PDA

View Full Version : We'll Be Baac

Joel
02-02-2014, 10:55 PM
I don't know what the future holds for Champ or Manning, and FA will shred us, but it doesn't matter: We'll be back, regardless of what does or doesn't happen with that other crap. Because we're the Broncos, and that's what we do. Here's to the first of many titanic struggles with what looks like a 'roid-ragin' Seahawks dynasty. Still doesn't matter. It's over when the Denver Broncos f--kin' well give you PERMISSION to slink off and lick your wounds, NFL. And yes, I may be a little drunk. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QbjrbUITEc

WTE
02-02-2014, 11:07 PM
Lol

Hawgdriver
02-02-2014, 11:38 PM
Nice ditty.

Joel, we got our shit packed in.

Back next year. Like all the other 31.

Congrats Seahawks.

GEM
02-02-2014, 11:47 PM
Im not looking forward to the novel titled I told you so.

Mo's unjinx couldnt overcome Joel's season long jinx.

WTE
02-02-2014, 11:49 PM
Karma Joel. Karma.

Hawgdriver
02-02-2014, 11:50 PM

I know homeboy is not happy, but I know what you mean GEM. He proved to be smarter and more incisive than the rest of us, the choadlikker. j/k Joel buddy.

Simple Jaded
02-02-2014, 11:58 PM
I know homeboy is not happy, but I know what you mean GEM. He proved to be smarter and more incisive than the rest of us, the choadlikker. j/k Joel buddy.

Joel loves to hear how smart he is, but saying it sway any favor if that's what you're hoping for.

Hawgdriver
02-03-2014, 12:00 AM
Joel loves to hear how smart he is, but saying it sway any favor if that's what you're hoping for.

I guess I'm hoping for unity. And to understand your post.

Simple Jaded
02-03-2014, 12:15 AM
I guess I'm hoping for unity. And to understand your post.

I just saying that telling Joel how smart he is isn't going to prevent the inevitable "I told you so" dissertation that will do nothing to bring anything resembling "unity".

Hawgdriver
02-03-2014, 12:21 AM
I just saying that telling Joel how smart he is isn't going to prevent the inevitable "I told you so" dissertation that will do nothing to bring anything resembling "unity".

Yeah, I hope that's not the case. If it is, then f that dude. The last thing I need right now is a lecture.

Joel
02-03-2014, 01:24 PM

Mo's unjinx couldnt overcome Joel's season long jinx.
I had 8 oz. of scotch in before the game even started, to enjoy/endure whatever happened; it was a good thing, because I needed it from the opening kickoff (WHY run that out, Holliday?!) However, it also means I can't give a post mortem on anything after Seattles much better second half kickoff return. This wasn't the kind of game that needs deep analysis though: They dominated us immediately, consistently and across the board. Seattle came to play, from kickoff to gun, and if we didn't do that any more than we have all year, it ain't on me.

Northman
02-03-2014, 01:27 PM

To be fair, there are a lot of "knowitalls" on this board including myself. I can start listing them if you like so Joel doesnt feel lonely. :lol:

CoachChaz
02-03-2014, 01:29 PM
I also picked Seattle to win...but I'ts certainly not something I want to brag about

Northman
02-03-2014, 01:30 PM
I had 8 oz. of scotch in before the game even started, to enjoy/endure whatever happened; it was a good thing, because I needed it from the opening kickoff (WHY run that out, Holliday?!) However, it also means I can't give a post mortem on anything after Seattles much better second half kickoff return. This wasn't the kind of game that needs deep analysis though: They dominated us immediately, consistently and across the board. Seattle came to play, from kickoff to gun, and if we didn't do that any more than we have all year, it ain't on me.

Amazingly i only had two beers but Missy was obliterated. lol

Oddly enough i was calm except on DT's moronic fumble play. But Missy was acting like i was back in the 80's during those SB embarrassments. This is a first for her in terms of seeing our beloved Broncos in a big game only to look like a donkey's ass so she gets a pass for me. But she was plenty of entertainment for everyone else at the party. I went straight from watching the game to watching NCIS without even blinking an eye. Been there, done that. lmao

BigDaddyBronco
02-03-2014, 01:44 PM
My wife left to go to the gym after we were down 15-0 as she thought she was being a jinx (crazy BS, but whatever). Then we threw the pick-6. Amazingly, I felt bad after the coin toss and never recovered. I didn't go chazoe or anything, it just doesn't get to me as much as it used too. Must be age or having kids or something. Puts things in perspective for me.

