Max Hall, BYU
Height: 6-1. Weight: 201.
Projected 40 Time: 4.73.
Projected Round (2010): 2.
9/12/09: Max Hall, Tim Hiller and Zac Robinson are all battling to be the first quarterback to be taken after the opening round, and it looks like Hall has taken the early lead. Hall was an amazing 26-of-38 for 329 yards, two touchdowns and a pair of picks against Oklahoma. Hall was very poised on BYU's game-winning drive and showed great leadership in the Cougars' upset victory. Hall made one mistake early in the game when he threw a pass across his body that was intercepted, but I'd say he atoned for that error.

2/4/09: Max Hall had a prolific year for BYU, throwing for 3,957 yards and 35 touchdowns. His completion percentage (69.2) and YPA (8.3) were also outstanding.

7/24/08: A transfer from Arizona State and a member of the 2007 All-Mountain West team, Max Hall garnered 3,848 yards, 26 touchdowns and 12 picks as a sophomore. In two games against UCLA (one was the Las Vegas Postseason Exhibition Match), Hall went 51-of-85, 622 yards, four scores and one pick.

Zac Robinson, Oklahoma State
Height: 6-3. Weight: 210.
Projected 40 Time: 4.62.
Projected Round (2010): 2-3.
2/4/09: Zac Robinson registered 3,064 yards, 25 touchdowns and just 10 picks in a prolific season for Oklahoma State. Robinson also completed 65 percent of his passes and maintained an amazing 9.8 YPA.

7/24/08: Don't worry - this Oklahoma State quarterback doesn't break down and cry if he's called a "momma's boy." Zac Robinson put up impressive seasonal numbers (2,824 yards, 23 TDs, 9 INTs), but was a bit inconsistent at times, failing to complete more than 50 percent of his passes on four occasions.

Pat Devlin*, Delaware
Height: 6-4. Weight: 225.
Projected 40 Time: 4.84.
2/4/09: Pat Devlin doesn't have much playing experience, thanks to Darryl Clark, but he possesses a rocket arm. He transferred over to Delaware in hopes of becoming the next Joe Flacco. With two strong seasons, Devlin could be a first-round pick in 2010.
(THIS GUY HAS ALL THE SAME PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS AS JAY CUTLER)

Tim Hiller, Western Michigan - Scouting Report
Height: 6-5. Weight: 228.
Projected 40 Time: 4.94.
Projected Round (2010): 4-5.
9/12/09: So much for all the talk about Tim Hiller joining Sam Bradford and Jevan Snead in the first round. Hiller was 22-of-38 for 259 yards, one touchdown and two picks against Michigan. I thought Hiller would show more poise and leadership in a tough environment; instead, he looked rattled and could have tossed several more interceptions. Hiller needs to do more work to sneak into the first three rounds.

2/4/09: While Tim Hiller started and played OK as a sophomore, he really stepped it up in 2008, throwing for 3,725 yards, 36 touchdowns and just 10 picks. Hiller also maintained a 64.9 completion percentage and a 7.1 YPA.

Look at all those guys projected in just the top 2-3 rounds.
Too much HUGE potential to not draft one of them.

MOtorboat
09-14-2009, 10:41 AM
First off, Bradford is hurt.

And second, you can't think like that as a talent evaluator. You have to think about what you have available to you at the moment. It's like tanking a year for the draft, it would be dumb.

shank
09-19-2009, 02:01 PM
brandstater is the future.

Zweems56
09-19-2009, 02:15 PM
brandstarter is the future.

edited for accuracy.

silkamilkamonico
09-19-2009, 02:22 PM
Theres just waaay tooo many really highly touted QBs coming out next year to think that MCD would pass on all of em for Otron.

Sam Bradford*, Oklahoma - Scouting Report
Height: 6-4. Weight: 214.
Projected 40 Time: 4.79.
Projected Round (2010): Top 5 Pick.
9/12/09: Sam Bradford is the perfect example why any quarterback projected to be taken top-five overall should declare early. Stationed behind a poor offensive line, Bradford was 10-of-14 for 96 yards (6.9 YPA) and a score before suffering an injury that has knocked him out 2-4 weeks. Making matters worse, Bradford's star tight end, Jermaine Gresham, is out for the year. Bradford is now in danger of being passed by Jevan Snead and Jimmy Clausen, though that obviously hasn't happened yet.