Joel
02-03-2014, 02:08 PM

Oddly enough i was calm except on DT's moronic fumble play. But Missy was acting like i was back in the 80's during those SB embarrassments. This is a first for her in terms of seeing our beloved Broncos in a big game only to look like a donkey's ass so she gets a pass for me. But she was plenty of entertainment for everyone else at the party. I went straight from watching the game to watching NCIS without even blinking an eye. Been there, done that. lmao
I can't be quite that blasé about it, maybe because this was the first time I remember seeing my team lose a SB, let alone get so thoroughly destroyed from start to finish. The Oilers never made it that far until after I disowned them for leaving Houston, and I was only 4 the last time Pitt beat my dads Cowboys. So I'm really glad I was pretty sauced by the end (and kind of impressed I managed to make that entire OP with just one typo, regrettably in the title.) It made me mostly numb to the global embarrassment we all beheld.

That's what it was, folks; Peyton may consider "embarrassment" insulting, but it's really just descriptive. I've spent over a year indoctrinating my Italian friend as a Broncos fan, and we kept up a steady Skype chat throughout the game; by the end he was talking about jumping ship. His FB post this morning was that the Broncos owe him 4 hours of sleep (the game ended around 4AM here, and he had class at 9.) My wifes best friend sent her a text asking if she needed to get out of the house because it wasn't safe. The whole WORLD saw that, ya'll. :redface:

The thing is though, as Lombardi and so many others have noted over the decades, it doesn't matter how many times we get knocked down, what matters is we always get up again.

Northman
02-03-2014, 02:10 PM
With Bowlen and Elway, that will always be the case. They wont let us fall far with or without Manning.

Nomad
02-03-2014, 02:32 PM

I went sober this SB, unlike the Denver/GB SB, I had to rewatch the game to remember it and called in sick the next 2 days....damn Jack Daniels :tsk::lol:

tomjonesrocks
02-03-2014, 03:31 PM
I had 8 oz. of scotch in before the game even started, to enjoy/endure whatever happened; it was a good thing, because I needed it from the opening kickoff (WHY run that out, Holliday?!) However, it also means I can't give a post mortem on anything after Seattles much better second half kickoff return.

Pretty much what I did. I specifically planned NOT to drink until kickoff -- but I was throwing a party (awful, awful decision) and wound up with a couple beers in me beforehand as it turned out, and thank God for that. I needed it immediately.

After Harvin's return the game was officially over and the TV sat mostly unattended to while we worked on our next day hangovers.

I will never host a party for a game I care about again.

Joel
02-03-2014, 05:39 PM
Pretty much what I did. I specifically planned NOT to drink until kickoff -- but I was throwing a party (awful, awful decision) and wound up with a couple beers in me beforehand as it turned out, and thank God for that. I needed it immediately.

After Harvin's return the game was officially over and the TV sat mostly unattended to while we worked on our next day hangovers.

I will never host a party for a game I care about again.
Sounds familiar; I invited everyone I know here, but even before the playoffs part of me hoped I wouldn't be treating them to, well, THAT. Since the kickoff was just past midnight Monday morning and we have a month-old baby (and, strangely, most folks I know have newborns, too) no one could make it; I'm really grateful for that now. Maybe the Broncos were drunk; would explain a lot.

Joel
02-08-2016, 12:12 AM
I don't know what the future holds for Champ or Manning, and FA will shred us, but it doesn't matter: We'll be back, regardless of what does or doesn't happen with that other crap. Because we're the Broncos, and that's what we do. Here's to the first of many titanic struggles with what looks like a 'roid-ragin' Seahawks dynasty. Still doesn't matter. It's over when the Denver Broncos f--kin' well give you PERMISSION to slink off and lick your wounds, NFL. And yes, I may be a little drunk. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QbjrbUITEc
Bump

Hawgdriver
02-08-2016, 12:51 AM
haha. I approve of drunk Joel

Simple Jaded
02-08-2016, 12:54 AM
I think this celebration bump is a good place to note what ****** BAMF John Elway is, dude went from building the best offense ever, which couldn't overcome a shit OL, to building one of the best defenses of all time, which did overcome a shit OL. He did within 2 seasons.

Two. Seasons.

I Eat Staples
02-08-2016, 12:57 AM
Well we did already have a ton of talent on defense, but we added to that and most importantly brought in Wade Phillips.

Simple Jaded
02-08-2016, 01:02 AM
Built by John Elway.