5/10/09: Sam Bradford is currently listed atop my 2010 NFL Mock Draft.

1/13/09: I felt as though Sam Bradford needed a great game against Florida in the UPS-sponsored final winter practice game to surpass Matt Stafford in these rankings. Bradford went 26-of-41 for 257 yards and two touchdowns, but also tossed two picks. Because Stafford has a more powerful arm (and thus higher upside) he remains No. 1 on the 2009 list.

12/20/08: Of all the quarterbacks eligible for the 2009 NFL Draft, Sam Bradford is the guy who seems to have that special "it." The 2008 Heisman winner, Bradford commanded the best offense the nation has ever seen, throwing for 4,464 yards, 48 touchdowns and just six picks. He completed 68.3 percent of his passes with an amazing 10.1 YPA.

10/12/08: Oklahoma has a lot of work to do to get back into the national title picture, but that doesn't mean that Sam Bradford's draft stock is hurt in any way; through six games, Bradford has 2,052 yards, 23 touchdowns and only five interceptions.

3/26/08: Sam Bradford is going into his redshirt sophomore year, so he'll be eligible for the 2009 Draft. If he matches his 2007 numbers this upcoming year, I see no reason why he woudn't come out early. Bradford threw for 3,121 yards, 36 touchdowns and only eight picks - as a freshman. Unbelievable. Can we get a birth certificate?

Jevan Snead*, Ole Miss
Projected 40 Time: 4.72.
Projected Round (2010): Top 15 Pick.
9/12/09: With Sam Bradford out 2-4 weeks, Jevan Snead had the perfect opportunity to become the No. 1 quarterback in the 2010 class. Instead, Snead was a pedestrian 12-of-22 for 175 yards, two touchdowns and two picks versus lowly Memphis during the opening game of the season. Snead was very inaccurate and his mechanics were shot. This was only one game, so don't read too much into it, but with more performances like this, Snead is in danger of falling behind Jimmy Clausen.

5/10/09: Jevan Snead could be in the top 10 with another great year; I currently have him going eighth in my 2010 NFL Mock Draft. We'll see how he does without Michael Oher and Mike Wallace.

2/4/09: Along with Michael Oher, Greg Hardy and Peria Jerry, Jevan Sneed was a major reason for Ole Miss' recent success. Sneed threw for 2,762 yards, 26 touchdowns and 13 picks as a sophomore. He also had an 8.4 YPA. His completion percentage of 56.3 is his only blemish.

Jimmy Clausen*, Notre Dame
Height: 6-3. Weight: 217.
Projected 40 Time: 4.80.
9/12/09: Jimmy Clausen was prolific on opening weekend, going 15-of-18 for 315 yards and four touchdowns. It was just Nevada, but this is what we've been waiting for from Clausen. Clausen is a legitimate first-round prospect if he declares early, and if he continues to put up those type of numbers, he could be the first quarterback taken in the 2010 NFL Draft.

2/4/09: Jimmy Clausen was much more successful as a sophomore than in his troubling freshman year. Clausen threw for 3,172 yards and 25 touchdowns, and maintained a solid 7.2 YPA. However, he tossed 17 picks as well. That number must decrease.

7/24/08: In 2007, Jimmy Clausen often looked lost on the football field. This was extremely evident when he went 7-of-20 for 60 yards and two picks against Boston College on Oct. 13. However, Clausen was an 18-year-old true freshman who was coming off elbow surgery. He finished the year extremely well, tossing six touchdowns and a pick in the final three contests, albeit it was against weaker competition. Now healthy and more mature, Clausen should improve tremendously as a sophomore.

Tim Tebow, Florida - Scouting Report
Height: 6-3. Weight: 235.
Projected 40 Time: 4.54.
5/10/09: Don't listen to me; Bill Parcells said "Tim Tebow won't be a top-five pick, but he'll be a top-10 pick." Jon Gruden, meanwhile, said Tebow would "revolutionize the game." If Pat White was drafted in Round 2, I think Tebow has a shot of getting drafted in the first round.

12/20/08: Everyone knows what sort of an athlete Tim Tebow is. Even if he fails at quarterback, he still has a spot in the league. His greatest challenge will be adjusting from the spread offense to a pro-style attack. But many spread quarterbacks have been taken in the first round, including another Urban Meyer product (Alex Smith). Tebow has a much higher ceiling than the small-handed Smith, who was a fumbling machine waiting to happen.

10/12/08: While some may argue that Tim Tebow won't succeed in the NFL because he plays in Urban Meyer's spread offense, there's no doubt that many NFL GMs and coaches will fall in love with his physical attributes and his extremely high ceiling. He's still going in the first round if he declares early.

2007: Where will Tim Tebow be drafted? Check out the Great Tim Tebow Debate and vote!

Colt McCoy, Texas - Scouting Report
Projected 40 Time: 4.71.
Projected Round (2010): 1-3.
5/10/09: Colt McCoy shouldn't be a first-round prospect, but he happens to be a great fit for Kansas City and Denver's offense, which requires its quarterbacks to play out of the shotgun, maintain no arm strength and not make reads.

1/13/09: Colt McCoy lit up Ohio State's slow defense in the Cool Ranch Doritos Fiesta Bowl, going 41-of-59 for 414 yards, two touchdowns and a pick.

12/20/08: With a completion percentage of 77.6, a YPA of 9.2, a passing touchdown-to-interception ratio of 32 to 7, 576 rushing yards and 10 rushing scores, many can argue that Colt McCoy should have won the Heisman.

10/12/08: Forget the sophomore slump. Colt McCoy is red-hot this season. His completion percentage is a shade off 80! He has 17 touchdowns and just three picks. His YPA is 9.9. He was brilliant against Oklahoma, going 28-of-35, 277 yards and a score.

3/26/08: Colt McCoy had a disappointing sophomore year, throwing 18 picks after just seven in 2006. His completion percentage dropped three points as well.

2007: McCoy threw interceptions like a madman in a 20-point loss to Kansas State. Through five games, he has way more picks than he had as a freshman.

Max Hall, BYU
Height: 6-1. Weight: 201.
Projected 40 Time: 4.73.
Projected Round (2010): 2.
9/12/09: Max Hall, Tim Hiller and Zac Robinson are all battling to be the first quarterback to be taken after the opening round, and it looks like Hall has taken the early lead. Hall was an amazing 26-of-38 for 329 yards, two touchdowns and a pair of picks against Oklahoma. Hall was very poised on BYU's game-winning drive and showed great leadership in the Cougars' upset victory. Hall made one mistake early in the game when he threw a pass across his body that was intercepted, but I'd say he atoned for that error.

2/4/09: Max Hall had a prolific year for BYU, throwing for 3,957 yards and 35 touchdowns. His completion percentage (69.2) and YPA (8.3) were also outstanding.

7/24/08: A transfer from Arizona State and a member of the 2007 All-Mountain West team, Max Hall garnered 3,848 yards, 26 touchdowns and 12 picks as a sophomore. In two games against UCLA (one was the Las Vegas Postseason Exhibition Match), Hall went 51-of-85, 622 yards, four scores and one pick.

Zac Robinson, Oklahoma State
Height: 6-3. Weight: 210.
Projected 40 Time: 4.62.
2/4/09: Zac Robinson registered 3,064 yards, 25 touchdowns and just 10 picks in a prolific season for Oklahoma State. Robinson also completed 65 percent of his passes and maintained an amazing 9.8 YPA.

7/24/08: Don't worry - this Oklahoma State quarterback doesn't break down and cry if he's called a "momma's boy." Zac Robinson put up impressive seasonal numbers (2,824 yards, 23 TDs, 9 INTs), but was a bit inconsistent at times, failing to complete more than 50 percent of his passes on four occasions.

Pat Devlin*, Delaware
Height: 6-4. Weight: 225.
Projected 40 Time: 4.84.
2/4/09: Pat Devlin doesn't have much playing experience, thanks to Darryl Clark, but he possesses a rocket arm. He transferred over to Delaware in hopes of becoming the next Joe Flacco. With two strong seasons, Devlin could be a first-round pick in 2010.
(THIS GUY HAS ALL THE SAME PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS AS JAY CUTLER)

Tim Hiller, Western Michigan - Scouting Report
Height: 6-5. Weight: 228.
Projected 40 Time: 4.94.
Projected Round (2010): 4-5.
9/12/09: So much for all the talk about Tim Hiller joining Sam Bradford and Jevan Snead in the first round. Hiller was 22-of-38 for 259 yards, one touchdown and two picks against Michigan. I thought Hiller would show more poise and leadership in a tough environment; instead, he looked rattled and could have tossed several more interceptions. Hiller needs to do more work to sneak into the first three rounds.

2/4/09: While Tim Hiller started and played OK as a sophomore, he really stepped it up in 2008, throwing for 3,725 yards, 36 touchdowns and just 10 picks. Hiller also maintained a 64.9 completion percentage and a 7.1 YPA.

Look at all those guys projected in just the top 2-3 rounds.
Too much HUGE potential to not draft one of them.

1)7 of those QB's are system Qb's in college. They won't even pan out in the NFL.

2)McDaniels traded a draft pick to grab Brandstater to develop. He isn't going to waste a first day pick on another QB....to develop. Or any pick for that matter.

Tned
09-19-2009, 02:30 PM
1)7 of those QB's are system Qb's in college. They won't even pan out in the NFL.

2)McDaniels traded a draft pick to grab Brandstater to develop. He isn't going to waste a first day pick on another QB....to develop. Or any pick for that matter.

Brandstater is a project QB. Odds are, he will never be anything more than a backup QB in this league. Don't get me wrong, I think he showed some flashes in pre-season, and hope he turns into more than that, but the 'odds' are that 6th round QBs are lucky to become journeymen backups.

I'm sure McDaniels isn't betting his future on the arm of a sixth round QB.

honz
09-19-2009, 02:35 PM
Of course Orton will be our starting QB next year. You don't switch QB's the year after winning the Super Bowl.

shank
09-19-2009, 02:36 PM
Brandstater is a project QB. Odds are, he will never be anything more than a backup QB in this league. Don't get me wrong, I think he showed some flashes in pre-season, and hope he turns into more than that, but the 'odds' are that 6th round QBs are lucky to become journeymen backups.

T... what, other than the number 6, makes you think that brandstater will never be more than a backup?

HORSEPOWER 56
09-19-2009, 02:38 PM

McD wants a "system QB". Someone to run his system. He doesn't have to overly big, strong, or have a great arm, he just needs to be able to run the shotgun spread dink and dunk and have some pocket awareness. A lot of folks think that Tom Terrific doesn't have a lot of arm strength that's why he dinks and dunks so much, but I will tell you that the two TD passes to Ben Watson on Monday night were BBs that Orton couldn't have made.

The problem is that if the QB can't throw accurately or with zip over 20 yds, you'll never be able to expose an opposing defense that stacks the LOS and plays man-bump coverage to contain the short stuff. Most of the QBs on that list have a better arm than Orton and are more mobile. I'm not saying they'll be better pros, just that they have better physical skills.

Tned
09-19-2009, 02:44 PM
T... what, other than the number 6, makes you think that brandstater will never be more than a backup?

Again, I am going by odds. Typically, when 32 NFL clubs pass on a QB for 5+ rounds, that QB is lucky if he becomes a journeyman backup in this league. There are exceptions, of course, but odds are not good that a 6th round QB becomes a quality starting QB, and the odds against that QB becoming a great starter are very slim.

In our limited time watching him, he played good and bad. In that last game, he had less than a 50% completion percentage, IIRC, and looked good in his first quarter, but took a lot of chances after that.

I guess the better question is what has he done to inspire so much confidence some have in him -- some actually calling for him to start now.

honz
09-19-2009, 02:47 PM
Again, I am going by odds. Typically, when 32 NFL clubs pass on a QB for 5+ rounds, that QB is lucky if he becomes a journeyman backup in this league. There are exceptions, of course, but odds are not good that a 6th round QB becomes a quality starting QB, and the odds against that QB becoming a great starter are very slim.

In our limited time watching him, he played good and bad. In that last game, he had less than a 50% completion percentage, IIRC, and looked good in his first quarter, but took a lot of chances after that.

I guess the better question is what has he done to inspire so much confidence some have in him -- some actually calling for him to start now.
Because he is a rookie and can throw it farther than Orton...people generally love rookies because they justify the mistakes they make instead of ripping them for them.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-19-2009, 02:50 PM
Because he is a rookie and can throw it farther than Orton...people generally love rookies because they justify the mistakes they make instead of ripping them for them.

Just because he can throw it farther, is that what McD's system demands?

shank
09-19-2009, 02:56 PM

he played like a rookie most of the time, which is to be expected. but he played above a level that i think orton is capable of at other times (i still like orton just fine for now).

tom showed arm strength, pocket awareness, mobility, accuracy... and we all know that he's a smart kid. to me, that's everything that we want in a quarterback, especially in the 'mcdaniels system.'

i'm definitely not calling for him to start now, i think that would just ruin him. but he's talented enough IMO that if he sits this year and soaks it all in, he will be ready to run the show successfully next season, and we won't have to spend an early pick on a qb.

Tned
09-19-2009, 03:09 PM
he played like a rookie most of the time, which is to be expected. but he played above a level that i think orton is capable of at other times (i still like orton just fine for now).

tom showed arm strength, pocket awareness, mobility, accuracy... and we all know that he's a smart kid. to me, that's everything that we want in a quarterback, especially in the 'mcdaniels system.'

i'm definitely not calling for him to start now, i think that would just ruin him. but he's talented enough IMO that if he sits this year and soaks it all in, he will be ready to run the show successfully next season, and we won't have to spend an early pick on a qb.

I have but three letters for you, which hopefully will help temper your expectations. B -- V -- P.

As I have said, I 'hope' that he turns out to be the exception (Tom Brady, TD, etc) rather than the rule, but the odds are against him.

silkamilkamonico
09-19-2009, 03:20 PM
McD wants a "system QB". Someone to run his system. He doesn't have to overly big, strong, or have a great arm, he just needs to be able to run the shotgun spread dink and dunk and have some pocket awareness. A lot of folks think that Tom Terrific doesn't have a lot of arm strength that's why he dinks and dunks so much, but I will tell you that the two TD passes to Ben Watson on Monday night were BBs that Orton couldn't have made.

The problem is that if the QB can't throw accurately or with zip over 20 yds, you'll never be able to expose an opposing defense that stacks the LOS and plays man-bump coverage to contain the short stuff. Most of the QBs on that list have a better arm than Orton and are more mobile. I'm not saying they'll be better pros, just that they have better physical skills.

So did Chase McDaniels, who's virtually a carbon copy of 2/3's of the QB on that list. Did he even get drafted?

silkamilkamonico
09-19-2009, 03:23 PM

Well, hopefully Mcdaniels can get his QB quick. He isn't going to have a 4-5 year window to find one. If that's the case with Brandstater, the current future doesn't look bright. Orton is an average game manager at best (that simply will not get it done with this offense and our team), and Simms can't even beat him out.

The only QB on that list that even has remote potential IMHO is Bradford, and we won't be picking high enough to get him.

It's too bad. The offense can be a thing of beuty when it has the QB to run it. We just haven't been lucky enough to see it yet.

shank
09-19-2009, 03:27 PM
I have but three letters for you, which hopefully will help temper your expectations. B -- V -- P.

As I have said, I 'hope' that he turns out to be the exception (Tom Brady, TD, etc) rather than the rule, but the odds are against him.

i never thought BVP was anything but a way for shanny to give colorado locals a reason to high five...

brandstater has already shown that he shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as BVP.:coffee:

silkamilkamonico
09-19-2009, 03:31 PM
i never thought BVP was anything but a way for shanny to give colorado locals a reason to high five...

brandstater has already shown that he shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as BVP.:coffee:

BVP was a joke, and should have never even made a practice roster as a QB. Just another decision that showed Shanahan was losing it.

Tned
09-19-2009, 03:33 PM

No, he really hasn't. He had one 'decent' preseason game. I understand the hope we have as fans for our draft picks to be better than they are. We are all guilty of it, myself included, but at the moment we have nothing but blind hope telling us that Brandstater will do anything.

Tned
09-19-2009, 03:33 PM
BVP was a joke, and should have never even made a practice roster as a QB. Just another decision that showed Shanahan was losing it.

And the brilliance of message board GM's, as many, many, many fans called for him to start.

silkamilkamonico
09-19-2009, 03:35 PM
And the brilliance of message board GM's, as many, many, many fans called for him to start.

Those are probably the same kind of fans that wanted Steve Spagnuolo as our next HC.

shank
09-19-2009, 03:36 PM
No, he really hasn't. He had one 'decent' preseason game. I understand the hope we have as fans for our draft picks to be better than they are. We are all guilty of it, myself included, but at the moment we have nothing but blind hope telling us that Brandstater will do anything.

i disagree.

honz
09-19-2009, 03:43 PM
Those are probably the same kind of fans that wanted Steve Spagnuolo as our next HC.

Spagnuolo has done a great job with the Rams. They might even score this week.

Tned
09-19-2009, 03:57 PM
i disagree.

Well, considering all we have is part of game 3 and game 4 of the preseason, it's impossible to I will reiterate that I hope your 'hope' turns into reality.

T.K.O.
09-19-2009, 03:59 PM
if we make 8-8 with this schedule i think orton will deserve another year to prove himself.and by then he will be completely comfortable with his recievers and scheme.
if we go 4-12 like some expect,i would assume that mcD will move on with branstater and pick up another vet in free agency to open up competition.

oh and finally,WHEN we make the playoffs this year none of this will matter :salute::D

HORSEPOWER 56
09-19-2009, 04:02 PM
So did Chase McDaniels, who's virtually a carbon copy of 2/3's of the QB on that list. Did he even get drafted?

You know he didn't. But when it comes to three programs that throw up a ton of college stats for QBs but don't really equate well to the NFL, Texas Tech tops the list (the other two being Houston and Hawaii).

I think that Tebow, Bradford, or McCoy will probably turn out fine in your average NFL offense. I doubt they'll be all world their first season, but all of them are good football players. Tebow would probably be a dynamite TE if he doesn't pan out at QB, too.

Tned
09-19-2009, 04:02 PM
if we make 8-8 with this schedule i think orton will deserve another year to prove himself.and by then he will be completely comfortable with his recievers and scheme.
if we go 4-12 like some expect,i would assume that mcD will move on with branstater and pick up another vet in free agency to open up competition.

oh and finally,WHEN we make the playoffs this year none of this will matter :salute::D

Yes, but at 8-8, will he have done enough for the Broncos to resign him, as he will be a free agent?

Unless the Broncos sign him to an extension sometime during the season, they will be bidding on him in FA.

T.K.O.
09-19-2009, 04:36 PM
Yes, but at 8-8, will he have done enough for the Broncos to resign him, as he will be a free agent?

Unless the Broncos sign him to an extension sometime during the season, they will be bidding on him in FA.

i would suspect that even at 8-8 we would take the schedule and the fact that he was learning the system etc...into consideration and realize that would be a pretty good year.not to mention there wont be alot of teams lining up to steal away an 8-8 qb. unless he pulls a miracle and throws for 4000 yds and 30+ td's. then we may have a hard time keeping him.
i think he has his head on straight and would realize he has a pretty good thing in denver and work well with the f.o.

Tned
09-19-2009, 04:37 PM
i would suspect that even at 8-8 we would take the schedule and the fact that he was learning the system etc...into consideration and realize that would be a pretty good year.not to mention there wont be alot of teams lining up to steal away an 8-8 qb. unless he pulls a miracle and throws for 4000 yds and 30+ td's. then we may have a hard time keeping him.
i think he has his head on straight and would realize he has a pretty good thing in denver and work well with the f.o.

Maybe, just pointing out that those that talk about him being our starter next year have to remember that besides whether or not he plays well enough to start next year is the fact he is only signed through this year.

silkamilkamonico
09-19-2009, 04:39 PM
You know he didn't. But when it comes to three programs that throw up a ton of college stats for QBs but don't really equate well to the NFL, Texas Tech tops the list (the other two being Houston and Hawaii).

I think that Tebow, Bradford, or McCoy will probably turn out fine in your average NFL offense. I doubt they'll be all world their first season, but all of them are good football players. Tebow would probably be a dynamite TE if he doesn't pan out at QB, too.

Tebow, and McCoy do not play in an NFL system offense. They don't make reads, they don't audible, and they aren't predicated to read coverages. That's arguably the very reason why no QB from Texas Tech has done well at the next level.

Everyone in the NFl is a good football player. You have to be exceptional to stand out.

Ravage!!!
09-19-2009, 04:51 PM
Tned is right though.... the odds of TB being anything other than just a backup LARGE. If he comes to be a decent back-up, thats good for the round he was picked. To expect him to ever be a quality starter in the NFL... is pushing the odds a great deal. Doesn't mean he can't or won't....but realistically speaking, the kid will be lucky to be on the roster even next season.

TXBRONC
09-19-2009, 06:02 PM
Tned is right though.... the odds of TB being anything other than just a backup LARGE. If he comes to be a decent back-up, thats good for the round he was picked. To expect him to ever be a quality starter in the NFL... is pushing the odds a great deal. Doesn't mean he can't or won't....but realistically speaking, the kid will be lucky to be on the roster even next season.

From what I've seen of him I like his skill set but there is no guarantee that he can develop into a starting quarterback. While I don't know this for fact, my hunch is that McDaniels drafted Brandstater with hopes of at least trying to develop him into a starting quarterback.

Ravage!!!
09-19-2009, 06:12 PM
From what I've seen of him I like his skill set but there is no guarantee that he can develop into a starting quarterback. While I don't know this for fact, my hunch is that McDaniels drafted Brandstater with hopes of at least trying to develop him into a starting quarterback.

Of course. I believe that he has the feeling with QBs that Shanahan had with RBs. Brady was a 6th... Cassel was undrafted(??)... so it only goes to believe that he has the belief that TB can be a starting QB... and I'm not saying he can't. I'm just saying that the odds are GREATLY against him.. and GREATLY against McDaniels if he believes (if) you can simply draft starting QBs in the 6th round all the time.

Confidence in a system is one thing......

TXBRONC
09-19-2009, 06:20 PM
Of course. I believe that he has the feeling with QBs that Shanahan had with RBs. Brady was a 6th... Cassel was undrafted(??)... so it only goes to believe that he has the belief that TB can be a starting QB... and I'm not saying he can't. I'm just saying that the odds are GREATLY against him.. and GREATLY against McDaniels if he believes (if) you can simply draft starting QBs in the 6th round all the time.

Confidence in a system is one thing......

Cassel was taken in the 7th round of the 2005 draft.

I agree with you the odds are against Brandstater. I'm just saying I think he has some physical tools to work with.

Ravage!!!
09-19-2009, 06:45 PM
Cassel was taken in the 7th round of the 2005 draft.

I agree with you the odds are against Brandstater. I'm just saying I think he has some physical tools to work with.

True.... absolutely. But then, every QB that comes out of college and is drafted has the tools. They wouldn't be there at all if they didn't.

Northman
09-19-2009, 06:47 PM
I doubt Orton will be our starter. I know that McD wants a better Qb but the one we had was born with a vagina so we will have to wait until next year to draft and groom our guy for the future.

T.K.O.
09-19-2009, 07:27 PM
I doubt Orton will be our starter. I know that McD wants a better Qb but the one we had was born with a vagina so we will have to wait until next year to draft and groom our guy for the future.

sexist !:D

Shutdown
09-19-2009, 11:02 PM

LOL! Good stuff.

What about Brandstater though? He has all the physical tools. Couldn't he be groomed?